Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446870 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Tucode: 10:02am On Feb 16, 2020
While my mind was made up on the TSX, I only just discovered now that the tsx requires Premium gasoline and not the regular gasoline we have in Nigeria. I have read that this will affect the performance, gas mileage and have a big toll on the engine in the long run. This is a huge put off for me as I would prefer to have peace of mind with my first ride. What do you think sir?
nurey:

Acura TSX is my choice, more luxurious than the Accord and would give me a basic luxury and better fuel economy than the TL. Besides it less common on the road which would command more respect than Accord.

I am not a gadget freek and I won't live in the car so I am comfortable with the DVD screen with rear camera and the steering wheel controls, all the other things the TL has better than TSX, I don't need them.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:30am On Feb 16, 2020
Tucode:
While my mind was made up on the TSX, I only just discovered now that the tsx requires Premium gasoline and not the regular gasoline we have in Nigeria. I have read that this will affect the performance, gas mileage and have a big toll on the engine in the long run. This is a huge put off for me as I would prefer to have peace of mind with my first ride. What do you think sir?

Acura TSX 1st generation 4 cylinder only regular fuel.

Acura TSX second generation 08 upwards
4 cylinder premium recommended not required

6 cylinder premium fuel required solution is to use octane booster.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olaboyeh(m): 10:23pm On Feb 17, 2020
nurey:

Hyundai Elantra

reasons

1. More recent in your list

2. if it was bought brand-new then you are in luck as it would have the least mileage of the cars, you are certain it isn't accidented, flooded, rusted or salvage vehicle. It would also have less wear and tear in internal parts you will just focus on leg work and not always faulty. The car would have been treated with great care in 1st 4years if you are more lucky it is personally owned not company owned then the owner too would continue the Care after warranty elapses.

3. The engine is the most affordable of the lineup, while the 2az of the Camry is the most expensive, though if you buy the V6 Camry with 1mz that Engine too is cheap probably cheaper than the alpha and gamma Engine of the Hyundai.

4. Elantra is not a robber magnet, custom magnet or police magnet, it blends well in the background.

5. In terms of original OEM parts the Hyundai is fair compared to Toyota.

factoring it will be driven for uber occasionally when off work or free time, will elantra still do the jon sir

: nurey
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:29pm On Feb 17, 2020
olaboyeh:

factoring it will be driven for uber occasionally when off work or free time, will elantra still do the jon sir

:

YES
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 2:09am On Feb 19, 2020
mrbock:

The car is nice sha

Thanks

but i was reading its needs premium fuel etc

hope maintenance no go wound person ?

Tucode:
Bottle of fuel cleaner once a month and you'll be fine. My RDX requires premium too

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thebigkendo(m): 7:49am On Feb 19, 2020
radautoworks:

Bottle of fuel cleaner once a month and you'll be fine. My RDX requires premium too

Talking about your RDX.. You did not finish the story oh angry angry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2020
thebigkendo:

Talking about your RDX.. You did not finish the story oh angry angry

I'm not in town.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by guruvick(m): 12:49am On Feb 21, 2020
Gurus in the house, I wish to appreciate all of you for the immense contribution made to this thread so far.

Please I need to get a 'knock about' car that I plan on using for bolt(car hailing)

I am looking at Toyota Corolla from (2001-2006)

Which is better in terms of
Performance
Cost of maintenance
Reliability
Longevity
Driving Experience
And amount I can purchase it with.

Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:54am On Feb 21, 2020
guruvick:
Gurus in the house, I wish to appreciate all of you for the immense contribution made to this thread so far.

Please I need to get a 'knock about' car that I plan on using for bolt(car hailing)

I am looking at Toyota Corolla from (2001-2006)

Which is better in terms of
Performance
Cost of maintenance
Reliability
Longevity
Driving Experience
And amount I can purchase it with.

Thank you

Corolla 03 to 07 is better than 01 to 02. 03 to 07 have identical everything except minor additions which doesn't change the appearance or fuel economy of that model year as long as they are made from same continent. Also if it's the same Engine specs in both.

A good Corolla 03 naija used start at 1M ones in good condition both interior and exterior.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by guruvick(m): 7:48am On Feb 21, 2020
nurey:

Corolla 03 to 07 is better than 01 to 02. 03 to 07 have identical everything except minor additions which doesn't change the appearance or fuel economy of that model year as long as they are made from same continent. Also if it's the same Engine specs in both.

A good Corolla 03 naija used start at 1M ones in good condition both interior and exterior.

Good morning Sir..
Thank you for your swift response.

I will have my eyes on 03 and earlier!
I want to get the direct foreign use, how much should I be looking at? And this will be my first car purchase, what else should I be looking at for?

Can I have your person contact please
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:36am On Feb 21, 2020
guruvick:

Good morning Sir..
Thank you for your swift response.

I will have my eyes on 03 and earlier!
I want to get the direct foreign use, how much should I be looking at? And this will be my first car purchase, what else should I be looking at for?

Can I have your person contact please

Edit your signature that way you will see my contact in my own signature. As for the price the 03 for North America the popular one on our road starts around 1.5m
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Jiouras(m): 3:09am On Feb 23, 2020
Good day car gurus, I’m having a problem choosing a car to upgrade to

I’ve been using a 2005 corolla sport for about a year now and I’m considering upgrading my car to either Lexus is250 2008 model or Toyota Corolla sport 2012. The only problem I’m having is if the Lexus is good and economical for Nigerian roads

PS: I travel a lot and I’ve never had any major issues with my 05 corolla... Hoping which will serve better between the 2012 corolla and 2008 is250

I need enlightenment please
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by incogni2o: 2:35pm On Feb 23, 2020
Pls i need a quick advice.

I have a max of 2.4m

Should i get a Naija used Lexus es350 or a tokunbo es330.

PS.

I like es330 but the shape new and even when it gets old I dont really like.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
incogni2o:

I have a max of 2.4m

PS.

You should get a toks Acura TSX.

1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ClickSis: 7:17pm On Feb 23, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I'll suggest he gets the first generation TSX (preferably 07 or 08). Parts for second generation (picture in your advice) are still scarce thereby expensive.

Whichever gen he eventually settles for, he can't make a mistake
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 8:15pm On Feb 23, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Hmm, tough call but the tsx requires premium while the lexus runs on regular otherwise they are almost identical in everything else.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2020
foolbuster:

Hmm, tough call but the tsx requires premium while the lexus runs on regular otherwise they are almost identical in everything else.

The Lexus Lao run on premium Gasoline.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
seanfer:

The Lexus Lao run on premium Gasoline.

Am talking about the same generation of that tsx in the pic that is 07 - 12
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by incogni2o: 9:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Is this princewill?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 24, 2020
Please i need a comparison of C300 2015 and CLA250 2016 in terms of the usuals- performance, comfort, luxury,better suited to Nigerian road. etc.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:12am On Feb 24, 2020
LastGee:
Please i need a comparison of C300 2015 and CLA250 2016 in terms of the usuals- performance, comfort, luxury,better suited to Nigerian road. etc.

The first-gen CLA is trash. It's no Mercedes Benz. C300 is better, by far.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mobolaji234: 3:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
Please guys I need help choosing between a Benz c180 and camry 04-05 (big daddy) 2.5l engine.
In terms of ruggedity, fuel economy and less visitation to mechanic workshop

Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
Good evening sirs
About to buy my first car now (Glory be to God) but I’m confused because I’m not too automobile savvy. If na phone now nobody fit sell me but when it’s cars then I’m a dummy. I have a budget of 2m and I’m offered two options, A 2010 Camry , a 2008 is250 and a 2008/2009 C300 all in the same price range so I’m confused. What I’m looking for is speed for long travels because I travel frequently, durability and fuel economy (though not really a paramount concern) and availability and price of parts. Please help your boy out.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 12:30am On Feb 27, 2020
OJLion:
Good evening sirs
About to buy my first car now (Glory be to God) but I’m confused because I’m not too automobile savvy. If na phone now nobody fit sell me but when it’s cars then I’m a dummy. I have a budget of 2m and I’m offered two options, A 2010 Camry , a 2008 is250 and a 2008/2009 C300 all in the same price range so I’m confused. What I’m looking for is speed for long travels because I travel frequently, durability and fuel economy (though not really a paramount concern) and availability and price of parts. Please help your boy out.

Camry

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:10am On Feb 27, 2020
mobolaji234:
Please guys I need help choosing between a Benz c180 and camry 04-05 (big daddy) 2.5l engine.

Thank you

The camry is a 2.4L engine, your major issue is the oil burn the engine is known for, has a solution though or may not occur.

The C180 is it w202 or w203 generation because some are actually 2.3L engine. A very good engine and superb fuel economy but slow in acceleration. A very good vehicle as the camry none the less
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ivoryhouse(m): 4:37am On Feb 27, 2020
2010 Camry

OJLion:
Good evening sirs

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ivoryhouse(m): 4:38am On Feb 27, 2020
mobolaji234:

Thank you
I'd go with the Benz
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ivoryhouse(m): 4:41am On Feb 27, 2020
Go with the Niger used es350.just make sure you check that it doesn't have engine and transmission issues, and get as much service history as possible

incogni2o:

I have a max of 2.4m

PS.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ivoryhouse(m): 4:43am On Feb 27, 2020
Is250 is a better car and fuel economy isn't bad. Get the v6.

Jiouras:
Good day car gurus, I’m having a problem choosing a car to upgrade to

I’ve been using a 2005 corolla sport for about a year now and I’m considering upgrading my car to either Lexus is250 2008 model or Toyota Corolla sport 2012. The only problem I’m having is if the Lexus is good and economical for Nigerian roads

PS: I travel a lot and I’ve never had any major issues with my 05 corolla... Hoping which will serve better between the 2012 corolla and 2008 is250

I need enlightenment please
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 7:33am On Feb 27, 2020
ivoryhouse:
Is250 is a better car and fuel economy isn't bad. Get the v6.

IS250 comes only in V6 2.5 litre engine.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 7:37am On Feb 27, 2020
I see some novices trying to give advice here...
Let's see how that goes.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:22am On Feb 27, 2020
OJLion:
Good evening sirs

2010 Camry four-cylinder.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.