Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444403 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DivyaRose: 2:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
Oga Nurey, pls help compare Honda Civic 2008 trims EX and DX-G.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:57pm On Feb 28, 2020
DivyaRose:
Oga Nurey, pls help compare Honda Civic 2008 trims EX and DX-G.

They are same thing accessories available in each is. Different.

EX. Is luxury while DX is basic in accessories

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DivyaRose: 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2020
nurey:

They are same thing accessories available in each is. Different.

EX. Is luxury while DX is basic in accessories

Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 01, 2020
I always wonder why Toyota venza was discontinued because of poor sales..

My personal opinion : that car have better shape than lexus RX.. Infact i love both the interior and exterior than the RX(the crossover kinda look ugly to me)

I even know a woman that had both Lexus RX and venza, she preferred the venza, and adore it..

Why the discontinuation of that beautiful crossover..

Cc: nurey, heavenlybang
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:07pm On Mar 01, 2020
aro1:

My personal opinion : that car have better shape than lexus RX.. Infact i love both the interior and exterior than the RX(the crossover kinda look ugly to me)

I even know a woman that had both Lexus RX and venza, she preferred the venza, and adore it..

Toyota can later resurrect it once they find the right market to push it to alot of auto makers hack models not doing well to later on offer it at the right time.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 6:33pm On Mar 01, 2020
aro1:

It had no origin no history nothing to go for it. It's quality was bleh. That said, it's being reintroduced come 2022 although in hybrid form.

Lexus RX on the other hand has pedigree, history, was and is still ground breaking, is a better quality build fit and finish.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
aro1:

Uninspired sales, too niche at the time. Do you think it's a coincidence that the Crosstour and ZDX were also discontinued, around the same time?

Toyota shrank the Highlander a bit, making the Venza redundant too. Plus the Highlander badge has more cachet. There's just no place for the Venza.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 11:21am On Mar 02, 2020
Need advice 05 Pontiac vibe or 08 Honda Civic both 125k miles approximate. Need something that is easy to maintain, no frequent visit to mechanic etc
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 8:33pm On Mar 02, 2020
dicksonadams:
Need advice 05 Pontiac vibe or 08 Honda Civic both 125k miles approximate. Need something that is easy to maintain, no frequent visit to mechanic etc

Thought you were using Pontiac before. I will advise you go for Pontiac because of ground clearance
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Adeoyem: 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2020
OP, thanks for this opportunity. Well done sir.

Compare 2008/09camry.s 2008 benz c300 (both naija used)

Price
Fuel economy
Luxury
Safety
Parts availability
Maintenance
Effieciency
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Adeoyem: 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2020
OP, thanks alot for the opportunity. Well done sir.

Compare camry 2008/09 vs benz c300 (both naija used)

Indices:
Price
Fuel economy
Luxury
Safety
Parts availability
Maintenance
Efficiency
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by frypuffpuff(m): 9:42pm On Mar 02, 2020
Nurey and other car gurus. I kindly need your unbiased opinion on the;

2011 Toyota Matrix S Vs 2011 Toyota Camry SE I4

1) For interstate trips (Lagos-PH, Lagos-Ado, Lagos-Abuja, Lagos-Calabar)

2) Comfort

4) Ride Quality

5) Major Recalls

6) Overall Look

7) Premium Packages

cool Not A Robber/SARS/POLICE Magnet

9) Best Bet for a First Timer car buyer

10) Stylish Look Overall

11) Reliability
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Adeoyem: 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2020
weyreypey:

Trash is comparing a shytebox like Corolla to the S550 MB

Compare 2008 camry vs benz c300 (both naija used)

Indices:
Price
Fuel economy
Luxury
Safety
Parts availability
Maintenance
Effieciency

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:33am On Mar 03, 2020
Adeoyem:
OP, thanks alot for the opportunity. Well done sir.

Compare camry 2008/09 vs benz c300 (both naija used)

Indices:
camry is a midsized car while the C is a compact executive car. The camry has 2.4L I4 and 3.5 V6 while the C is a 3.0 V6

Price
C more expensive than camry in purchase price but camry has a good resale value

Fuel economy
camry I4 better than C300 better than camry V6

Luxury
C300 beats all the camry hands down

Safety
both are safe enough but C300 for additional safety accessories

Parts availability
both are readily but camry parts Trump in availability all over index

Maintenance
camry is less expensive in maintenance.

Efficiency
camry would reduce your troubles in terms of. Technician, spare parts, breakdown interval.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:38am On Mar 03, 2020
frypuffpuff:
Nurey and other car gurus. I kindly need your unbiased opinion on the;

2011 Toyota Matrix S Vs 2011 Toyota Camry SE I4

1) For interstate trips (Lagos-PH, Lagos-Ado, Lagos-Abuja, Lagos-Calabar)

2) Comfort

4) Ride Quality

5) Major Recalls

6) Overall Look

7) Premium Packages

cool Not A Robber/SARS/POLICE Magnet

9) Best Bet for a First Timer car buyer

10) Stylish Look Overall

11) Reliability

The camry is a robber magnet compared to matrix. Camry is also bigger and popular, you may get flagged down often if you are young in a camry and for interstate to check if the vehicle is stolen.

I would only pick the matrix if I like sports car because the engine in the S is 2.4L
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by frypuffpuff(m): 7:21am On Mar 03, 2020
nurey:

The camry is a robber magnet compared to matrix. Camry is also bigger and popular, you may get flagged down often if you are young in a camry and for interstate to check if the vehicle is stolen.

I would only pick the matrix if I like sports car because the engine in the S is 2.4L

Thank you. I'd also need more detailed review on the matrix, as I have seen enough review on camrys. Detailed review on 2009-2013 Toyota Matrix. Thanks boss.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:51am On Mar 03, 2020
frypuffpuff:

Thank you. I'd also need more detailed review on the matrix, as I have seen enough review on camrys. Detailed review on 2009-2013 Toyota Matrix. Thanks boss.

The matrix is a reliable vehicle though the 09 upwards isn't as fuel efficient as the corolla. But has better fuel efficiency than the 2.5L camry.

Reliable and parts available since the parts is identical to corolla.

The choice between the two is basically yours both vehicles are reliable what is left is whether you want a Sedan or an hatch back.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:42pm On Mar 04, 2020
nurey:

He is fine, at least he dey hammer us Wella with WhatsApp status, he just wanna take a break from NL brouhaha

Periodic sabbatical.....
grin

I think this is the second time right?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:44pm On Mar 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Ah, yes. Was meaning to ask about him on the Benz thread. His last seen is on Jan 2nd, hope he's fine?

Where's obekediamondfuto sef?

BRO, I'm back jare....
I'm done with the housekeeping.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 3:26pm On Mar 04, 2020
aro1:

yes, even the FJ cruiser. you'll think those cars are doing very well for the company.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by egesie(m): 7:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2020
egesie:
Help me compare a '07 Mercedes Benz W203 C230 Compressor and a '07 Honda Accord V6 EX-L in terms of reliability, comfort n smoothness.

Jejely buy a C320 rather than the kompressor C320.

The 07 V6 Accord gear get as he be, only for the faint hearted
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:32pm On Mar 04, 2020
nurey:

The 07 C230 is not a Kompressor engine. It's the M272 V6. Same engine on the W204 C300 and C350, just lower displacement.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oshosegun27(m): 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2020
Heavenlybang, I would like to know if the VQ35DE engine will fit in a 2007 Infiniti G35 without having to fabricate stuff.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
oshosegun27:
Heavenlybang, I would like to know if the VQ35DE engine will fit in a 2007 Infiniti G35 without having to fabricate stuff.

Why on earth would you want to put a much worse engine in that car?

If you mean whether the DE will fit inside the engine bay, I really don't know, lmao. My engine bay is suuuuuper cramped already. If the DE is even a bit bigger, it won't fit. If it does fit in, good luck trying to work with Nissan electronics and accessories.

Just go buy a HR engine. They're about 400k, which is a ridiculously good price. 2GR-FSE with similar specs is over 1m.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by egesie(m): 11:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
nurey:

Would a C350 be better? And what are the points to note?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:01am On Mar 05, 2020
egesie:
Would a C350 be better? And what are the points to note?
Yes a C350 is very good powerful and reliable engine
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by egesie(m): 3:55pm On Mar 05, 2020
nurey:

Yes a C350 is very good powerful and reliable engine
Please what's the recommended engine oil and ATF?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:28pm On Mar 05, 2020
egesie:

Please what's the recommended engine oil and ATF?

5w30 synthetic oil should do your engine good

MBZATF 236.14 transmission fluid I believe the C350 uses a 7speed instead of 5 speed. But post your query in the Benz thread so close alternative can be given

https://www.nairaland.com/520025/mercedes-benz-thread

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by egesie(m): 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2020
nurey:

5w30 synthetic oil should do your engine good

MBZATF 236.14 transmission fluid I believe the C350 uses a 7speed instead of 5 speed. But post your query in the Benz thread so close alternative can be given

https://www.nairaland.com/520025/mercedes-benz-thread
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kolagbemi(m): 3:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
Gentlemen, Thank you for the wonderful help and analysis here.

I need your help.

This is my first car and with a salary of less than 150k.

I am in need of a car with Durability to withstand 5hours of Uber/Bolt at my off duty in Abuja.

I approached a dealer friend to help me get a Tokunbo corolla 06-07 but he's advising me to rather go for a Camry 07-09 that the price difference is less than 200k and that the Camry is more suitable and command more respect.

He's saying Landing cost is 1.6m for corrolla and 1.8m for the Camry but my budget initially is bellow 1.5m. Assuming i am ready to spend 1.8m please do you advise i put such money to buy the Camry, which other car will you advice me to get. I love Lexus especially the E350 but I doubt if the car can withstand using it for Uber. Please i will appreciate suggestions putting in mind

Price
Maintenance
Economy
Durability
and comfort - it will also serve as my private car for me and my wife.

Please urgent before i go enter trouble.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2020
kolagbemi:
Gentlemen, Thank you for the wonderful help and analysis here.

I need your help.

This is my first car and with a salary of less than 150k.

I am in need of a car with Durability to withstand 5hours of Uber/Bolt at my off duty in Abuja.

I approached a dealer friend to help me get a Tokunbo corolla 06-07 but he's advising me to rather go for a Camry 07-09 that the price difference is less than 200k and that the Camry is more suitable and command more respect.

He's saying Landing cost is 1.6m for corrolla and 1.8m for the Camry but my budget initially is bellow 1.5m. Assuming i am ready to spend 1.8m please do you advise i put such money to buy the Camry, which other car will you advice me to get. I love Lexus especially the E350 but I doubt if the car can withstand using it for Uber. Please i will appreciate suggestions putting in mind

Price
Maintenance
Economy
Durability
and comfort - it will also serve as my private car for me and my wife.

Please urgent before i go enter trouble.

Get the Corolla, since you want to use it commercially.

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.