Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,349 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446813 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mrbock: 7:52am On Feb 14, 2020
Radautoworks, nurey, heavenlybang
My friend is confused betweeb the is250 07 and the Acura TSX 09
which is the better. i have the is so I'm a bit biased
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:40am On Feb 14, 2020
mrbock:

TSX all day.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:39pm On Feb 14, 2020
mrbock:
IS = CSX and ILX
ES = TSX and TL
GS = RL
so the IS is would get thrashed by TSX even ILX would kill the Lexus IS grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2020
nurey:

IS = CSX and ILX

ES = TSX and TL

GS = RL

For your mind. Make e kill the IS-F make we say look na

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:10pm On Feb 14, 2020
KINGreignn:

The IS Acura kills doesn't have the F, that's what the NSX eats for lunch grin

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 1:24pm On Feb 14, 2020
nurey:

The IS Acura kills doesn't have the F, that's what the NSX eats for lunch grin

And the NSX is what the LF-A sh*ts on top.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by FrancisAdl(m): 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2020
Hello house!

Sorry for derailing the purpose of this thread. Please how much would it cost to repair the attached front section of the vehicle.

It's a 2005 Camry XLE V6

No airbags were deployed

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2020
nurey:

IS = CSX and ILX

ES = TSX and TL

GS = RL

The ILX is trash, though.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by FrancisAdl(m): 1:41pm On Feb 14, 2020
KINGreignn:

No need for F, my IS350 would do the job cool

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:07pm On Feb 14, 2020
KINGreignn:

How? NSX has better torque, better 0-62mph, higher Top speed, better quarter mile, cool design, updated mechanical parts.

After lunch, the LF-A would be dessert grin

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 2:25pm On Feb 14, 2020
mrbock:

What they said
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 2:43pm On Feb 14, 2020
nurey:

How? NSX has better torque, better 0-62mph, higher Top speed, better quarter mile, cool design, updated mechanical parts.

Keep deceiving yourself with those lying numbers.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2020
KINGreignn:

Keep deceiving yourself with those lying numbers.

kingreignn kingreignn defender of Lexus universe grin , don't be annoyed, you win some you loose some take it as fate.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Themandalorian: 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2020
KINGreignn:

The LFA can not beat the NSX.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2020
Themandalorian:

The LFA can not beat the NSX.
It can and has o. tongue
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2020
nurey:

kingreignn kingreignn defender of Lexus universe grin , don't be annoyed, you win some you loose some take it as fate.

We win all tongue
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2020
KINGreignn:

It can and has o. tongue

It cannot, lol. It loses to both the LFA and NSX.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

It cannot, lol. It loses to both the LFA and NSX.
What cannot can finally can! Lol grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2020
FrancisAdl:
Hello house!

Sorry for derailing the purpose of this thread. Please how much would it cost to repair the attached front section of the vehicle.

It's a 2005 Camry XLE V6

No airbags were deployed
No open bonnet pictures?
Depending on location and source of parts,
Bonnet, around 35-45k
Bumper 25-35k
Grille 15-20k
Headlamps 45-65k
Fog lamps 10-20k
Do the maths.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Themandalorian: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2020
nurey:

But the LFA has the best sounding engine of any sport car and its very rare too. I'd take the LFA over it.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2020
FrancisAdl:
Hello house!

It's a 2005 Camry XLE V6

No airbags were deployed

If you are lucky the bonnet can be worked on, go to ladipo to make enquiries on prices of others. Good luck. By the way I once bought an Honda Civic 2008 with almost same condition, think I spent 35k in all for the parts...

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2020
Themandalorian:

But the LFA has the best sounding engine of any sport car and its very rare too. I'd take the LFA over it.

Have you heard the adage "Ariwo koni Music" grin do they now give award for noise making on the track? nah question ooo

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mrbock: 6:40pm On Feb 14, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

TSX all day.

The car is nice sha

Thanks

but i was reading its needs premium fuel etc

hope maintenance no go wound person ?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Themandalorian: 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2020
nurey:

Have you heard the adage "Ariwo koni Music" grin do they now give award for noise making on the track? nah question ooo
grin grin grin true true ariwo kor ni music but I no dey run go anywhere. My choice is the LFA.
And please its not noise making but orgasmic sounds cool
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:47pm On Feb 14, 2020
Themandalorian:

grin grin grin true true ariwo kor ni music but I no dey run go anywhere. My choice is the LFA.
And please its not noise making but orgasmic sounds cool

If you like call it soothing sound, you can even add pepper and thyme and name it Rythmn if it doesn't win Trophy nah "Ariwo"
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:53pm On Feb 14, 2020
mrbock:

The car is nice sha

Thanks

but i was reading its needs premium fuel etc

hope maintenance no go wound person ?

The 09 TSX only uses a 2.4L i4. That's the same engine on the Accord, so probably no, it doesn't need premium. It makes 24 HP more on the TSX, though.

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-generation-tsx-discussion-2009-2014-143/4cyl-tsx-regular-vs-premium-fuel-763442/
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Codyella: 11:51am On Feb 15, 2020
Please I need information on pontiac torrent. Are the parts readily available in Nigeria? Does it have serious issues? Please help.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2020
Codyella:
Please I need information on pontiac torrent. Are the parts readily available in Nigeria? Does it have serious issues? Please help.

It is an American car made by GM related to Suzuki XL7.

Engine and parts maybe hard to find in open market but you can always import or utilize American dealership in Nigeria.

You won't have much problems in the drivability aspects good engines and solid drive train. You can still get some mechanical parts because a lot of vehicle models used the engine it is fitted in.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Codyella: 12:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
nurey:

It is an American car made by GM related to Suzuki XL7.

Engine and parts maybe hard to find in open market but you can always import or utilize American dealership in Nigeria.

You won't have much problems in the drivability aspects good engines and solid drive train. You can still get some mechanical parts because a lot of vehicle models used the engine it is fitted in.

Thank you so much Nurey. Its a green light then.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by princevih(m): 8:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
Gud day house, u guys had adviced me to buy golf3 for my intended cab bizz, so today I went to some car stand to check their golfs with a friend and a mechanic. On getting to a particular stand we saw a 1999 corolla looking very neat and clean, so I asked my paddy he said corolla is fuel economical and cheap to maintain, asked mecho he said golf is cheaper to maintain and stronger for cab bizz, so local man became confused undecided Prices for both toks are in the same level, pls house which one is better 99 corolla or golf 3. In terms of cost of maintenance, fuel economy and durability. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 15, 2020
princevih:
Gud day house, u guys had adviced me to buy golf3 for my intended cab bizz, so today I went to some car stand to check their golfs with a friend and a mechanic. On getting to a particular stand we saw a 1999 corolla looking very neat and clean, so I asked my paddy he said corolla is fuel economical and cheap to maintain, asked mecho he said golf is cheaper to maintain and stronger for cab bizz, so local man became confused undecided Prices for both toks are in the same level, pls house which one is better 99 corolla or golf 3. In terms of cost of maintenance, fuel economy and durability. Thanks

VW Golf 3.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by forlahkhe: 11:49pm On Feb 15, 2020
I want my car(Toyota corolla 2005CE) to be a bit higher above d ground such dt d silencer will not b hiting d ground all d time. Someone said I should change the car rim and tyres to 16 from 15,another person said I shd just change my tyre from 185 to 205 and still be using the 15R. PLS WHICH OPTION IS BETTER

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.