Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (447106 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by moyoz(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
KINGreignn:

You can't be admiring a 2 big V6 luxury sedans and be talking about gas mileage. Choose your poison and enjoy the aftermath bro.

Thanks for ur response bro. But I'm using 3.3 v already I just want to upgrade to 3.5v that's why I'm considering ES 350 or GS 350. I'll happy it u can enlighten me on the 2 cars mentioned
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:57pm On Apr 09, 2020
moyoz:

Thanks bro. But why do you go for ES 350, I want to know better that's why I'm asking

The GS350 requires premium, the ES350 doesn't.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Fentanyl: 4:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
moyoz:

Thanks for ur response bro. But I'm using 3.3 v already I just want to upgrade to 3.5v that's why I'm considering ES 350 or GS 350. I'll happy it u can enlighten me on the 2 cars mentioned

[s]
HeavenlyBang:

The GS350 requires premium, the ES350 doesn't.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Megir: 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
KINGreignn:

Buy the Lexus it's far better than the highlander in build quality I'm talking from experience owning both the Lexus RX330 and the highlander

I'm offering my own personally used Lexus RX330 for sale you can check it out If it's okay by you.

https://www.nairaland.com/5755222/fairly-used-lexus-rx330-2005
I’m terms of fuel efficiency, can this car be used for Uber ?
Also 2008 RAV and RX both with V6 engine, which do you think will offer more fuel economy.
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 7:34pm On Apr 10, 2020
Megir:

I’m terms of fuel efficiency, can this car be used for Uber ?
Also 2008 RAV and RX both with V6 engine, which do you think will offer more fuel economy.
Thanks
Leave SUVs for personal uses or lease. Avoid using them for uber ehailing.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
Guru in the house what are your opinions on using Toyota prious for Uber... Got a deal on copart with 67k miles

Ruggedness and practicality
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2020
Honda Accord 07 vs Camry 06..pls I need advice. Both Nigeria used.

In terms of fuel economy, ruggedness, availability of part and resale value.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by obaile: 12:38am On Apr 11, 2020
Hello all,
Please, I need your advice on Honda CR-V 2004, 2.4L engine and 4 cylinders (Nigerian used)
Please, how durable and rugged is it? What about it's fuel consumption?
I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 1:31am On Apr 11, 2020
obaile:
Hello all,
Please, I need your advice on Honda CR-V 2004, 2.4L engine and 4 cylinders (Nigerian used)
Please, how durable and rugged is it? What about it's fuel consumption?
I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

As toks good... As naija used not advisable
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by davelon(m): 5:44am On Apr 11, 2020
Hello pples
Am confused weather to go for a Honda accord 2011 or a Toyota Camry 2011.kindly advise which to choose, considering am a family man n the road to my crip and place of work is not good. Both engines r i4 and am getting foreign used one.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dru23(m): 5:45am On Apr 11, 2020
dicksonadams:
Guru in the house what are your opinions on using Toyota prious for Uber... Got a deal on copart with 67k miles

Ruggedness and practicality

Prius is used very well in yankee for uber.. Seems very rugged and fuel efficient ..

Most Nigerians can not maintain normal cars.. And with hybrid cars, you can not joke with maintenance when it comes to oil change and coolant , you cant treat the car like a normal car maintenance. You cant say I just manage like this or that ...

Once the engine starts giving issues ,forget the car it is the beginning and ending of the car.. And most importantly very few mechanics can fix hybrid, and the few that can fix it you will be at their mercy at most times .. I dont want to be at anybodys mercy at all especially when am paying you to do your job ...

My advice don't get it... especially if you buying from coparts .. You taking a big risk and you don't know what is really wrong with the car.. Hybrid cars are usually very cheap at the auction.. Most people avoid it
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dru23(m): 5:49am On Apr 11, 2020
davelon:
Hello pples
Am confused weather to go for a Honda accord 2011 or a Toyota Camry 2011.kindly advise which to choose, considering am a family man n the road to my crip and place of work is not good. Both engines r i4 and am getting foreign used one.

I will go for the camry ,a bit more rugged than Honda and bigger space than the Honda. And you can easily sell it when you are tired of the car than the Honda.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dru23(m): 5:51am On Apr 11, 2020
Mosesm:
Honda Accord 07 vs Camry 06..pls I need advice. Both Nigeria used.

In terms of fuel economy, ruggedness, availability of part and resale value.

It's no brainer , camry all the way
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 7:39am On Apr 11, 2020
dru23:

Prius is used very well in yankee for uber.. Seems very rugged and fuel efficient ..

Most Nigerians can not maintain normal cars.. And with hybrid cars, you can not joke with maintenance when it comes to oil change and coolant , you cant treat the car like a normal car maintenance. You cant say I just manage like this or that ...

Once the engine starts giving issues ,forget the car it is the beginning and ending of the car.. And most importantly very few mechanics can fix hybrid, and the few that can fix it you will be at their mercy at most times .. I dont want to be at anybodys mercy at all especially when am paying you to do your job ...

My advice don't get it... especially if you buying from coparts .. You taking a big risk and you don't know what is really wrong with the car.. Hybrid cars are usually very cheap at the auction.. Most people avoid it

Thanks paddy me
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by fizcoo20(m): 5:44pm On Apr 11, 2020
dru23:

Which auction site his better than coparts.
Thanks in anticipation..
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
fizcoo20:

Thanks in anticipation..

Iaa.
Manheim.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by fizcoo20(m): 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Iaa. Manheim.
Thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by fizcoo20(m): 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Iaa. Manheim.
Thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DOZTECH: 6:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
Auto gurus please criticize Mercedes Benz ml350 2006-2011.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dru23(m): 8:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
fizcoo20:

Thanks in anticipation..

My point is that when u are buying a car at an auction. You taking a big risk, it is a 50/50 chance u taking.. But me personally I rather buy cars from private sellers.. At least I know what am buying..... 90% of cars I buy are from private sellers...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by fizcoo20(m): 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
dru23:

My point is that when u are buying a car at an auction. You taking a big risk, it is a 50/50 chance u taking.. But me personally I rather buy cars from private sellers.. At least I know what am buying..... 90% of cars I buy are from private sellers...

Kk, how can person get d private sellers. Online or wey.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dru23(m): 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
fizcoo20:

Kk, how can person get d private sellers. Online or wey.
Thanks in anticipation.

Am based in the USA , so I have that advantage, but others will have to depend on online auction
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kaybaba5(m): 10:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
I want to get camry 2001 drop lite
Should i go for v6 or v4
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by awele186: 10:57am On Apr 12, 2020
Hello, please a quick one, Camry 2012 SE and lexus es350 2010 which would you pay for? Can you compare please
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 11:05am On Apr 12, 2020
awele186:
Hello, please a quick one, Camry 2012 SE and lexus es350 2010 which would you pay for? Can you compare please

ES350 2010 beats the Camry in all aspects.
The Lexus is a luxury car.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by awele186: 11:21am On Apr 12, 2020
Thanks much. So even as the es350 is 2 years younger it still beats the 2012 camry

The Lexus is a luxury car. [/quote]
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 1:01pm On Apr 12, 2020
awele186:
Thanks much. So even as the es350 is 2 years younger it still beats the 2012 camry

The Lexus is a luxury car.

The 2010 E350 is better than the 2012 Camry may be a newer Car but the finishing of the 2010 ES350 is top notch.
let me call the Gurus to come explain better

Cc: Heavenlybang
Nurey
Kingreinn

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kaybaba5(m): 1:17pm On Apr 12, 2020
Kaybaba5:
Should i go for v6 or v4
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 1:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
Kaybaba5:
Should i go for v6 or v4

i4 for better fuel economy

V6 for better performance (speed and power)

The choice is yours
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 1:45pm On Apr 12, 2020
awele186:

I have a very sharp 2013 Camry LE Tokumbo with fully paid duty. If you're interested in it, do holla me

https://www.nairaland.com/5778551/2013-toyota-camry-le-foreign
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by awele186: 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2020
Okay, any other opinion please

I have a very sharp 2013 Camry LE Tokumbo with fully paid duty. If you're interested in it, do holla me

https://www.nairaland.com/5778551/2013-toyota-camry-le-foreign[/quote]
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by fizcoo20(m): 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
dru23:

Am based in the USA , so I have that advantage, but others will have to depend on online auction

Kk.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.