Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,171 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444418 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by xrayj(m): 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2020
nurey:

But the camry is certainly more expensive than the 08 ES. Though out of the box the ES possibly has more luxurious feel.

Camry has 4 cylinder the ES doesn't so expect better mpg from the 4 cylinder camry. In terms of cost of parts the ES has lower price for parts since it is shared with the XV40 07-12 camry.
Thanks sir
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2020
xrayj:

Thanks for ur reply
But does the 2013 Camry come with V6?

Yes. Choose between a four cylinder and 6 cylinder.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2020
xrayj:
Guys pls compare between 2013 Camry & Lexus ES 350 08. cc kingreignn nurey heavenlybang & others

That 2013 pile of cheap plastic crappy Camry. The navigation screen real estate is more smaller and still poor resolution. Toyota needs to be flogged for that rubbish they concocted and named Camry. I'd choose a 2003-2005 over that mixture of tin can and plastic contraption.

Tufiakwa!

Better get a lexus, but make it a 2009-2011 model.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by xrayj(m): 2:42pm On Mar 26, 2020
KINGreignn:

That 2013 pile of cheap plastic crappy Camry. The navigation screen real estate is more smaller and still poor resolution. Toyota needs to be flogged for that rubbish they concocted and named Camry. I'd choose a 2003-2005 over that mixture of tin can and plastic contraption.

Tufiakwa!

Better get a lexus, but make it a 2009-2011 model.
Haaaaa!!!
Bros why u hate 2013 Camry like this! Lol
The car fine na
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 2:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
xrayj:

Haaaaa!!!
Bros why u hate 2013 Camry like this! Lol
The car fine na

You don siddon inside one before and siddon inside 2007-2011 model before? You need to see the obvious cost cutting measures adopted by Toyota in making that thing.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2020
victor175:

Okay, going for glk then. Thank you

Check Edmunds for review of both. Not all X6 are bad, year of manufacture matters too same for the GLK. You need to do your research cos most advice you get from here isn't from people that own the cars. For example, not all X5 are bad but people should avoid 2012 X5 cos of some known issues.

I only have reservations about having either as a first car.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2020
Saw a Lamborghini Urus and Bentley Bentayga in my area yesterday kiss . Those beasts go cost like how much in Naira make I de save 5k till e complete cool
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Themandalorian: 10:47pm On Mar 26, 2020
xrayj:
Guys pls compare between 2013 Camry & Lexus ES 350 08. cc kingreignn nurey heavenlybang & others
The ES 350 please. Toyota no try for that 2013 Camry at all.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by awele186: 11:17pm On Mar 26, 2020
Felt since the 2013 camry is newer, it would have more tech and features than the 2010 es350

You don siddon inside one before and siddon inside 2007-2011 model before? You need to see the obvious cost cutting measures adopted by Toyota in making that thing. [/quote]
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by victor175(m): 5:02am On Mar 27, 2020
drakeskull:

Check Edmunds for review of both. Not all X6 are bad, year of manufacture matters too same for the GLK. You need to do your research cos most advice you get from here isn't from people that own the cars. For example, not all X5 are bad but people should avoid 2012 X5 cos of some known issues.

I only have reservations about having either as a first car.

Thanks. Considering 2009 glk. Why do you have reservations about having as a first car?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 11:32pm On Mar 27, 2020
Is this recommended for es350 also?

radautoworks:

Bottle of fuel cleaner once a month and you'll be fine. My RDX requires premium too
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ibbkiddsx: 12:02am On Mar 28, 2020
Hello gurus
Please I will like to compare these 3 SUVs
Honda pilot 09, Mazda CX-7 09, Mazda Cx-9 09 and do they have second hand value
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 2:18am On Mar 28, 2020
lexini:
Is this recommended for es350 also?

Works for any car that requires premium
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:53am On Mar 28, 2020
radautoworks:

Is it an octane booster? What's pricing like?
What are your thoughts on Acura's SH-AWD? Problematic?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 10:49am On Mar 28, 2020
Ok. Thanks Radautoworks

Which brand do u recommend?

radautoworks:

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:51am On Mar 28, 2020
ibbkiddsx:
Hello gurus
Please I will like to compare these 3 SUVs
Honda pilot 09, Mazda CX-7 09, Mazda Cx-9 09 and do they have second hand value

I would pick the Pilot here and if I want it in luxury I would buy the touring edition.

The Mazda CX-7 I won't advise because I have seen 2 units with Toyota engine then something about that engine makes other cars fitted with it unreliable talking about Mazda 6 and Mazda 5 MPV or so

The Mazda Cx-9 is a Ford Edge so most parts for the Ford would work but be weary of the water pump of the engine it can fail prematurely.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ibbkiddsx: 11:43am On Mar 28, 2020
nurey:

I would pick the Pilot here and if I want it in luxury I would buy the touring edition.

The Mazda CX-7 I won't advise because I have seen 2 units with Toyota engine then something about that engine makes other cars fitted with it unreliable talking about Mazda 6 and Mazda 5 MPV or so

The Mazda Cx-9 is a Ford Edge so most parts for the Ford would work but be weary of the water pump of the engine it can fail prematurely.

Thank you sir for your analysis
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 7:38pm On Mar 28, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Is it an octane booster? What's pricing like?
What are your thoughts on Acura's SH-AWD? Problematic?

I didn't recommend a booster. I recommended a fuel treatment. Boosters work but are detrimental long term. You can use them too. Can't quite pricing right now we are closed and markets are unstable.

I've bought two sh-awd cars in a row so no.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
lexini:
Ok. Thanks Radautoworks

Which brand do u recommend?

Lucas is tried and true. There are others but Lucas is probably the most popular.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 10:05pm On Mar 28, 2020
Thanks radautoworks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 10:59pm On Mar 28, 2020
lexini:
Thanks radautoworks

Yw. Couldn't find your post which specifies the cars you are comparing
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 11:57pm On Mar 28, 2020
Not comparing any car.

Got an es350 and I just wanted to know how to compensate not using premium fuel

radautoworks:

Yw. Couldn't find your post which specifies the cars you are comparing
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:35am On Mar 29, 2020
lexini:
Not comparing any car.

Got an es350 and I just wanted to know how to compensate not using premium fuel

2GR-FE doesn't require premium.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mbahjohnpaul: 7:17am On Mar 29, 2020
Guys pls I need an advice on acura mdx 07. People say it's too problematic and the parts are not readily available. I need an honest Nigeria review.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by hakeemlyon: 7:52am On Mar 29, 2020
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BarrSly: 8:07am On Mar 29, 2020
Zane2point4:
Pls all this people discouraging people from buying camry 2007 - 2009 blc of the oil shortage on 2Az fe,bear it in mind you're not actually so right.
Its something one can manage and hardly notice with regular weekly check up on oil level mostly if you drive on a very far distance,doesnt burn oil as una deh hype am here, a very reliable machine.
My second car and talking from xperience.

Cheers!
Boss please advise me on this issue because I’m really afraid. I wanted to buy the 2007 but I was discouraged and told to get the 2010. Now I had to pause so I can work on my budget to get up to the 2010 range please advise me.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Zane2point4(m): 8:47am On Mar 29, 2020
BarrSly:
Boss please advise me on this issue because I’m really afraid. I wanted to buy the 2007 but I was discouraged and told to get the 2010. Now I had to pause so I can work on my budget to get up to the 2010 range please advise me.
Baba go for your budget(2007) infact na almost the same thing with 010 (apart from engine,rear lights and headlamps,)unless u wana upgrade yours , that oil issue people complain here abt is very negligible, you may not need to top up till your next oil change. Fuel economy is very ok.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Fentanyl: 8:49am On Mar 29, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

2GR-FE doesn't require premium.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Fentanyl: 8:53am On Mar 29, 2020
Zane2point4:

Baba go for your budget(2007) infact na almost the same thing with 010 (apart from engine,rear lights and headlamps,)unless u wana upgrade yours , that oil issue people complain here abt is very negligible, you may not need to top up till your next oil change. Fuel economy is very ok.

this man

toyota has acknowledged the oil burn issue for that 2AZ engine, if it were "very negligible", all those owners would not have complained so much that Toyota would investigate and admit to the issue

let's not give wrong information based on anecdotes, of course as with many car issues, some owners would have it worse than others, perhaps your oil burn is less than many others, but don't mislead others into thinking that they would also have the same mild experience

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Zane2point4(m): 9:02am On Mar 29, 2020
Fentanyl:

this man

toyota has acknowledged the oil burn issue for that 2AZ engine, if it were "very negligible", all those owners would not have complained so much that Toyota would investigate and admit to the issue

let's not give wrong information based on anecdotes, of course as with many car issues, some owners would have it worse than others, perhaps your oil burn is less than many others, but don't mislead others into thinking that they would also have the same mild experience
My frnd and colleague use same vehicle na.
I mean it isnt something you can't manage.
I check mine one in a while i notice slight drop,even at a very long distances, but isnt " outrageous "as some people made it look.
Cheers!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:05am On Mar 29, 2020
[quote author=Fentanyl post=87878202][/quote]

Until you realize that Toyota uses the same engine on the Camry, Avalon, Venza, all with the same power output and it doesn't require premium on those cars.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 9:10am On Mar 29, 2020
Zane2point4:

My frnd and colleague use same vehicle na.
I mean it isnt something you can't manage.
I check mine one in a while i notice slight drop,even at a very long distances, but isnt " outrageous "as some people made it look.
Cheers!

Most forums advice against buying 07-09 due to oil burn, gear issue and recommend 010 upwards. That you own one and managing it shouldn't form the basis of encouraging him to do same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.