Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (447962 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olaboyeh(m): 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
nurey:

Cerato isn't bad and it is same as the hyundai elantra.

Rio and civic are below the cerator in the food chain

So cerato is a better buy over civic...wow

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 2:55pm On Apr 02, 2020
nurey:

Cerato isn't bad and it is same as the hyundai elantra.

Rio and civic are below the cerator in the food chain

I think Rio and Honda city should be compared while Cerato and Civic in the same chain
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:31pm On Apr 02, 2020
drakeskull:

I think Rio and Honda city should be compared while Cerato and Civic in the same chain

Honda city is Honda civic of other continent its Honda fit and jazz that is in the Toyota yaris region.

The cerato is also in their class but a bit bigger in size and sometimes engine.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
olaboyeh:

So cerato is a better buy over civic...wow

Better buy depends on the condition of both cars. But be weary of the bought brand new unit of Kia they are mostly of low quality in safety finish.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DonnyE(m): 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
seanfer:

I will pick the 2005 Camry. Because it is more rugged than the civic. More cabin space. The Camry’s engine bay has more space for mechanic to work and the Camry has more ground clearance than the civic.
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olaboyeh(m): 10:04pm On Apr 02, 2020
nurey:

Better buy depends on the condition of both cars. But be weary of the bought brand new unit of Kia they are mostly of low quality in safety finish.

There's always a complication..lol
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ifeoluwadayofun(f): 4:06pm On Apr 05, 2020
Hello my Ogas in the house! Oga HeavenlyBang and my other Ogas, thank you for all you do here!

Pls I'm in a fix here..

I want to buy Lexus RX 320 2005 OR Toyota highlander 2005.

Which one is better in terms of:

A. Maintenance/cost of spare parts
B. Technical/Electrical features
C. Fuel economy
D. Re-sale value
Thanks in anticipation my gurus.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2020
ifeoluwadayofun:
Hello my Ogas in the house! Oga HeavenlyBang and my other Ogas, thank you for all you do here!

Pls I'm in a fix here..

C. Fuel economy
D. Re-sale value

The RX is a dressed up, premium Highlander. Buy it. Thank me later.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ifeoluwadayofun(f): 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

The RX is a dressed up, premium Highlander. Buy it. Thank me later.

grin Thanks for your response....

Pls what about if I'm buying a naija used one, though very clean.. is it still better?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:11pm On Apr 05, 2020
ifeoluwadayofun:

grin Thanks for your response....

Pls what about if I'm buying a naija used one, though very clean.. is it still better?

I tend not to recommend naija used cars, unless you have an excellent techie for a pre-purchase inspection.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ifeoluwadayofun(f): 5:27pm On Apr 05, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I tend not to recommend naija used cars, unless you have an excellent techie for a pre-purchase inspection.

Thanks so much bro!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 11:38pm On Apr 05, 2020
ifeoluwadayofun:

Pls I'm in a fix here..

C. Fuel economy
D. Re-sale value

Buy the Lexus it's far better than the highlander in build quality I'm talking from experience owning both the Lexus RX330 and the highlander

I'm offering my own personally used Lexus RX330 for sale you can check it out If it's okay by you.

https://www.nairaland.com/5755222/fairly-used-lexus-rx330-2005
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ifeoluwadayofun(f): 6:50am On Apr 06, 2020
KINGreignn:

Buy the Lexus it's far better than the highlander in build quality I'm talking from experience owning both the Lexus RX330 and the highlander

I'm offering my own personally used Lexus RX330 for sale you can check it out If it's okay by you.

https://www.nairaland.com/5755222/fairly-used-lexus-rx330-2005

Ok, thank you boss.. Would check it out

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Hustlersdiary: 1:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
Good day everyone, please which car would you recommend between RX350 3013 and GLK350 2013 for everyday use and which is better in luxury, power, handling reliability and fuel consumption.

And out of curiosity I’d like to know if the front of the rx350 2013 can be upgraded to look like that of a 2017.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hustlersdiary:
Good day everyone, please which car would you recommend between RX350 3013 and GLK350 2013 for everyday use and which is better in luxury, power, handling reliability and fuel consumption.

And out of curiosity I’d like to know if the front of the rx350 2013 can be upgraded to look like that of a 2017.

I've seen people do this but its a waste of money IMO. Anyone with half an eye will know your car is not a 2017 on first glance.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hustlersdiary:

RX350 beats the GLK in luxury, reliability, fuel economy. The GLK beats the RX in power and handling.

Do not upgrade any RX, leave it as is. It's beautiful as is.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by superbouck(m): 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2020
Good day everybody, I want to buy car (for the first time) My budget is 300k to 400k, pls recommend any car that is durable,fuel economy, automatic, easy to maintain etc for me cos I don't know anything about car(s). thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
superbouck:
Good day everybody, I want to buy car (for the first time) My budget is 300k to 400k, pls recommend any car that is durable,fuel economy, automatic, easy to maintain etc for me cos I don't know anything about car(s). thanks

Save your money. This isn't a good time to buy cars, a global recession is coming.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by xrayj(m): 8:19am On Apr 07, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Save your money. This isn't a good time to buy cars, a global recession is coming.
Hmm
So many people are saying d bold
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Hustlersdiary: 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
KINGreignn:

RX350 beats the GLK in luxury, reliability, fuel economy. The GLK beats the RX in power and handling.

Do not upgrade any RX, leave it as is. It's beautiful as is.
Okay sir thanks, which one of the cars had higher maintenance cost?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Hustlersdiary: 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
rationalmind:

I've seen people do this but its a waste of money IMO. Anyone with half an eye will know your car is not a 2017 on first glance.

Okay sir thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hustlersdiary:

Okay sir thanks, which one of the cars had higher maintenance cost?

GLK
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Hustlersdiary: 3:05pm On Apr 07, 2020
KINGreignn:

GLK

Okay sir, thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by deborsky(m): 5:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hello house, pls I need your reviews on Hyundai Accent 2008. Pls consider rough road and it will be used to travel from ilorin to ibadan like twice every month. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by aquila3: 7:00pm On Apr 07, 2020
weldone car gurus, pls help me compare s60 interior with that of accord (both 2005 model) . Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nerdray: 11:24pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hi Gurus,

Please, I'll like to have your analytic comparison of Toyota Avalon XL and Lexus ES/IS 250 series, both 2006-2010 models base on;
LUXURY
PERFORMANCE
FUEL CONSUMPTION
DURABILITY
PASSENGER SPACE
DESIGN
AND SPEED
- If there has been any common or reoccurring users complaints with any model of the two, I'll like to know too.

Also, I have this love feeling for PONTIAC cars. I know it has been discontinued, with the last model being 2009/2010. The Grand prix, G3 and even Beneville seems to catch my fancy. I'll appreciate your expert opinion on this car brand, cons and pros as it relates to it being used in Nigeria.

I anticipate your submissions,
Thank you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by maestro09: 12:03am On Apr 08, 2020
Good day guys.
I’m about buying 2011 corolla sport.
Please is this a good buy and hope this year of corolla have no issues? Thank you

I’d love to hear other options which I can go for too
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kokomo: 8:03pm On Apr 08, 2020
Honda Civic 08 or Toyota Corrolla 08...need advice

I spec

I need the best balance between performance, beauty, fuel economy, ruggedness, availability of part and resale.

Thanks in advance boss nurey and HeavenlyBang
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by deleson: 9:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
Hi Gurus,

What do you think of a 2008 - 2010 Honda CRV?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by moyoz(m): 6:28am On Apr 09, 2020
nurey:

The camry and corolla are both very solid vehicles.

Efficiency both will get the job done but the camry has a bigger cabin, more leg room and comfortable sitting also more boot space.

Luxury the camry beats the corolla as the LE and xle come with leather optional sat navigation and JBL premium audio the corolla was never fitted with leather but the 06-07 has an upscale audio system.
The camry also comes with 16inch alloy rim options the corolla is 15 inch steel rim from factory on all models

Economy the corolla has a 1.6 and 1.8L engine while the camry has a 2.5L I4, V6 and hybrid. The camry hybrid comes close to the fuel economy of the corolla but to be on a safer side for 1st timer better to over look the hybrid. The corolla wins in economy but the camry 4 cylinder isn't bad if you want to balance power with economy. As full load the corolla is slow in acceleration.

Maintenance both are OK but camry parts are expensive than corolla. The corolla also has simple engine and parts even the sport version. I have 2 corolla in the family 04 and 07 the 07 has auto lock on moving the gear lever to Dallas, factory installed keyless entry, fog light.

Security both are robber magnet though the 06-07 corolla and most camry come with standard factory alarm systems, they can't be stolen whole when parked on like earlier models, but snatching at gun point has been major user experienced.

Verdict I would push to buy 06-07 corolla staying away from the sport due to bad roads and those with open roof as our weather conditions causes damage to the seals allowing leaks into the cabin.

If you like the camry, leave the SE and XLE with side skirts cause of our roads, push for a LE with all the bells and whistle (luxury edition with factory leather seats) but note most of the people using camry with non chalant attitude end up changing transmission.

Please bro, I need your advice to decide on my next car. I'm considering Lexus GS 350 08/ ES 350 08. I'll like to know more about the gas mileage of the 2 cars thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 6:59am On Apr 09, 2020
moyoz:

Please bro, I need your advice to decide on my next car. I'm considering Lexus GS 350 08/ ES 350 08. I'll like to know more about the gas mileage of the 2 cars thanks.

You can't be admiring a 2 big V6 luxury sedans and be talking about gas mileage. Choose your poison and enjoy the aftermath bro.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by moyoz(m): 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

ES350.

Thanks bro. But why do you go for ES 350, I want to know better that's why I'm asking

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.