Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,468 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446835 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 9:11am On Mar 29, 2020
victor175:

Thanks. Considering 2009 glk. Why do you have reservations about having as a first car?

They aren't so good as daily drivers considering our roads and fuel
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Fentanyl: 10:09am On Mar 29, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Until you realize that Toyota uses the same engine on the Camry, Avalon, Venza, all with the same power output and it doesn't require premium on those cars.

2 vehicles can use the same engine and be tuned differently, compression ratios, etcetera

sure, maybe it was some lexus exclusivity nonsense, but maybe listen to the manufacturer
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:12am On Mar 29, 2020
Fentanyl:

2 vehicles can use the same engine and be tuned differently, compression ratios, etcetera

sure, maybe it was some lexus exclusivity nonsense, but maybe listen to the manufacturer

They are not tuned differently. Recommending premium is also different from requiring premium. You don't need premium on an ES350 or RX350; the 2GR-FSE on the IS350 and GS350 is a different matter, though.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kaybaba5(m): 10:13am On Mar 29, 2020
i want to buy my first car, am thinking camry 2000 drop light naija used and honda EOD naija used my budget is 700k pls advise

which one is the best to maintain and have resale value incase if i want to resell it
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mandalorian: 10:20am On Mar 29, 2020
Kaybaba5:
i want to buy my first car, am thinking camry 2000 drop light naija used and honda EOD naija used my budget is 700k pls advise

which one is the best to maintain and have resale value incase if i want to resell it
With budget of 700k, things might likely end in tears. However the camery will have better resale value and I'll recommend that

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Fentanyl: 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

They are not tuned differently. Recommending premium is also different from requiring premium. You don't need premium on an ES350 or RX350; the 2GR-FSE on the IS350 and GS350 is a different matter, though.

Lexus recommends premium gasoline 91+ RON for the 2007 - 2009 Lexus ES 350

whether you agree or disagree with that and your opinions about that recommendation, is another matter entirely
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
Fentanyl:

Lexus recommends premium gasoline 91+ RON for the 2007 - 2009 Lexus ES 350

whether you agree or disagree with that and your opinions about that recommendation, is another matter entirely

If you're going to keep on being obtuse, you may as well shut up.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Fentanyl: 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
[s]
HeavenlyBang:

If you're going to keep on being obtuse, you may as well shut up.

[/s]

obviously pained that your false and wrong information was countered with hard facts

why dont you dab your face with a napkin or something, it would help with the tears and emotions

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Fentanyl: 12:49pm On Mar 29, 2020

back to the facts of the matter, below are the official lexus premium or regular fuel recommendations for various models and years

91+ = Premium

89 and below = regular

let those who want to cry and lament do so, the facts do not lie

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:54pm On Mar 29, 2020
why is all this happening when I am retired cry

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by diportivo: 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
octane rating o

chemical composition o

na wetin we import we dey use for here abi??

make una rest abeg

obanikoro obviously angry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Come back please
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
Bro

07-09 es350 requires minimum octane rating of 91, which I believe is premium fuel

HeavenlyBang:

2GR-FE doesn't require premium.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:52pm On Mar 29, 2020
lexini:
Bro

07-09 es350 requires minimum octane rating of 91, which I believe is premium fuel

Read my other comments on the matter.

It's the exact same engine that Toyota uses on cars like the Camry and Venza, cars that don't require premium. The exact same engine.

Lexus just recommends premium because premium fuel is typically recommended by premium brands.

Same way Acura recommends premium on the TSX and FWD TL with a J35, but don't on the Accord and Crosstour, even though they all use the same engine.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Fentanyl: 8:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
so many experts on this thread, who have better information than the manufacturers
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lots of idiots who don't understand that you can't get premium in Nigeria even if you wanted. cheesy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Cheeryfeet: 10:45pm On Mar 29, 2020
Weldone Boss. I just got interested in Lexus RX 330 and 350. Is there any perculier issues with the care like engine problem, gear box wahala anything in particular. Intend to use as family car, and maybe doing long distance travel for family holiday
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by yak(m): 11:59pm On Mar 29, 2020
someone wants to buy his first ever car
don't know how to drive even but intends to learn immediately.
what car wld u recommend bw civic 2007 and elentra 2010, and corolla 2004 all Naija used. if there are other better alternatives, u can recommend.
lastly, how long on the average would it take him to start driving out. not Lagos or Abuja resident
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:14am On Mar 30, 2020
yak:
someone wants to buy his first ever car
don't know how to drive even but intends to learn immediately.
what car wld u recommend bw civic 2007 and elentra 2010, and corolla 2004 all Naija used. if there are other better alternatives, u can recommend.
lastly, how long on the average would it take him to start driving out. not Lagos or Abuja resident

Civic 2007.

A week of continuous practice would suffice.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by hakeemlyon: 10:54am On Mar 30, 2020
Good morning guys, I'd love your opinion about Toyota Camry solara, it's not the convertible. I'm about getting one from someone i know. It's a 2007 coupe and really beautiful. Don't really mind the coupe cus it looks stylish and sporty. Barely two years used in Nigeria and still looks great since it was maintained very well. Don't know nothing about cars so this seems like a good option. What do you guys think please. Should I go ahead and get it. are there anything things to look out for.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:22am On Mar 30, 2020
hakeemlyon:
Good morning guys, I'd love your opinion about Toyota Camry solara, it's not the convertible. I'm about getting one from someone i know. It's a 2007 coupe and really beautiful. Don't really mind the coupe cus it looks stylish and sporty. Barely two years used in Nigeria and still looks great since it was maintained very well. Don't know nothing about cars so this seems like a good option. What do you guys think please. Should I go ahead and get it. are there anything things to look out for.

Great buy. Nah camry in coupe form
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by king406(m): 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
There is difference between REQUIRED fuel and RECOMMENDED fuel
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 7:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
Cheeryfeet:
Weldone Boss. I just got interested in Lexus RX 330 and 350. Is there any perculier issues with the care like engine problem, gear box wahala anything in particular. Intend to use as family car, and maybe doing long distance travel for family holiday

It's a good vehicle, I've used it and it never disappointed. I have a Lexus RX330 for sale if you're interested, chat me up.

https://www.nairaland.com/5755222/fairly-used-lexus-rx330-2005
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by xrayj(m): 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2020
KINGreignn:

It's a good vehicle, I've used it and it never disappointed. I have a Lexus RX330 for sale if you're interested, chat me up.

https://www.nairaland.com/5755222/fairly-used-lexus-rx330-2005
How is the fuel consumption like for this car sir?
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 6:40pm On Mar 31, 2020
xrayj:

How is the fuel consumption like for this car sir?
Thanks

It's definitely not a corolla, but that said, it's not terrible.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olaboyeh(m): 10:51am On Apr 01, 2020
Quick one

What do you guys think about about an
08 kia cerato as against 06 civic... getting a clean civic within budget has been a challenge tho...

How do cerato hold up. As compared to civic, Elantra or rio

Cc: nurey

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 8:59am On Apr 02, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Then become an elder statesman grin. Input once in a while won't hurt anybody. As elder no need to exchange words with anyone. once you drop your words e don be, those i too sabi ones wey neva open moto engine before in their life can continue arguing with their keyboards. The wise will learn/appreciate the wisdom from elder grin.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:11am On Apr 02, 2020
foolbuster:

Then become an elder statesman grin. Input once in a while won't hurt anybody. As elder no need to exchange words with anyone. once you drop your words e don be, those i too sabi ones wey neva open moto engine before in their life can continue arguing with their keyboards. The wise will learn/appreciate the wisdom from elder grin.

I will begin writing letters then cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:46am On Apr 02, 2020
olaboyeh:
Quick one

What do you guys think about about an
08 kia cerato as against 06 civic... getting a clean civic within budget has been a challenge tho...

How do cerato hold up. As compared to civic, Elantra or rio

Cc: nurey

Cerato isn't bad and it is same as the hyundai elantra.

Rio and civic are below the cerator in the food chain
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DonnyE(m): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Civic 2007.

A week of continuous practice would suffice.
Bros what if a 2005 Camry is added to the list? Will u still pic the civic? Why the civic please? Meanwhile I am 6.1 ft
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
DonnyE:

Bros what if a 2005 Camry is added to the list? Will u still pic the civic? Why the civic please? Meanwhile I am 6.1 ft

I will pick the 2005 Camry. Because it is more rugged than the civic. More cabin space. The Camry’s engine bay has more space for mechanic to work and the Camry has more ground clearance than the civic.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 2:09pm On Apr 02, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

I will begin writing letters then cheesy

That one follow. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.