Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444442 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 5:30pm On Aug 21, 2020
dljbd1:

Shit... My fear is coming to past cry
Ok. I will do as advised.
But first, I browsed online for fix to similar issue and I read some say to change alternator and some others saying shaft sensor. Another saying to check ECU.
Please, could it be any of these? I don't wanna change gear box and still face same issue... Gear box I hear it's almost 100k... Wedding is around the corner so that money na big money and I will be needing this ride for serious commuting. cry

Fix that car... Other wise na serious strandling e go do you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2020
dljbd1:

But first, I browsed online for fix to similar issue and I read some say to change alternator and some others saying shaft sensor. Another saying to check ECU.
Please, could it be any of these? I don't wanna change gear box and still face same issue... Gear box I hear it's almost 100k... Wedding is around the corner so that money na big money and I will be needing this ride for serious commuting. cry
you can also scan the transmission for any code, you have been using the wrong fluid for that gear. Try what i told you before, if luck is by your side, you transmission will work Properly again.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2020
dljbd1:

How did you skip "change gear oil" and fixate on "change gear box" That's why kazeems take advantage of people. you come ready with the mentality of spending a lot for something when there may well be a simple solution.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dljbd1(m): 7:33pm On Aug 21, 2020
radautoworks:

How did you skip "change gear oil" and fixate on "change gear box" That's why kazeems take advantage of people. you come ready with the mentality of spending a lot for something when there may well be a simple solution.
lipsrsealed No vex. It's cos I am of the opinion that gear oil na gear oil regardless of the make na why my mind skip go gear box. But I will obviously do as advised and check for codes before going that route.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by penzino(m): 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
Which is best to go for between

1. Kia Rio 2014
2. Corolla 2008
3. Benz C230 2005

Considering reliability, economy, maintenance and availability of parts.

Looking to get a great second wife(car)..

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2020
dljbd1:

lipsrsealed No vex. It's cos I am of the opinion that gear oil na gear oil regardless of the make na why my mind skip go gear box. But I will obviously do as advised and check for codes before going that route.

All gear oil is not the same o. Sorry if I came across a little strong.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 10:12pm On Aug 21, 2020
ksmart027:

Flush that oil, buy honda dw1 and service your transmission, if the problem persist, change gearbox

Who taught you automobile engineering?
You go just dey talk wetin you no even sabi sef and you go dey form sabinus.

You wan give that guy problem now abi?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2020
dljbd1:

Do not panic. That problem is peculiar to 2003 Honda Accord. I owned one and experienced this issue; exactly as you described and it was not the gear box. I thought it was gear box but it wasn't.

Also, I thought it was the alternator but it wasn't.

However, it was the shaft sensor. In my case, I changed the shaft and it was about 20k plus and I enjoyed.

I am sure that when this issue you experience happens, the check engine light is always on and it consumes more petrol?

Trust me, your problem na the shaft.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 10:18pm On Aug 21, 2020
dicksonadams:

Fix that car... Other wise na serious strandling e go do you

That issue will never leave him stranded. Rather, it will only cause him to arrive his destinations late
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2020
radautoworks:

Eggzactly my point. That guy na kazeem.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2020
dljbd1:

Oga you be kazeem. Don't give people try and error suggestion on their cars. If you no know, just lock up the matter.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2020
Philadelphia:

Who taught you automobile engineering?
You go just dey talk wetin you no even sabi sef and you go dey form sabinus.

You wan give that guy problem now abi?
oga mechanic, i hope you read below were i told him to scan his transmission, and for your information i am not a mechanic neither did i study engineering. Give the guy the solution he seeks and stop spewing thrash.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2020
ksmart027:

oga mechanic, i hope you read below were i told him to scan his transmission, and for your information i am not a mechanic neither did i study engineering. Give the guy the solution he seeks and stop spewing thrash.

From transmission oil to gear box to brake pad to bad petrol to what next?

Oga kazeem, you fit start to learn with bicycle.

No come here dey form guru for wetin you no sabi. If you no know, just shut up or lock your phone.

To answer no be by force.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2020
Philadelphia:

From transmission oil to gear box to brake pad to bad petrol to what next?

Oga kazeem, you fit start to learn with bicycle.

No come here dey form guru for wetin you no sabi. If you no know, just shut up or lock your phone.

To answer no be by force.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 10:52pm On Aug 21, 2020
ksmart027:

Bloody kazeem dey form guru

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 11:00pm On Aug 21, 2020
Philadelphia:

Bloody kazeem dey form guru
ignorance fellow, i can see you cant even read properly, i stated before i am not a mechanic nor a kazeem but because you are so stunted in brain, you cant understand that, i believe you have been servicing your leg pulling, severly abused honda accord with oando dextron. I dont have time for dumb ass like you, you are henceforth ignored.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 11:06pm On Aug 21, 2020
ksmart027:

ignorance fellow, i can see you cant even read properly, i stated before i am not a mechanic nor a kazeem but because you are so stunted in brain, you cant understand that, i believe you have been servicing your leg pulling, severly abused honda accord with oando dextron. I dont have time for dumb ass like you, you are henceforth ignored.

You are too dumb to read and understand that my advice was given in past tense. I was using that 2003 EOD before you wrote WAEC.
I have upgraded.

Bloody kazeem
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 11:08pm On Aug 21, 2020
Philadelphia:

You are too dumb to read and understand that my advice was given in past tense. I was using that 2003 EOD before you wrote WAEC.
I have upgraded.

Bloody kazeem
ignored
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dljbd1(m): 11:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
lol...
ksmart027:

ignored
Philadelphia:

I have upgraded.

Bloody kazeem

be calming down guys smiley...please

@Philadelphia...abeg, you dey Lagos? Recommend me person way fit help do this stuff abeg.
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dljbd1(m): 11:28pm On Aug 21, 2020
Philadelphia:

Do not panic. That problem is peculiar to 2003 Honda Accord. I owned one and experienced this issue; exactly as you described and it was not the gear box. I thought it was gear box but it wasn't.

Also, I thought it was the alternator but it wasn't.

However, it was the shaft sensor. In my case, I changed the shaft and it was about 20k plus and I enjoyed.

I am sure that when this issue you experience happens, the check engine light is always on and it consumes more petrol?

Trust me, your problem na the shaft.

Exactly as bolded.
Abeg help cry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 11:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
dljbd1:
lol...

@Philadelphia...abeg, you dey Lagos? Recommend me person way fit help do this stuff abeg.
Thanks
Remember to use the recommended transmission fluid when you fix the problem, good luck

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 11:39pm On Aug 21, 2020
dljbd1:
lol...

Thanks

I am calm bro. I am not in Lagos at this moment but if I must recommend anyone to you there, then it must be Gazzuzz. O have mentioned him and his attention will be drawn to this.

You can also lookup his moniker here and get his mobile number.

I have it but its on my phone and I am not using my mobile phone at this moment.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 11:41pm On Aug 21, 2020
dljbd1:

Exactly as bolded.
Abeg help cry

Bro, I sympathize with you but consult Gazzuzz. He is in Lagos.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dljbd1(m): 11:53pm On Aug 21, 2020
ksmart027:

Remember to use the recommended transmission fluid when you fix the problem, good luck
Duly noted...I appreciate this. Thank you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dljbd1(m): 11:53pm On Aug 21, 2020
Philadelphia:

Bro, I sympathize with you but consult Gazzuzz. He is in Lagos.
Philadelphia:

I am calm bro. I am not in Lagos at this moment but if I must recommend anyone to you there, then it must be Gazzuzz. O have mentioned him and his attention will be drawn to this.

You can also lookup his moniker here and get his mobile number.

I have it but its on my phone and I am not using my mobile phone at this moment.

Noted. I will reach out to him.
I really appreciate your help.
Thank you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 11:55pm On Aug 21, 2020
dljbd1:
Duly noted...I appreciate this. Thank you.
urw
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nonhuman(m): 6:06am On Aug 22, 2020
I need gazuz phone number
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 8:09am On Aug 22, 2020
nonhuman:
I need gazuz phone number
search for gazzuz, go to his signature and you will get is number.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Okewa(m): 9:04am On Aug 22, 2020
ak22:

A friend just bought one last week 04 at 2.2 very clean with less than 45,000
The car is suddenly expensive, mayb its because of the demand or still the normal exchange rate
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by GreatSage: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2020
Guys what do you have to say about 2008 Chevrolet Equinox, considering our roads in Nigeria, Fuel economy, parts availability and peculiar problems?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Numberz(m): 12:47pm On Aug 22, 2020
Good afternoon all. Please a family friend (woman 45+) is interested in any good Hyundai SUV (below 3.7m) with her primary considerations being;
RELIABILITY, DURABILITY & PARTS AVAILABILITY.
Kindly recommend a good one with year of production.
Thanks.

Cc
Radautoworks
Gazzuz
Kingreign
Nurey
+ All major stakeholders
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
GreatSage:
Guys what do you have to say about 2008 Chevrolet Equinox, considering our roads in Nigeria, Fuel economy, parts availability and peculiar problems?

if you like it, buy it though parts maybe hard to come by and a bit on the expensive side. but you are sure of the real deal

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.