Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446689 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
Sparkle29:
Hey guys... I have a budget of 2.5M can I see a toks 2008 Lexus ES 350

with faith anything is possible but with the shitty naira value only lemon may be possible or extremely accidented ready to miam owner unit grin

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by odewole16: 9:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hi guys, pls I need ur urgent advice, which is better between Honda Civic 08 and Toyota Corolla 06.
Kindly give reasons. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
odewole16:
Hi guys, pls I need ur urgent advice, which is better between Honda Civic 08 and Toyota Corolla 06.
Kindly give reasons. Thanks

I have an 08 Honda Civic and a 05 Pontiac vibe which is like a corrola,

The Civic is sleeker, has better handling, fancier interior and better safety (side airbag front and back seat, Toyota only have for front seat ), the Honda has colder AC. Acceleration is better on the Civic, fuel consumption is better on the Civic
, Toyota has a better ride height, for
Ruggedness will say Toyota is better / the Honda can be rugged if you stick to manufacturer specified fluids and maintainaces.

If I am to choose only one, I prefer the Civic for the reason above

8 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mobolaji234: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
Help choose between a toks '07 Hyundai Elantra or Nigerian used ' 04 Toyota Matrix. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Branduche: 12:58am On Aug 14, 2020
@radautoworks
@nurey
@HeavenlyBang

Rav 4 2006 vs Highlander 2005 vs Honda CRV 2008

Which is better as a daily driver to work and back home. Thanks in advance.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 1:07am On Aug 14, 2020
Branduche:
@radautoworks
@nurey
@HeavenlyBang

Rav 4 2006 vs Highlander 2005 vs Honda CRV 2008

Which is better as a daily driver to work and back home. Thanks in advance.

Highlander is bigger than the other two so uses more fuel. Other than that, flip a coin though I'm partial to the RAV4. We've owned 4 of varying years and liked them all. Also, I almost always go for the better car unless it's the first year of a serious overhaul.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 1:09am On Aug 14, 2020
mobolaji234:
Help choose between a toks '07 Hyundai Elantra or Nigerian used ' 04 Toyota Matrix. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by odewole16: 7:26am On Aug 14, 2020
dicksonadams:

The Civic is sleeker, has better handling, fancier interior and better safety (side airbag front and back seat, Toyota only have for front seat ), the Honda has colder AC. Acceleration is better on the Civic, fuel consumption is better on the Civic
Ruggedness will say Toyota is better / the Honda can be rugged if you stick to manufacturer specified fluids and maintainaces.

dicksonadams:

Thanks chief, pls what’s the manufacturer specified fluid and how often must maintenance be done to keep the car in good shape
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mobolaji234: 8:50am On Aug 14, 2020
[quote author=radautoworks post=92794265][/quote]
Thank you Aunty Radu @radautoworks
Please can the Elantra serve as a cab effectively and efficiently for cab hauling business?
And what should I be careful of when using the car.
It's a manual transmission car
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ollykay619(m): 11:51am On Aug 14, 2020
Planned on getting my first car (Toyota corolla) , but the price of corrolla these days no be small thing. I am considering Honda Civic 2008. Any suggestion/recommendation/Advice

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
mobolaji234:

Thank you Aunty Radu @radautoworks
Please can the Elantra serve as a cab effectively and efficiently for cab hauling business?
And what should I be careful of when using the car.
It's a manual transmission car

I say yes but I advise you to ask the guys on the Uber thread
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by package00(m): 7:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
cc: nurey, heavenlybang, Philadelphia and others. You are doing a great job here

Please what car is the best buy for a SUV or SEDAN. Road Safety is my priority as my old Toyota corrola feels lighter on the highway at top speed.

I have a budget of 4m. Your advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by awele186: 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2020
Is this same for 2013 lexus es350 and Avalon 2013?

Both vehicles are durable but the ES is touted as more durable with good build quality because it is made in Japan and quality control was strict.

Faster both vehicles have same 2grfe v6 engine
ES has 272hp 0-60 in 6.2s
Avalon 280hp 0-60 in 6s (05-06)
Avalon 268hp 0-60(never revealed but claimed to be same) 07 upwards.
The ES during its time was known as the fastest fwd luxury Sedan around. Also fun to drive compared to the Avalon due to size and less drag coefficient.

Fuel economy is pretty close
Avalon 20/29
ES 21/30

Advanced in tech the ES has more airbags, out of the factory fitted navigation and backup cam, power steering tilt etc the Avalon depends on trim and package to come close or be on par.

Its called adaptive cruise control both vehicles have it.

Verdict both vehicles meet your requirements the Avalon is a poor man's Lexus LS with 6 cylinder engine good for family size and more of a vehicle you should be driven in not driving yourself.
The Lexus badge In the ES has that premium appeal, good build and enough room for comfortable seating. If price isn't an issue the Lexus should be considered
[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
package00:
cc: nurey, heavenlybang, Philadelphia and others. You are doing a great job here

Please what car is the best buy for a SUV or SEDAN. Road Safety is my priority as my old Toyota corrola feels lighter on the highway at top speed.

Thanks in Advance.

Get a 2012 C300 if possible. Enjoy.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tmanis(m): 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
package00:

Thanks in Advance.

Tesla model X

Get you a Volvo, for rugged safety
Get you a C-class Benz, for classy safety

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by package00(m): 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Get a 2012 C300 if possible. Enjoy.

Thanks for this piece of information. I appreciate
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by package00(m): 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
tmanis:

Tesla model X

Get you a Volvo, for rugged safety
Get you a C-class Benz, for classy safety

Thanks boss. I appreciate it

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
package00:

Thanks for this piece of information. I appreciate

I don't think a 2012 is possible with your budget sha, but a 2010 serves well too.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
package00:

Thanks in Advance.

Get a 2010 BMW 328i
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by package00(m): 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I don't think a 2012 is possible with your budget sha, but a 2010 serves well too.

Thanks sir. Do you have any other recommendation apart from the C300 2010.

I will appreciate multiple options to select from
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
package00:

Thanks sir. Do you have any other recommendation apart from the C300 2010.

I will appreciate multiple options to select from

Like my boss above said, the 328i or 330i are also good options. Not a 335i.

An Acura TL SH-AWD is another option.

Personal, though, it's the 328i, 330i, or C300 for me.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by package00(m): 11:04pm On Aug 14, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Thanks so much. Your response is highly appreciated
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by package00(m): 11:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
Philadelphia:

Get a 2010 BMW 328i

Thanks sir. I appreciate your response.

Will look through all options and hope to make the best choice. Thanks for this piece. It's well appreciated
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by package00(m): 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Sorry to disturb. Which of these options is cheaper in terms of maintenance. And also availability of parts and repairs.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 8:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
package00:

Sorry to disturb. Which of these options is cheaper in terms of maintenance. And also availability of parts and repairs.

The BMW parts should be same except engine configuration and cheaper than the C300 however the C300 parts would more available than BMW but if you're in Lagos you shouldn't have problem with BMW parts except /M parts tho
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by odewole16: 7:12am On Aug 16, 2020
Goodmorning, pls what’s the best oil to use and service Honda Civic 08
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by fizcoo20(m): 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hello, plz i need advice on honda civic from model 03 to 08 model. which one is good to buy .
his d car rugged,
fuel economy
his d part cheap.
also, d ground clearance, how can someone cope with .

Can d car be use for Uber /Bolt.
His d car rugged for ehailing.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dannywest: 6:12am On Aug 17, 2020
Volvo is built for safety.
Get an xc90, research on the safety and crash test results for that car compared to others as well as the included safety features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cue9QkeYP0E

5 star crash test ratings, fatality rate almost zero

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/motors/2018/04/17/no-fatal-crashes-in-volvo-xc90-since-2002-release/

package00:

Thanks in Advance.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by fizcoo20(m): 10:45am On Aug 17, 2020
Hello, plz i need advice on honda civic from model 03 to 08 model. which one is good to buy .
his d car rugged,
fuel economy
his d part cheap.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by biggace(m): 11:05am On Aug 17, 2020
Please is Honda CR-V 03 to 05 good for ehailing? What is the pro and cons.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2020
biggace:
Please is Honda CR-V 03 to 05 good for ehailing? What is the pro and cons.

buy a civic rather
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:27pm On Aug 17, 2020
fizcoo20:
his d car rugged,
fuel economy
his d part cheap.

Thanks in anticipation.

it is good any year you buy. but 03-05 would be cheaper to maintain than 06 to 08

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.