Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (447285 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:45am On Jun 14, 2021
arduino:
Please, which is the recommended power steering fluid for Camry 2010?

Dextron 3
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by NuvioProcure(f): 10:47am On Jun 14, 2021
please ill like to ask if Honda accord EOD is such a bad car for a lady, most people said i should get a toyota which i can’t afford honestly, Im a lady , this will be my first car, i haven’t perfected my driving, it will driven in Abuja.

please advice me please, im lost and afraid
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 10:57am On Jun 14, 2021
NuvioProcure:
please ill like to ask if Honda accord EOD is such a bad car for a lady, most people said i should get a toyota which i can’t afford honestly, Im a lady , this will be my first car, i haven’t perfected my driving, it will driven in Abuja.

there is nothing wrong with EOD,is the leg issues that particular model of accord experiences that made them to advised you to go for Toyota, and considering the fact that you are in Abuja that has better road network I think that makes it better for you, but why not consider civic, I think in my personal opinion its more lady like,and has awesome fuel economy,better than the accord, will probably cost less to maintain than the accord also, and again na abuja so roads there will not be an issue for the low ground clearance of the civic.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by NuvioProcure(f): 11:06am On Jun 14, 2021
dadabashua1:
there is nothing wrong with EOD,is the leg issues that particular model of accord experiences that made them to advised you to go for Toyota, and considering the fact that you are in Abuja that has better road network I think that makes it better for you, but why not consider civic, I think in my personal opinion its more lady like,and has awesome fuel economy,better than the accord, will probably cost less to maintain than the accord also, and again na abuja so roads there will not be an issue for the low ground clearance of the civic.
Thank you so much another option is Honda Civic 2003( not really my first choice)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by arduino: 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2021
nurey:

Dextron 3
Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by arduino: 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2021
NuvioProcure:

EOD is good but I will always recommend Honda Civic or Toyota Yaris (both 2008 model) as a first car for most ladies.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by NuvioProcure(f): 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2021
arduino:

EOD is good but I will always recommend Honda Civic or Toyota Yaris (both 2008 model) as a first car for most ladies.
yes understood but money is usually the deciding factor
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2021
NuvioProcure:
yes understood but money is usually the deciding factor
get civic 2005 it more economical than Eod,if you were a guy I wud av said get the Eod.you can get that civic for 800k naija used
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by NuvioProcure(f): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
get civic 2005 it more economical than Eod,if you were a guy I wud av said get the Eod.you can get that civic for 800k naija used
which of the civic?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 6:51pm On Jun 14, 2021
NuvioProcure:

Buy Honda accord discussion continue.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by NuvioProcure(f): 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2021
kingreign:

Buy Honda accord discussion continue.
i think thats way above my budget

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2021
NuvioProcure:
which of the civic?
2005 model,its not big and bulky like eod and dc and since it's your first car,you fit use am learn to be acquainted with cars.its fuel consumption cannot dig a hole in your pocket.the Ac is madd.just get a good unit.I have used it before,so am speaking from experience

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by NuvioProcure(f): 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
2005 model,its not big and bulky like eod and dc and since it's your first car,you fit use am learn to be acquainted with cars.its fuel consumption cannot dig a hole in your pocket.the Ac is madd.just get a good unit.I have used it before,so am speaking from experience
Thanks alot ill be on a lookout
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tropaz(m): 2:50am On Jun 15, 2021
Hi great guys,
Please I need a truck for both daily runs and interstate deliveries. I'm stuck between Toyota Tacoma and Honda ridge line....
I want something reliable and comfortable.
Maximum budget is 4M please...

Cc nurey
Heavenlybang and other car gurus in the building
pls help a friend
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2021
tropaz:
Hi great guys,
Please I need a truck for both daily runs and interstate deliveries. I'm stuck between Toyota Tacoma and Honda ridge line....

Cc nurey
pls help a friend

Tacoma is a work truck

Ridgeline is a fun to drive truck I doubt if it is as.strong as the rest.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:23pm On Jun 15, 2021
tropaz:
Hi great guys,

Cc nurey
pls help a friend

I'd personally go with the Ridgeline. Unless you're doing serious off-roading.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tropaz(m): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2021
Thanks a bunch...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Trinity33(m): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2021
Nice thread, Goodevening all, for a first timer with a budget of 1.5 to 1.8m, need durable car, good fuel economy, less expensive to maintain, less car issues.
I have the Toyota ( voltrone) and lexus es 330 in mind but open to more suggestions. Ps: i know very little about cars. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oride: 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

I'd personally go with the Ridgeline. Unless you're doing serious off-roading.

Good suggestion, however there's one problem with the Ridgeline...

TRANSMISSION.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2021
Trinity33:
Nice thread, Goodevening all, for a first timer with a budget of 1.5 to 1.8m, need durable car, good fuel economy, less expensive to maintain, less car issues.
I have the Toyota ( voltrone) and lexus es 330 in mind but open to more suggestions. Ps: i know very little about cars. Thanks
your taste is kinda high despite your funds.get the muscle or accord 2012
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Trinity33(m): 6:49pm On Jun 15, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
your taste is kinda high despite your funds.get the muscle or accord 2012

Ok thanks, can 2m get a good nigerian use voltrone or lexus 330?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:10pm On Jun 15, 2021
Trinity33:

Ok thanks, can 2m get a good nigerian use voltrone or lexus 330?
since your mind is made up btw the 2,yes with 2m you can get a very good naija used for the both cars.it could be less too.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Trinity33(m): 10:40pm On Jun 15, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
since your mind is made up btw the 2,yes with 2m you can get a very good naija used for the both cars.it could be less too.

Am open to any suggestions sir, are you advising i go for the Toyota muscle even if i can get the above two?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 1:47pm On Jun 16, 2021
tropaz:
Hi great guys,

Cc nurey
pls help a friend
Tacoma all day.
Life span- Tacoma
Reliability- Tacoma
Ease of repair- Tacoma
Hauling- Tacoma
Looks-Ridgeline
Fun- Ridgeline
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by delightchamp: 6:04am On Jun 19, 2021
Good morning everyone. Please can someone help with this clarification. Is the Hyundai Santa Fe 2020 model a 7-seater SUV? Someone said it's a 7-seater but I read it's a 5-seater. If 7-seater, how convenient is seatimg inside and how very convenient will be the 2 seats at the back?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 6:37am On Jun 19, 2021
delightchamp:
Good morning everyone. Please can someone help with this clarification. Is the Hyundai Santa Fe 2020 model a 7-seater SUV? Someone said it's a 7-seater but I read it's a 5-seater. If 7-seater, how convenient is seatimg inside and how very convenient will be the 2 seats at the back?

Are you just asking to know or to own?
If it’s the former, you can go to cars.com or kbb.com and do your research.
If it’s the latter, then go to a dealership and confirm. That’s how inspection works.
No one knows your family size in numbers or how big your members are to answer the “convenient” side of your question.

I wish you luck in your research/ purchase.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Trinity33(m): 9:00am On Jun 19, 2021
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 10:16am On Jun 19, 2021
Trinity33:
Please i need an urgent help!!!!!!
Am about to pay for a toyota camry 2008, clean Nigeria use, my machanics has certified the car ok, all the papers are complete apart from custom paper, i was told there can fix it on monday, but i just want to ask for opinion here. The car is being sold by a trusted dealer in abuja, plus is there any means of verify the papers, its my first car and i dont want any issues at all, though i already like the car, plssssss advice my pple

something is fishy...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by blissbliss: 11:06am On Jun 19, 2021
Trinity33:
Please i need an urgent help!!!!!!
Am about to pay for a toyota camry 2008, clean Nigeria use, my machanics has certified the car ok, all the papers are complete apart from custom paper, i was told there can fix it on monday, but i just want to ask for opinion here. The car is being sold by a trusted dealer in abuja, plus is there any means of verify the papers, its my first car and i dont want any issues at all, though i already like the car, plssssss advice my pple

How did you ascertain him being a ‘trusted’ dealer?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
delightchamp:

From 14 to 2018 the long wheel base Santa Fe was XL it's a 3 row one

For 2019 it is called Hyundai palisade for 3 row variant. The Santa Fe of that era (2019 TM) was only 2 row.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by donpaulo44(m): 10:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
I drive a Toyota Corolla 2003, I want to know if replacing it with a Honda Accord 2008 is a step up or step down.

Does the Honda Accord have a peculiar problem? Coz I think it’s cheap considering looks lol
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TrebleChamp(m): 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2021
nurey:

From 14 to 2018 the long wheel base Santa Fe was XL it's a 3 row one

For 2019 it is called Hyundai palisade for 3 row variant. The Santa Fe of that era (2019 TM) was only 2 row.
Oga nurey i greet you sir, pls how good and reliable is a Toyota Corolla Verso? What is the fuel economy like and how good is the engine? I am thinking of buying it for me wife, so she can be using it to transport her goods. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.