Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (445023 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:54am On Jun 20, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Oga nurey i greet you sir, pls how good and reliable is a Toyota Corolla Verso? What is the fuel economy like and how good is the engine? I am thinking of buying it for me wife, so she can be using it to transport her goods. Thanks

It is a Corolla in wagon form though check the engine fitted as some don't have the common 1zz and 2zz Corolla has. But they are generally reliable too

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:55am On Jun 20, 2021
donpaulo44:
I drive a Toyota Corolla 2003, I want to know if replacing it with a Honda Accord 2008 is a step up or step down.

Does the Honda Accord have a peculiar problem? Coz I think it’s cheap considering looks lol

Does the step matter? If you like the Accord and comfortable with what you see in it buy because your happiness is all that matters

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seunoj: 7:13am On Jun 20, 2021
donpaulo44:
I drive a Toyota Corolla 2003, I want to know if replacing it with a Honda Accord 2008 is a step up or step down.

Does the Honda Accord have a peculiar problem? Coz I think it’s cheap considering looks lol

Step down in terms maintenance cost n fuel efficiency but step up in terms of look n feel.
No step as vehicles are for mobility until u could afford an high end luxury.

Ur happiness is the key � like Nurey advised

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oride: 7:24am On Jun 20, 2021
nurey:

From 14 to 2018 the long wheel base Santa Fe was XL it's a 3 row one

For 2019 it is called Hyundai palisade for 3 row variant. The Santa Fe of that era (2019 TM) was only 2 row.

The Palisade is quite different from the Santa Fe. You are right though, for 2024 the Palisade comes with 3rd row seating in the Santa Fe.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:31am On Jun 20, 2021
oride:

The Palisade is quite different from the Santa Fe. You are right though, for 2024 the Palisade comes with 3rd row seating in the Santa Fe.

Yes they are different Hyundai metamorphosized the Santa Fe XL to Palisade
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2021
seunoj:

Step down in terms maintenance cost n fuel efficiency but step up in terms of look n feel.
No step as vehicles are for mobility until u could afford an high end luxury.

Ur happiness is the key � like Nurey advised

my brother that's fact,until when someone attain the level where cost of maintenance and fuel is not an issue,that's when you will enjoy the qualities package in some rides.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TrebleChamp(m): 11:41am On Jun 20, 2021
nurey:

It is a Corolla in wagon form though check the engine fitted as some don't have the common 1zz and 2zz Corolla has. But they are generally reliable too
Noted sir, thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kingdemu: 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
nurey:

Does the step matter? If you like the Accord and comfortable with what you see in it buy because your happiness is all that matters
He's obviously this kinda guy that buys a car to impress people around him
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by fizcoo20(m): 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
Plz, his there any difference between Toyota camry pencil and drop lite.

Hope the car is rugged and fuel for a first timer.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2021
fizcoo20:

Thanks in anticipation.

Yes, there her differences between them. One light is “drop light” and the other one light is “pencil light”.

The car is very rugged and “fuel” for a first timer.

I recommend they

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
Philadelphia:

Yes, there her differences between them. One light is “drop light” and the other one light is “pencil light”.

I recommend they

pathetic attempt at ridiculing the poster's English fluency...
Is English his native language?
What is wrong with you?
I bet you wouldn't qualify for basic lexical grammar...

Mõřòň

17 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
fizcoo20:

Thanks in anticipation.
indeed it is. Avoid the v6 variant though

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by fizcoo20(m): 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2021
OfficialDJ:

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by fizcoo20(m): 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2021
Philadelphia:

I recommend they

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by emmyN(m): 4:12pm On Jun 20, 2021
donpaulo44:

Come on now, both cars are not of the same league. Why would you compare both? If you can foot the cash, I'll recommend you get the 2010.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2021
OfficialDJ:
pathetic attempt at ridiculing the poster's English fluency...
Is English his native language?
What is wrong with you?
I bet you wouldn't qualify for basic lexical grammar...

Mõřòň

You always love attention and you feed on it. I won’t feed the troll this time but I’d respond to your idiocy only once and for all.

I’m sure your wannabe CLS500 has frustrated you to the point that life holds no more meaning to you. Thus, you can’t decipher the sarcasm in my response.

For one who is a hypocrite as you are who thinks I’m mocking the OP’s grammar (not English fluency you moronic slowpoke), you are devoid of sound reasoning. One can go through your posts on NL and see that you’re the opposite of what you preach/teach.

Even the OP got the joke and appreciated my comment. Everyone else can see the joke in it except you who live in misery.

Sell off that piece of iron scrap you have in the name of CLS500 and breathe fresh air.

I won’t give you the privilege of further responding to your messages.

Half-bred guinea pig.

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by AstroG: 5:24pm On Jun 20, 2021
OfficialDJ:

This is a pathetic lie,the V6 is the best

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 5:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
AstroG:

This is a pathetic lie,the V6 is the best
did you see 'Fuel economy' as one of the features he's looking out for in a car?
FUEL ECONOMY negro.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by AstroG: 5:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
OfficialDJ:
did you see 'Fuel economy' as one of the features he's looking out for in a car?
FUEL ECONOMY negro.

Is the insult necessary?

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
Philadelphia:

You always love attention and you feed on it. I won’t feed the troll this time but I’d respond to your idiocy only once and for all.

I’m sure your wannabe CLS500 has frustrated you to the point that life holds no more meaning to you. Thus, you can’t decipher the sarcasm in my response.

For one who is a hypocrite as you are who thinks I’m mocking the OP’s grammar (not English fluency you moronic slowpoke), you are devoid of sound reasoning. One can go through your posts on NL and see that you’re the opposite of what you preach/teach.

Even the OP got the joke and appreciated my comment. Everyone else can see the joke in it except you who live in misery.

Sell off that piece of iron scrap you have in the name of CLS500 and breathe fresh air.

I won’t give you the privilege of further responding to your messages.

Half-bred guinea pig.
who did you give this to write for you? You dilapidated obtuse junk of a cretin grin

He asked for an honest review and of course with your idiotic, and half fried brain; you jumped at his post attacking his grammar...
You this illiterate Coccydynia who has a pedophilic tendency running across his generations...

My car gives you shitters much? K legged Loblolly..

You're a sorry excuse for a human and I'm obviously wasting my time insulting a hairy stupid Poltroon... grin

Do you honestly think that you can clapback at me? I'd give you another chance to do better, as this intended clapback is weaker than your erection..
You spineless albino Slubberdegullion...

Again, I'd like to kick you in the teeth, but why should I improve your looks?
You ugly Pilgarlic sorry excuse of a clown...
Jokes on your wife who made the decision to marry a chew bacon for a man...
I'd give you another try; obviously unintelligent nitwit... grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
AstroG:

Is the insult necessary?
excuse me? We are all negros.
How's calling you a negro offensive?
Calling a fellow black man a negro is never an insult

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oshdot(m): 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
OfficialDJ:
who did you give this to write for you? You dilapidated obtuse junk of a cretin grin

He asked for an honest review and of course with your idiotic, and half fried brain; you jumped at his post attacking his grammar...
You this illiterate Coccydynia who has a pedophilic tendency running across his generations...

You're a sorry excuse for a human and I'm obviously wasting my time insulting a hairy stupid Poltroon... grin

Do you honestly think that you can clapback at me? I'd give you another chance to do better, as this intended clapback is weaker than your erection..

shocked

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by VJSMILESS: 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
OfficialDJ:

who offend you bros grin grin shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kingdemu: 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
OfficialDJ:

Chai...why are u this wicked? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by NobleEngineer(m): 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
omg...omfg.
God which kain DJ is this that u put in our midst
OfficialDJ:

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DonnyE(m): 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
donpaulo44:

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by abeloureal(m): 11:26am On Jun 21, 2021
Hello Guys,

Please I need your help on cars
I stay in Lagos and I want to buy my first car next year (early next year).

I have a good taste for cars and since it’s my first I’ll need help and nairaland has always helped me one time or more.

My budget is around 2.5 million or at most 3 million. Please what car would you recommend? Why? And what is the price range?

Common cars I love are Venza, ES 350 (Lexus), Some Hydia I don’t know their names
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Gravatar: 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
abeloureal:
Hello Guys,

I have a good taste for cars and since it’s my first I’ll need help and nairaland has always helped me one time or more.

My budget is around 2.5 million or at most 3 million. Please what car would you recommend? Why? And what is the price range?

Common cars I love are Venza, ES 350 (Lexus), Some Hydia I don’t know their names

Bros, I don't mean to pour cold water on your ideas and plans, but that price range would currently get you a Corolla (2003 - 2008), perhaps an earlier ES 300/330 (2002 - 2004), for Foreign used vehicles.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
abeloureal:
Hello Guys,

You should see a clean Nigerian used ES350 with your budget. Toks? No.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Jamal64: 6:31pm On Jun 21, 2021
I just got a C300 and I will like to know what I need to do first off on the car before driving.

Do I need to change the oil and other stuffs?
What is the recommended oil for servicing and so many other input will help
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by AstroG: 6:42pm On Jun 21, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

You should see a clean Nigerian used ES350 with your budget. Toks? No.

He will get a sweet tons with that amount
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 9:06pm On Jun 21, 2021
abeloureal:
Hello Guys,

This may come hot but it’s the truth.
Wait till next year then return to ask for advice regarding your choice of car and budget. 2.5m to 3m may be further devalued by early next year (6+ months from now) and your choice may change before then. 6 months ago, 3m could have gotten you a toks 2007 ES350 but not now.

Just keep building your funds and when you’re ready to get your car; maybe 1 month to when you are going to pay, you can return here and inquire and I’m sure this will be more fruitful.
Cheers!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.