Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,376 members, 7,829,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (449308 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by eeewise(m): 11:53am On Aug 10, 2021
Thanks chief
Life saver
nurey:

If tokunbo very good, don't compromise on the fluid especially the gear fluid.

The parts are very strong and they do last, but the parts too are a bit high in cost because you will never see china parts of the vehicle.

I only know the suspension parts don't do well in water prone areas especially when your shaft rubber protector is bad allowing water, mud and sand enter the shaft.

I hope the Jetta you are talking about is the A5 2006 upwards
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 11:54am On Aug 10, 2021
Healthquest:
hi mam, I'm getting ds toks corrola manual 2003 for 1.8m, do u think it worth it plus it's first time and no experience,how difficult bfr I master d driving nd is it OK to consider at dat price Or I shd leave it, what abt maintainance and resale value. Kindly help
I am a man sir, toks manual for 1.8m is good, I drive a manual car but I don't know how convenient it will be for you driving one especially in traffic. My advice and learn how to drive first and see if you can cope.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Healthquest: 11:58am On Aug 10, 2021
ksmart027:

I am a man sir, toks manual for 1.8m is good, I drive a manual car but I don't know how convenient it will be for you driving one especially in traffic. My advice and learn how to drive first and see if you can cope.
I drive manual bfr but not for a long time, I will adapt hopefully... Atleast, I won't be able to borrow many pple who drive only auto

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by envarmp(m): 1:22pm On Aug 10, 2021
nurey:

Buy the toks because

1. As foreign used, fixes to be made would be minimal to naija used

2. The 05 and 06 is cheaper in maintenance and parts to the 07 upwards

3. Less abuse and better maintenance throughout it's service years for toks than naija used that has tasted our bad roads and low quality oil and gasoline.

I have been driving cars utilizing the K24 engine in the 05 and 06 and I have never had issues with the engine it is a solid rock

Thank you very much nurrey
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2021
Healthquest:
2t1br32e73c703159

Thanks so much, especially accident and millage

Orange colored 2003 Corolla. Last Odometer reading was reported in December 2017 to be 147,264 miles.
Had an impact in 2005. Wasn’t sold at an auction site.

Details for this vehicle are sketchy.
My advice is that you go with a competent mech and inspect. Car was definitely impacted.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Healthquest: 3:02pm On Aug 10, 2021
Philadelphia:

Orange colored 2003 Corolla. Last Odometer reading was reported in December 2017 to be 147,264 miles.
Had an impact in 2005. Wasn’t sold at an auction site.

Details for this vehicle are sketchy.
My advice is that you go with a competent mech and inspect. Car was definitely impacted.

thanks so much
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 7:44am On Aug 11, 2021
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 7:48am On Aug 11, 2021
Healthquest:
I drive manual bfr but not for a long time, I will adapt hopefully... Atleast, I won't be able to borrow many pple who drive only auto
Then go for it, but check for rust oo.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Yungbitz(m): 1:12am On Aug 12, 2021
I want to get a car soon. My budget is 2million. And I want a clean Tokunbo. I am torn between these cars in the order of personal preference

1. BMW 330i ZHP 2004/2005
2. BMW 325i 2004/2005
3. Acura TSX 2006/2007
4. Honda Accord 2005

Which would you suggest considering their pros and cons, my budget, their looks and prestige .
NB.. I am not a Toyota fan and budget can be stretched to 2.5m. Monthly disposable income currently over 250k

Cc Chukel
Cc HeavenlyBang
Cc Philadelphia
Cc uboma
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 6:20am On Aug 12, 2021
Yungbitz:
I want to get a car soon. My budget is 2million. And I want a clean Tokunbo. I am torn between these cars

2. BMW 325i 2004/2005
3. Acura TSX 2007
4. Honda Accord 2005

Which would you suggest considering their pros and cons, my budget and a car I can use for say 2- 3 years and still love it. I am not a Toyota fan and Lexus is just everywhere aside the fact I dont like their interiors

Cc Kingrein
Cc HeavenlyBang
Cc Philadelphia

I’ll suggest you take the 2005 i4 Accord. It comfortable fits into your budget.
It’s easy to get parts and fix. The engine bay isn’t cramped, offers better quality ride and superb handling compared to the Camry of same year, not much of a magnet to robbers (but add security cos it’s desired up north). Overall, it’s a great car even if it’s your first car.

However, give it the due attention when servicing and repairs come to be.

If it’s not your first car, I will suggest that you can look at the way of the TSX. But you will need to make your budget between 2m - 2.5m for the TSX of that year.
The TSX is practically an accord but with slightly more expensive and scarce body parts.
Goodluck to you on your choice.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 10:13am On Aug 12, 2021
Yungbitz:
I want to get a car soon. My budget is 2million. And I want a clean Tokunbo. I am torn between these cars

2. BMW 325i 2004/2005
3. Acura TSX 2007
4. Honda Accord 2005

Which would you suggest considering their pros and cons, my budget and a car I can use for say 2- 3 years and still love it. I am not a Toyota fan and Lexus is just everywhere aside the fact I dont like their interiors

Cc Kingrein
Cc HeavenlyBang
Cc Philadelphia
HONDA ACCORD 2005!!!

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Yungbitz(m): 12:39pm On Aug 12, 2021
lagusboyyy:
HONDA ACCORD 2005!!!
And what if I take the Honda Accord out of the equation? Cos it is actually my least preferred vehicle among the list. Budget can be increased up to 2.5m
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2021
Yungbitz:

And what if I take the Honda Accord out of the equation? Cos it is actually my least preferred vehicle among the list. Budget can be increased up to 2.5m

ES330?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Yungbitz(m): 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

ES330?
Nah. My homie owns a clean one and I don't like it one bit as a car to own.. I prefer something compact and yet sleek. I ain't got a family yet
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2021
Yungbitz:

Nah. My homie owns a clean one and I don't like it one bit as a car to own.. I prefer something compact and yet sleek. I ain't got a family yet
what of the 2006-2007 accord(Discussion continues) its a sweet ride,but is like you are more interested in the Acura.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Yungbitz(m): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2021
dadabashua1:
what of the 2006-2007 accord(Discussion continues) its a sweet ride,but is like you are more interested in the Acura.
I may have to look more into this. I don't like the rear design of this model. I just want something that stands out and is fun through the years of owning it. I am in Abuja by the way
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Cvesta(m): 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2021
Yungbitz:
I want to get a car soon. My budget is 2million. And I want a clean Tokunbo. I am torn between these cars in the order of personal preference

2. BMW 325i 2004/2005
3. Acura TSX 2007
4. Honda Accord 2005

Which would you suggest considering their pros and cons, my budget and a car I can use for say 2- 3 years and still love it. I am not a Toyota fan aside the fact I dont like their interiors

NB..
Budget can be stretched to 2.5m. Monthly disposable income currently over 250k

Cc Chukel
Cc HeavenlyBang
Cc Philadelphia
Cc uboma
Try an Accord as suggested by someone above

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Cvesta(m): 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2021
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Cvesta(m): 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2021
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by IKON360(m): 5:52pm On Aug 12, 2021
Yungbitz:

The Acura
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by IKON360(m): 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2021
Yungbitz, BMW's are fun cars to own but you need to pay extreme attention to them. And have a trustworthy mechanic that actually knows what he is doing. One guy in our church was BMW mechanic and that was the only car he ever used and he didn't use them for a long time too. If you are such a person, then you can go for the BMW if not, just go with the Acura
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Yungbitz(m): 6:45pm On Aug 12, 2021
IKON360:
Yungbitz, BMW's are fun cars to own but you need to pay extreme attention to them. And have a trustworthy mechanic that actually knows what he is doing. One guy in our church was BMW mechanic and that was the only car he ever used and he didn't use them for a long time too. If you are such a person, then you can go for the BMW if not, just go with the Acura

Thanks for this.. I know BMW's can be problematic that is why i am not interested in anything higher than 2005 currently, less electrical issues to contend with. I would appreciate anyone who has a personal experience with any of the above bmw and Acuras.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by chukel(m): 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2021
Yungbitz:

2. BMW 325i 2004/2005
3. Acura TSX 2006/2007
4. Honda Accord 2005

Which would you suggest considering their pros and cons, my budget, their looks and prestige .
NB.. I am not a Toyota fan and budget can be stretched to 2.5m. Monthly disposable income currently over 250k

Cc Chukel
Cc HeavenlyBang
Cc Philadelphia
Cc uboma
i would pick the TSX. Very strong build. Not too common. Basically an accord. Mechanical parts are everywhere and affordable. Body parts are expensive but then you wont be replacing body parts every month unless you bash regularly. Perfomance of an acura is top notch. Go for the tsx. 2nd choice should be 325i. Would have said 330i zhp, but e scaaarce and needs more attention. But you must be an enthusiast to enjoy bmw. Let me know if you need a pre-order
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2021
Yungbitz:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<||||||||||||

For peace of mind :::::::::>>>>>>>>>>>> HONDA ACCORD 2005.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Yungbitz(m): 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2021
chukel:
i would pick the TSX. Very strong build. Not too common. Basically an accord. Mechanical parts are everywhere and affordable. Body parts are expensive but then you wont be replacing body parts every month unless you bash regularly. Perfomance of an acura is top notch. Go for the tsx. 2nd choice should be 325i. Would have said 330i zhp, but e scaaarce and needs more attention. But you must be an enthusiast to enjoy bmw. Let me know if you need a pre-order
thanks, what would a 325i likely cost? Average price
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 11:53pm On Aug 12, 2021
lagusboyyy:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<||||||||||||

For peace of mind :::::::::>>>>>>>>>>>> HONDA ACCORD 2005.

Peace of mind even with a shitty maintenance culture
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nifemi25(m): 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2021
chukel:
i would pick the TSX. Very strong build. Not too common. Basically an accord. Mechanical parts are everywhere and affordable. Body parts are expensive but then you wont be replacing body parts every month unless you bash[b][/b] regularly. Perfomance of an acura is top notch. Go for the tsx. 2nd choice should be 325i. Would have said 330i zhp, but e scaaarce and needs more attention. But you must be an enthusiast to enjoy bmw. Let me know if you need a pre-order
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Healthquest: 3:04am On Aug 15, 2021
drakeskull:

Peace of mind even with a shitty maintenance culture
wat are u insinuating wen u say shitty maintainance culture. Am here to learn pls, is it dt accord is hard to maintain or no problem maintainning d car.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 6:33am On Aug 15, 2021
Healthquest:
wat are u insinuating wen u say shitty maintainance culture. Am here to learn pls, is it dt accord is hard to maintain or no problem maintainning d car.

No car no matter how reliable would give you peace of mind if maintenance culture of the user is poor
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by yak(m): 1:46pm On Aug 15, 2021
ksmart027:

You budget wouldn't get you a naija used Corolla.

But should get a good Honda Civic 2004-06 I guess
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Mercyooo: 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2021
Hi
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by shalumzy: 12:46am On Aug 18, 2021
Cvesta:

Try an Accord as suggested by someone above

Please I'd like to know how much a 2001/2002 Naija-used Honda Accord goes for?

And is it a suitable replacement to the Corolla for e-hailing bizness? That is if one cannot afford the 2003 Corolla please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

Viewing this topic: maik99(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.