Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,912 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444995 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by osaggy(m): 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2021
DukeNija:

For your 1st car I’ll recommend the Camry over the Lexus Is 250 for reliability and cost of ownership.
The Camry is one of the most reliable if not the most reliable car in the world. Go for the 2009 - 2010 model and thank me later.
If you want a Lexus the ES 350 will be a better bet because it’s more reliable than the Is. Unfortunately, you’ll need to up your budget cos it’s in the range of 3.8 - 4.5m.

you too much baba!! thanks a bunch, i appreciate the recommendation. Camry 2010 it is then.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Jodesky(m): 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2021
OfficialDJ:
Es350, Glk350,Toyota corolla, c300 2008-2013 to an extent, are the predominantly owned cars by these fraudsters...
I still stand by my words, the RX hasn't been casted yet in terms of use by fraudsters

The RX is now the official SUV of the G-boyz. Ask the nearest Police guy ...

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 6:46pm On Aug 03, 2021
DukeNija:

For your 1st car I’ll recommend the Camry over the Lexus Is 250 for reliability and cost of ownership.
The Camry is one of the most reliable if not the most reliable car in the world. Go for the 2009 - 2010 model and thank me later.
If you want a Lexus the ES 350 will be a better bet because it’s more reliable than the Is. Unfortunately, you’ll need to up your budget cos it’s in the range of 3.8 - 4.5m.
the V6 or the i4
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nezzjnr: 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2021
I'm a big Fan of Honda Pilot (New models) and Toyota Prado.... Though I never get money buy the tyres sef cheesy cheesy... But God will make it happen.

So between those 2 cars... Which is more better
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mattbass(m): 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nezzjnr:
I'm a big Fan of Honda Pilot (New models) and Toyota Prado.... Though I never get money buy the tyres sef cheesy cheesy... But God will make it happen.

Just buy the two hahahah

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nezzjnr: 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2021
mattbass:

Just buy the two hahahah
Na just one i go need na cheesy cheesy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2021
Nezzjnr:

TOYOTA PRADO!!!

Why do you think that our polithiefcians(sic) love the ride and its senior brother(landcruiser)so much

Its exotic,reliable and durable.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2021
osaggy:
hello brothers.

I'm getting my first car next month, my budget is 2.7m - 3.3m max. Currently very undecided yet, I'm looking for something portable/mid-size... the ones I am considering are:

Lexus Is 250/350
MB c300 2010 (neat Nigerian used)
Clean Camry muscle 2010

I am open to options outside this.

Considering it is my first car, I want something that wouldn't stress me so much in terms of maintenance.
Since you dont want a car that will really stress you OUT,go for that Toyota Camry.

But for more Elagance and Stylish ride,your best bet is the Lexus ES,remove that IS please.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nezzjnr: 4:03pm On Aug 04, 2021
lagusboyyy:
TOYOTA PRADO!!!

Why do you think that our polithiefcians(sic) love the ride and its senior brother(landcruiser)so much

Its exotic,reliable and durable.
Does it have a sweet ride compared to the Honda pilot
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 4:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Absolutely!

If it was the other way round,these big men would have been using HONDA PILOT the more.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by de3lar(m): 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2021
Yo!

How are we doing guys, please how often do I need to change the transmission fluid for Toyota Corolla 2009 LE.

Also, which type of fluid is the best for the car.

Cc nurey lagusboyyy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2021
de3lar:
Yo!

How are we doing guys, please how often do I need to change the transmission fluid for Toyota Corolla 2009 LE.

Cc nurey lagusboyyy
Hey bro!

Even though, we all have different ways we handle our cars, and how best we do regular servicing.

I always recommend strict compliance to owners manual or engaging the inputs of your trusted and reliable auto technicians.

Check Gravatar post where his own opinion about the recommended transmission fluid is shared.

I hope this helps.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Absolutely!

If it was the other way round,these big men would have been using HONDA PILOT the more.

That's not true at all, lmao. The Pilot rides and drives better than the Prado.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Gravatar: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Hey bro!

The recommended transmission fluid for the 2009 corolla is Dexron viATF as the manufacturer claims.

The ATF fluid should be serviced and flushed at every 60,000 miles.

I hope this helps.

Bros, sometimes googling and just posting the first answer you come across can lead to propagating potentially incorrect information and get people who come here seeking advice in trouble.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2021
Gravatar:

Bros, sometimes googling and just posting the first answer you come across can lead to propagating potentially incorrect information and get people who come here seeking advice in trouble.
There is something called OWNERS MANUAL.

If not because of the rate of poverty and disregard for guidelines, its adviced to always follow strict manufacturers manuals.

Do you know that there are some exotic cars that you strictly must follow what the manufacturers specify or things go wrong.

Thats why i outlined the manufacturers specifications in my post, if you think you can offer the OP your own apt opinions, you should please contribute.

Its a public forum, we all have different opinions and suggestions.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Gravatar: 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2021
ATF Type WS is the recommended ATF for the 2009 US spec Corolla.

Is it comparable to Dexron VI? Perhaps. But it's best to stick to the manufacturer recommendations.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Gravatar: 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2021
lagusboyyy:
There is something called OWNERS MANUAL.

If not because of the rate of poverty and disregard for guidelines, its adviced to always follow strict manufacturers manuals.

Do you know that there are some exotic cars that you strictly must follow what the manufacturers specify or things go wrong.

Thats why i outlined the manufacturers specifications in my post, if you think you can offer the OP your own apt opinions, you should please contribute.

Its a public forum, we all have different opinions and suggestions.

This argument you want to start.

Bros, this is the 2009 Corolla OWNERS MANUAL.

What does the manual recommend?

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

That's not true at all, lmao. The Pilot rides and drives better than the Prado.
I differ on this boss.

I have driven a 2011 Honda Pilot couple of times, and i have also have the opportunity to handle the wheels of a 2010 prado, i enjoyed the ride quality of the Toyota Prado more.

Honda Pilot is no doubt good, but its not meant for bad roads and rugged terrain idealy, which prado will perfectly swag with.

If Honda Pilot was the better SUV, it would have been widely used by our ogas at the top na.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2021
Gravatar:

This argument you want to start.

Bros, this is the 2009 Corolla OWNERS MANUAL.

What does the manual recommend?
I'm not even interested in any argument.

Its a public forum with different suggestions and opinions, anything that is OKAY by you is also your own personal thoughts.

YOU WIN!!!

Just give the OP what you think is the best clarification to his question.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Gravatar: 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2021
lagusboyyy:
I'm not even interested in any argument.

Its a public forum with different suggestions and opinions, anything that is OKAY by you is also your own personal thoughts.

YOU WIN!!!

Just give the OP what you think is the best clarification to his question.

Bros, there are different enquiries posted on this thread, which require different types of responses.

Nezzjnr:

This is a subjective question. It calls for opinions, which would invariably differ depending on various points of view. You picked the Prado, Heavenlybang chose the Pilot.

de3lar:
Yo!

Cc nurey lagusboyyy

This, on the other hand, requires an objective, legitimate fact based response. These are the more important questions, wrong answers can lead to wrong decisions and problems for the car owner.

My point: Try not to offer an opinion when a fact is required or necessary.

The manufacturer recommended ATF, and the correct ATF, is ATF WS.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 7:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
Gravatar:

Bros, there are different enquiries posted on this thread, which require different types of responses.

This is a subjective question. It calls for opinions, which would invariably differ depending on various points of view. You picked the Prado, Heavenlybang chose the Pilot.

This, on the other hand, requires an objective, legitimate fact based response. These are the more important questions, wrong answers can lead to wrong decisions and problems for the car owner.
You are spot on boss.

I will modify the post and refer to yours.

Thanks for the headup.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Gravatar: 7:44pm On Aug 04, 2021
lagusboyyy:
You are spot on boss.

I will modify the post and refer to yours.

Thanks for the headup.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2021
lagusboyyy:
I differ on this boss.

I have driven a 2011 Honda Pilot couple of times, and i have also have the opportunity to handle the wheels of a 2010 prado, i enjoyed the ride quality of the Toyota Prado more.

Honda Pilot is no doubt good, but its not meant for bad roads and rugged terrain idealy, which prado will perfectly swag with.

If Honda Pilot was the better SUV, it would have been widely used by our ogas at the top na.

From you comment in bold, you didn’t make any point based on fact (mechanically or statistically speaking). You just “said something”.
Thus, I can tell you that you haven’t even held the steering of either.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Timblogga: 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2021
Jodesky:

The RX is now the official SUV of the G-boyz. Ask the nearest Police guy ...
you and OfficialDJ

Teenage talks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:26pm On Aug 04, 2021
lagusboyyy:
I differ on this boss.

Ride quality has nothing to do with this.

No shiit, a body on frame vehicle is better for bad terrain than a unibody one. The reverse is also the case when it comes to ride and drive feel.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 9:59pm On Aug 04, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Ride quality has nothing to do with this.

No shiit, a body on frame vehicle is better for bad terrain than a unibody one. The reverse is also the case when it comes to ride and drive feel.
Even if I'm woken up from an alcohol induced deep sleep: If I'm given the option to pick between HONDA PILOT and TOYOTA PRADO.

I wont hesitate before picking the prado, it's the better of the two SUVs.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Even if I'm woken up from an alcohol induced deep sleep: If I'm given the option to pick between HONDA PILOT and TOYOTA PRADO.

K.

7 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by quest4s: 1:09am On Aug 05, 2021
Someone abroad sent the pictures to me

Parker6:
Where did you find the vehicle? Online website?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Peterlove11: 1:08pm On Aug 05, 2021
lagusboyyy:

Lol.... Honda Pilot is one of the most underrated SUV in Nigeria. Daily driving one has changed my view about Hondas and cars generally. Haven't driven a Prado. So I Can't compare. But Pilot is good

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 1:54pm On Aug 05, 2021
Peterlove11:

Lol.... Honda Pilot is one of the most underrated SUV in Nigeria. Daily driving one has changed my view about Hondas and cars generally. Haven't driven a Prado. So I Can't compare. But Pilot is good
I also love Honda.

But i prefer their sedans more than the SUVs siblings.

Maybe, because I'm more of a sedan type of guy though.

In my personal opinion, Prado is the better SUV between the two.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by sbot: 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2021
Great men,

Please what’s your opinion about a 2010 E350 and also a 2010 C300?

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 7:56pm On Aug 05, 2021
sbot:
Great men,

Please what’s your opinion about a 2010 E350 and also a 2010 C300?

Thanks
Both are great German machines, very durable and reliable when maintained diligently.

Maintenance is on the high side though, but you that narrowed your options to these two should be capable.

MERCEDES BENZ E350: Midsize Executive car.

MERCEDES BENZ C300: Compact luxury car.

MY CHOICE : If i was in your shoes, i will go with the Mercedes benz c class.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.