Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (449447 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2021
sbot:
Great men,

Please what’s your opinion about a 2010 E350 and also a 2010 C300?

Thanks

E350 and it's not even close.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KingRex1(m): 12:02am On Aug 06, 2021
@lagusboyyy and @nurey kindly give me your take on Peugeot 407 (2007-2012)
Comparing it with corolla (2008-2012)
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KingRex1(m): 12:05am On Aug 06, 2021
Hevenlybang, lagusboyyy and nurey kindly give me your take on Peugeot 407 (2007-2012)
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:25am On Aug 06, 2021
KingRex1:
@lagusboyyy and @nurey kindly give me your take on Peugeot 407 (2007-2012)

407 came with a big bang into the Nigerian market, it was good all round, affordable and even Gazzuzz as at a time adviced to be used for Uber, some did buy. Peugeot isn't offered in US so reason for it's little presence I don't know much about it's auto transmission but for pug, manual is mostly adviced.

Peugeot would get you pass every check point hastle free, it doesn't like abuse and the parts are extremely cheap from engine down to the smallest bolt.

Toyota Corolla on the other hand needs no introduction, it's a Nigerian citizen that has come to stay, affordable, reliable and dependable though the 08 to 12 isnts as rugged as it's predecessor but it would also serve well, good resale value and a bit exquisite than it's predecessor.

Picking from the 2 depends on what you need but the Corolla is a swiss knife and would work and fit anywhere you want

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KingRex1(m): 9:56am On Aug 06, 2021
nurey:

407 came with a big bang into the Nigerian market, it was good all round, affordable and even Gazzuzz as at a time adviced to be used for Uber, some did buy. Peugeot isn't offered in US so reason for it's little presence I don't know much about it's auto transmission but for pug, manual is mostly adviced.

Peugeot would get you pass every check point hastle free, it doesn't like abuse and the parts are extremely cheap from engine down to the smallest bolt.

Toyota Corolla on the other hand needs no introduction, it's a Nigerian citizen that has come to stay, affordable, reliable and dependable though the 08 to 12 isnts as rugged as it's predecessor but it would also serve well, good resale value and a bit exquisite than it's predecessor.

Picking from the 2 depends on what you need but the Corolla is a swiss knife and would work and fit anywhere you want

Respect. Corrolla it is!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
KingRex1:
Hevenlybang, lagusboyyy and nurey kindly give me your take on Peugeot 407 (2007-2012)
Peugeot 407 is a strong and durable car bro,once its properly serviced as at when due.

Only following of the crowd is making us stick with nothing but TOYOTA in the south here.

Go to Northern Nigeria and see more of Peugeots and Hondas, and they are serving well.

But if you want to get Peugeot, i advice you go with the manual tranny, they are more powerful and stronger than automatic.
Anyday, anytime.. European cars are more better ride than its Asian counterparts.

Concerning the 08-12 Toyota Corolla, its not so rugged like its predecessor, but its more sleek looking.

If you can see a well maintained Peugeot 407, go for it, and do your maintenance diligently on it, but if not, jejely try your luck with the Corolla.

Best of luck bro.

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Peugeot 407 is a strong and durable car bro,once its properly serviced as at when due.

Only following of the crowd is making us stick with nothing but TOYOTA in the south here.

Go to Northern Nigeria and see more of Peugeots and Hondas, and they are serving well.

But if you want to get Peugeot, i advice you go with the manual tranny, they are more powerful and stronger than automatic.
Anyday, anytime.. European cars are more better ride than its Asian counterparts.

Concerning the 08-12 Toyota Corolla, its not so rugged like its predecessor, but its more sleek looking.

If you can see a well maintained Peugeot 407, go for it, and do your maintenance diligently on it, but if not, jejely try your luck with the Corolla.

Best of luck bro.
I agree with you 100%,my views about other brands Honda in particular changed when I moved to the North,the south is strictly nothing other than Toyota,Benz and Lexus,I might be wrong sha,but when you see how good other brands are doing up north,I'm forced to believe that the north has better mechanics than south and are more transparent, not taking anything away from the south,its just an observation when compare to south,their cars are by far in better shape than south,and its not about the roads,cos even the parts with bad roads seems to have different car brands running on a daily basis with little to no issues.

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
dadabashua1:
I agree with you 100%,my views about other brands Honda in particular changed when I moved to the North,the south is strictly nothing other than Toyota,Benz and Lexus,I might be wrong sha,but when you see how good other brands are doing up north,I'm forced to believe that the north has better mechanics than south and are more transparent, not taking anything away from the south,its just an observation when compare to south,their cars are by far in better shape than south,and its not about the roads,cos even the parts with bad roads seems to have different car brands running on a daily basis with little to no issues.
Thanks Baba.

But honestly, there are factors that contributes to the diversity in usage of different bands of cars in the North:

* Good roads, unlike South that is mostly rainforest region, the North is usually not characterized with occasional rainfalls that easily damage roads, so they enjoy good and straight lined roads because of their topography.

* Honesty, i will be so honest here, majority of Northerners will be honest with you straight from the start, unlike here, where there is lot of manipulations and get quick rich syndrome.

Most auto mechanics in the North will be straight forward and attend to your car with the right spare parts and honest approach.

So lesser problems with your various cars.

* Military, this also play a major role in the North, different brands are always use over there by service men,especially Peugeot and Honda, and you know Northern part of Nigeria is mostly induced with military participation.

Like, you are even going to be more respected in a green colored, black tinted Peugeot 504 or 505 than in a 2015 Mercedes Benz c class.

Cos, those cars are mostly used by top military men in the past, and latest models are still being used by them.

So Northern Nigeria is simply the zone to enjoy varieties of autos.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 9:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Thanks Baba.

But honestly, there are factors that contributes to the diversity in usage of different bands of cars in the North:

* Good roads, unlike South that is mostly rainforest region, the North is usually not characterized with occasional rainfalls that easily damage roads, so they enjoy good and straight lined roads because of their topography.

* Honesty, i will be so honest here, majority of Northerners will be honest with you straight from the start, unlike here, where there is lot of manipulations and get quick rich syndrome.

Most auto mechanics in the North will be straight forward and attend to your car with the right spare parts and honest approach.

So lesser problems with your various cars.

* Military, this also play a major role in the North, different brands are always use over there by service men,especially Peugeot and Honda, and you know Northern part of Nigeria is mostly induced with military participation.

Like, you are even going to be more respected in a green colored, black tinted Peugeot 504 or 505 than in a 2015 Mercedes Benz c class.

Cos, those cars are mostly used by top military men in the past, and latest models are still being used by them.

So Northern Nigeria is simply the zone to enjoy varieties of autos.
true

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KingRex1(m): 7:49am On Aug 07, 2021
lagusboyyy:

Best of luck bro.

Thanks man, this insight is hugely appreciated
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 10:02am On Aug 07, 2021
KingRex1:

Thanks man, this insight is hugely appreciated
You are welcome Boss.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Openpeace: 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
Please guys I'm thinking of RDX OR MDX ACURA 2010 or lesser
I'm on a budget 3M

What's your take on these choices.

WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ollykay619(m): 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Openpeace:
I'm on a budget 3M

WhatsApp

Interested in this too. 2010 or higher.

Your opinion on this bosses.

Nurey, heavenlybang, kingreign etc
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:25pm On Aug 07, 2021
Openpeace:
I'm on a budget 3M

WhatsApp

MDX is the overall better vehicle to own. For MDX stick with 09 or 2010, Avoid tech package if you can to forestall heavy maintenance bills
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:48pm On Aug 07, 2021
ollykay619:

MDX.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rejuvenation26: 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2021
Good day gurus in de house

Please I want to know about de Honda civic, I learned is fuel economical just like corolla, does it also have any problem one need to watch out for? I intend buying one for bolt job, I'm working on a budget of 1.1m

Which year of de car is perfect to go for?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
Rejuvenation26:
Good day gurus in de house

Please I want to know about de Honda civic, I learned is fuel economical just like corolla, does it also have any problem one need to watch out for? I intend buying one for bolt job, I'm working on a budget of 1.1m

Which year of de car is perfect to go for?

Any year that fits in your budget And is acceptable by the E-hailing platform is good. Civic is the best thing after indomie and eggs

6 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
;
nurey:

Any year that fits in your budget And is acceptable by the E-hailing platform is good. Civic is the best thing after indomie and eggs
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rejuvenation26: 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2021
nurey:

OK thanks you boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Openpeace: 5:07pm On Aug 07, 2021
ollykay619:

Thanks alot
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Openpeace: 5:07pm On Aug 07, 2021
nurey:

MDX is the overall better vehicle to own. For MDX stick with 09 or 2010, Avoid tech package if you can to forestall heavy maintenance bills
I appreciate
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by sbot: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Both are great German machines, very durable and reliable when maintained diligently.

Maintenance is on the high side though, but you that narrowed your options to these two should be capable.

MERCEDES BENZ E350: Midsize Executive car.

MERCEDES BENZ C300: Compact luxury car.

MY CHOICE : If i was in your shoes, i will go with the Mercedes benz c class.

Thanks boss.

If you don’t mind me asking, what’d inform your decision to go with the C300, please?
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by UncutSk(m): 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2021
ultrazone:

Please help choose the better one, with reasons. Thank you.
buy Toyota for reliability
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
sbot:

Thanks boss.

If you don’t mind me asking, what’d inform your decision to go with the C300, please?
Thanks
It will be easier for you to maintain than its bigger brother (remember its a compact sedan), lesser consumption of gas and lesser cost of spare parts.

And in my own personal opinion, i love its look than the E class.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by AstroG: 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2021
UncutSk:
buy Toyota for reliability

Oh really undecided??
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by sbot: 5:02am On Aug 08, 2021
lagusboyyy:
It will be easier for you to maintain than its bigger brother (remember its a compact sedan), lesser consumption of gas and lesser cost of spare parts.

And in my own personal opinion, i love its look than the E class.
Appreciate the explanations boss.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 6:38am On Aug 08, 2021
KingRex1:
If you stay here in the south, it's a no brainer.
Go for the corolla but comprehensively insure it o.
Which mechanic will you give the 407 to here? They will just kill it for you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 7:02am On Aug 08, 2021
Openpeace:
I'm on a budget 3M

WhatsApp

3M would have been okay for a 2010 MDX as at this time last year. Not anymore. The car is gaining in popularity because other available options are becoming too expensive. Budget about N3.5M and above to land a sound one.

The RDX is more fuel efficient than the mdx but less roomy. The mdx is less fuel efficient but more roomy and drives great.

Whichever you chose, let me be plug if you want to preorder. I drive the mdx by the way and it's been good to me.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:23am On Aug 08, 2021
9icetoo:

3M would have been okay for a 2010 MDX as at this time last year. Not anymore. The car is gaining in popularity because other available options are becoming too expensive. Budget about N3.5M and above to land a sound one.

The RDX is more fuel efficient than the mdx but less roomy. The mdx is less fuel efficient but more roomy and drives great.

Whichever you chose, let me be plug if you want to preorder. I drive the mdx by the way and it's been good to me.

The RDX should drive better, no? Same SH-AWD while weighing a lot less and having a shorter wheelbase.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Openpeace: 10:41am On Aug 08, 2021
9icetoo:

I'd like to go with the MDX then 2010.
Let's see available one, gray colour or bright colors but not black.

Thank you for your response, but I'd like cash and carry abeg.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by envarmp(m): 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2021
Good Morning House.

I want to get my FIRST CAR this month.
I’d be driving in Lagos.
I’ve never used a car so I don’t have much experience with cars.
I do not want a Sedan, I prefer an SUV.

MY BUDGET IS 2M
(Please Feel free to make suggestions above this budget, I’d greatly appreciate)

My consideration is the HONDA CR-V 2007 or 2008

I’d really appreciate experienced suggestions.
Thank you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
sbot:
Appreciate the explanations boss.
You are welcome sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.