Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,372 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444465 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Scholarsticchai: 5:57pm On Feb 15
SCARED OF NIGERIA USED VEHICLES I DONT EVEN HAVE A TRUSTED PLUG...

WHAT WILL THAT BUDGET GET ME FOR TOKS

Itsrm:

Will get you a 2012+ Camry/2014+ accord. Naija used.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Itsrm(m): 6:05pm On Feb 15
Scholarsticchai:

You can get toks between 8-10m. The problem with toks is getting a decent unit that was not heavily accidented. Due to exchange rate, clearing cost and the need to break even, you won't believe the kind of cars our dealers now import.

And I won't advice you to import yourself. Due to instability of exchange rate and clearing cost, you can easily spend 15m.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Percival9(m): 10:39am On Feb 16
Scholarsticchai:

Avoid toks now custom clearance rate increased

And toks doesnt guarantee you get good car. A friend buy toks within 2weeks he changed gearbox,brakepad and steering rack

Just get yourself a nigerian used go with experienced mechanic SCAN AND CHECK THE CAR WELL

GO FOR 2013 HONDA ACCORD EX OR EXL
5-6M

Dont burn out your budget

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by bolakale30(m): 11:41am On Feb 18
Hello everyone, I have 2M, not an experienced driver...I need car recommendations.

Office to house... Mostly.

What would you recommend, sirs?

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Percival9(m): 7:24am On Feb 22
bolakale30:
Hello everyone, I have 2M, not an experienced driver...I need car recommendations.

Office to house... Mostly.

What would you recommend, sirs?

Honda EOD
PEUGEOT 206,307 (MASSIVE FUEL ECONOMY)
CAMRY PENCIL LIGHT

All these arent up to 2M nigerian used

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Konquest: 1:11am On Feb 25
Charlssey:
Hello everyone

I reside in the UK and I wanted to upgrade my car to an SUV.

I'm torn between a 2015 lexus Nx 300H (F Sport variant) and a 2015 Mazda Cx-5 (automatic, 2.2L Skyactive Diesel AWD, Sport Nav trim)
The lexus is more reliable, but the Mazda is a handling beast and has good reliability too for that year, compared to a BMW X3/X5.
I'm not sure if the F Sport Lexus Nx handling matches the Cx-5's

I'm only concerned about handling, driver-assist technology, cabin quality and overall driving/ownership experience

What are your thoughts please? I'll definitely test drive both before finalising my choice.

Or can you recommend any other SUV with the handling of a Cx5 and the reliability/interior of a lexus? 😂
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Anonymousbobo: 11:29am On Mar 20
Good day bosses, I’m looking to buy my first car with a budget of around 4-5M, though I have a good experience with cars but I need the OGs advice and choices on the best car I can get in that range
Nigerian used or foreign used any of them
I had a Honda accord 2010, a Lexus ES330, a Toyota Camry 2010 and some Hyundai or Kia series in mind I really don’t like the Toyota Corolla series

Cc Nurey
Kingreign
Heavenlybang
Gazzuzz
And all other OGs
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zeenaman: 10:33am On Mar 24
Percival9:

Honda EOD
CAMRY PENCIL LIGHT

Sir, you have idea of 307 direct Belgium price?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 4:57am On Mar 25
Anonymousbobo:
Good day bosses, I’m looking to buy my first car with a budget of around 4-5M, though I have a good experience with cars but I need the OGs advice and choices on the best car I can get in that range
Nigerian used or foreign used any of them
I had a Honda accord 2010, a Lexus ES330, a Toyota Camry 2010 and some Hyundai or Kia series in mind I really don’t like the Toyota Corolla series

Cc Nurey
Kingreign
Heavenlybang
Gazzuzz
And all other OGs
Do the 010 accord jejely (4 cylinder). You can also do the es330 (if fueling no be problem).
Most importantly, use a very good mechanic for pre-purchase inspection
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Percival9(m): 4:30pm On Mar 27
zeenaman:

Sir, you have idea of 307 direct Belgium price?
Nothing less than 3.5m
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Starboytwo(m): 4:56pm On Mar 27
Percival9:

Honda EOD
CAMRY PENCIL LIGHT

. Is Honda EOD a good go.

New owner, new driver. So help me God.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by shegzdee(m): 4:18am On Mar 29
Good morning guys , please I need you guys advice . I’m in the process of buying my first car and I don’t want to buy problem for myself my budget is between 4-5 and I want to ask this car brand hope they are good enough ( Acura mdx 2005 , Toyota Highlander 2003, HONDA) or if you have any suggestion for me please let me know
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by searchng4love: 4:41am On Mar 29
shegzdee:
Good morning guys , please I need you guys advice . I’m in the process of buying my first car and I don’t want to buy problem for myself my budget is between 4-5 and I want to ask this car brand hope they are good enough ( Acura mdx 2005 , Toyota Highlander 2003, HONDA) or if you have any suggestion for me please let me know

Toyota Camry muscle sports edition. 4 cylinders engine. And invest a little in a diagnostic tool. As well as joining an online platform where users of same car discuss their problems and solutions.

I'm a Mercedes fan but can't recommend such to a first user.

Meanwhile also invest in traditional padlocks for the pedals.....even if you're parking for 5 minutes. Lock am. Insure am comprehensively.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by searchng4love: 4:45am On Mar 29
Percival9:

Honda EOD
CAMRY PENCIL LIGHT

Have you seen the Peugeot in an accident? Kindly also consider safety when recommending cars.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by shegzdee(m): 10:35am On Mar 29
searchng4love:

Toyota Camry muscle sports edition. 4 cylinders engine. And invest a little in a diagnostic tool. As well as joining an online platform where users of same car discuss their problems and solutions.

I'm a Mercedes fan but can't recommend such to a first user.

Meanwhile also invest in traditional padlocks for the pedals.....even if you're parking for 5 minutes. Lock am. Insure am comprehensively.
how much is the Toyota Camry muscle se sir ?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 4:08am On Mar 31
shegzdee:

You didn't state the honda model to compare with
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by shegzdee(m): 5:21am On Mar 31
olumzzz:

You didn't state the honda model to compare with
v
Crosstour or civic.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 11:38am On Mar 31
shegzdee:
v
Crosstour or civic.
Then it's the highlander or crosstour then.
If you're going for the v6 crosstour, check for 2013 above only because of problem VCM in older models
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by shegzdee(m): 9:21pm On Mar 31
olumzzz:

Then it's the highlander or crosstour then.
If you're going for the v6 crosstour, check for 2013 above only because of problem VCM in older models
Alright thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by chido20(m): 10:44pm On Mar 31
Please guys. I want to purchase a 2012 Acura ZDX any advice?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tivta(m): 4:23pm On Apr 01
Very educative and informative thread, glad to see we still have mature adults here on nairaland.
Please gurus, what car or vehicle would you advice a first time buyer to go for? He has in mind Crv 03 Nigerian used but afraid of the poor maintenance culture of Nigerians plus he really needs space, fuel economy, easy maintenance and high ground clearance due to poor roads.
Budget is around 2m, will it be enough for a good Crv if not what other suv comes close in size, fuel economy and easy maintenance?
Thanks for your feedback
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TT20: 3:12am On Apr 02
Hi guys,

Which of the c class is most reliable among the w203 variants.

c230, c240, c280 or c320 ? , fueling isn't a problem.

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:26am On Apr 02
tivta:
Very educative and informative thread, glad to see we still have mature adults here on nairaland.
Please gurus, what car or vehicle would you advice a first time buyer to go for? He has in mind Crv 03 Nigerian used but afraid of the poor maintenance culture of Nigerians plus he really needs space, fuel economy, easy maintenance and high ground clearance due to poor roads.
Budget is around 2m, will it be enough for a good Crv if not what other suv comes close in size, fuel economy and easy maintenance?
Thanks for your feedback

Crv good choice, engine and transmission solid just inspect and ensure it's not a lemon

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:27am On Apr 02
TT20:
Hi guys,

Which of the c class is most reliable among the w203 variants.

c230, c240, c280 or c320 ? , fueling isn't a problem.

Thanks

2005 and 2006 are better and more solid. Also Engines without turbo charger last longer

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tivta(m): 6:05am On Apr 02
nurey:

Crv good choice, engine and transmission solid just inspect and ensure it's not a lemon
Thanks. Can a good one be bought at around 2m?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:14am On Apr 02
tivta:

Thanks. Can a good one be bought at around 2m?

definitely honda arent as expensive as toyota. Also the CRV has a 4wd if you dont want extra maintenance cost, stick to a FWD and buy one with the 2.4L engine not the 2.0L engine
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tivta(m): 6:27am On Apr 02
nurey:

definitely honda arent as expensive as toyota. Also the CRV has a 4wd if you dont want extra maintenance cost, stick to a FWD and buy one with the 2.4L engine not the 2.0L engine
Thanks again.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Serendipity2023: 9:11am On Apr 08
nurey:

I thought a 2.0 engine would be preferred because of fuel consumption?

Just asking sir
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:36am On Apr 08
Serendipity2023:

I thought a 2.0 engine would be preferred because of fuel consumption?

Just asking sir

Fuel consumption is negligible in both, the 2.0L engine parts are scarce and expensive when available
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 9:51am On Apr 08
nurey:

Fuel consumption is negligible in both, the 2.0L engine parts are scarce and expensive when available
Emphasis on when available cheesy grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Serendipity2023: 5:39pm On Apr 08
nurey:

ok tnx
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by williams20(m): 10:39pm On Apr 15
Hi Auto gurus , this is a great thread

I need an upgrade , tho I sometimes drive on bad roads but I mostly drive on fairly good roads. I am considering the accord 2013 but at the same time I'm worried about ground clearance. Please recommend any good upgrade not more than 6m. Use a Pilot 07 and civic 07 at the moment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.