Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446985 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:32pm On Jan 27
TrebleChamp:
Good afternoon car gurus, please what is your advice on buying a 2022 Honda HRV? How solid is the HRV compared to a Kia Seltos or Hyundai Creta of similar year? Thanks
cc nurey, kingreign and others...

You can never go wrong with honda, they are tested and trusted.

I don't know much about the creta and seltos but they are pretty more common on road than the HRV in lagos

6 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TrebleChamp(m): 2:09am On Jan 28
nurey:

You can never go wrong with honda, they are tested and trusted.

I don't know much about the creta and seltos but they are pretty more common on road than the HRV in lagos
Thanks boss..
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Clintx(m): 5:34am On Jan 30
Please I need help checking this Toyota Camry SE with VIN as 4T1BF1FK3DU267519

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 9:46am On Jan 30
Hello @nurey and all the other car gurus in this section, could you help me make a comparison between the Toyota Corolla 2016 and the Honda Civic 2016. I need to make a good decision.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™and God bless you all for your inputs!

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:52am On Jan 30
olumide4christ:
Hello @nurey and all the other car gurus in this section, could you help me make a comparison between the Toyota Corolla 2016 and the Honda Civic 2016. I need to make a good decision.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™and God bless you all for your inputs!

both cars a so identical and very close. Though civic trumps a bit in the fuel economy department, also the hatch design of the civic gives it an outward appeal compared to corolla.

Though user reviews talk about oil dilution in the 1.5L turbo engine of the civic especially frequent city drives. Apart from that, your choices are topnotch

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Itsrm(m): 11:35am On Jan 30
Clintx:
Please I need help checking this Toyota Camry SE with VIN as 4T1BF1FK3DU267519

This is why I now tell people to look for Nigerian used cars imported between 2018 and 2022 to buy. Due to the rise in exchange rate, most dealers now buy the worst possible vehicles at the cheapest prices they can get.

8 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 2:42pm On Jan 30
Itsrm:

This is why I now tell people to look for Nigerian used cars imported between 2018 and 2022 to buy. Due to the rise in exchange rate, most dealers now buy the worst possible vehicles at the cheapest prices they can get.
Jesu shocked shocked heart of men are desperately evil indeed... kaiiiiiiiii

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Itsrm(m): 4:44pm On Jan 30
dadabashua1:
Jesu shocked shocked heart of men are desperately evil indeed... kaiiiiiiiii

You can imagine. And this is not the worst I've seen.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 6:14pm On Jan 30
nurey:

both cars a so identical and very close. Though civic trumps a bit in the fuel economy department, also the hatch design of the civic gives it an outward appeal compared to corolla.

Though user reviews talk about oil dilution in the 1.5L turbo engine of the civic especially frequent city drives. Apart from that, your choices are topnotch

Thanks so much for your comments, sir...God bless you!

I have read about that oil dilution issue but some say that it occurs as a result of the cold climate in the West and it may be less of an issue over here due to our weather.

What's your opinion about that, sir?

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 6:16pm On Jan 30
Itsrm:

Hmmmm...Nigerians and their dubious, fraudulent ways!! shocked shocked

Odikwa serious ooo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:20pm On Jan 30
olumide4christ:

Thanks so much for your comments, sir...God bless you!

I have read about that oil dilution issue but some say that it occurs as a result of the cold climate in the West and it may be less of an issue over here due to our weather.

What's your opinion about that, sir?

If you are convinced it's a good buy, if you can get the other engine variants than the 1.5T even better.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BestTrades: 9:17pm On Jan 30

To check vehicle history (Vin check)of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty..

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification .. .
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Clintx(m): 9:39pm On Jan 30
[quote author=Itsrm post=128198432]

This is why I now tell people to look for Nigerian used cars imported between 2018 and 2022 to buy. Due to the rise in exchange rate, most dealers now buy the worst possible vehicles at the cheapest prices they can get. [Thanks a lot,heart of man is really wicked]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 8:14am On Feb 01
nurey:

If you are convinced it's a good buy, if you can get the other engine variants than the 1.5T even better.

Okay sir, thanks ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ for your response...stay blessed!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by praise010(m): 9:44am On Feb 03
Greetings everyone.

Pls I am tossed in between a Naija used Honda Pilot 2016 and a Naija used Highlander of same year. I am going for pilot because of the price differential.

Please I need your guys advice on the pros and cons of my proposed choice.

I appreciate
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Hatesin: 6:29am On Feb 04
Good morning and happy Sunday to us!

Please I need an advice on Peugeot 306 in terms of:
Fuel economy
Maintenance
Ruggedness.

Thanks!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by searchng4love: 7:11am On Feb 04
Hatesin:
Good morning and happy Sunday to us!

Please I need an advice on Peugeot 306 in terms of:
Fuel economy
Maintenance
Ruggedness.

Thanks!
Fuel economy.... Very efficient.
Maintenance: Depends on your location...
Ruggedness: 307 and 206 are better.

But you see that number two can ruin your life. I'll advise a car that anyone can fix easily.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Hatesin: 12:21pm On Feb 04
searchng4love:

But you see that number two can ruin your life. I'll advise a car that anyone can fix easily.

Thanks so much for your response.
Is 206 automatic or manual.
Again, which other brand of car would you suggest apart from all these Camry and Corolla that are everywhere? I need something not too popular.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Hatesin: 12:22pm On Feb 04
searchng4love:

Is 206 automatic or manual?
Again, which other brand of car would you suggest apart from all these Camry and Corolla that are everywhere? I need something not too popular.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Percival9(m): 12:43pm On Feb 04
searchng4love:

By number two u mean 307?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by searchng4love: 1:38pm On Feb 04
Hatesin:

Is 206 automatic or manual?
307/206 I prefer the manual transmission.

Alternatively I am enjoying the Honda Civic. Fuel efficient is superb...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by searchng4love: 1:39pm On Feb 04
Percival9:

By number two u mean 307?
I meant maintenance.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Hatesin: 4:00pm On Feb 04
searchng4love:

Which model please?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by praise010(m): 5:40pm On Feb 04
praise010:
Greetings everyone.

Pls I am tossed in between a Naija used Honda Pilot 2016 and a Naija used Highlander of same year. I am going for pilot because of the price differential.

Please I need your guys advice on the pros and cons of my proposed choice.

I appreciate
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by searchng4love: 9:28pm On Feb 04
Hatesin:

Which model please?

The 8th generation civic
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Percival9(m): 12:16pm On Feb 08
searchng4love:

I meant maintenance.

True

Anyone who abuse peugeot go hear am
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Percival9(m): 12:17pm On Feb 08
searchng4love:

08 irobot is it reliable??
I heard a lot of things about electric issues
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by searchng4love: 1:07pm On Feb 08
Percival9:

08 irobot is it reliable??
I heard a lot of things about electric issues
Buy the American model. Electrics are far less complicated than the Peugeot

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Theanchor: 1:27pm On Feb 09
Between Honda Civic, Peugeot 406 and Toyota Corolla which is a better option?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 12:18pm On Feb 11
Theanchor:
Between Honda Civic, Peugeot 406 and Toyota Corolla which is a better option?
Corolla is more reliable. Honda is also reliable but perhaps with a little more maintenance and care needed. I don't know much about peugeot. I have only owned both the Corolla and the civic
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Scholarsticchai: 3:38pm On Feb 15
To go straight to the point Iโ€™ve a budget of about 5-8M .. What car would you suggest for someone trying to purchase his first vehicleโ€ฆ

I prefer a sedan and I hate coupe.

Let me know if you anyone needs additional information to make the right suggestions for me..

Thank you..
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Itsrm(m): 5:36pm On Feb 15
Scholarsticchai:
To go straight to the point Iโ€™ve a budget of about 5-8M .. What car would you suggest for someone trying to purchase his first vehicleโ€ฆ

I prefer a sedan and I hate coupe.

Let me know if you anyone needs additional information to make the right suggestions for me..

Thank you..

Will get you a 2012+ Camry/2014+ accord. Naija used.

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.