Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446831 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Wizdom0091: 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2023
kingreign:

Genuine Toyota automatic transmission fluid type T-iv only.

Thanks Boss. Like how much is it and locations that I could buy it and picture of it.

Boss please i meant power steering oil I don't know if its the same thing as automatic transmission fluid. Please you can clarify it for me. I just edited the post you replied

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mattbass(m): 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2023
Benz C230 AC compressor, power steering cost please.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Oyetboy(m): 1:31pm On Jan 01
hey guys, happy new year, getting my first car next month by God's grace...i dont want to get a camry seeing that it's like a consensus ride for everyone in the country... is the honda accord 2017/2018 version (foreign used) a good choice ?

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 2:45pm On Jan 01
Oyetboy:
hey guys, happy new year, getting my first car next month by God's grace...i dont want to get a camry seeing that it's like a consensus ride for everyone in the country... is the honda accord 2017/2018 version (foreign used) a good choice ?
an excellent choice not a good choice Sir,it's called the "PERFECTION" for a reason.

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Oyetboy(m): 3:06pm On Jan 01
dadabashua1:
an excellent choice not a good choice Sir,it's called the "PERFECTION" for a reason.

thank you, you got any idea how much it'd cost? seeing so much price disparity online
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by JentleJosh(m): 9:42am On Jan 02
Hello gentlemen (and ladies?), I’m looking to purchase my first car.

Given my preference, budget(3-3.5m), and current market prices(using Jiji), I’ve streamlined my options to Honda Accord 2008-2010 and Toyota Avalon 2008 - both Nigerian used.

I would like both vehicles compared based on the following criteria

1. Durability. Which of these vehicles will better stand the test of time? I will be driving this in mainland say 2-3 times a week. I might also take inter-state trips from Lagos to Ibadan say 3-5 times a year.

2. Comfort. Which is more comfortable to drive in? For context, I’m 6.1.

3. Part availability and costs. How easy is it to get part replacements and how do both cars compare in terms of parts cost?

4. Maintenance cost. How much can I expect to spend on maintenance on an average say monthly or yearly?

5. Known issues. Are there any known issues for both cars that might be deal breakers?

6. Performance.

Furthermore, I’ll love general advice on the vehicles. E.g Are there specific trims or years that are better or worse in certain areas?

Finally, I’d like some feedback from people who have driven any of these cars. What was your experience like?

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dozieson(m): 10:59am On Jan 02
JentleJosh:
Hello gentlemen (and ladies?), I’m looking to purchase my first car.

Given my preference, budget(3-3.5m), and current market prices(using Jiji), I’ve streamlined my options to Honda Accord 2008-2010 and Toyota Avalon 2008 - both Nigerian used.

I would like both vehicles compared based on the following criteria

1. Durability. Which of these vehicles will better stand the test of time? I will be driving this in mainland say 2-3 times a week. I might also take inter-state trips from Lagos to Ibadan say 3-5 times a year.

2. Comfort. Which is more comfortable to drive in? For context, I’m 6.1.

3. Part availability and costs. How easy is it to get part replacements and how do both cars compare in terms of parts cost?

4. Maintenance cost. How much can I expect to spend on maintenance on an average say monthly or yearly?

5. Known issues. Are there any known issues for both cars that might be deal breakers?

6. Performance.

Furthermore, I’ll love general advice on the vehicles. E.g Are there specific trims or years that are better or worse in certain areas?

Finally, I’d like some feedback from people who have driven any of these cars. What was your experience like?

Thank you!

Just go for the Honda

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by JentleJosh(m): 9:24pm On Jan 02
Dozieson:

Just go for the Honda
Hmmkay
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kunlexyquincy(m): 8:41am On Jan 04
Good morning House, I am planning to get my first car. It will basically be used for church on sundays and any emergency outing. My budget is 2- 2.5m.
I have outlined this cars as choice (I am open to suggestions as well)
1. Volkswagen Jetta 2007-2009
2. Honda civic 07-10
3. Honda Accord 08-10

As much as I have seen reviews on hond accord mentioned here, I have not really seen for Volkswagen Jetta and honda civic. Whats your take on this choice of mine please?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 11:44am On Jan 04
Kunlexyquincy:
Good morning House, I am planning to get my first car. It will basically be used for church on sundays and any emergency outing. My budget is 2- 2.5m.
2. Honda civic 07-10
3. Honda Accord 08-10

As much as I have seen reviews on hond accord mentioned here, I have not really seen for Volkswagen Jetta and honda civic. Whats your take on this choice of mine please?

Hope you're fully prepared for the parables of a VW Jetta MK5 when it starts?

Your best choice here ought to be the Accord
Then Civic.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by PawsitiveBro(m): 11:51am On Jan 04
Using the right tyres for your vehicle is one of the ways to maintain your car and also safeguard your life and other road users.

That is why TyreBay is here to provide you with high quality tyres for cars and trucks.
DM me on WhatsApp for deal.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ekoboy: 9:48pm On Jan 04
searchng4love:

https://m.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Edge/2017/

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/ford/edge/2017/reliability/
Read up on the car here in details and tell me your decision
Is there any car without problems?!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kunlexyquincy(m): 9:42am On Jan 05
kingreign:

Hope you're fully prepared for the parables of a VW Jetta MK5 when it starts?

Your best choice here ought to be the Accord
Then Civic.

I get your point. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by cucumbar: 2:01am On Jan 10
Will be in the market to scout for a 2013/2014 Hyundai
Santafe. I want an SUV because of my terrain, and my budget is about 9-10m.
I presently drive a 2007 Honda Accord and I’m not familiar with Hyundai, and my budget might not be sufficient for a Toyota suv of the years I’m considering.

I don’t want to get a vehicle that will be a problem later.
Please, what engine type or trim should i avoid?

Are they easy to maintain and parts readily available?

Won’t mind if anyone has a good offer for me as well.

I will appreciate your input.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by goodnewscliff(m): 7:08am On Jan 10
cucumbar:
Will be in the market to scout for a 2013/2014 Hyundai
Santafe. I want an SUV because of my terrain, and my budget is about 9-10m.
I presently drive a 2007 Honda Accord and I’m not familiar with Hyundai, and my budget might not be sufficient for a Toyota suv of the years I’m considering.

I don’t want to get a vehicle that will be a problem later.
Please, what engine type or trim should i avoid?

Are they easy to maintain and parts readily available?

Won’t mind if anyone has a good offer for me as well.

I will appreciate your input.
lemme know wen u want to sell ur accord

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by searchng4love: 11:16am On Jan 10
Kunlexyquincy:
2. Honda civic 07-10
3. Honda Accord 08-10

Depends on what you have in mind.
Fuel efficiency: Honda Civic beats all.
Effizy....a little token of self accomplishment: Accord. More fuel consumption though.
VW Jetta: beautiful but electrical gremlins are the Achilles heels.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Tucode: 8:53pm On Jan 12
Hello guys, please I need your suggestions. My friend is about buying a car, 2017 Honda Accord to be exact. He has the option of choosing between a tokunbo car and a Nigerian used that was bought brand new in 2021 from Honda dealership in Lagos. The person that owns the Nigerian used car is selling because he is relocating from the country. The tokunbo is expensive because of the import duties and all but he really doesn’t mind. He just wants to know which will be better. The Nigerian used is tokunbo standard clean from the pictures but his worry is that he believes that even though they’re both Honda cars, he feels that the one produced for the American market will be more durable and reliable than the ones sent to the West African markets. Could this be true? Should he go for the Nigerian used since it is significantly cheaper than the tokunbo?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:07am On Jan 13
Tucode:
Hello guys, please I need your suggestions. My friend is about buying a car, 2017 Honda Accord to be exact. He has the option of choosing between a tokunbo car and a Nigerian used that was bought brand new in 2021 from Honda dealership in Lagos. The person that owns the Nigerian used car is selling because he is relocating from the country. The tokunbo is expensive because of the import duties and all but he really doesn’t mind. He just wants to know which will be better. The Nigerian used is tokunbo standard clean from the pictures but his worry is that he believes that even though they’re both Honda cars, he feels that the one produced for the American market will be more durable and reliable than the ones sent to the West African markets. Could this be true? Should he go for the Nigerian used since it is significantly cheaper than the tokunbo?

a 2021 honda accord bought new in nigeria is a good deal. carry your technician along and scan, let him certify the condition, all those tokunbo too are used vehicles and mostly accidented and packaged.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kingdemu: 12:52pm On Jan 13
nurey:

a 2021 honda accord bought new in nigeria is a good deal. carry your technician along and scan, let him certify the condition, all those tokunbo too are used vehicles and mostly accidented and packaged.
He said a 2017 Accord bought brand new in 2021.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Percival9(m): 7:11am On Jan 14
Tucode:
he should go for the 2yrs old car
Go inspect with good mechanic buy

Some people overrate tokunbo
Some of them are abused cars
Tokunbo is still used car if you exclude nigerian roads there is no difference with buying nigerian used

With the way dealers hike tokunbo price it will not be wise to buy that in the current economy

Many have bought tokunbo with unending issues

Tokunbo 307 almost kill my guy within 2weeks grin
Same thing happen with accord 08

Just pray for luck when buying car

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Morphinne: 1:19pm On Jan 14
searchng4love:

Some of us don't care about resell. Civic cheap to maintain better than Corolla on fuel economy... Safer than the Corolla from thieves
Bro, can you elaborate more on this pls?. Why is the Honda safer than the Corolla? Is it because it has tighter security (like in keyless cars like Lexus and benz) or it’s just because thieves do not just fancy the car. If it’s because of the later, then I wouldn’t say the Honda civic is safe either because they will steal it like a piece of toy if they want it grin
Also which i4 car would you suggest for a lady as a first time owner between 2006-07 benz c230 or any one between Honda civic and accord. I’ll appreciate it if you have any better options outside of the ones I listed.
Many thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Olamlag(m): 5:24pm On Jan 14
Expert in the house i need your input for car recommendation for first time car owner, budget is between 1.5 - 1.8 main preference is cheap maintenance and fuel efficiency, needed for city driving of my kids to school 20 mins a day and 2 to 3 times 1hr+ journey a year, i have been checking here and jiji i am seeing some peogeut 206, almera tino and honda civic but really not sure what the best choice is, i am not limited to this 3 but those are the ones that i have been seeing within my budget. Automatic will be preferred as i am new to driving. thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 5:45pm On Jan 14
Olamlag:
Expert in the house i need your input for car recommendation for first time car owner, budget is between 1.5 - 1.8 main preference is cheap maintenance and fuel efficiency, needed for city driving of my kids to school 20 mins a day and 2 to 3 times 1hr+ journey a year, i have been checking here and jiji i am seeing some peogeut 206, almera tino and honda civic but really not sure what the best choice is, i am not limited to this 3 but those are the ones that i have been seeing within my budget. Automatic will be preferred as i am new to driving. thanks

Go for a honda civic, you can never go wrong with a civic.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Olamlag(m): 6:36pm On Jan 14
kingreign:

Go for a honda civic, you can never go wrong with a civic.
thanks being reading about it but was concerned about the low ground clearance because the road that leads to my house is kind of bad, should i be worried about that?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 6:39pm On Jan 14
Olamlag:
thanks being reading about it but was concerned about the low ground clearance because the road that leads to my house is kind of bad, should i be worried about that?

Get a rav4 or crv
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Olamlag(m): 7:31pm On Jan 14
kingreign:

Get a rav4 or crv
not sure i can manage that, a lot of people here use camry, and and corolla but i dont want to go toyota route because of price, just asking if civic can handle the road that this ones handle
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 7:56pm On Jan 14
Olamlag:
not sure i can manage that, a lot of people here use camry, and and corolla but i dont want to go toyota route because of price, just asking if civic can handle the road that this ones handle
Switch to bigger rims

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ugreat(m): 9:02pm On Jan 14
Olamlag:

Your budget can get you a Honda CRV with has better ground clearance considering your concern for your road. With some small maintenance, it will serve you for a while. I used the 2000 CRV for years and lower maintenance. It served me very well
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Olamlag(m): 9:17pm On Jan 14
ugreat:

Your budget can get you a Honda CRV with has better ground clearance considering your concern for your road. With some small maintenance, it will serve you for a while. I used the 2000 CRV for years and lower maintenance. It served me very well
thanks will consider that
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Tucode: 9:46pm On Jan 14
Percival9:
he should go for the 2yrs old car
Go inspect with good mechanic buy

Some people overrate tokunbo
Some of them are abused cars
Tokunbo is still used car if you exclude nigerian roads there is no difference with buying nigerian used

With the way dealers hike tokunbo price it will not be wise to buy that in the current economy

Many have bought tokunbo with unending issues

Tokunbo 307 almost kill my guy within 2weeks grin
Same thing happen with accord 08

Just pray for luck when buying car

Thank you for your contribution. Actually we’ve gone to inspect the car and found out that some of features that made him opt for the accord are not in the Nigerian used one. It’s like the features were exclusive to the American market and removed from the West African market, like the lane watch, memory seats, parking sensors, lumbar support, etc. He has also checked the history of the tokumbo and the car was well maintained with just 60k miles on it (actual odometer reading from the vin). So he’s currently in the process of negotiating with the dealer for the car. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Percival9(m): 4:41pm On Jan 15
Olamlag:
go with peugeot 206 but automatic is most times problematic, if you can manual buy it thats the best car for what you need other wise settle for civic 2006-08 irobot
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Percival9(m): 4:43pm On Jan 15
Olamlag:
thanks will consider that

Run from CRV bro the nigerian used crv now are mostly abused

Buy ur civic and enjoy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.