Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,238 members, 7,957,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:55 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (476423 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2019
Abdomox:

I have done that since yesterday, but no response.

I don't have his contact. Wait for him to see your mentions here, I guess.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by king406(m): 8:14pm On Jan 15, 2019
Abdomox:

Many thanks. Still awaits king406 review.
for me when it comes to cars, fuel consumption is not really the first thing i consider, performance and availability of genuine suspension parts is what i look at. Reason why i went for the 350 instead of 250 was simply because of greater performance. So far i havent had any problem with the car but i believe parts are available. Note that you will come across several 250 models online and at dealerships before a 350 model. It costs between 9500 to 10500 to get a full tank, depending on the fuel station you use. I use this car mainly for my weekly commute from abuja to kaduna and it takes a quarter tank, one way. Overall the car feels very solid and well built, i believe if you take care of it and engage in preventive maintenance you wont have any problems.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Abdomox: 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2019
king406:
for me when it comes to cars, fuel consumption is not really the first thing i consider, performance and availability of genuine suspension parts is what i look at. Reason why i went for the 350 instead of 250 was simply because of greater performance. So far i havent had any problem with the car but i believe parts are available. Note that you will come across several 250 models online and at dealerships before a 350 model. It costs between 9500 to 10500 to get a full tank, depending on the fuel station you use. I use this car mainly for my weekly commute from abuja to kaduna and it takes a quarter tank, one way. Overall the car feels very solid and well built, i believe if you take care of it and engage in preventive maintenance you wont have any problems.

Many thanks boss.

What's your view about it not having enough space at the back and it being too low to accommodate 5 persons- i.e it hits the ground when you have full passengers.

Thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by king406(m): 12:08am On Jan 16, 2019
Abdomox:

Many thanks boss.

What's your view about it not having enough space at the back and it being too low to accommodate 5 persons- i.e it hits the ground when you have full passengers.

Thanks.
i wont advise using that car as a family car if that is what you are planning to do. I havent had more than 3 people in my car since i bought it.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2019
Has anyone heard from obekediamondfuto of recent? Cc: Nurey, diportivo, thebigkendo
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
Has anyone heard from obekediamondfuto of recent?

No not really been a while. Maybe Internet no dey him village tongue
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thebigkendo(m): 4:53pm On Jan 18, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
Has anyone heard from obekediamondfuto of recent? Cc: Nurey, diportivo, the big.kendo

Maybe one of the prophecy is coming to pass grin

GAZZUZZ:
There have been many prophesies Predictions about 2019, but here on cartalk I am lead by the spirit flesh to table out what I see in this coming year.

14. 12 notable members will deactivate their profiles, but will come back under different names.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
nurey:

No not really been a while. Maybe Internet no dey him village tongue

Lol, anybody wey still dey village by this time of the month never ready for 2019.

thebigkendo:

Maybe one of the prophecy is coming to pass grin

Maybe. grin grin

Oh well, just found his absence a bit worrying. Hope he's fine wherever he is.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by jodecibmw: 5:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
I was also wondering about the same thing too, please obekediamondfuto where are you? You had better report to your duty here o.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44pm On Jan 18, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
Has anyone heard from obekediamondfuto of recent? Cc: Nurey, diportivo, thebigkendo

Checked. He is fine

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Checked. He is fine

Glad to hear that. Tell him we said hi.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
I am very strong and kicking...... lolz.
thank you Heavenlybang......
now I know that I have men on NL.... I sight u all for ur concerns.......
Baba Gee.... thanks for reaching out....
I appreciate u all.....

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:41am On Jan 19, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

now I know that I have men on NL....
I sight u all for ur concerns.......

I appreciate u all.....
Good to hear that, bro. More life. wink
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by jodecibmw: 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2019
Welcome back after the time out bro.. grin

obekediamondfuto:

now I know that I have men on NL....
I sight u all for ur concerns.......

I appreciate u all.....
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:02pm On Jan 19, 2019
jodecibmw:
Welcome back after the time out bro.. grin

thanks man..... I had to.... I was getting addicted to the internet ND my phone....
I had to confirm that I still had control
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:03pm On Jan 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
Good to hear that, bro. More life. wink

thanks a lot man....
good to know that u guys got my back
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 10:49am On Jan 20, 2019
nurey:

yes the Nav and JBL are a combo installation with 14-speaker at least counting speakers too can help you identify your target

Good job bro, what's your review on 2005 C230 Benz Kompressor sports.

Reliability, city driving, suspensions, most importantly, sound/entertainment system, speakers nd woofer, likely issues, the pros and cons generally, considering it's a 14 years old car nd the likes.

Can you do a comparison with a 2010 Corolla sports.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:07am On Jan 20, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Reliability, city driving, suspensions, most importantly, sound/entertainment system, speakers nd woofer, likely issues, the pros and cons generally, considering it's a 14 years old car nd the likes.

Lol, comparing a Mercedes to a Corolla. Respect yourself.

[s]Sha be ready to change the C230's engine every month grin grin[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:38am On Jan 20, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Benz c230 luxurious compact vehicle
corolla 2010 compact vehicle

benz M271 engine 1.8L I4 turbo 189hp

corolla 1.6/1.8 i4 132hp

Reliability the corolla with a NA engine

city driving the corolla highly efficient engine less weight

suspensions Benz C230 sports solid suspension parts, bigger and better brake parts, solid stance, would withstand steering accuracy when miss road (hit potholes at high speed, pass water body at high speeds)

luxury and optionals Benz including feel, comfortability, interior finish, respect etc etc

Its a benz not likely to give much issues if you utilise the right oil due to its turbo gadget, don't enter too much pool of water, investigate faults before calling kazeem to fix, this particular vehicle is mostly shaft noise, interior falling apart.

if I were to choose between both considering the samples in question are in optimum state, I would pick a C230 Benz it's reliability is not the best but it's not questionable either
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 11:39am On Jan 20, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, comparing a Mercedes to a Corolla. Respect yourself.

[s]Sha be ready to change the C230's engine every month grin grin[/s]

Lol, I have driven this 2005 Corolla sports and it's really nice, only that I would have loved a better sound system.

It's engine is quiet too, I love it. It's a Toks tho.

Why change d c230 engine? Abeg shed more light o

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 11:43am On Jan 20, 2019
nurey:

corolla 1.6/1.8 i4 132hp

suspensions Benz C230 sports solid suspension parts, bigger and better brake parts, solid stance, would withstand steering accuracy when miss road (hit potholes at high speed, pass water body at high speeds)

luxury and optionals Benz including feel, comfortability, interior finish, respect etc etc

Its a benz not likely to give much issues if you utilise the right oil due to its turbo gadget, don't enter too much pool of water, investigate faults before calling kazeem to fix, this particular vehicle is mostly shaft noise, interior falling apart.

if I were to choose between both considering the samples in question are in optimum state, I would pick a C230 Benz it's reliability is not the best but it's not questionable either

Wrong. A Benz C230 Kompressor is one hell of an unreliable and non durable vehicle. Engine problem, suspension problem, interior trim pieces falling apart, AC gremlin are part of their issues.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 11:45am On Jan 20, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Lol, I have driven this 2005 Corolla sports and it's really nice, only that I would have loved a better sound system.

Go for the corolla
Its bland, its not anyway fun or sporty to drive, but if you know how to maintain cars, she'll be yours for the keeping.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 11:47am On Jan 20, 2019
nurey:

corolla 1.6/1.8 i4 132hp

God bless you for us my brother, you didn't talk about the sound system in the Benz. Reviews I read online says the Benz absorber can be very stiff, how true is ds?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2019
Chelseafan1:

If you think the Corolla is nice, you'll probably have a heart attack if you drive the C Class. It's sooooo much better.

The engine thing was a cartalk inside joke. The C230k is reliable. Maintenence will be more expensive than the Corolla, but it's still a very reliable car.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:07pm On Jan 20, 2019
kingreign:

Wrong. A Benz C230 Kompressor is one hell of an unreliable and non durable vehicle. Engine problem, suspension problem, interior trim pieces falling apart, AC gremlin are part of their issues.

I hope you are not using that benz fanatic case as a yardstick for engine problem, the M271 is a good engine not the top most in reliability but good as long as you don't pour palm oil. Yes the w203 interior falls apart, but still fixable compared to rusting/corosion.

Most cars have AC wahala camry, the 2012 upwards kia hyundai, it's all fixable. explain suspension problems?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 12:07pm On Jan 20, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

If you think the Corolla is nice, you'll probably have a heart attack if you drive the C Class. It's sooooo much better.

The engine thing was a cartalk inside joke. The C230k is reliable. Maintenence will be more expensive than the Corolla, but it's still a very reliable car.

Thanks for this. Can't wait to have it grin grin grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
nurey:

I hope you are not using that benz fanatic case as a yardstick for engine problem, the M271 is a good engine not the top most in reliability but good as long as you don't pour palm oil. Yes the w203 interior falls apart, but still fixable compared to rusting/corosion.

Most cars have AC wahala camry, the 2012 upwards kia hyundai, it's all fixable. explain suspension problems?

Own a C230k then you'd have an idea. I'm not using nwanneni's as yard stick. I'm using personal experience. Experience of others and what I see around.

Those engines Achilles heels are it's camshaft sensor, intake manifold runner, supercharger wear out and failire and timing chains, and tensioner problems.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
Chelseafan1:

God bless you for us my brother, you didn't talk about the sound system in the Benz. Reviews I read online says the Benz absorber can be very stiff, how true is ds?

Oga my Sienna 2000 sound system is same or even better than 03-07 corolla sound system. The benz is a luxurious vehicle, it would have an above par premium sound system something every corolla user dream of.

The stiff suspension is a plus for our shitty road, if you have driven a infiniti FX b4 then you will agree soft suspension on naija roads is he'll when you pass cracked road surface.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
kingreign:

Own a C230k then you'd have an idea. I'm not using nwanneni's as yard stick. I'm using personal experience. Experience of others and what I see around.

I have never seen suspension work done on a w203 as many as them be for my area 200, 230 and 320

I agree the interior falls apart

I don't know about the AC though but majority w203 I see are always using AC on the road

I don't agree at all at all with that engine M271 but you know wrong engine oil affects turbos even online reviews gives it a good reliability check
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 12:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
kingreign:

Lobatan....i have heard people complain about some of these problems too but then my cousin used his for more than a year with no problems b4 he sold it
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 12:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
nurey:

I have never seen suspension work done on a w203 as many as them be for my area 200, 230 and 320

I agree the interior falls apart

I don't know about the AC though but majority w203 I see are always using AC on the road

I don't agree at all at all with that engine M271 but you know wrong engine oil affects turbos even online reviews gives it a good reliability check

Forget online review. Even merc had to change the front suspension designs for W204. Note: 203 suspension will fit into 204 but the 204 are aluminum, 203 are steel and aluminium. Why? 202 suspensions are rugged, 203 are shitty due to Benz alliances with Chrysler. 204 are rugged.

VDC compressor in 203 generally are prone to black poisons which contaminates and knock their kompressor.

Engine oil heat cooler is problematic. W203 are notorious for this. 230k inclusive.
I've bought a c230k who's owner used Mobil 1 and that same day, the engine knocked. I kid you not. Many guys experienced same too. Even afangsoup experienced same too.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Lobatan....i have heard people complain about some of these problems too but then my cousin used his for more than a year with no problems b4 he sold it

M271 KE/DE 18 1.8l Engine Problems and Reliability
1. Power loss. That is one of the most common problems with the M271, which caused by soot on valve stems.
2. Engine noise during fired-up. The engine had an unreliable single-stand timing chain and stretched chain produces a lot of noise.

if this engine was shitty it would never make it far, it was still been used in w211 09-2013 E200 same 1.8L I4 Turbo

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (262) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.