Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446615 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 3:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
Abdomox:

The only thing that differs is the Navigation system.

Heard the navigation does not work in Nigeria. Hence, have to use my phone to navigate.

Do you know other features of the Navigation system pls?
Backup camera, Bluetooth telephony (optional), to watch DVD movies, calendar, fuel consumption meter, etc.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2019
Abdomox:

Thank you. The issue is I don't know other features of the navigation system. Would love to hear from current users of RX 350.

The navigation package apparently also comes with the Mark Levinson sound system. Very important!

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2019
Modified..

Greetings and Happy Sunday, Oga nurey, Heavenlybang, CityNGR, et al car experts...

What's your opinion about the Volvo XC 90 2007-2008 models in terms of:
- durability of engine, gear, AC
- fuel consumption
- availability and cost of parts
- ground clearance in case of flooded areas
Etc
I'm at a crossroads of going for a Honda civic 2007-2010 & the XC 90, though I know that both cars are not in the same class range.

I'll be using the car for majorly city commuting, business & project runs.

Thanks for helping a brother to make a decision. God bless you!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 4:36pm On Jan 20, 2019
olumide4christ:
Greetings and Happy Sunday, Oga nurey,

- fuel consumption
Etc
I'm at a crossroads of going for a Honda civic 2007-2010 & the XC 90, though I know that both cars are not in the same class range.

Sorry I nearly commented. Let Nurey assist you. Since your question was specifically directed at him
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
CityNGR:

Sorry I nearly commented. Let Nurey assist you. Since your question was specifically directed at him

You can comment...question already modified.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
olumide4christ:

Cc
Valarinz
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
olumide4christ:

Volvo should be better at everything bar parts availability and fuel consumption.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by valarinz: 5:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
CityNGR:

You mean Chinese Geely owned and worshipped by valarinz and co?

Yes pls, the chinese owned Geely, they are now the front runners, other have to meet up
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by valarinz: 5:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Volvo should be better at everything bar parts availability and fuel consumption.

Fixed grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
olumide4christ:
Modified..

Greetings and Happy Sunday, Oga nurey, Heavenlybang, CityNGR, et al car experts...

- fuel consumption
Etc

The volvo XC90 is a very reliable vehicle, among the volvo I like and cherish and it has a luxurious feel, hidden Nav screen, 3rd row in some and study and we'll built. Its not the kind of car danfos touches and parts start falling it is a solid vehicle.

The gas mpg am seeing through the engine lineup is fair 8L-11L/100km though a tad slow in 0-62mph 11 secs haba grin

don't buy the T6 fitted engine. Buy the T5, NA I6 or the V8. in terms of part, there are parts though some parts can be cumbersome to source, it doesn't have electric issues, 100ah rated battery please, good ground clearance.

I don't know whether it's fun to drive never driven it on highway though only city.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
nurey:

The volvo XC90 is a very reliable vehicle, among the volvo I like and cherish and it has a luxurious feel, hidden Nav screen, 3rd row in some and study and we'll built. Its not the kind of car danfos touches and parts start falling it is a solid vehicle.

The gas mpg am seeing through the engine lineup is fair 8L-11L/100km though a tad slow in 0-62mph 11 secs haba grin

don't buy the T6 fitted engine. Buy the T5, NA I6 or the V8. in terms of part, there are parts though some parts can be cumbersome to source, it doesn't have electric issues, 100ah rated battery please, good ground clearance.

I don't know whether it's fun to drive never driven it on highway though only city.

11s, lmao. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Abdomox: 6:04pm On Jan 20, 2019
nurey:

There is a difference apart from the Nav-screen which you will only notice in usage/test driving both.

sometimes the navigation screen may include some functions like mpg calculation, compass, vehicle information, could also serve as entertainment control etc. Not only map embedded also it would show the reverse camera view and other views from side mirror cam if present.

exterior outlook maybe same but the one with nav especially if factory installed is a higher trim than one without Nav

if you have the vin of both, you can possibly get the trim from it and know what each is packing. I know the difference in ODO is what has you confused.

Body style: 4dr Spor
Trim: Base

That's what I saw for both vehicles when I checked the VIN.

Am I to asaume they have similar features except the Nav. System pls?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Abdomox: 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

The navigation package apparently also comes with the Mark Levinson sound system. Very important!

Many thanks for this info. Pls help share the link so I can read more.

Also, when I checked the Trim, they have same trim. Should I assume these speakers might be in the one without Nav. System or it's inbuilt with the Nav. System entirely.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
Abdomox:

Body style: 4dr Spor
Trim: Base

That's what I saw for both vehicles when I checked the VIN.

Am I to asaume they have similar features except the Nav. System pls?

All base Rx don't have Nav screen, while high trims have Nav screen as the Nav is an optional gadget with some added juicy offers which are actually functions and can't easily be identified even from pix but read up on the link below

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_RX

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
Abdomox:

Also, when I checked the Trim, they have same trim. Should I assume these speakers might be in the one without Nav. System or it's inbuilt with the Nav. System entirely.
No navigation, no Mark Levinson.
https://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/56463/car_focus/price_for_lexus_2007_rx_350_packages_available.html
https://www.newcartestdrive.com/reviews/2007-lexus-rx/?amp

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CarGuideNG: 6:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
Abdomox:

Hello ma'am

To find out the exact options or packages delivered with your Lexus vehicle, visit the web page below and enter the VIN:

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/resources/vehicle-specs

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Thanks for the contributions, Heavenlybang sir! However, I also requested for a kind of comparison between the XC 90 & the Honda civic based on the above stated parameters & my purposes for which I want to put the vehicle to use.

Thanks for your much anticipated response..
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 7:07pm On Jan 20, 2019
nurey:

Thanks for your always detailed explanations, Sir nurey! However, I also requested for a kind of comparison between the XC 90 & the Honda civic based on the above stated parameters & my purposes for which I want to put the vehicle to use.

Thanks for your much anticipated response..
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
nurey:

Also Sir nurey, what's the meaning of NA I6??

Thanks!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 7:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
nurey:

Please what could be the parts that could be cumbersome to source....this should help me take the right decision...thanks sir!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by teelord1(m): 8:02pm On Jan 20, 2019
Please House can I get a full review of Toyota Matrix 2009 - 2010 edition.
Key points *Durability *Problems *Cost review (if overpriced) *2nd hand value
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:02pm On Jan 20, 2019
olumide4christ:

Please what could be the parts that could be cumbersome to source....this should help me take the right decision...thanks sir!

NA is natural aspirated engine, no Turbo/super chargers no electric motors it's a plain old normal engine.

There was a plastic pump issue my neighbour faced when his temp gauge was always on the high side, took a week to source and also diagnose the issues.

With the parameters you listed the civic has an edge except ground clearance. I don't see why people compare 2 different entities One is a salon car one is an SUV, before buying a car there are some priorities you must list out that comes first which will decide what vehicle to pick.

The civic is a small fuel efficient reliable knock about vehicle able to deliver between 6-8L/100km.

The XC90 is more of an offroader type of vehicle big with cargo space and reliable 8-11L/100km. its your choice.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:09pm On Jan 20, 2019
teelord1:
Please House can I get a full review of Toyota Matrix 2009 - 2010 edition.

Key points
*Durability
*Problems
*Cost review (if overpriced)
*2nd hand value

It is 95% corolla in order words

starting from 03 upwards toyota corrolla = toyota matrix = pontiac vibe, body is different and some minute parts. buy the matrix as long as the specimen you are buying is in good condition. Do a VIN check first then pay a qualified technician or go along with your kazeem but ensure you make him a juicy offer so the devil does not win him over grin

This is a car comparison thread not a car review thread go and buy the car it is good for price go to autos on NL and compare prices or check olx use the search parameters and compare results
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CarGuideNG: 8:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2019
nurey:

NA is natural aspirated engine, no Turbo/super chargers no electric motors it's a plain old normal engine.

There was a plastic pump issue my neighbour faced when his temp gauge was always on the high side, took a week to source and also diagnose the issues.

With the parameters you listed the civic has an edge except ground clearance. I don't see why people compare 2 different entities One is a salon car one is an SUV, before buying a car there are some priorities you must list out that comes first which will decide what vehicle to pick.

The civic is a small fuel efficient reliable knock about vehicle able to deliver between 6-8L/100km.

The XC90 is more of an offroader type of vehicle big with cargo space and reliable 8-11L/100km. its your choice.

Thanks so much for your inputs...they're highly appreciated sir!!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by computerglobal(m): 12:05am On Jan 21, 2019
With a Computerglobal vehicle history report, you’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

Knowledge is power when it comes to buying a vehicle.

Contact us via Sms or Whatsapp or via BBM below
Call: 08060365068
Sms vin : 08060365068
Whatsapp us on +234-806-036-5068
BBM Pin : d8ba2588

Contact us directly on Whats-app now . Just a click away.
https:///+2348060365068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 5:13am On Jan 21, 2019
computerglobal:
With a Computerglobal vehicle history report, you’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

Knowledge is power when it comes to buying a vehicle.

Contact us via Sms or Whatsapp or via BBM below
Call: 08060365068
Sms vin : 08060365068
Whatsapp us on +234-806-036-5068
BBM Pin : d8ba2588

Contact us directly on Whats-app now . Just a click away.
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
I want to do a transmission history...can you?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by computerglobal(m): 8:07am On Jan 21, 2019
CityNGR:

I want to do a transmission history...can you?

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by banky3w(m): 10:37am On Jan 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

This, basically. I'd go with the 2005 C320, it's hands down the best C Class of that generation. Interior facelift with the bulletproof M112.
How about the 2006 C280 4matic? Is this model still plagued by those ailments listed above? Thinking of getting one.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:08am On Jan 21, 2019
banky3w:

How about the 2006 C280 4matic? Is this model still plagued by those ailments listed above? Thinking of getting one.

The M272 engine on the 2006 cars has balance shaft issues. Check if it was fixed, it should show on the Carfax.
Also, I wouldn't buy a 4matic. Suspension parts are pretty expensive.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by princevih(m): 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2019
Cc nurey, heavenlybang and all car guru nd enthusiasts. We ave been having dis argument in my place of work wen a colleague said he wnts 2 get a 2010 m35x bt i told him 2 get a 2010 mb e350 instead since their prices are bit close. Here are d basics 4 comparison; luxury, balance on speed, power, performance,class, head turner grin,respect cool and lastly solidity. Thanks all in advance
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2019
princevih:
Cc nurey, heavenlybang and all car guru nd enthusiasts. We ave been having dis argument in my place of work wen a colleague said he wnts 2 get a 2010 m35x bt i told him 2 get a 2010 mb e350 instead since their prices are bit close. Here are d basics 4 comparison; luxury, balance on speed, power, performance,class, head turner grin,respect cool and lastly solidity. Thanks all in advance

E350 has nothing close to the M35x or even M37x when it comes to performance, and handling. That thing is a power horse of excitement. The only thing that may edge out the Infiniti is BMW 535i.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

Viewing this topic: kobams(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.