Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (445645 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 9:06am On Feb 14, 2019
Please the Guru in the House I want you to help me compare this 2 cars .. Toyota Camry 2009 i4 and Nissan Altima 2008-09 2.5s
I will like to know how strong,durable, availability and cheap parts,fuel economy, power, and the gear...

cc Nurey
Gazzuzz
Motorguru
Heavenlybang
Radautoworks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:08am On Feb 14, 2019
collele:

What is the best price I can get for a toks Toyota picnic or a very sound Nigerian used one?

Toks over between 1.8 and 2.3 depending on year

Naija used around 900 depending on how clean and gear type
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by collele(m): 9:11am On Feb 14, 2019
nurey:

Toks over between 1.8 and 2.3 depending on year
Naija used around 900 depending on how clean and gear type
OK... thanks boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:21am On Feb 14, 2019
seanfer:
Please the Guru in the House I want you to help me compare this 2 cars .. Toyota Camry 2009 i4 and Nissan Altima 2008-09 2.5s
I will like to know [b]how strong,durable, availability and cheap parts,fuel economy, power, and

Both cars would give you very close satisfaction.

The CVT in the altima is very unforgiven if you use the wrong fluid. While the candy is a top gun in the field the other issue with it is the robber magnet thing which can be mitigated.

DARE to be different Nissan

BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE Toyota
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 9:26am On Feb 14, 2019
nurey:

Both cars would give you very close satisfaction.

The CVT in the altima is very unforgiven if you use the wrong fluid. While the candy is a top gun in the field the other issue with it is the robber magnet thing which can be mitigated.

DARE to be different Nissan

BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE Toyota

The Camry is Robber Magnet..... You didn't talk about the Part and Mechanics issue... Hope the Parts come cheap and available like the Camry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:36am On Feb 14, 2019
seanfer:

The Camry is Robber Magnet..... You didn't talk about the Part and Mechanics issue... Hope the Parts come cheap and available like the Camry

It shares part with maxima, quest, teana, murano, Samsung SM5 and SM7 I don't think parts availability is an issue. Mechanic it's a Nissan, a scan tool, code translation you just point to what needs changing to the mechanic. The engine is not a complicated build.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 9:44am On Feb 14, 2019
greenhulk:

U also forgot Acura nsx grin

Tsx and Zdx were omitted too.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 9:45am On Feb 14, 2019
seanfer:

How do you balance robber magnet and choosing a car that is maintenance friendly?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by MotorGuru: 10:17am On Feb 14, 2019
seanfer:
I will like to know how strong,durable, availability and cheap parts,fuel economy, power, and the gear...

cc Nurey
Gazzuzz
Motorguru
Heavenlybang
Radautoworks

The Nissan will be more fun to drive. Both cars have their pros and cons. Engine wise, I go for the Nissan. Transmission wise, I go for the Camry.Suspension wise, i will go for the Nissan.

They are both good cars. If you want to play safe, go for the camry. If you want to stand out, Go for the Nissan.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bigsteveg(m): 12:48pm On Feb 14, 2019
MotorGuru:

If you are considering the inline 4, the 2010 Camry is your best bet. More powerful and much more reliable engine( 2.5L engine as against the 2.4) 6speed automatic compared to the 5 speed of the i4 of the 2009 and below. Better sound insulation.

For the V6 I would recommend 2009-up. To avoid the notable 3-4 shift flares of the 2007 models and also stick acceleration pedals.

Thanks MotorGuru, I planned getting a registered 2010 or 2009. But a friend suggested foreign used 2005 or 2006. What do you think? I love the 2010/2009 because of it's big size, ver good for family.
Also concerning the transmission issues of Camry 2007, 2008. Is 2009 better to still the same?
Also the fuel consumption, pls help compare fuel consumption for Lagos to Ibadan for both i4 and v6
Thank you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bigsteveg(m): 12:57pm On Feb 14, 2019
nurey:

Thanks for the lecture but this particular car CVT has no issues the answer to your question is already online.

The Nissan CVT had issues like any new technology but was later improved on, majority of nissan vehicles still have CVT and are in perfect condition no complaints

Hi nurey. God bless for always coming to our aid. Thanks. I planned getting a registered 2010 or 2009. But a friend suggested foreign used 2005 or 2006. What do you think? I love the 2010/2009 because of it's big size, very good for family.

Also concerning the transmission issues of Camry 2007, 2008. Is 2009 better to still the same?
Thank you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bigsteveg(m): 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
nurey:

The camry XV40 only had

07-08 2.4L 2azfe 4cylinder
09-11 2.5L 2arfe 4cylinder
07-11 3.5L 2grfe 6 cylinder

camry XV40 tokunbo is sold between 2.4m upwards depending on trim gadgets and year I did say budget between 2.8-3.1 for 09

How about the price for Nigeria used 2009 and 2010 camry? And what are the things to take note when buying a registered Camry?

Also the fuel consumption, pls help compare fuel consumption for Lagos to Ibadan for both i4 and v6.
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 1:37pm On Feb 14, 2019
Bigsteveg:

How about the price for Nigeria used 2009 and 2010 camry? And what are the things to take note when buying a registered Camry?

Also the fuel consumption, pls help compare fuel consumption for Lagos to Ibadan for both i4 and v6.
Thanks
I4 ------ 9.05 litres/100 km 26MPG COMBINED
V6 ......10.23litres/100km 23MPG COMBINED
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bigsteveg(m): 1:42pm On Feb 14, 2019
CityNGR:

I4 ------ 9.03 litres/100 km 26MPG COMBINED
V6 ......10.23litres/100km 23MPG COMBINED

This difference is highly unnoticeable, do you recommend a v6 over an i4 for a first time buyer?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 1:46pm On Feb 14, 2019
Bigsteveg:

This difference is highly unnoticeable, do you recommend a v6 over an i4 for a first time buyer?
I'd recommend the I4. There are few issues associated with the v6 according to expert reviews.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bigsteveg(m): 1:49pm On Feb 14, 2019
CityNGR:

I'd recommend the I4. There are few issues associated with the v6 according to expert reviews.
Okay. Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:34pm On Feb 14, 2019
Bigsteveg:

Hi nurey. God bless for always coming to our aid. Thanks. I planned getting a registered 2010 or 2009. But a friend suggested foreign used 2005 or 2006. What do you think? I love the 2010/2009 because of it's big size, very good for family.

Thank you.

Engine and transmission wise 2009 upwards Camry better.

Big daddy and muscle Camry have identical interior spacing. Back in school 4 lepa guys can sit comfortably at the back and two guys upfront in passenger sit, if transport gets worse we know how to squeeze a guy with the driver grin not a girl though to avoid boner accident tongue

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 3:25pm On Feb 14, 2019
nurey:

Toyota will forever be ranked high because for every class of vehicle the competitor produces, there are 5 Toyota products you have to reckon with.

Camry, Avalon,toyota mark II, toyota crown, toyota Avensis all this for only the Accord to compete we never add the assorted lexus ooo.

Toyota matrix, Toyota corolla, pontiac vibe, Toyota XA, toyota yaris, toyota echo, toyota prius, The scion line ups etc just for only civic and city

scion XB, rav4, highlander, toyota Noah, toyota Avanza, toyota rush etc for only CRV haba madam fear God

grin

Disagree. For each of those there is a Honda that competes. They just build them all as civics or accords but there are a TON of configurations in those

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 3:28pm On Feb 14, 2019
seanfer:

cc Nurey
Gazzuzz
Motorguru
Heavenlybang
Radautoworks

All rounder, Camry. Want to be "different", Altima
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:37pm On Feb 14, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
So, I'm here with a comparison question. The answerer becomes the questionnaire. grin
I'm looking to upgrade and I have a few options right now. I already have solid information on all of them but I'd prefer to have opinions from others, especially since I bet some of you have actually driven a number of these.

Criteria:
Straight line performance
Handling
Total driving experience
Reliability
Cost of maintenance
Badge prestige
Luxury (fit and finish, ride quality)
Technology and features

My options
2007 Infiniti G35 sedan
2006 CLK 500
2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe
2004/2005 Porsche Cayenne S
2006 Lexus IS350

Cc: Nurey, Costee, Kingreign, Jakumo, CityNGR, Radautoworks, Gazzuzz, Banky3w, thebigkendo, obekediamondfuto, mammanbawa, OPUSDEI, Philadelphia and the host of Demeanors worldwide. grin

bro I'd strongly advise u go for the is350
but that's just me

and..... no technical stuff

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by RZArecta2(m): 1:04am On Feb 15, 2019
Ephort:
I need an advice on a good Nigerian used car that a budget of 700k to 800k max could get. I'm in Abuja.
Volvo S60 2004/05 with change to spare sef
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Gololuchukwu: 2:16am On Feb 15, 2019
Tokunbo corolla sport 2006 model for 1.6m. For more details and affordable cars contact me on whatsapp 09032754614
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 10:15am On Feb 15, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

bro I'd strongly advise u go for the is350
but that's just me

and..... no technical stuff

Pick your top 4 criteria and then we can answer
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by chillex8(m): 10:17am On Feb 15, 2019
radautoworks:

Good morning.
Can I visit your office for my AC diagnosis and subsequent repair
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 10:23am On Feb 15, 2019
chillex8:

Good morning.
Can I visit your office for my AC diagnosis and subsequent repair

Of course! We reopen Monday.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2019
radautoworks:

Lolz, what's on my mind now is Tesla.... But unfortunately we cannot drive that in naija....

Has anyone seen a Tesla in naija?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Hustlersdiary: 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

Lolz, what's on my mind now is Tesla.... But unfortunately we cannot drive that in naija....

Two Teslas has been spotted in Lagos.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:03pm On Feb 15, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

I don't know about Tesla but Nissan leaf is in naija, building a personal charging port shouldn't be an headache. A little knowledge about electricity a prototype seen online, an Engineer, money kudi owo and you have your own personal charging port for an electric car
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 9:10pm On Feb 15, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

Yup. My uncle has one.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:04am On Feb 16, 2019
Wow, so that's my dream vehicle.... Tesla X.....
I'm thinking GREEN!

@hustlerdiary and auntyradu.... How do they charge the vehicles...

@ nurey I haven't seen a leaf oh....

Auntyradu I hope u guys are thinking in this direction? Building a charging hub for EVs
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 16, 2019
obekediamondfuto:
Wow, so that's my dream vehicle.... Tesla X.....
I'm thinking GREEN!

@hustlerdiary and auntyradu.... How do they charge the vehicles...

@ nurey I haven't seen a leaf oh....

Auntyradu I hope u guys are thinking in this direction? Building a charging hub for EVs

But u don't even need to build a charging hub for a Tesla. U can charge it in ur hole with the supplied mobile connector. Just plug it in like u are plugging ur mobile phone. It becomes even better in this country since we use 220/240v instead if 110 found in most homes in the US. With 240v u can charge ur car overnight and get more than 2/3rd battery by morning.

As per Nissan leaf, check this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4218967/nissan-leaf-all-electric-vehicle-spotted
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:24pm On Feb 16, 2019
greenhulk:

But u don't even need to build a charging hub for a Tesla. U can charge it in ur hole with the supplied mobile connector. Just plug it in like u are plugging ur mobile phone. It becomes even better in this country since we use 220/240v instead if 110 found in most homes in the US. With 240v u can charge ur car overnight and get more than 2/3rd battery by morning.

wow, that's really nice....

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.