Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,258 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444274 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nettuno: 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
Please house, is a 2007/2008 Honda Pilot EXL, a reliable ride especially in terms of everyday use, fuel economy, maintenance and durability.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2019
WilliamsChelster:
Please I got into an argument with a friend last night who kept saying his Honda Accord EOD has more sensors than my MB c350 angry How true is this please?

Cc: nurey, heavenlybang angry

So na because of that comment you dey frown? undecided
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by WilliamsChelster(m): 7:42pm On Jun 20, 2019
kingreign:

So na because of that comment you dey frown? undecided

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 7:59pm On Jun 20, 2019
[quote author=WilliamsChelster post=79521064][/quote]

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2019
Aquariann:

I sent the mail to your Gmail and copied your ymail
Email replied
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:10pm On Jun 20, 2019
Nettuno:
Please house, is a 2007/2008 Honda Pilot EXL, a reliable ride especially in terms of everyday use, fuel economy, maintenance and durability.

Yes it is. everyday use, he go answer you

maintenance he no dey breakdown, he kakaraka like olumo rock

durability he go swim inside water komot shake body, he go pass rough road with ogbonge alacrity

fuel economy, SUVs are synonymous to fuel economy you can't eat your cake and have it. if fuel economy is top priority Honda CRV, HRV or element is your target
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aquariann: 8:14pm On Jun 20, 2019
nurey:

Email replied

Gracias Boss. You were more than helpful
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nettuno: 12:02am On Jun 21, 2019
nurey:

Yes it is. everyday use, he go answer you

maintenance he no dey breakdown, he kakaraka like olumo rock

durability he go swim inside water komot shake body, he go pass rough road with ogbonge alacrity

fuel economy, SUVs are synonymous to fuel economy you can't eat your cake and have it. if fuel economy is top priority Honda CRV, HRV or element is your target

Thanks for your clarifications. Was a bit concerned that it comes across as a cheap SUV. Does it matter if it is Front Wheel Drive or AWD?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:24am On Jun 21, 2019
Nettuno:

Thanks for your clarifications. Was a bit concerned that it comes across as a cheap SUV. Does it matter if it is Front Wheel Drive or AWD?

It does, front wheel drive has better fuel economy than 4WD

4 wheel drive suspension are heavier and also costlier to replace.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nettuno: 6:08am On Jun 21, 2019
nurey:

It does, front wheel drive has better fuel economy than 4WD

4 wheel drive suspension are heavier and also costlier to replace.

Thanks a great deal !
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by maturemindsonly(m): 7:09am On Jun 21, 2019
nurey:

Yes the Honda Accord 03-05 has more sensors than a 1990 C350

Wicked
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Loujay(m): 8:07am On Jun 21, 2019
Could someone please compare in details Toyota Avalon 2006 Limited vs. Lexus ES330 2006.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 8:12am On Jun 21, 2019
Loujay:
Could someone please compare in details Toyota Avalon 2006 Limited vs. Lexus ES330 2006.

It's a different ball game, TOYOTA Avalon should had been a Lexus ES
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:44am On Jun 21, 2019
Loujay:

I'd take the Avalon, tbh.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by jasena: 10:32am On Jun 21, 2019
please house, i would like to know if the parts of hyundai santa fe are relatively affordable compared to their toyota counterparts. thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by chidekings(m): 10:44am On Jun 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

I'd take the Avalon, tbh.
Reasons please
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by MDDarah84(m): 9:47am On Jun 22, 2019
Greats,

Kindly advice between Honda EOD 2005 and DC 2005 in terms of fuel economy, durability,resale value etc.

Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:31am On Jun 22, 2019
MDDarah84:
Greats,

Kindly advice between Honda EOD 2005 and DC 2005 in terms of fuel economy, durability,resale value etc.

Thank you

Honda Accord 2003 to 2007

03 to 05 is EOD

06 and 07 is DC
difference is exterior upgrade and engine tweaking. It's advice able to buy 05 to 07 as 03 and 04 gear were very unreliable.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by jceesquare(m): 11:03am On Jun 22, 2019
nurey:

Honda Accord 2003 to 2007

03 to 05 is EOD

06 and 07 is DC
difference is exterior upgrade and engine tweaking. It's advice able to buy 05 to 07 as 03 and 04 gear were very unreliable.
No let the Volvo guy see this ooO.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:45am On Jun 22, 2019
jceesquare:

No let the Volvo guy see this ooO.

I don't need to lie or cover up for a maker, I tell the truth as it is. Honda and Acura had severe gear reliability in some model line up. The 03 and 04 is well known for its sensitive gear, any palm oil use and replacement is next.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
nurey:

I don't need to lie or cover up for a maker, I tell the truth as it is. Honda and Acura had severe gear reliability in some model line up. The 03 and 04 is well known for its sensitive gear, any palm oil use and replacement is next.
Jux passing in my Mercedes Benz.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chepy: 7:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
Please Nurey, heavenlybang & Co.
Help me compare these two cars
2006 Lexus ES 330 & 2008 Toyota Camry Le in terms of...
1.) Price
2.) Interior
3.)Speed
4.)Cost of Maintenance
5.Durability

I know most Le’s come with fabric interiors, I’m not a fan of fabric interior and 4cylinder cars.. But I think there are some with factory leather and v6.
And I intend buying Tokunbo to be precise.

Thanks in advance
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
Chepy:
Please
1.) Price
2.) Interior
3.)Speed
4.)Cost of Maintenance
5.Durability

I know most Le’s come with fabric interiors, I’m not a fan of fabric interior and 4cylinder cars.. But I think there are some with factory leather and v6.

Thanks in advance

price is extremely close I have seen the topmost trim of the ES330 go for 2.1m but I guess the 08 Camry V6 LE with leather should hover around 2.1 to 2.5m depending on source.

Interior the ES330 is top here, base to base better audio system, wood finish, Formica better interior materials and more Airbags. The high-end ES330 comes with DVD and navigation screen.

speed the Camry V6 tops 3.5L 268hp vs 3.3L 225hp, the Camry will leave the Lexus gasping for air also the Camry V6 has a better fuel economy than the ES though negligible and close.

Cost of maintenance the ES wins here since it shares part with 03 to 06 Camry. engine cheaper and more solid compared to the 2AZ 4cylinder, it is also preferred to the 2GR V6 aluminium block.

Durability both are durable, Camry is robber and vandals magnet. both will serve you if used as intended.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:39pm On Jun 22, 2019
Chepy:
1.) Price
2.) Interior
3.)Speed
4.)Cost of Maintenance
5.Durability

Thanks in advance

As always, Nurey is spot on. That said, I wouldn't buy a 2007-2009 Camry i4. Buy a V6. If you must buy the i4, get the 10/11.

ES330 is more luxurious across the board.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chepy: 8:44pm On Jun 22, 2019
nurey:

price is extremely close I have seen the topmost trim of the ES330 go for 2.1m but I guess the 08 Camry V6 LE with leather should hover around 2.1 to 2.5m depending on source.

Interior the ES330 is top here, base to base better audio system, wood finish, Formica better interior materials and more Airbags. The high-end ES330 comes with DVD and navigation screen.

speed the Camry V6 tops 3.5L 268hp vs 3.3L 225hp, the Camry will leave the Lexus gasping for air also the Camry V6 has a better fuel economy than the ES though negligible and close.

Cost of maintenance the ES wins here since it shares part with 03 to 06 Camry. engine cheaper and more solid compared to the 2AZ 4cylinder, it is also preferred to the 2GR V6 aluminium block.

Durability both are durable, Camry is robber and vandals magnet. both will serve you if used as intended.

Th
HeavenlyBang:

As always, Nurey is spot on. That said, I wouldn't buy a 2007-2009 Camry i4. Buy a V6. If you must buy the i4, get the 10/11.

ES330 is more luxurious across the board.
Alright.. Thanks a lot..
I really appreciate, I love the ES 330 very well too except for the shape grin although I think I’ll be going with it

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by gman55(m): 11:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
2008 Toyota Tacoma and 2008 Ford F-150 Truck in terms of...
1.) Price
2.) Durability
3.) Availability of parts and Mechanic
4.)Cost of Maintenance
5.) Second hand value

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:52am On Jun 23, 2019
gman55:
2008 Toyota Tacoma and 2008 Ford F-150 Truck in terms of...
1.) Price
2.) Durability
3.) Availability of parts and Mechanic
4.)Cost of Maintenance
5.) Second hand value

Thanks

The Tacoma is expensive to acquire than the Ford due to the Toyota mentality in naija.

Both vehicles are durable, there chassis was built specifically for rugged terrain

Parts and mechanic know how Boku. The Ford engines are built to last a lifetime whether high mileage or not they don't give up easily

Cost of maintenance depends on what engine the vehicle came with. I did say the Ford would be cheaper because the suspension of the Ford platform is knot tight. I have a Navigator so I should know.

second hand value Toyota actually has this due to mentality.

If fuel economy is your choice and you don't intend to carry much cargo or tow much load the Tacoma is ok the 2.7L i4 is not underpowered and the 1GR V6 is a good Engine but replacement is 1m plus so watch of for its maintenance if you bought a V6. The good thing is it shares platform and parts with 4runner,Lexus GX, Prado, Fj cruiser so you won't be lacking parts for a while.

The Ford is a big badass truck known for its reliability and ability as the most popular truck in the world interns of sale and model followership. The 4.2L V6, 4.6L V8 and 5.4L V8 (my favorite) are very solid engines, they don't die easily and are capable of propelling the vehicle and cargo out of any rough terrain. The F150 shares platform and parts with Ford expedition, Lincoln navigator. The parts are available too but can be expensive though it won't be fake or chinco and the parts don't give way easily especially the suspension parts. You should only worry about compressor, alternator etc.

I as a person would prefer the Ford product, I have tested it and trust it to deliver but the Tacoma would be appropriate for city driving and it's less bulky for maneuvering and parking.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 7:04am On Jun 23, 2019
The Tacoma is expensive to acquire than the Ford due to the Toyota mentality in naija.
Ford F series truck same year as Tacoma is more expensive than Tacoma

Both vehicles are durable, there chassis was built specifically for rugged terrain

Ford F150, 250,350 raptors haves had issues with damaged and broken chassis. Check auction sites.

Parts and mechanic know how Boku. The Ford engines are built to last a lifetime whether high mileage or not they don't give up easily

Cost of maintenance depends on what engine the vehicle came with. I did say the Ford would be cheaper because the suspension of the Ford platform is knot tight. I have a Navigator so I should know.
They plenty for auction house and I see alot are mechanical issues

[color=#006600]second hand value Toyota actually has this due to mentality
everywhere, everybody knows Toyota is very reliable and durable. Even in US.

If fuel economy is your choice and you don't intend to carry much cargo or tow much load the Tacoma is ok the 2.7L i4 is not underpowered and the 1GR V6 is a good Engine but replacement is 1m plus so watch of for its maintenance if you bought a V6. The good thing is it shares platform and parts with 4runner,Lexus GX, Prado, Fj cruiser so you won't be lacking parts for a while.

The Ford is a big badass truck known for its reliability and ability as the most popular truck in the world interns of sale and model followership. The 4.2L V6, 4.6L V8 and 5.4L V8 (my favorite) are very solid engines, they don't die easily and are capable of propelling the vehicle and cargo out of any rough terrain. The F150 shares platform and parts with Ford expedition, Lincoln navigator. The parts are available too but can be expensive though it won't be fake or chinco and the parts don't give way easily especially the suspension parts. You should only worry about compressor, alternator etc.
na old motor you dey use compare. Try newer fords.

I as a person would prefer the Ford product, I have tested it and trust it to deliver but the Tacoma would be appropriate for city driving and it's less bulky for maneuvering and parking
[/quote]
Tacoma is very very much at home with off-road and dirt tracks, it's also not as hard to drive as the ford due to its size and weight.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:48am On Jun 23, 2019
kingreign:

Ford F series truck same year as Tacoma is more expensive than Tacoma

Ford F150, 250,350 raptors haves had issues with damaged and broken chassis. Check auction sites.

[/color]
[color=#006600]They plenty for auction house and I see alot are mechanical issues

everywhere, everybody knows Toyota is very reliable and durable. Even in US.

na old motor you dey use compare. Try newer fords.
[color=#550000]
I as a person would prefer the Ford product, I have tested it and trust it to deliver but the Tacoma would be appropriate for city driving and it's less bulky for maneuvering and parking

Tacoma is very very much at home with off-road and dirt tracks, it's also not as hard to drive as the ford due to its size and weight.

All your complaint are noted. But if you check the ratio of vehicle sold to complaint made, you will see a wide positive margin for the F-series.

concerning the chassis and other mechanical issues, it is owner inflicted. A car has its limit and when you try to change law of physics what you get is damaged vehicle and parts.

Also the form platform the 11th generation sits on was same as the 1st generation navigator and expedition alot of things were carried over. Remember this platform also shares part with the Ford E series. The parts are interchangeable
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by gman55(m): 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2019
Thanks @Nurey and @Kingreign for your insights
Deeply appreciate
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by winner915: 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2019
From a newbie who knows only but little about cars and basically only learnt from YouTube and stuff, I don't wanna assume.....I need ur expertise brethrens;
Compare btw 05 Camry n 06 accord, which is a better buy in all sense
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
winner915:
From a newbie who knows only but little about cars and basically only learnt from YouTube and stuff, I don't wanna assume.....I need ur expertise brethrens;
Compare btw 05 Camry n 06 accord, which is a better buy in all sense

As a newbie just go and buy the 05 Camry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.