Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446856 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 7:02pm On Jun 27, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Engine can be quite unreliable. Buy a Civic instead.

I must own the 2013-2015 Civic. It’s a beauty and low maintenance
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by winner915: 9:58pm On Jun 27, 2019
nurey:

If the tough conditions is associated with scraping ground and flooded muddy road it's advice you find something with a high ground clearance.

CRV, Element, RAV4, outlander, Sportage, Tucson, Xtrail, Qashqi

@ nurey, is it fair to say then that Highlander may not be that ok for "a not too good" road like the young man noted....
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
winner915:

@ nurey, is it fair to say then that Highlander may not be that ok for "a not too good" road like the young man noted....

Highlander is ok for a not too good road, there are 2 categories I always share CUV to, those needed only for ground clearance (Rav 4, CRV, Sportage etc) and those needed for a bit off-road experience (Highlander, Hyundai santa Fe, Kia sorento etc)

the 1st sets are mostly 2 seats, they are mini in size and have a great fuel economy, they most come in 2WD but have 4WD variant too.

While the second sets are bigger and have 3rd row seats capability they are not as fuel efficient as the mini vehicles and they also have 4WD variant in addition to 2WD.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by valarinz: 11:49pm On Jun 28, 2019
nurey:

you have an SUV that does 16L/100km city driving and 10L/100km highway driving.

while

The Corolla is a saloon that does 8L/100km city and 6L/100km highway.

Nobody can decide for you,.you may want the Corolla badly but it may not be appropriate for your road network and passengers and luggage you intend to carry. Always factor other parameters before you make a choice

Each time Nigerians ask about a car, this is where our consultants and kazeems concentrate on : Fuel economy.

Pls are there no other things to talk about in a car other than mpg, or did he say he wants to do taxify?

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 12:00am On Jun 29, 2019
Honda Civic 2008 88k miles or Pontiac vibe 2005 120k miles
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:26am On Jun 29, 2019
valarinz:

Each time Nigerians ask about a car, this is where our consultants and kazeems concentrate on : Fuel economy.

Pls are there no not get things to talk about in a car other than mpg, or did he say he wants to do taxify?

You could have given him your own comparison since mine isn't good enough nobody will fault you for that.

Also a kazeem that assist others is useful than a professor that watches on the side line

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:30am On Jun 29, 2019
dicksonadams:
Honda Civic 2008 88k miles or Pontiac vibe 2005 120k miles

Civic is 3 years younger than vibe

Civic has less mileage than the vibe.

The Civic interior has leather, digital speedometer and not as ordinary as the vibe.

Vibe has an AWD variant for better traction.

vibe has cargo carrying capacity and ground clearance than the Civic.

fuel economy for both is close.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 4:37am On Jun 29, 2019
valarinz:

Pls are there no not get things to talk about in a car other than mpg, or did he say he wants to do taxify?
Don't mind kazeems like nurey. They don't talk about HP, torque, reliability, comfortability, suspension durability, safety, parts durability, security, comfort of other passengers etc etc some cars are so good that fuel economy is the least of your concerns

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 4:38am On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

Civic is 3 years younger than vibe

Civic has less mileage than the vibe.

The Civic interior has leather, digital speedometer and not as ordinary as the vibe.

Vibe has an AWD variant for better traction.

vibe has cargo carrying capacity and ground clearance than the Civic.

fuel economy for both is close.
Base your advice on exhaustive points
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 4:39am On Jun 29, 2019
winner915:

A not too good road will be better with the 4runner. Highlander is a devilish deception.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 4:43am On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

If the tough conditions is associated with scraping ground and flooded muddy road it's advice you find something with a high ground clearance.

CRV, Element, RAV4, outlander, Sportage, Tucson, Xtrail, Qashqi
Tough conditions... 4runner Pathfinder Xterra Landcruiser... Gwagen if he's a "believer".
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:13am On Jun 29, 2019
weyreypey:

Don't mind kazeems like nurey. They don't talk about HP, torque, reliability, comfortability, suspension durability, safety, parts durability, security, comfort of other passengers etc etc some cars are so good that fuel economy is the least of your concerns

You asked about HP and Torque on everyday vehicles with traffic prone roads, bad portions everywhere and insane drivers to contend with. HP and Torque is the list important determinant in vehicle purchase.

Reliability TOYOTA is still tops followed by it's Japanese relative.

Comfortability the last time I check all Japanese cars have seats, came with factory AC, sound systems and are available in leather seat. Those are the basic comfortable requirements.

Suspension durability saloon/sedan suspension parts last more than SUVs

safety seatbelts, airbags all available though the Dana spec Kia and Hyundai in some models have these missing but those are Korean not Japanese grin

The others are just gibberish. So When next you don't appreciate my comparison or you deem it biased, you can always give yours nobody would rebuke you for that we are all here to learn

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thebigkendo(m): 8:04am On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

You could have given him your own comparison since mine isn't good enough nobody will fault you for that.

Also a kazeem that assist others is useful than a professor that watches on the side line

I agree with this totally.. The worse part is he doesn't even bother to "help" when people ask for comparison about his beloved.. He only watches to criticize anybody who does not give a favourable one concerning the beloved

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 9:09am On Jun 29, 2019
thebigkendo:

I agree with this totally.. The worse part is he doesn't even bother to "help" when people ask for comparison about his beloved.. He only watches to criticize anybody who does not give a favourable one concerning the beloved

Then his opinion doesn’t worth a pinch of salt.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

HP and Torque is the list important determinant in vehicle purchase.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thebigkendo(m): 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2019
rationalmind:

Don't mind alfa nurey.. Like say make i slap am

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2019
it takes a novice or an automobile illiterate to deem a toyota comfortable.... where is the comfort? inside where... base mercedes cars can roll down windows using the key buttons since 1995, 2008 camry still cannot do that simple thing..... reliability for where... is it all those joining 13 pin to 10 pin gear that you call reliable, or big daddy that can ruin someone's life or muscle with melting dashboard? oga nurey be very careful.... or the pencil and fishlight that when you carry 3 adults at the back you start hearing krokrokrokrokro all day long?

when suspension is mentioned delete toyota.

nurey:

You asked about HP and Torque on everyday vehicles with traffic prone roads, bad portions everywhere and insane drivers to contend with. HP and Torque is the list important determinant in vehicle purchase.

Reliability TOYOTA is still tops followed by it's Japanese relative.

Comfortability the last time I check all Japanese cars have seats, came with factory AC, sound systems and are available in leather seat. Those are the basic comfortable requirements.

Suspension durability saloon/sedan suspension parts last more than SUVs

safety seatbelts, airbags all available though the Dana spec Kia and Hyundai in some models have these missing but those are Korean not Japanese grin

The others are just gibberish. So When next you don't appreciate my comparison or you deem it biased, you can always give yours nobody would rebuke you for that we are all here to learn

7 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rubbiish(m): 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2019
weyreypey:
it takes a novice or an automobile illiterate to deem a toyota comfortable.... where is the comfort? inside where... base mercedes cars can roll down windows using the key buttons since 1995, 2008 camry still cannot do that simple thing..... reliability for where... is it all those joining 13 pin to 10 pin gear that you call reliable, or big daddy that can ruin someone's life or muscle with melting dashboard? oga nurey be very careful.... or the pencil and fishlight that when you carry 3 adults at the back you start hearing krokrokrokrokro all day long?

when suspension is mentioned delete toyota.

U sound pained?
Even if u rant from now till death, you can not erase the record Toyota has established in Nigeria. It is better you save your energy for something more productive. 90% of u people shouting comfort can't afford 2018 Toyota avensis. Just come here to be making mouth...shouting comfort up and down...which car u dey ride? Go buy 2018 G wagon, make we hear word!

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2019
Rubbiish:

U sound pained?
Even if u rant from now till death, you can not erase the record Toyota has established in Nigeria. It is better you save your energy for something more productive. 90% of u people shouting comfort can't afford 2018 Toyota avensis. Just come here to be making mouth...shouting comfort up and down...which car u dey ride? Go buy 2018 G wagon, make we hear word!

hehehe you are lookn for who to kidnap shey?

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by winner915: 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2019
To whom it may concern;
My YouTube notification just alerted me that this is a reliable beast that most people don't even know about and then I looked it up but cld nt really grab the technical jargons so I'm here for your take on it and if we have good mechanics that know about them and can fix them....not trial and error mechanics.....
The beast na ....drums rolling....... cool grin

PONTIAC BONNEVILLE SSEI 2000-2005 edition.

Note; this was a June 29th, 2019 post of my YouTube page.

Guys and ladies alike, infact, all the automobile aficionados, make Una help me digest ds baby beast and give your unreserved opinion as brutal as possible.....

Thank y'all in advance.....shalom!!!!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:17pm On Jun 29, 2019
winner915:
To whom it may concern;
My YouTube notification just alerted me that this is a reliable beast that most people don't even know about and then I looked it up but cld nt really grab the technical jargons so I'm here for your take on it and if we have good mechanics that know about them and can fix them....not trial and error mechanics.....
The beast na ....drums rolling....... cool grin

PONTIAC BONNEVILLE SSEI 2000-2005 edition.

Note; this was a June 29th, 2019 post of my YouTube page.

Guys and ladies alike, infact, all the automobile aficionados, make Una help me digest ds baby beast and give your unreserved opinion as brutal as possible.....

Thank y'all in advance.....shalom!!!!

in 2009/2010 one of my aunt bought a Chevrolet Alero, light green colour from Cotonou I have forgotten the amount very beautiful looking vehicle.

Within a month, the engine don kpuff due to inability of the user (her child) to understand the working Dynamics as I am talking to you now they have not found the engine and the car is just a luxurious fashion show, it is just park there waiting for replacement Engine. You did ask can't mechanic rebuild it, well I am sure he could but where will he get gasket even if he can work other engine parts.

This particular Pontiac shares part with vehicles I have never seen on road or vehicles I have seen wasting away In kazeem shop, best advice is if you are in Nigeria just admire the car and walk away

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 29, 2019
thebigkendo:

Don't mind alfa nurey.. Like say make i slap am

Not sure I want to be in a vehicle where Nurey is the driver grin. Journey of 2 hours go fit take 10 hours.

That reminds me, who has seen greenhulk

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thebigkendo(m): 6:25pm On Jun 29, 2019
rationalmind:

Not sure I want to be in a vehicle where Nurey is the driver grin. Journey of 2 hours go fit take 10 hours.

That reminds me, who has seen greenhulk

I guess he is just lowkey observing

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by winner915: 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

in 2009/2010 one of my aunt bought a Chevrolet Alero, light green colour from Cotonou I have forgotten the amount very beautiful looking vehicle.

Within a month, the engine don kpuff due to inability of the user (her child) to understand the working Dynamics as I am talking to you now they have not found the engine and the car is just a luxurious fashion show, it is just park there waiting for replacement Engine. You did ask can't mechanic rebuild it, well I am sure he could but where will he get gasket even if he can work other engine parts.

This particular Pontiac shares part with vehicles I have never seen on road or vehicles I have seen wasting away In kazeem shop, best advice is if you are in Nigeria just admire the car and walk away

@nurey; ur experience and knowledge of autos Neva cease to amaze me.....inshort, all D's nairalanders ehn, Una too gbaski.....thanks for the details.

I kukuma know say by the time I finally make up my mind about the choice of vehicle I will by, with u guys I know I can Neva get it wrong after all it is said that "...HE THAT IS HUMBLE ENOUGH TO ASK FOR DIRECTIONS WILL NEVA HET LOST' even in a foreign land......

Thanks a million.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by winner915: 6:54pm On Jun 29, 2019
...just reminiscing about my childhood and remembered vividly that whenever we were gathered and discussing our different futures at the time, this was the common conclusion that "...WHEN I GROW UP MY FIRST CAR WILL BE PEUGEOT 504, 505 etc"

Guys, when I where did Peugeot get it wrong, apart from federal govt workers now when Dy manage use am (I stand corrected anyways), these cars don Dy slowly turn MAMMOTH or even SASQUATCH wey Dy either go into extinction or perhaps shy of civilization...inshort, PEUGEOT don turn the ABORIGINALS of Australia.....lol

Guys, what are your takes...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2019
winner915:
...just reminiscing about my childhood and remembered vividly that whenever we were gathered and discussing our different futures at the time, this was the common conclusion that "...WHEN I GROW UP MY FIRST CAR WILL BE PEUGEOT 504, 505 etc"

Guys, when I where did Peugeot get it wrong, apart from federal govt workers now when Dy manage use am (I stand corrected anyways), these cars don Dy slowly turn MAMMOTH or even SASQUATCH wey Dy either go into extinction or perhaps shy of civilization...inshort, PEUGEOT don turn the ABORIGINALS of Australia.....lol

Guys, what are your takes...

if I have extra cash on me I would buy the Peugeot 206 CC or 206 SW without blinking an eye lid.

Peugeot plenty in the north pass any other car 306, 206, 406, 407, 307, 301 all reliable vehicles.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by winner915: 7:40pm On Jun 29, 2019
How about their mechanic here in the south with Lagos being the location in view

nurey:

if I have extra cash on me I would buy the Peugeot 206 CC or 206 SW without blinking an eye lid.

Peugeot plenty in the north pass any other car 306, 206, 406, 407, 307, 301 all reliable vehicles.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thebigkendo(m): 7:42pm On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

grin grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:10pm On Jun 29, 2019
winner915:
How about their mechanic here in the south with Lagos being the location in view

Dem Boku Wella. Peugeot is everywhere 4 my area

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by winner915: 8:15pm On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

.....ahahahahahahhhahahhaha....did u say boku!!!!!!!!
Na good news b dt so far.

So for a 6.5" tall dude, which of them would you recommend?

Cost range of btw 800k-1.4m max
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 8:17pm On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

Na so you go drive people into Peugeot BSI wahala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by winner915: 8:25pm On Jun 29, 2019
weyreypey:

Na so you go drive people into Peugeot BSI wahala

@weyreypey

Pls, do share your opinions regardless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.