Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? (21014 Views)

Edo Lord's Chosen Members Storm The Roads For Their Publicity In Benin. Photos / House On The Rock Communion Day Outfits: Right Or Wrong? (Pics) / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by meforyou1(m): 8:44am On Aug 26, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Are the Pastors themselves not actors and actresses undecided
Mtcheeeew
i wonder o. Who acts more than a pastor for god's sake
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by dioman: 8:48am On Aug 26, 2018
Very wrong, the church is not a comedy centre or a show house rather the centre for teaching the doctrine (sound) of Christ. You can't sustain converted souls with comedy but with good teachings and revelations - Ps 119 v 130.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by KaptainAfrika: 8:58am On Aug 26, 2018
Its wrong to use carnal means to draw men, into the church, for if and when you use carnal means to draw men into the church, you must continue to use carnal means to keep them. And that which is carnal, is against the things of God.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Tammynator(m): 9:03am On Aug 26, 2018
From the pictures u posted, I think the invited celebrity guests are also pastors.

1 Like

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by gasparpisciotta: 9:07am On Aug 26, 2018
[quote author=Mklancee post=70617610]
You don't use those whom you claim are working for the devil to win soul for Christ. You so called Christians are the most confuse been on earth. One moment you call celebrities agent of the devil ,the very next minute you need them to win soul for your business [/quote/]

Sorry to disappoint you bro, we are all striving to make heaven in one way or the other be it Christian, pagan all of us are sinners hoping to be clean enough some day to face the consequences of our activities good or bad.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 26, 2018
Verrrrryyyyyy wrong I tell you.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Checked86: 9:31am On Aug 26, 2018
all fighting for market share
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by semyman: 9:31am On Aug 26, 2018
You have a misconception of the the churches intention here. Their intention is purely financial, argue with your ancestors
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by daveP(m): 9:33am On Aug 26, 2018
It's very wrong. very.

God gave us the Old Testament to know he takes the worship of him articulate and directly with instructions. The rules of restrictions were to many that it gave it part of its fear. it worked, but the access is the difference BTW both new and old.

This is what I term merchandising God's altar. Uzzah, Hophni and Phinehas passed their boundaries and paid with their lives.

These guys are not redeemed again due to their lifestyles. This is God's altar so live up to it.

It's sacredness is so so topnotch that the highest priest had to always consecrate himself before entering.

See, some things can be overlooked even as Christians. But not when God states this rules with his mouth. Don't only remember God takes his word over his name when it benefits you. It's all rounder.

Even the whites don't do such crap. They engage in holy laughter but not merchandising like calling Actors etc to mount the altar as though anointed and separated like Paul and Barnabas.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by greatID: 9:35am On Aug 26, 2018
missdivineprove:
Please Bible scholars in the house, help me out.

What is the Biblical meaning to this act please?
most big churches in Nigeria uses popular Nigeria actors, actresses, comedians to advertise church program /conventions.

I am not judging anyone. noone is perfect which I know. I'm actually getting sad about this. I was watching and enjoying this popular church program on the TV yesterday until one of those adverts came up. I don't know if I have a wrong idea about it, maybe my reasoning is not current. Please someone should help me out here.

1. is it right?
2. is it biblical
3. what's the spiritual indication about this
4. what's the motive behind this? or is it to make people believe no matter the level of their sinful life, a stripper can invite them to church?
For the fact that they are actors does not preclude them from doing the work of God. Many of us are Engineers, we still pastor churches. Lets stop this judgemental approach to everything. Some of them u see in those pictures are Evangelists. Acting is just a profession.

1 Like

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Bigdeeee: 9:40am On Aug 26, 2018
From your pictures, it’s very obvious it’s Potopoto Republic pastors that do such things.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 26, 2018
missdivineprove:

most big churches in Nigeria uses popular Nigeria actors, actresses, comedians to advertise church program /conventions.

I am not judging anyone. noone is perfect which I know. I'm actually getting sad about this. I was watching and enjoying this popular church program on the TV yesterday until one of those adverts came up. I don't know if I have a wrong idea about it, maybe my reasoning is not current. Please someone should help me out here.

1. is it right?
2. is it biblical
4. what's the motive behind this? or is it to make people believe no matter the level of their sinful life, a stripper can invite them to church?

It's all business.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by lereinter(m): 9:43am On Aug 26, 2018
simple

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by sarcasticdude(m): 9:51am On Aug 26, 2018
The next generation is watching,don't be suprised if christianity becomes archaic like the greek Gods in the future,my only regret is that I may never live long enough to witness it

charlatans
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by emerged01(m): 9:51am On Aug 26, 2018
This is very wrong. I will never agree to this kind of method of winning soul to the body of Christ. This case is just like a case of people using cart to carry The Ark of God. There are somethings that look right in the eyes of men but so wrong before God.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Suzie1(f): 9:54am On Aug 26, 2018
sad

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by megareal: 10:01am On Aug 26, 2018
If these people are guest speakers, or ministers who play an important role in the program, then no problem.

Where it's wrong is the Fire House Church banner, the actors there are not ministers. Probably just special guests.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by drololaaof: 10:08am On Aug 26, 2018
It is profanity mixing earthly things with God matters it is totally wrong ,what audience are they attracting ? If they have accepted Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior good but they are not the agent of transformation.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by semyman: 10:12am On Aug 26, 2018
Churches are over rated
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by monticalo: 10:42am On Aug 26, 2018
My dear as they say we are living by His grace . Lol. Even criminals , yahoo boys, ritualists, etc will tell u its by His Grace they are progressing and succeeding in what they do . Churches don't care anymore . 95% of church service going on now are talking about how material things will com your way and prosperity . If Jesus Christ in indeed coming very soon what would the church rather b preaching . Prosperity or salvation . Gone are those days you hear a pastor say or prophesy that there is somebdy here who have killed or is about to kill somebdy for money ritual . Rather what you here is there are twenty people here God is asking to sow a seen of 21,000 naira for one Or two material things to com their way . They say salvation is the greatest miracle but the question is how many people hv u heard com out and share that kind of testimony that they are saved . Nigerians love fun fun fun fun , as far as a Nigerian is concern life purpose is go to school , get a job , flex , post on social , look for a wife , start having sex , give birth , show off and DIE . in answer to your question and hustle acquire fame make money and Church directly or indirectly will come for you . Lol
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by lexy2014: 10:46am On Aug 26, 2018
sureheaven:
It’s neither wrong nor right, it’s a conflicting and confusing argument.
What’s wrong there is the argument because in argument, one can sin to God. shocked

Only God will judge in the end.
yes its true. They can as well bring lil wayne
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by litaninja(m): 10:50am On Aug 26, 2018
Its just good business...
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by jaxxy(m): 10:54am On Aug 26, 2018
missdivineprove:

1. is it right?
2. is it biblical

If a genuine pastor not scammer o has to Bring Ronaldo/cr7 to his church just to win souls I have no issues with it. God used pharaoh to achieve his plans also. Everything belongs to him.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2018
jaxxy:

If a genuine pastor not scammer o has to Bring Ronaldo/cr7 to his church just to win souls I have no issues with it. God used pharaoh to achieve his plans also. Everything belongs to him.
Ronaldo/cr7? this got me laughing. how is he going to win soul by bring Ronaldo to publicize the church program? maybe to show football fans that our bro Ronaldo also worship in that same church.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Urchskata: 11:21am On Aug 26, 2018
Is your religion that cuts innocent people's head, kidnap and rape little girls, kill pregnant women and remove their baby from their womb the best. Evil religion.
JesuEruOluwa:
Comedy in church encourages lying!

Well what do I know?

That won't stop pastors from sleeping with church members

Won't stop the pop and Catholic Bishops from being gay

Won't stop Choirmaster from sleeping with choristers!

Useless Religion with no bearing and direction!!!
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Pauladex(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2018
In the time of the Apostles, the Gospel carries irresistable power of God, they were all ablaze for God. In the day of pentecost, even the passerby saw undisputed miracle. Were there no actors and Actresses then? Come to think of it, when will they be allow in shrine? When will they crack their joke in mosque? That will never happen. Then we could conclude that many of those who possibly poses as Christian leaders are really sick spirituality.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by jaxxy(m): 11:37am On Aug 26, 2018
easyconnect:
Ronaldo/cr7? this got me laughing. how is he going to win soul by bring Ronaldo to publicize the church program? maybe to show football fans that our bro Ronaldo also worship in that same church.

I don’t know bt at least people need to pay attention or show up at ur program circular or spiritual to hear wat u have to offer. Lol
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Kdon2: 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
missdivineprove:

1. is it right?
2. is it biblical

It is wrong! Subtle Satanic infiltration into the church. Its supposed to be the presence of God not entertainment arena.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Richdad50(m): 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2018
Caseless:
grin

No be Nigerian church? Anything goes.

I respect the Catholic.
Yea you are right. They like Boys
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
All shades of wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by BluntBoy(m): 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2018
missdivineprove:

1. is it right?
2. is it biblical

The question you should be asking is: is there still a True Church of Christ?

In a True Church, solemnity is key. The worship of God is taken seriously and in spirit and truth. There can never be time for frivolous activities like comedy or giving undue attention to an individual simply because he is a celebrity or famous.

In a True Church, there was no need for publicity. Christ was seen in the lives of the saints. They didn't need to carry big Bibles. As a matter of fact, the saints were called Christians because people saw Christ in them. Their attitudes were totally Christlike.

May God help us all.
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by mysteryman2014: 1:35pm On Aug 26, 2018
Anything for the moni

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Predicts Death Of African Leader In 60 Days / Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other / A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.