Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,157 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A (4225 Views)

Ex-Governor T.A Orji Booed In Abia - The Sun / Governor T.A Orji Booed, Pelted At Bishop Ezeonyia's Burial In Aba! / Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Onlytruth(m): 9:58pm On Jun 27, 2010
Written by Biola Azeez, Umuahia   Sunday, 27 June 2010

Following several months of frosty situation and denial surrounding the particular political party that will take Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State to his second term in office, Sunday Tribune has gathered that the governor has concluded arrangement to declare for the All Progressive Alliance (APGA) this weekend.

This was on the heels of a call by Movement for Abia Reunion on Friday, advising the governor to jettison the Progressive People’s Alliance (PPA) and join any other party  to assure his re-election bid in 2011.

It would be recalled that the Governor Orji, who had expressed the intention to contest for second term in office, has not specified the political party under which he would achieve his ambition as there has been  intra-party crisis in PPA.

The placard-carrying crowd asked the governor to take a bold step by leaving the party, which they described as a family one, and which has in recent times resorted to insulting the governor and undermining his office.

The spokesperson of the group, Don Ubani, said Abia Reunion Movement is an umbrella body of all the pressure groups are campaigning for the second term of Governor Orji.

Ubani, who read a communique signed by Chairman of the group, Chief Allen Nwachukwu, and Secretary, Hon. Kingsley Imaga, debunked claims that the governor had failed, saying the governor had prudently managed the resources available to him to pilot the affairs of the state since his assumption of office.

Speaking, the governor, who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Donatus Okorie, said the governor remained the man to beat in 2011, but added that he would not be caught off guard in the matter.

He urged the crowd that besieged the Government House to ensure they have their voter’s register that will enable them vote for their preferred candidate at the elections.

It was gathered that Governor Orji met with the APGA national chairman, Chef Victor Umeh and Dim Odimegwu Ojukwu in Enugu last week, to prepare his eventual move to the APGA for the second term ambition.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/news/1419-orji-finalises-move-to-join-apga-
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Onlytruth(m): 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2010
I don't know how to take this, but I would take it as good sign that APGA is at least trying to do what it should do -capture the whole south east.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Onlytruth(m): 10:07pm On Jun 27, 2010
My general fear for him and for APGA is that he did not make his move early enough. I don't like decampments but Nigerian politics is full of it. If he left earlier he could have presented a new APGA manifesto to Abia electorates. Well, he is still the incumbent and can do a lot between now and next year's elections.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by metalgong5(m): 10:44pm On Jun 27, 2010
^^^^^

Also the dude already has a bad reputation as orji Uzor kalu's godson . . .

Lets just hope that his exit from PPA would liberate Abia people from the stranglehold of Orji Uzor Kalu and his mother.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by EzeUche(m): 11:26pm On Jun 27, 2010
I don't know how to take this. I mean really, how should I take this?

Should I be angry, upset, excited?
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Abagworo(m): 11:40pm On Jun 27, 2010
i'm happy he is out of ppa paving way for an ngwaman to be the next governor under pdp or ppa.it is worthy of note that the three names ubani,imaga and nwachukwu suggest ngwa backing for orji2.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by EzeUche(m): 2:21am On Jun 28, 2010
Abagworo:

i'm happy he is out of ppa paving way for an ngwaman to be the next governor under pdp or ppa.it is worthy of note that the three names ubani,imaga and nwachukwu suggest ngwa backing for orji2.

An Ngwa as governor of Abia State? shocked

God forbid!
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by slap1(m): 3:36am On Jun 28, 2010
The only thing the Abia people need is a governor that will stop the 'mamacracy' currently practised there. I dislike the PDP, but decamping therein is the best thing T.A. Orji can do for Abians, at least most of his decisions would be made independently. Going to APGA is akin to leaving the state for Kalu and his incredibly strange mother.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Onlytruth(m): 5:05am On Jun 28, 2010
slap1:

The only thing the Abia people need is a governor that will stop the 'mamacracy' currently practised there. I dislike the PDP, but decamping therein is the best thing T.A. Orji can do for Abians, at least most of his decisions would be made independently. Going to APGA is akin to leaving the state for Kalu and his incredibly strange mother.

lol! I don't know much about Abia state politics. My happiness about Orji's possible move to APGA is because I trust APGA more than any other party in Nigeria. Until Nigeria changes (which I doubt really undecided) other parties cannot be that good for Abia state. PDP will answer to Abuja more than Abia people. PPA will answer to Kalu family. APGA answers to Ndigbo.
The sooner we have all south east governors in APGA the sooner we would get that regional master plan thinking of balancing development in the whole south east.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by mbulela: 5:25am On Jun 28, 2010
all we are talking about is his party?
No one is talking about he man's ineptitude and cluelessness in the face of mounting garbage, bad roads and break down of law and order in that state.
Abia has become a den of robbers and kidnappers under his watch and he has the effontery to talk about 2nd term
The man ought to be tied to a stake and shot repeatedly.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by slap1(m): 5:25am On Jun 28, 2010
APGA is relatively weak in about all the South-East states, they need to step up their game.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by slap1(m): 5:28am On Jun 28, 2010
mbulela:

all we are talking about is his party?
No one is talking about he man's ineptitude and cluelessness in the face of mounting garbage, bad roads and break down of law and order in that state.
Abia has become a den of robbers and kidnappers under his watch and he has the effontery to talk about 2nd term
The man ought to be tied to a stake and shot repeatedly.
And Kalu and his mother, the real culprits, be worshipped and adored? Take it easy.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by udezue(m): 5:50am On Jun 28, 2010
Can't APGA find a better man to represent them in Abia? Yes its good they expanding but at the sametime they should be careful to not tarnish their image in their bid to expand across the East. Its good thing but I also see the negatives. Well hopefully he does better but uhm I hope his move to APGA ensures that APGA has a stronghold in Abia
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Onlytruth(m): 6:07am On Jun 28, 2010
udezue:

Can't APGA find a better man to represent them in Abia? Yes its good they expanding but at the sametime they should be careful to not tarnish their image in their bid to expand across the East. Its good thing but I also see the negatives. Well hopefully he does better but uhm I hope his move to APGA ensures that APGA has a stronghold in Abia

Exactly my fears cry

I am worried that he may dent APGA.
I'm not in Abia state and I really don't know Orji as a person. All I know of him is that he is like the Ngige before his kidnapping by Chris Uba which changed him. I'm holding my breath that maybe, just maybe Orji wants to liberate himself and Abia state from the stranglehold of Kalu.
Nobody knew that Ngige could do anything good for Anamabra state until he dumped his godfather. My prayer is that Orji turns out to be like Ngige in Abia state. APGA is already popular in Igboland (never mind PDP lies). In any free and fair elections in Igboland, APGA stands a chance, unless the candidate is irredeemably notorious.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Onlytruth(m): 6:11am On Jun 28, 2010
slap1:

APGA is relatively weak in about all the South-East states, they need to step up their game.

@slap1

Are you really in Uturu? Could you help us with rough information about APGA in Imo and Abia? Thanks.

One of the things I admired most about Chekwas Okorie was that he was a rabble rouser who knew how to market APGA. Victor Umeh is not like him. sad
I hope APGA is still waxing strong in Imo and Abia.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by excanny: 7:59am On Jun 28, 2010
I'm from Abia, but unfortunately i don't know much about the place. Nonetheless, i have a keen interest in every single ant that walks on that soil. Personally, i feel the governorship tussle in Abia is like being between the devil and the deep blue sea. As much as the performance of T.A. Orji has been unsatisfactory so far, i still do not want the OUK family to cash in on the situation. Abia state is not a family inheritance.
Its really a smart move on the part of APGA, at least to get rid of these alien parties that are remote-controlled by people who dont have Igbo interests at heart. Perhaps we may get to see the true face of T.A. Orji when he's let loose from the OUK family bondage.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by ReachRich(m): 10:36am On Jun 28, 2010
This news is false.T A Orji has not decamped to APGA.in a public forum where he was called up to speak,he said he is 1 of the founding members of PPA and dat nobody can kick him out of PPA.His campaign posters still carry PPA logo.He is just having probs with his godfather OUK,which may be resolved soon.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Onlytruth(m): 4:06am On Jun 30, 2010
ReachRich:

This news is false.T A Orji has not decamped to APGA.in a public forum where he was called up to speak,he said he is 1 of the founding members of PPA and dat nobody can kick him out of PPA.His campaign posters still carry PPA logo.He is just having probs with his godfather OUK,which may be resolved soon.

[size=14pt]
Abia Governor Heads for APGA
[/size]

From Emmanuel Ugwu in Umuahia and Kunle Akogun in Abuja, 06.30.2010

Unable to reconcile political differences with his party the Peoples Progressive Alliance (PPA), Abia State Governor may have concluded plans to move to the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA).

This comes as the members of the state House of Assembly yesterday passed a vote of confidence on him.
Orji dumped the PPA following months of intense power struggle between him and his predecessor and Chairman Board of Trustees (BoT) of PPA Chief Orji Uzor Kalu.

Although, the governor’s camp has refused to confirm his exit from the party, THISDAY gathered that the Anambra State Governor Peter Obi, elected on the platform of APGA, is giving Orji huge support at this crucial time.
Senior Special Assistant General Duties to the Abia governor, Mr. Sam Hart, said in a telephone interview last night that the governor would make his move known in a week.

“The governor is still consulting with the people of Abia State on whose behalf he took the decisions he has taken so far. In a week’s time, His Excellency will make public the party he is going to join.
“Whatever decision he takes will be in the best interest of the good people of Abia State,” said Hart.
On Monday, the party leadership had ordered him to pay all outstanding salaries as well as make effort to reconcile with Kalu and the Deputy Governor Comrade Chris Akomas.

But the governor through his spokesman said he had never been given the opportunity to tell his own side of the story.
The governor has asked the PPA to make public his written response to the issues raised against him. He has transmitted his resignation letter to the party chairman of his ward (Ugba ward II).

The Chief of Staff to the governor, who is the junior brother to Kalu, Mr. Mascot Uzor Kalu, has also resigned. He is said to have resigned on grounds that he can not bear “the moral burden” of staying in government.
But Abia State lawmakers, while reviewing their activities at the end of the third anniversary of the fourth legislative session of the House, took a divergent position from the PPA leadership.
They argued that Orji has performed well given the resources available to him. He has managed the affairs of the state in a mature manner, they added.

The tone for the commendation of the governor was set by the member representing Bende South state constituency, Hon Princewill Onyegbu, who invited his fellow lawmakers to commend the governor for saving Abia from total collapse.
He said the insecurity in the state was beyond the sate government since the governor has no control of security agencies. He added that Orji has done his best to tackle the problem, before getting both the Presidency and the police high command to assist in managing the situation.

Other lawmakers spoke in the same manner.  Special Adviser to the governor on Electronic Media Mr. Ugochukwu Emezue slammed the National Working Committee (NWC) of PPA for not giving Orji a chance to defend himself.
According to him, when Orji got the letter of summon dated June 15, 2010, inviting him to appear before the NWC to respond to the petition against him, Orji wrote back, explaining that he was indisposed and asked for two weeks grace.

He said that the governor followed up his request by sending a written response to the allegations against him and wondered why the party leadership failed to make public the document before issuing their order and ultimatum.
“The Governor of Abia State, T.A. Orji wants them (NWC) to make open the letters so that people could see the true picture of things,” Emezue said.

The governor’s spokesman faulted the NWC, saying that the PPA national leadership has deliberately feigned ignorance of developments in Abia by issuing ultimatum on salary arrears that had already been cleared.
“No civil servant, including teachers, is owed salary in Abia,” he maintained.

It was believed that Orji would join the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) given his close relationship with President Goodluck Jonathan. But analysts say it is not that easy. One of the governor’s aides who spoke on condition of anonymity said: “Leaving PPA for PDP would be antamount to jumping from frying pan to fire.”

He said the crisis in Abia PDP has made it politically unwise for the governor to go there. “You know Abia PDP has over 10 active camps. You have Ojo Maduekwe on one side, Onyema Ugochukwu, Enyinnaya Abaribe, Vincent Ogbulafor, Empire Kanu, Steve Ihedigbo, etc. Each of these people do not see eye to eye with one another and they are all gladiators in the Abia State chapter of the party.

“To have them all support you, you have to make them promises and reach compromises with them. By the time you finish reaching compromises with all these power brokers, you will have little space left to manoeuvre on your own which is probably the case with PPA currently.

“So, you see that it doesn’t make much political sense to leave PPA for PDP. APGA is a progressive party and the party of Ndigbo, so it will be easier to settle down in APGA with zero or little forces to contend with than enter the lion’s den that is the PDP.”
If and when he officially announces his exit from the party, Orji would be the second PPA governor to leave the party owing to political differences with Kalu. Imo State Governor Ikedi Ohakim who was elected on the platform of the PPA has joined the PDP. The same could be said of  other states where the state chief executives left their party for many reasons including unbearable influence of their godfathers.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=177095
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Onlytruth(m): 4:11am On Jun 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

[size=14pt]

It was believed that Orji would join the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) given his close relationship with President Goodluck Jonathan. But analysts say it is not that easy. One of the governor’s aides who spoke on condition of anonymity said: “[b]Leaving PPA for PDP would be antamount to jumping from frying pan to fire
.”

He said the crisis in Abia PDP has made it politically unwise for the governor to go there. “You know Abia PDP has over 10 active camps. You have Ojo Maduekwe on one side, Onyema Ugochukwu, Enyinnaya Abaribe, Vincent Ogbulafor, Empire Kanu, Steve Ihedigbo, etc. Each of these people do not see eye to eye with one another and they are all gladiators in the Abia State chapter of the party.

“To have them all support you, you have to make them promises and reach compromises with them. By the time you finish reaching compromises with all these power brokers, you will have little space left to manoeuvre on your own which is probably the case with PPA currently.

So, you see that it doesn’t make much political sense to leave PPA for PDP. APGA is a progressive party and the party of Ndigbo, so it will be easier to settle down in APGA with zero or little forces to contend with than enter the lion’s den that is the PDP.”
If and when he officially announces his exit from the party, Orji would be the second PPA governor to leave the party owing to political differences with Kalu. Imo State Governor Ikedi Ohakim who was elected on the platform of the PPA has joined the PDP. The same could be said of  other states where the state chief executives left their party for many reasons including unbearable influence of their godfathers.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=177095

If he wants to survive at all politically, he must move to APGA as soon as possible. We will have a free and fair elections (at least outside of the presidential race tongue).
APGA will win in Abia because PDP is a den of thieves and PPA is not much better.

He must endeavor to move with members of the house. Abia state deserves a truly ideological party.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by mbulela: 5:13am On Jun 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

If he wants to survive at all politically, he must move to APGA as soon as possible. We will have a free and fair elections (at least outside of the presidential race tongue).
APGA will win in Abia because PDP is a den of thieves and PPA is not much better.

He must endeavor to move with members of the house. Abia state deserves a truly ideological party.

Dude, what are you talking about?
Have you been to Abia state?
the man is inept beyond redemption.
He should be tied to a stake and same should be done to Orji uzor and his mother.
You can not use ideology and these barbarians in the same sentence.
The only ideology these men know is excellence in loting and mediocrity in public service.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Onlytruth(m): 5:18am On Jun 30, 2010
mbulela:

He should be tied to a stake and same should be done to Orji uzor and his mother.
The only ideology these men know is excellence in loting and mediocrity in  public service.

Dude, did you read my comment or did you just shoot from the hip without reading?
Who said anything about PPA and ideology?

For your information, Dr Chris Ngige was just like T.A. Orji in Anambra state in 2003. Exactly the same!

No one ever dreamed that Ngige could do anything good for Anambra state until he fell out with Chris Uba.

The new Ngige transformed beyond belief.

So T.A Orji may be wanting to shed Orji Uzor Kalu and PPA before he can deliver dividends of democracy to Abia state citizens.

I don't think you can ever compare APGA with PPA or PDP in terms of corruption.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by EzeUche(m): 6:02am On Jun 30, 2010
mbulela:

The only ideology these men know is excellence in loting and mediocrity in public service.

You aren't lying though. Abia State is my home state and these Orjis have made a mess of our state. Even Umuahia is not safe anymore. More attention should be given to Aba which it comes to power since it is the commercial heart of the state yet these inept people want to chop chop chop.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by mbulela: 7:02am On Jun 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

Dude, did you read my comment or did you just shoot from the hip without reading?

For your information, Dr Chris Ngige was just like T.A. Orji in Anambra state in 2003. Exactly the same!

No one ever dreamed that Ngige could do anything good for Anambra state until he fell out with Chris Uba.

So T.A Orji may be wanting to shed Orji Uzor Kalu and PPA before he can deliver dividends of democracy to Abia state citizens.

apologies for whatever error or misinterpretation.
However, i insist that that man is inept beyond redemption.
If the chi that cracked his palm kernel was a good chi, he would have resigned if he was helpless and held bound by the Kalus.
Do you know how many people i know that have been kidnapped on Obehie road?
Do you know how many people pack their cars in Obi ibo and take public transport to Aba abd back, then to PH?
Have you seen the filth in Aba?
Have you been to Umuahia?
If that inept soul had the love of Abia and Kalu tied his hands such that he could do nothing, he should have resigned instead of jumping from one party to another,seeking to perpetuate his ineptitude.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Jun 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

So now the Party makes the Man? WOW!!!
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Onlytruth(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So now the Party makes the Man? WOW!!!

In essense, yes the party makes the man! cool
That is what multiparty democracy is about isn't it?
How can a thief bear the banner of an honest and prudent party?
It is virtually impossible especially when you have characters like the great Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu as the party leader. The example APGA has shown in Anambra state is a good one. The governor may not be a trailblazer but he is one of the most prudent governors in Nigeria. No doubt about that. Abia state can benefit from APGA manifesto because frankly APGA has a manifesto -an ideological one too.
If Orji is irredeemable, he will not stay in APGA. He may not even make it to APGA because I doubt they would bend the rules for him.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Onlytruth(m): 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2010
My support for Orji to move to APGA is predicated on the assumption that he would be transformed into a real prudent and performing governor, not a puppet of the Kalu family, or a PDP mole in Igboland. APGA openly canvass Igbo interest, and stealing Abia state blind is NOT in Igbo interest.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

In essense, yes the party makes the man! cool
That is what multiparty democracy is about isn't it?
Since when did multiparty democracy become this? Since when did it become the case that a thief and inept leader can be cleansed of his ills by simply jumping over to a party with an ideology seen as better than even that which he subscribes to as a person? Na wa ooo!!

Onlytruth:

How can a thief bear the banner of an honest and prudent party?
So, you admit it is virtually impossible but you still fee this thief will be cleansed by his bearing the banner of a new party? ** scratching head on this one***
Onlytruth:

It is virtually impossible especially when you have characters like the great Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu as the party leader. The example APGA has shown in Anambra state is a good one. The governor may not be a trailblazer but he is one of the most prudent governors in Nigeria. No doubt about that. Abia state can benefit from APGA manifesto because frankly APGA has a manifesto -an ideological one too.
If Orji is irredeemable, he will not stay in APGA. He may not even make it to APGA because I doubt they would bend the rules for him.
pull back please . . . so, the way Abia can benefit is for the Abian thief to jump to the APGA party? Somehow that is supposed to save Abia state?
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Onlytruth(m): 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Since when did multiparty democracy become this? Since when did it become the case that a thief and inept leader can be cleansed of his ills by simply jumping over to a party with an ideology seen as better than even that which he subscribes to as a person? Na wa ooo!!

So, you admit it is virtually impossible but you still fee this thief will be cleansed by his bearing the banner of a new party? ** scratching head on this one***pull back please . . .  so, the way Abia can benefit is for the Abian thief to jump to the APGA party? Somehow that is supposed to save Abia state?

Look, I have already explained this several times. I really doubt that APGA would touch T.A Orji unless there is something positive from him. I doubt that a thief would enhance APGA image in the south east. So, if Orji ends up in APGA, I have to assume he is willing to transform.
We have seen it before in Anambra state where a governor who went to swear at the Okija shrine and was working with a known thief to pillage our coffers, woke up one day to say enough.
T.A Orji mirrors Ngige in almost every way. If you told anyone in Anambra state in 2003 that Ngige would become one the BEST (if not the very best) governor in Anambra state history, no one would have believed you. They'd laugh in your face in 2003.
We now know better, and the rest is history.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by 006(m): 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2010
EzeUche:

I don't know how to take this. I mean really, how should I take this?

Should I be angry, upset, excited?

Exactly my feeling. undecided

A crook is always a crook. I don't know much about Gov. Orji, so I don't know his philosophy of life.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

Look, I have already explained this several times. I really doubt that APGA would touch T.A Orji unless there is something positive from him. I doubt that a thief would enhance APGA image in the south east. So, if Orji ends up in APGA, I have to assume he is willing to transform.
We have seen it before in Anambra state where a governor who went to swear at the Okija shrine and was working with a known thief to pillage our coffers, woke up one day to say enough.
T.A Orji mirrors Ngige in almost every way. If you told anyone in Anambra state in 2003 that Ngige would become one the BEST (if not the very best) governor in Anambra state history, no one would have believed you. They'd laugh in your face in 2003.
We now know better, and the rest is history.

Are you sure we have seen it before, or out of desperation, you are trying to make it seem that way? May I suggest you go back and check your records again. Comparing Ngige to Orji is like comparing . . . in fact, no. Just tell us how you arrived at that sef.
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Onlytruth(m): 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Are you sure we have seen it before, or out of desperation, you are trying to make it seem that way? May I suggest you go back and check your records again. Comparing Ngige to Orji is like comparing  . . . in fact, no. Just tell us how you arrived at that sef.

So you do not recall how Chris Uba used to rule Anambra state? It was Emeka Offor before him using Gov Mbadinuju for 4 years. Ngige was single handedly made the governor by Chris Uba (using Obasanjos federal police and electoral officials). Ngige swore at the Okija shrine to abide by the ignoble agreement of opening Anambra state coffers to Chris Uba such that Anambra was basically grounded - no worker paid, teachers strikes, insecurity, Onitsha became a huge refuse bin, no road constructed, virtually nothing done. Until one day when Chris Uba kidnapped Ngige and wanted to depose him, replacing him with his deputy. Ngige survived through the grace of God and Atiku (then VP).
That was the day of liberation in Anambra state. Nothing has ever being the same.

Orji Kalu wanted to do the same thing to T.A Orji, and the latter is fighting for his political life.

If he survives, no one can be sure of how he would perform. I am not part of the leadership of APGA (will join them soon though). They must know something I don't know to allow Orji come in (if he goes there).
Re: Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Jun 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

So you do not recall how Chris Uba used to rule Anambra state? It was Emeka Offor before him using Gov Mbadinuju for 4 years. Ngige was single handedly made the governor by Chris Uba (using Obasanjos federal police and electoral officials). Ngige swore at the Okija shrine to abide by the ignoble agreement of opening Anambra state coffers to Chris Uba such that Anambra was basically grounded - no worker paid, teachers strikes, insecurity, Onitsha became a huge refuse bin, no road constructed, virtually nothing done. Until one day when Chris Uba kidnapped Ngige and wanted to depose him, replacing him with his deputy. Ngige survived through the grace of God and Atiku (then VP).
That was the day of liberation in Anambra state. Nothing has ever being the same.

Orji Kalu wanted to do the same thing to T.A Orji, and the latter is fighting for his political life.

If he survives, no one can be sure of how he would perform. I am not part of the leadership of APGA (will join them soon though). They must know something I don't know to allow Orji come in (if he goes there).

You claim Chris Uba kidnapped Ngige, please tell us how this compares to the relationship between Orji Kalu and TA's relationship?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari / Obama Signs Each Sheet Of Paper With A Different Pen During His Inauguration. / NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.