Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Beneath My Heart - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Beneath My Heart (141181 Views)

What Lies Beneath / Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel / Please help review: Beneath The Rubbles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beneath My Heart by cassbeat(m): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2018
This is massive...
Re: Beneath My Heart by mercyymai(f): 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2018
Born2Breed:
Don't forget to vote SokoDobo.

https://www.nairaland.com/4762830/nomination-october-5k-awards/1#down

Pls let's vote for Sokodobo! If not for anything, for his consistent he deserve it. One of the nairalander that are consistent and true to their word. If he say he will post in the evening, he will surely do. I salute u for that.
And moreover, the story deserve an accolades.

Don't come in without voting for him. That's the link above☝

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by tijehi(f): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2018
Patiently waiting for the e-copy of this book.
Re: Beneath My Heart by teebee22(f): 11:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
Dear sokodobo. I thought u were gonna update a good night post, been here waiting.
Re: Beneath My Heart by Codo22(m): 6:31am On Oct 05, 2018
we finally arrived at present page....
mr.sokodobo i am both delighted and threatened by ur vast knowledge on science
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 4:25pm On Oct 05, 2018
The octogenarian moved slowly to an easy arm chair and settled his small body in it. With the aid of his glasses, he searched for a number and dialled.

“Is that Pappy?” The old man said with a groggy voice.

“Yes, Grandpappe.”

“ The test has been conducted.” Ford said. “ And he passed but there is something fishy. I know his parents. You were not with us when his father, Dr Abbas was with us. His mother was an Asian and expect the boy to be a mulatto. This boy is fair complexioned but completely black.”

“ Sir, it is possible to have a mulatto look like that.”

“Yes, it is.” He old man said. “ I want you find out about his guardian. I don’t believe in my son. He handled it. I will send you links. I just received news that the boy has been kidnapped. I just hope it is not what I think. I will talk to the EBM director. I hope the EBMs have not been hacked.”

“ I am afraid they have been hacked.” Abbas said. “ Except one…00030.”

“How did you know that?”

“My daughter, Lena.”

“Hmmmmm…00030 belongs to Abbas. He left us officially after handing over his son to us. We don’t know if he is alive or not. He kept receiving contracts before he handed it over to the guardian….” Abbas knew that was a charade by Mason to make it official for Aminu to be executing the contracts. It was astonishing that the old man did not recognize Abbas. It seemed dementia was in play. “ We need to find him and know what he has. He and his wife, Aadila.We need them for the Evolution. The only way we can do this without them is having TCO. He has the ability to deduce what we need to start the Evolution.’

“ Why is he kidnapped?” Abbas asked.

“We don’t know. I have contacted the FBI chief and our private investigators are into it. This is not good. I hope Mason has no hand in this.”

“ What is the Evolution all about?”

“You should not be asking that.” Said the old man .” Just find what I asked you to do. I want to have a rest.”

“Sir, what happened to the first Grandpappe, Haliru Babangida?”

Abbas noticed a deep breath from the old man.

“ Goodbye, Pappy.” The old man said and cut the line.

Abbas knew something must have happened to his father. He had to find out. The old man did not know that he just spoke to the real Tiger 606: 00030.

“ Hello.” Naairah said, “ Amarya.”

Nadia broke into tears.

“SubanAllah! Nadia! Nadia!”

But Nadia could not speak. She let the line cut.

“What is wrong?” Addy asked. They just came back from the States.

“I don’t know. It is Nadia. She just called and broke into tears.”

“ What?’

“I have to see her.”

“It is late.”

“I don’t care. Please.”

“I will go with you then.”

“Assalamu alaikum.” Naairah said .

“Ameen wa alaikum Salam.” A female voice replied.

Naairah and her husband entered the living-room to find Sa'ima provocatively dressed in a tight white jeans and skinny T-shirt. They met her lying on Lawal in the living room and did not make an attempt to get up.
Lawal smiled, feeling a little embarrassed. He tried to lift Sa'ima off his body but she refused.

“You are welcome.” Lawal said, and then added force and gently raised her off his body before standing up to shake hands with Adnan.
Adnan and Naairah could not understand what was going on. The shock on Naairah’s face was so vivid .
What was going on here? Were they at the wrong place? Did Lawal have an identical twin?

“Thank you. “Adnan said and sat down.

“ I guess Nadia told you though it was in Kebbi.”Lawal said still smiling.

“Told us what?” Naairah asked, pressing the urge to attack him with questions.

“I got married. This is my wife Saima.”

What the heck!
Naairah could not believe she heard him right. Got married after just a few months.

“ Congratulations.” Adnan said, controlling his astonishment.

“Thank you very much.” Sa'ima said quickly with a wide smile. She knew Naairah was shocked and sad. She guessed Naairah was Nadia’s friend or something.
To hell with Nadia, her relatives, friends and well wishers. She was up to the task. To hell with them!

“Where is Nadia?” Naairah asked, feeling irritated.

“She is in her room. You are free to go in.” Lawal said.

Naairah could not even thank him. She began to walk when Sa'ima said, “ not that way.”
Naairah paused. What did she mean? She knew Nadia’s room.

“ That is my room you are heading to. She is here.” She pointed a finger.

This was too much for Naairah. She turned and was just about to go there when she saw Nadia coming out. It seemed she just heard their voices.
Ya Allah! Nadia had emaciated. She looked pale, sulky and her eyes were so red as a result of crying. What is wrong?
Naairah had to make a great effort to control herself. She did not want to make a scene or create chaos there but she felt like giving to Lawal right there. She did not know what was going on but it was obvious. This girl just got married for crying out loud. She was meant to be on honeymoon.

“ Naairah.” Nadia said with a forced smile. Naairah could not feign, she did not smile, she just wanted to be out of the living room. She walked past Nadia who followed her. Immediately they got into her room, Naairah asked, with tears in her eyes, “am I dreaming? What is going on?”
Nadia burst into tears and embraced her tightly. They were both crying. It took some minutes before they could talk.

“You never told me anything. I never had the slightest idea. How could your husband get married and you never told me?”

“ I got to know three days before the wedding. You were abroad and I did not want to spoil your trip. What would be the essence of telling you then? You won’t stop it, you won’t attend but get moody. Only Mama knows what I am going through but she does not know some details.”

“ I don’t get it. You guys were fine. Just fine. How? When did he get married?”

“Three weeks ago. I guess you guys spent one month.”

“One month and eight days.”

“ It started before you left. He started by coming back……” She told her friend how it all started and was going.

“Why did you move in here? The other room was more spacious.”

“ He called me a day before she arrived. She wanted the room and I had to move out immediately. I can't even use the kitchen now. He built another small kitchen at the back yard. She owns this one now and I only cook for myself. She cooks for him or use the cook she employed. She runs the house.”

Naairah was speechless. She could even know what she was feeling; she felt anger, pity, fear and confusion. It did not make sense to her.

“Lawal agrees to this?”

“ He does anything to please her. She said she would let him come to me and stay up till 10:00pm anytime it was my day but she does not even allow him come. The truth is I can’t even stand him. I don’t want him to come. I tried to please him, begged him.
All I need is affection and love. Let him just show me that he cares and I am human and worth something. I begged him to allow me get a job. Maybe that would get my mind busy and forget things. He said he would think about it. Now, he says I can’t do that. Sa'ima has not gotten a job and it was not going to fair…..”

“Okay, I don’t want to hear anymore. I just can’t take it anymore. Do me a favour, just keep calm. Do you think Allah is not aware of this? He is and will help us insha Allah. She is wayward from all indication…..”

They heard Ayatul-khursiyu (Qur'anic recitation) being played loudly. It was set to keep replaying.

“ That is her.” Nadia said. “ That is for you. She will say she is chasing bad spirits away. Anyone coming to me is a bad spirit. Saying Allah is with her and no devil can harm her .This is the life I find myself. I am always locked up here.

I hear them go out, spend time, come back, do their things in the living room and he would not even bother to ask after me.”

“If he is not interested anymore he…….” Naairah started but stopped. She changed her mind. She would keep such an opinion first. But it was annoying.

“ How was your trip?” Nadia asked.

“ Alhamdulillah.” Naairah said, not wanting to talk about her happy marriage. She wanted to share the mood with her. “ I know it will be alright, insha Allah. Just calm down. I need you to be happy. Did you talk to his mother?”

“ Hmmm…I did and they denied it. Sa'ima shed tears, swearing that I am only being jealous. You need to see how she behaves when his relatives are around. She calls me Aunty Dear. Some of them see me as the trouble maker. I gave up.”

“ I guess we have to leave. We just returned. Hours of flying.”

“I never expected you tonight. You just came back .I only wanted to say welcome when I got emotional. I am sorry I made you guys come out after such a long trip.”

“How dare you apologise. I just need your to be strong. Eat and be happy. Don’t let them weigh you down.”

Nadia nodded but she knew it was going to be difficult . She just hoped Lawal would wake up and have the fear of Allah in him and then come to his senses.

“I will.”

“Okay dear.” Naairah got on her feet. “ I got you some perfumes and I know you will love them.”

“Hmmm.. who would I wear the perfume for?”

“ Come on dearie, You are given up too quick. You have to fight for him. Look gorgeous, wear your sexy clothes, use perfume and fight for your man. If Allah says he would come back to his senses, he would. This is a trial from Allah.”

Nadia nodded. She did not want to argue. She had tried her best. She did all she could. Lawal had gone far .But it was only three weeks. Time shall tell.
They met Lawal, Sa'ima and Adnan in the living room. Saima was lying on his body.
Nadia felt her heart aching. Why must they do this in her presence or in the presence of her visitors?

“We are taking our leave.” Naairah said.

“So soon?” Sa'ima said, and then began lipsynching on the Quranic recitation. She was casting evil spirits away. Naairah felt like slapping her.

“ Yes, we are leaving , Amarya.”

She blushed melodramatically.“Awwwwwwwnnnnn thank you.” She said rolling her eyes.
Naairah ignored her and turned at her husband. She could not hide her contempt for Lawal.

“Shall we?” She said and Adnan who was so sick of Sa'ima’s presence sprang up.

“Good night, Lawal.” He said.

Lawal shook his hand while Sa'ima stood behind him, with her hands locked with his.
Naairah and Adnan left. Nadia felt as if she should go with them, just be away from this house and just maybe she could find some peace.
She returned to her room.
Back to melancholy.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beneath My Heart by laraemi(f): 5:08pm On Oct 05, 2018
I pity Nadia

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by MhizFavour: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2018
Nadia dear, just be strong. It will get better
Re: Beneath My Heart by teebee22(f): 5:56pm On Oct 05, 2018
embarassed I pity Nadia
Re: Beneath My Heart by Teajay665(m): 6:31pm On Oct 05, 2018
thumb up man......u are amazing
Re: Beneath My Heart by Omotee270(f): 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2018
I Dnt Lyk Wats Going On Wit Nadia
Re: Beneath My Heart by Born2Breed(f): 6:58am On Oct 06, 2018
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2018
Hello all. I am sorry I wasn't able to make more updates. it's just NEPA wahala. I will try make more updates today God's willing.

2 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by Qasaforlife(f): 2:32pm On Oct 06, 2018
Wonderful story. Thanks op.
Re: Beneath My Heart by Richykemzy: 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2018
SokoDobo:
Hello all. I am sorry I wasn't able to make more updates. it's just NEPA wahala. I will try make more updates today God's willing.

OK o we are waiting for it
Re: Beneath My Heart by Kechbeau: 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2018
wooooooow! you are talented! i have been glued to this story all day..this story just made my day..woww thank you for this,pls update..lols
Re: Beneath My Heart by MhizFavour: 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2018
Pleaseee update o
Re: Beneath My Heart by bigfancee(m): 7:19am On Oct 07, 2018
omg.....etz been long i follow up a stuf lyk dis
guy u r gud u r talented may allah bless u 4kipin us hapy wid ur nic writ ups......mo ink tew ur pen bro
Re: Beneath My Heart by lukfame(m): 8:05am On Oct 07, 2018
Started yesterday and all I can say is. This guy is good. Very good I must say.
Re: Beneath My Heart by inspayard(f): 8:44am On Oct 07, 2018
wow!wow!wow! i dnt care a bit if i sound like a siren! I am so much in love with this story...amazing writter #addicted

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
TWENTY-ONE

Addy kept running, putting all his effort, looking back and hoping no one was coming after him. It was late in the night. The first time he would see the outside wall of his dungeon since he was captured about a month ago.
He was terrified, jittery and shivering. What? He quickly took a cab, knowing he had no money, but was desperately trying to leave the vicinity.
As the cab moved on, he began to behave as if he wanted to puke.

“Hey, you drunk? Wanna puke? You can’t do that shit in my car. Lemme pull over and give ya the chance to do that shit.” The cabby said.
Immediately Addy alighted and moved to the roadside as if he wanted to puke, he broke into a run.

“Hey! My money!”

But Adnan was not ready to come back. He found a telephone booth. He begged a lady for some coins which he used.

“ Hello..”

“Addy!” Aminu said with excitement. “ What happened? Thank God!b There has been a serious search going on for you…”

“I was abducted by Mason. He thinks I am Adnan. God! He has most of the information about the Evolution. He just needs one or two more elements to succeed. He wanted me to find it.”

“ Did you not tell him you are not Adnan?”

“No.”

“Why? Why should you bear the cross?”

“He must not know that I am not Adnan. He must not get to Adnan, What he plans is bad. I have lived as Adnan for years, all my life, deprived him of his privilege. I got all the things I had as claiming to be Adnan. I plan to do this even when it is going to cost me my life. Mason must not get hold of him. If he gets him, it would affect humanity. I will do just this for him. I planned to kill him, yet he did this for us.’

“Not for you. He did it for his wife. His in law. Do not be soft now.”

“Softness is hiding under someone else’s shadow. Like we have done. I a not ready to go with this again. I give up on the TCO of a thing. I am just warning you, do not reveal Adnan’s identity. Mason is worse than we think.”

“What does he plan to do? What is the Evolution all about?”

“ God! It is……Oh my God! I have to go. I see his men coming.”

He left the booth and began to run.

Lawal was sitting in his office when he received the call.

“Hello.”

He listened.

“Inna lillahi wai nna ilaihi rajiun.!” He got up abruptly. “ When, how?”He said as he ran out of the office. “I am on my way!”

He ran downstairs.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2018
Lori felt a stream of chilly wave crawling up her spine as she heard the sound of the door . Before she could scream, she saw Addy rush inside, all looking agitated. He looks messed up, his usual air of confidence and authority vanished.
What she saw was a jittery man, befuddled and nervous.

“ Addy!” She said.

“ Hey.” He said coldly. “ I just came to say I am ready.”

“Addy, what happened? Ready for what? We have been on hell looking for you! The police….”

“ I don’t think the police can help me now.” He said. “ I am ready to let you go.”

“What?”

“That is what you wanted, right? The relationship is all about money and power and it seems I just lost them. Okay, I am not who or what you
think I am. You can’t be with me because I can't give you what you want. You can go back to your modelling, get another big guy, just live your life. I will get to my lawyer before I leave. He would help with the process.” Addy said and went to the clothe closet, opened it, picked some bundles of money and put in his pockets.

Lori just stood gaping at him without a word.

“ I have been worried all about you, and you just come back to say these?”

“Lori you were worried because we had a deal. Now the deal failed. You don’t need to give a hoot about me anymore. I don’t know if I give a hoot about myself. I have being a jerk all of my life, now I think I know better. If there is one thing I don’t need in my life right now, it is a conditional love.” He said, carried his extra phone, charger and put in the pocket of his winter jacket.

He gave her a look.

“ Besides, I am a fugitive. Not running from the conventional law but from a law underground. I don’t know if I may be useful to the world before I am killed. I gotta to face my problems. I don’t think I have much time to hang here. You saw how I was kidnapped. My life is dangerous. Lori, I loved you, I love you but the feelings was not reciprocal.
I went out of my way to keep you, worship you and just pretend it was a sizzling love affair. I gotta to face the facts. I guess you would be happier without me. Do not worry, the alimony will be swell.”He opened a drawer and removed an AMT Automag ii pistol, and packs of bullets.

“ I gotta leave, Lori.” He said.

“ Where?”

“I don’t know.” He said. “ I got no time. You can never tell with these people.”

He went out of the room, checked left, and then right before he covered his head with the hood of his jacket and walked briskly down the corridor.

“ Addy!”

Addy turned to see Lori behind him. Her eyes were sulky, and she was breathing harder.

“Just like that? That’s it?”

“ Do we have an opinion ? That’s it Lori. I explained it all.”

“You just can’t leave like that. I don’t want you to leave.”

“Lori, I am in trouble. I don’t want you to be part of this.”

“But I am part of it. I am part of your life and I love you.”

“You what?”

“ I love you Addy.” Her eyes were now wet, “ I want to be with you.”

“It is dangerous.”

“I know how dangerous it is. Why did you think I came after you before you entered for the test?”

“The test? How did you know it was a test?”

Lori’s lips twitched.

“ Addy, get down!” She screamed before she fired a shot, Addy threw himself on the floor as a bullet zipped passed his head.

There were three men all in black suits coming from behind. These men were professionals.

“Come on!” She said . Addy got up, fired two shots and they went into hiding. He held Lori’s hand and they ran down.

The men came out of hiding.

“Kimmon!” One of them said. “ Let’s go.”

Addy and Lori were down already. He opened her car door and got under the wheel while she jumped in, started the car engine by breaking the ignition and joining wires. He reversed, pulled out then asked, “What is going on Lori?”

She glanced back.

“ Mason Ford is my father!”

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2018
Lawal watched Sa'ima crying and arranging her clothes into her box. He stood behind her, confused and nervous.

“ Sa'ima, I have apologised. I did all I could to make sure it is over and I promise that it will never happen again.”

"I have forgiven you both.” Sa'ima said.

“Both? Me, inclusive?”

She tuned at him.

“Yes, Lawal. You know the kind of wife you have and you brought me in to be killed. What if I died? You would mourn me for days and live on. I am not ready for this. I did not bargain for this. I love you but I will not let her kill me.”

Lawal took in a deep breath. When he was called that day that Sa'ima was rushed to hospital, he had run out of his office. He had rushed to the hospital like a man chased by a raging fire. He was shocked to see Sa'ima in an agonizing state, wriggling in pains and psychologically derailed.

“What happened? What happened?” He had asked. The doctor had asked him to calm down because the patient was not in the state of explanation. The doctor explained using some medical terms Lawal did not understand.
What Lawal deduced was that she almost lost her life but she would be okay. Sa'ima stayed in hospital for three days. When he asked her what happened, she refused to talk but just kept crying. It was after she was discharged, and they got home, she talked.
Before she talked, Lawal pounced on Nadia for not visiting her at the hospital. He said she was praying for her death. It was then Sa'ima began to cry, begging Nadia to forgive her.

“Please forgive me.” Sa'ima begged Nadia. “ I am sorry for everything. If I had known, I would not have come into your lives. Please spare my life. I will leave your husband….”

"What are you talking about, Saima?” Lawal asked.

“I did not talk at the hospital because I did not want to raise a violent rift. She nearly killed me, saying I came and took over her house. I know I goofed but it was not my fault. It was the bond we shared, Lawal. Years of being together. You know my childhood, and I feel I can never love a man like I love you. I know you told me the same. You can’t love a woman like you love me. That was why I agreed to marry you just a few months after your wedding.
She just attacked me, saying I stopped her from having a job. I did not ask you to stop her from working. I only said, is it fair to let me stay at home, do all the work while she roams about in the name of work? You could have just gotten a job for me too. She beat me up! She could have killed me if not for Lami who came to my aid. I can’t do this anymore.”

Nadia was speechless. She only gawked. What was this?
It was Sa'ima who came to her and started insulting her, provoking her and she asked her to get off her way. Sa'ima had refused. Nadia pushed her and she began to scream, shouting for help, tearing off her clothes.
Nadia was shocked. Then her friend came in. It was a planned work. They started screaming for help and she was rushed to hospital. They had made their arrangement in the hospital. The man who claimed to be a doctor was actually a nurse and he was in cahoots with them. He did that for money.

Lawal had glared at Nadia.

“How dare you touch my wife?”He retorted.

“Wallahi she is lying!”

“Shut up!” He made a move to beat her up but Sa'ima jumped and came in between them.

“Please, Lawal!” she begged. “ Let her be. Beat me instead. Please forgive her. I have forgiven her with all of my soul. I don’t want anything but peace. What is life? Life is not worth all these troubles. Please my love, let her be.”

Lawal was still panting angrily so Sa'ima began to hold him, cuddling him, kissing him and he relaxed, and they began to romance.
Nadia ran back to her room and shut the door.

Sa'ima had a phase two of her sinister. She began to avoid Lawal.

“Please go and meet her. I don’t want her trouble.” She would say and be dressed provocatively, tantalizing him. Sometimes, she would pretend to be having a nightmare, begging Nadia to forgive her, and let her live.
Today, she decided to pack her things.

“I am sorry Lawal but I can’t live here any longer.”

“So?”

She turned at him again.

“ Ease my life.’

“How?”

“Please let me go.”

“What? I can build another house for you if you wish.”

“No.”

“I will build another one so she could move out. Okay, I will rent one now, before I build another one. She will be out on three days.”

Sa'ima bent down, as if arranging her clothes, showing him her back, then stood up again, "Wherever you take her to, she still remains your wife and I am her rival.” She said.” Maybe I have not found my man and home. I need you to divorce me now. I am leaving.”

No!

“ I can’t do that! I just can’t.”

“I don’t want the court to get involved. My life is at stake Lawal. I nearly got killed.”

“ I said I will handle it.”

“Yes, you will handle it by letting her kill me. I am leaving now. I can never stay in marriage with you with her as your wife. Lawal, stay with her and I pray I get a man who would appreciate me.” She coquettishly shook her body, showing him her curves and edges and he was already filled with jealousy.
Someone else? How could she take all of these to someone else. They were his and would remain so.
Without a word, he went to a shelf, got a piece of paper and scribbled something on it and then dashed out of the room angrily.
He banged at Nadia’s door violently.

“Open the door, Nadia!”

Nadia was scared. What was wrong? She refused to open the door. He kept banging at the door then threatened to break it if she refused to open it.
She opened the door reluctantly, praying underneath her breath. She did not know what Sa'ima had lit up. She saw him standing grimly before the door.

“ Nadia, I Lawal Nasir have divorced you. Take the paper.” He handed the paper to her. “ You have the privilege to do your Iddah here. If you want to do it here, I and my wife will leave the house for you, until you are done.”

Divorced after six months of marriage! Nadia felt that ringing in her head. Divorced for doing nothing but love her husband, being patient with all the inhumane treatments meted on her. What was her crime? Why did she have to get this? So he was not ready to come back to his senses.
She tried to tell herself it was a relief but which lady wanted to be divorced six months after her wedding? Which lady wanted to be called a divorcee?

“You cheated me Lawal.” She said in a little above whisper. “You don’t have to leave the house for me. That is not the reason why Allah said we can do iddah in our husband's house. It is a chance for reconciliation. It is not because we don’t have a place to go.
You took me from somewhere. I will go back to that place. If there is anything wrong I did to you while we were together, please forgive me. I am just an imperfect human being . I am sorry for coming into your lives, I never knew you had a Sa'ima, who was your childhood girl. I should not have come at all. You showed me all the love I needed, you won my trust and I anticipated a love life after marriage. I used to feel sorry for my friend Naairah, who got married to a man she did not love, feeling sad that she was not enjoying her marital life.
I thought we were a model couple. But I believe this is a test from Allah and I pray He makes me stand the test. I will leave tonight…..”

'‘It is late. It is almost 11:00pm.”

“Thank you for your concern. “She said. “ But I will not sleep in this house. I will send for my things tomorrow insha Allah. I wish you and your wife a happy life, and we all meet our deeds. Thank you, very much.” She moved in and picked her car keys, she just took two steps when she felt something in her head. She paused, then calmed down.

Sa'ima was behind Lawal.

“Thank you for the good wishes.” Saima said. “Lawal, I did not ask you to choose me over her. I said I was leaving, and asked you to stay with her. But you stubbornly divorced her, must you prove that I am the love of your life? Why do you love just me? You naughty boy…”She kissed him. “ Okay, I know I have not been nice to you for some days. Hmmmm..You are going to have it all tonight. Tonight is the night.”

Lawal chuckled, his face beaming with a loon-like grin.

Nadia passed by them and walked out.

“ Good bye ex mate.” Saima said. “ I am going to miss you. This is the result of the Ayatul Qursiyu I used to play. I am even going to learn how to recite it myself.”

Nadia did not know when she broke into a run. She could not control it anymore. She felt as if the house was an inferno. She rushed into her car, reversed and drove out. The gatekeeper wondered what was wrong? How could a married woman drive out of the house at such a time?
There is nothing you would not see in a GRA. She could not find tears. She just drove, and got on the highway just a few minutes after she left the boulevard. She pressed her legs on the gas pedal .

She was unmarried again. She had no husband. She had just been divorced. Going back to her father’s house, her former room, and help her mother in the kitchen.
A loud and sudden sound from a car horn startled her and brought her out of her thoughts. It was too late. She was going to hit a car…..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2018
After a long drive down the windy road, Addy felt he had escaped from the men in black. He pulled up the car and took in a deep breath. They were close to a forest, with just a few cabins around. He could not understand this. Lori was Mason’s daughter?
Did that mean that she knew what was going on all these while? Was their meeting and marriage pre-arranged? Was she on a mission?
Mason Ford!

Addy was scared of that man. He saw what he was capable of. He was not just a schemer, a virulent science genius, but a very dangerous man. Three days after he had been abducted and locked up in a very dark cell, he was brought out, made to wash his body and led to a room where he saw a bald headed man he guessed was Mason.

“I meet the incredible Adnan at last.” He said warmly but Addy could see the obnoxiousness behind those eyes and fake smile. He was smoking a cigar, and then got up to shake hands with the young man. “I am sorry my boys had to pick you up in such a manner. The BOE will not understand what we are up to. You are welcome to The new world.”

Addy had said nothing.

“ I guess your guardian must have told you about me. I am Mason Ford. I don’t know what he made you believe but you are his son. Addy is not his real son. You are Adnan and he is Addy.”

‘I am Addy.”

“No. Addy cannot pass the test. Your father did not do what he was asked to do. But never mind, what matters most now is that you are here. How is your wife. I am told you are married.”

“She is good.” Addy said not sure about that.

“ You were born with great abilities. I made sure you got the training and you will agree that you got a swell financial motivation. It is not every child who becomes a millionaire from a few months old and become an important figure in the globe. Come with me..”
They went out of the room and Addy saw one of the most sophisticated place in his life. Everything was automated and programmed. There were drones everywhere performing different functions.

“Science and technology has gone beyond what people think exist.” Mason said. “And with the Evolution, the world would be a better place….for us, our children and the future generation. You are a key to the door of a great future.”

Addy saw men dressed in white lab coats, everyone seemed to be busy. This was a world on its own.

“I was not privileged to watch the test live but one of the men was mine ,so he recorded it and sent it to me. That place is impenetrable. I must commend you for your brilliance.”

Addy was now convinced that this man took him for Adnan. He wanted to tell him that he was not Adnan but stopped. What was this evolution all about? What was really going on?

“The original idea of the Evolution was propounded by the First generation Bastions. My father, Addy’s grandfather,and a bunch of fools……”

Addy realised that Mason was trying to make him believe that Adnan was Aminu’s son. This was to calm him and to think he was abducted from his parents. “ They splitted the processes, and gave us an EBM each. Only a few of them could collect the data. But we got in and gathered the information and modified it. Only 00030 was missing and that was Addy’s father.
But you are going to solve the problem for us. Abbas was a first class mathematical physicist and mathematician. He has a formula which is important and then you will bring the project to live . We have tried to get it for years but failed. You will get it for us.”

That was when Addy knew he was in trouble. He knew nothing about what they were talking about.

“Let me show you something.”

They walked into a large hall with a mighty screen on the wall, sophisticated electronic machines and a super computer .
Super computers!
What it would take an average computer to do in 20 years, a super computer will do it in a single day. Only a few of them existed in the world.
There was a lot of scientist around, all doing different things.

“This is Professor kenstick.” Mason introduced an elderly man. “ He is the Head of the Evolution Department.” He said to Kentstick. “This is Adnan Abbas.”

Mason had raised his voice a bit high and most of the scientists around heard him. They were forced to turn around. Adnan?

They all began to give Addy a curious look. Was this the savant, a walking science gallery, live computer and the greatest hacker?

“ I must say it is a dream come true to meet you ,sir.” Professor Kenstick said and shook hand with the ‘legend’. “ Can I have a picture with him?”

“Sure. We are going to see a lot of him. We will be on this together.” Mason said.

Professor posed with Addy, with a broad smile and they got some shots. Others wanted to have a shot with him. There had group pictures.
Addy was tired of this. He was done living as someone else. The things Naairah told him had been resonating inside of him. He was a fake. He was not Adnan and could never be Adnan. He wished Adnan could get in touch, so he could see what was going on.
They were busy taking shots of someone who barely passed his ordinary examination, taking for the savant. Addy felt like confessing but something told him to stop.

“ Can we show him a little of the future?” Mason said. Professor smiled with a nod. What they showed Addy shocked him. When the screen came on…..

“Addy!” Lori called and the sharpness in her voice brought him out of this thoughts.

He turned to see her pointing a gun at him.

“Do not try anything stupid.” She warned and he saw the way she held the gun, remembered how she had fired shots then agreed that she was not to be messed with. “ Give me your gun!”

Damn!

He was a dead man.

He remembered what they showed him and planned to do with him. Savage!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beneath My Heart by Toeyean1507(f): 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
Thanks for d updates, sir.
Re: Beneath My Heart by skubido(m): 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2018
Hmmmmmm

OP tanks for the update
Re: Beneath My Heart by Ann2012(f): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2018
Na real wah

Thanks for the update
Re: Beneath My Heart by nastynic(m): 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
The Power of a Woman or Should I say womanliness..

This is why I won't love any female apart from my Mom and Siblings

Thanks for Updating Bruh
More Cash to your account and more Sales

2 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by AmaUwana(f): 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2018
wow nyc story pls update
Re: Beneath My Heart by teebee22(f): 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
nastynic:
The Power of a Woman or Should I say womanliness..

This is why I won't love any female apart from my Mom and Siblings

Thanks for Updating Bruh
More Cash to your account and more Sales
Are u for real? Am sure if ur dad had said this, u would av been saying something different.

2 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by teebee22(f): 8:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
thanks for the update so far.
Re: Beneath My Heart by nastynic(m): 8:22pm On Oct 07, 2018
teebee22:
Are u for real? Am sure if ur dad had said this, u would av been saying something different.

I'm not going to have an online Banter with you bu hey! What has my dad Got to do with this?

If you have a Glimpse of what I went through in the hands of a woman then you would be in a better position to factor my last comment
But I'm Cool tho
My dad would always say "Jnr! Always remember that everyone has a right, approach and perspective they see things From"

Happy Sunday

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply)

Mask Hunter / Birthmark / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.