Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Beneath My Heart - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Beneath My Heart (141175 Views)

What Lies Beneath / Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel / Please help review: Beneath The Rubbles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beneath My Heart by Kechbeau: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2018
since he likes bed na ,let him enjoy the bed...u never see anything lawal
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2018
Jamil came out of his mini gym, rushed into the bathroom and had a hot shower. He came out, dried his body, used body jelly, hair cream, deodorant and put on blue-white shirt over white slim slacks, put on stockings and wore white sneakers.
Picked up his sunshades, wore his wristwatch, spray perfume, put some cash in his pocket, carried his car keys and went out. He locked the door to his room, walked hurriedly past the main building in front of the boys quarters he occupied when he met his mother just by the side door.

“ What a world !” His mother exclaimed, looking at his trousers. She was standing with Nafeesa, his younger sister who was married. “ Jamilu, how on Earth do you pull off this trouser?”

“Mama, they use nylon.” Nafeesa said at once.

“ Nafeesah shut up. We are not age mates."

“You are not but remember that she is a married woman.”Said his mother .

“ Mama, you have started again. I will vex and marry two at once.”

“I dare you.” She said. “ The trousers boys were these days! When Fulanis used to wear this, you used to laugh at them.”

“That was before Lil Wayne ‘Wizzified’ it and blessed it for the niggis.” Nafeesa said.

Jamil playfully chased her and she ran behind their mother.

“I saw one boy,” Mama started, “ He wore plenty hair, and his head was big, then wore a very thick jacket, with a big earpiece on the ears, big eye glasses, then trousers was so slim, then wore big boots…kaman cartoon (like cartoon). He was walking like this…”and she began to demonstrate.

Her children began to laugh.

“ That is what is trending.” Nafeesa said.

“ Toh, my boy is thirty and says he still has time.”

“ Mama, I still have two months before I am thirty and guess what?”

“ What?”

“ I found her.”

“ Who got lost?”

“ She did not get lost. I just found her. The lady I don’t want to deny you of having as a daughter cum daughter-in-law, and give this lousy sister of mine a sweet sister-in-law.”

“Are you serious?”

“Wallah.”

Nafeesa was all ears.

“ I met her some months back, and we lost contact then fate brought us together.”

“ So you have proposed?” Mama asked.

“ No. I have not even made my intentions known to her. She only sees me as an acquaintance.”

Mama hissed.

“Sakare ( idiot). You have not made your intentions known and you are telling me that you found her. Do you know if she is betrothed already, or is not interested in you, or do not like your trousers?”

“Tab! She is a babe, and knows what is in vogue.” He said. “ I am going out. I believe she was made for me and has been waiting for me all her life.”

“Good luck, Yaya. Tell her you have a sweet sister in case she refuses, she might accept for my sake.” Nafeesa said.

“One of these days, I will come and flog you and your husband in your house.”

“ Haba Big Bro. You and I …..”

“ And don’t even think I am buying the i-phone I promised you again.” He said as he walked away.

“I am sorry, let me come and help you clean your car.”

He laughed.

He went into his car, and drove out. What his mother said downed on him. He noticed that Nadia had a protean character. One minute, she was happy, another minute friendly and another she was taciturn. He felt there was something that was holding her back.
He did a quick flashback of their relationship. After she discovered he was the man who saved her, she became nicer to him and he felt it was just gratitude. But he found himself falling in love with her. They exchanged numbers, and would chat sometimes, though the chats were just normal talks and platonic.

But he loved been with her, talking to her, seeing her. Sometimes, she would not pick his calls or reply to his messages. He had never heard her speak about a boyfriend or receive a call from one.
She had given him some subliminal messages of being just friends and he should expect nothing more but he refused to go.
He got to the street, checking the house numbers before he found it. He brought the car to a halt, alighted and dialled a number.

“Hello…..I am outside” He said.

“ Okay.” Nadia said. “ Just drive in. The gate keeper has been told about you.” She said and ended the call.

Naairah looked at her.

“ Nadia, think over it. This guy is in love with you.”

Nadia heaved a sigh.

“ He has not mentioned it and I pretend I don’t see the signs. Naairah, it is too early to think of another man. Men are scary. He is nice, or acts nice. Lawal was nice too but what happened later?”

“Let me tell you this, Lawal was not pretending from the start. He meant it but he was so weak he allowed her come and wreck him. Besides, you can’t use Lawal as a standard of judging all men. We are women. There is a word called menopause.
You are too young to take a decision of staying away from all men. You have to live on, move on, and I feel this guy is good. Look at the circumstances that led to your meeting . You hit his car, he took you to hospital, left his car there, paid for your treatment, went and picked his car and slept over and left without leaving a contact.
That is a rare virtue and you told me he makes you feel great. I think getting married on time again will heal you quicker and forget the past.”

“Ya Allah, I never wanted to marry more than one man.”

“That is your wish. Are wishes horses? What happens to qadr (destiny)? What if a husband dies, or becomes stupid like Lawal? When things like this happen, we turn to Allah for guidance. All I am saying is give him a chance. Go and bring him in. He just drove in.”

Nadia got on her feet, took some steps then turned at her.

“ There is a problem.” She said.

Jamil had barely come out the car when the front door of Adnan’s mansion opened and Nadia came out. As she stepped out, the sun reflected on her and he saw her complexion clearly. He did not know the exact word to use in describing it but it reminded him of his usual formula for making tea: two full spoons of powdered milk and one spoon of Nescafe: That light brown colour.
Her long gown gave her that majestic royal touch, with calculated even steps, the legs in a definite pattern,each leading the other and he felt like melting before evaporating to solidify right beside her.

As she tried to use her slim beautiful palm to block the sun rays that directly hit her alluring aesthetically pleasing eyes, she caught the picture of a princess searching for one of her subjects and Jamil wanted to be that subject, to have the chance of serving a royalty.
Her slim, curvy shape tried to hide but the wind gave it away, blowing and making her veil mold her body. Jamil was surer now that he wanted this girl for himself. It was a feeling that he had never felt. He just hoped she would not tell him that there was someone.

“ Assalamu alaikum.” She greeted.

“Ameen wa alaikum salam warahmatullah wabarakatuhu.”

She smiled at his full response. That smile that made his intestines dance shoki.

“I hope you did not find it hard to locate the house?”

“No. I did not use the address you gave me.” He said.

“What did you use then?”

“ My heart detect signals from your heart.” He said. “ I used my heart to locate your heart. They have a connection.”

She blushed, still feeling something holding her back. It was just there, telling her it was not going to work.

“ And your heart never fails me.” He said looking directly into her eyes , “the network never fails, never out of service, and so accurate. I am stuck to this network, no turning off but flowing on a direct line…..a life line. You are a paragon of unadulterated beauty, damn inequities cause impeccability is divine and your imperfection is negligible. I am sinking, drowning, and I see just one life line, Nadia. I extend my hand, save a life and drag me out with your love, smile, cause I trust you with my soul.“

Nadia was lost for a few seconds, confused and not knowing how to react. This guy was punishing her, oppressing her resistance power, telling her that he was powerful. His eyes did some of that, the buccaneering radiation, the swaggering beards and low moustache, his brio, his personality. But where was this leading to?

Nadia, do not let yourself get hurt again. He might not mean to hurt you, but the hurt might be there, lurking, waiting and hitting where it hurt. Nadia, not again. Save the broken parts of what is left as a heart.

“Come inside,” was all she could say.

She led him into the palatial living room. Adnan was there to welcome him.
Jamil extended his hand but Adnan declined. There was a second of panic and embarrassment. What was that? Adnan frowned.

“Youngman” Adnan said, “ I am of the older generation and it is unethical for you to come and seek for the hands of my daughter in marriage and offer a handshake first. I did not do that to her father, look her mother here.” He pointed at Naairah. “Then there was no Izala so I knelt down, ko Mamman Nadia?”

They all laughed and the tension was eased. Adnan shook the hand.

“ Ya Adnan, who said he came to seek for my hands in marriage?” Nadia said.

“I am a guy joh.” He said. “ which contract have you guys been signing all these while? You will say there are errors to be corrected, I will say okay. He will say there was a place with no capital letter. Na English class?”

They laughed again but Jamil was feeling slightly shy.

“This is the guy who saved me from the accident scene.”

“You guys are blessed with tangible, substantial excuses. From proposal to hospital. I met the gentleman. That was the day I blessed the union. I left Wasiya (a will) that even if I am no more, the wedding should go on.”

“Ya Adnan? Which wedding? Ha’an! “

“I think I have a great father-in-law .” Jamil said. “ And a great mother-in-law too.”

Naairah posed.

“Thank you my son.” She said.

“Tab! Naairah harda ke( including you)?” Nadia said with a pout jokingly. “ You know me ai.”

Adnan created the air of jokes, fun and freedom. But Jamil was shocked when Nadia said, “Jamil, this is our chairman.”

“You mean Mr Hayat?” He said, guessing he may be two years older than Adnan. No. He was six years older but he did not know that. “It is a privilege sir.”

“If you call me sir again, I will return your dowry.”

"I am sorry sir”

“He said it again.”

“ I was confused my guy.”

“Better.”

“Which dowry?” Nadia asked.

“Wait, which money did you think we have been using to eat chicken pepper soup and ice-cream these days?” Adnan said and they laughed.

Naairah liked Jamil and saw that Adnan liked him too. They saw that chemistry between them, and somehow, they matched as a couple.
They had a lunch, prepared by Nadia and Naairah. While they ate, Jamil fell in love with them. He hoped he could get married to Nadia and be with them.
After the meal, they shared some jokes before Adnan went upstairs. Naairah excused herself and followed. Nadia knew it was a set-up. They were giving them space. Jamil and Nadia were now left alone in the living room, except the house help who was going in and out of the kitchen. She wanted to know if Aunty Nadia was going for a second marriage. She would go in, peek, pick a cup, come out, peek, drop the cup, go back, open the tap…..the life of a gossip was hectic.

“I love this couple and the guy impressed me.” He said. “ The chairman?”

“Yes. He also own Naanan.”

“Damn! Masha Allah. He is humble. The love between you and Naairah is marvellous.”

“She is more than just a friend.” She said. “More than a sister. No words.”

“ I understand. Nadia….”

“Na’am.”

“I think it is high time I told you this…….”

Her phone rang and he was interrupted. She did not recognise the number.

“Hello.” She said.

“ Nadia…..I was told you were here. I am outside.”

She heard Lawal’s voice for the first time since they divorced.

Outside where?" Nadia asked.

"Hayat's house. I went to your house and was told you were here." He sounded so cool and apologetic.

Nadia looked at Jamil.

"Excuse me please. I think there is someone here to see me. I will be back soon insha Allah."

Jamil nodded, wondering who the spoiler was. He was almost there.

"Okay, ma'am."

"I told you."

"I am sorry."

"Better."

She got on her feet, he gawked at her as she walked out. Oh no! He wanted her. He was going to fight to have her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2018
Lawal was dressed in a brown brocade with a very expensive design. He had just seen the barber, and he knew he was looking his best. He sat in his Lexus SUV, listening to John Legend when he saw her come out through the gate .

Kut!
Was this the girl he let out of his life? The sweet Nadia, a wife who knew how best to treat him. She never slept from dusk to dawn, or have a cough and swallow a whole bottle of Tutolin with codeine. This was Nadia, a friend and listener, one who was there to talk to and not one who all matters ended in bed.
All those tasty miyan kubewa and tuwo she made, fried rice and porridge, she even dabbled into Igbo soup with leaves, stock fish, crayfish, those pastries at weekends; homemade ice-cream, meat-pie, burgers and sausages.
Nadia, never waiting until 8:30 am before she woke up to pray. His sweet Nadia.

She saw him and he studied her face. She looked calm. She came out and walked towards him. He opened the passenger's side door in anticipation but she came to his side instead.

"Assalamu alaikum." She said and her voice hit him with the strength of a tsunami. He was swept off his feet, as if the force raised him and his car into the air. Okay, he had to confess she looked more beautiful than ever.

"Ameen wa alikum salam." He replied in a cool voice. " how are you Nadia?"

"Alhamdulillah." She replied.

He could see that the love was still there. She was not wearing a stern face.

" Please come inside the car." He said. "It is sunny."

"Thank you but I am good." She replied. " How are you?"

" Well, we thank God."

"How is your wife?"

He almost said she was sleeping then refrained.

"Alhamdulillah." He said. He did not want her to talk about that part.

There was a brief silence.

" How have you been?"

"You asked me that already and I said I am good."

'Yes, I did. I- I just want to apologise for the things that happened. I know I erred. I made a lot of mistakes which I realized. Please forgive me."

" Hmmm...it's okay, Lawal. It is a thing of the past."

Oh, she no nice.

" You have about two weeks to go right?"

"Go where?"

"I mean to round up your iddah."

"I never knew they counted days ,or weeks for iddah."

"Three months ."

"It is taqaba they count days or months for but iddah ,you count menstrual circles which is three and not months. Why are you asking me something so private?"

"Private? It may be a thing of privacy but you and I share that."

" Awwwnnn...so we share a thing. I am so glad to hear that."

" Nadia, I thought there will be no need to have a new wedding. I want you to go back to your house."

"I will go back to my house when I feel like. I came to see my friend and my parents know I will come back home."

"Not your parent's house. Your house?"

"Which house Lawal?"

"Your marital home. The house you and I shared. I want you back in my life. I still love you and will always love you. I know I made a great mistake and I promise to make it up to you."

" Ohhh, Sa'ima's home?"

"Let us not bring her into this..."

"Why? She rules the house. Tells who should be here and there. She pushed me to a room she wanted me to be, got me a kitchen outside, ordered you ......."

"Please let us not go back to those details. They are all part of the mistakes I made. If you want Sa'ima out of the house, I will get her another place...today if you wish. You are my first wife...."

"I am not your first wife. I was your first wife."

"I just asked you back. I have returned you."

"Which brand am I?"

"Brand?" He frowned. "Please come in, for the sake of Allah."

" Lawal I need to go back in. I was talking to someone before you came."

" I guess it is Naairah, she would understand if she knows it is me. What do you mean by brand?"

He said and lowered the volume of the music.

" Of course I want to know the brand of your designer wears I am. Is it not your wears you remove and wear at your will? You sent me out at your will, and just wake up and decide to bring me back at your will. So easy."

"Nadia...I asked you to forgive me."

"Forgiving you is one thing, taking me back is another thing."

"Do you want Sa'ima out?"

"Am I her husband? That is your personal issue. I don't know what is going on between you and your wife and it is not my business. I am a Muslim and would not ask you to divorce you wife. The wife you have known since secondary school days. If you are seeking for my advice, stick with your wife. Lawal, do you have anything else to say? The sun is scotching."

Lawal took in a deep breath. Things were not as cushy as he had anticipated. No. He wanted her more than ever. He wished they could be back together, and he would show her all the love she never dreamt of.

" Please forgive me. Come back to me, please."

"Okay, Lawal. I will think about it. Good bye and say hello to your wife." She said and turned to leave. He looked at her back and bit his lip. Never lose what you have before you know it's value.

"Nadia. Nadia."

She did not stop. She kept going.

He alighted, and followed her.

"Nadia, please, for the sake of Allah. If you want me to call Sa'ima now and divorce her, I would do that."

"We don't have to make a scene here. You are embarrassing me."

" Please." He was almost in tears, looking so sulky, chastened, confused, desperate and agitated. " What do you want me to do with my life?
Where do I head to if you leave me? Nadia!"

She paused, studied him and remembered the first time they met, how caring and loving he was, how she had anticipated a lovely life with him. She had never dreamt of becoming a divorcee at such an age. It was not her wish to be going into the hands of different men. He looked sorry, and she pitied him.

" Let us talk about this some other time." She said. Then Jamil fell on her mind. This was a dilemma. It was not just going to work out with Jamil. There was that thing forming a wall. She was confused. " Just leave now, please."

She left him standing and watching her. After she had gone in, he went back to his car, got inside, laid his head on the steering wheel and cried. What did he do to himself?

Meanwhile, Nadia was going back inside. She had to wipe tears off her face. She knew why she was crying. She was scared of what was about to happen. But it was better it happened now. It was hurting her.

Jamil was smugly jittery. He knew it was a man who called her and probably her boyfriend. He was scared. His heart was beating rapidly. He felt he was about to receive a bad news:
Sorry, but there is someone in my life and has been there before you came around. You are nice, only if I met you earlier.

She came back and he felt his heart beating rapidly. He had never felt like this over a woman. He had never wanted a woman like he wanted her.
She smiled but he was quick to detect the change in her. She was just forcing the smile. Wait! Did she cry? Who came to see her? What did he tell her.

"I am sorry for keeping you waiting." She apologised.

" It is okay. I was enjoying the movie."

"Movie? But it is boxing you are watching."

Damn! How could she know that since the X-man called her, he had not being himself. It was a mixed feelings of fear, jealousy, agitation and expectation.

" Don't mind me." He said and chuckled.

"Please can you excuse me, I just need to see Naairah."

"Okay."

"I hope you don't mind?"

"I don't."

She noticed a change in him too. He was looking kind of flummoxed. This added to her confusion. She had to see Naairah.
She climbed up the stairs, and knocked at the front door to her boudoir. She waited after Naairah answered . "Come in."Naairah said.
Nadia opened the door and went in.

"What do you think? A.....Hayati in his study."

She nearly called him Adnan.

"What would I think? Don't spoil me."

They chuckled.

"What is wrong with you?" Naairah asked.

" I am confused. Lawal was here."

'Who? How? Come and sit down."

Nadia told her everything that transpired between them. Naairah was confused herself.

"I know what you are scared of." Naairah said.

" Yes. I am scared and I want to settle it with him now. It has been hurting me. It won't work out."

Naairah took in a deep breath.

"I will not be in a hurry to judge now. It all depends on the outcome. May Allah choose what is best. Even if you will go back to Lawal, he has to know your worth, pay for his sins and make sure the nonsense does not happen again.
I guess he must have learnt his lesson. Some men do not know what a woman means until she is out of their reach. I can't believe he said he wanted to divorce her."

"He was ready to do it in my presence. I refused. I would never be a part of that."

"So what do you plan to do now?"

Nadia got up.

"I am going to settle it with Jamil once and for all."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2018
Immediately he saw her, Jamil knew something was up. He felt his body chilling. She looked like someone on a mission, mind made up and she must have gone for consultation.
But as she descended the steps slowly, majestically, her serene personality and beauty hit him so hard he felt stuffy for a while. She was getting him breathless. She was doing things to his respiratory, nervous, and even skeletal systems.
She came and sat at the far end of the three sitter sofa he sat on.

" I must apologise for keeping you waiting. I am sorry once more."

" It's nothing."

" You were about saying something before the interruption."

He hesitated. Should he say it? What happened during the interruption? Why the change of moods? He could not bring himself to that jovial mood again. He was even finding it hard to remain expressionless.

Do it, Jamil. An inner voice told him.

" Nadia...."

"Na'am."

" I am sorry, I am going to be straight with you." He said. " I must confess that I have come to fall in love with you. I just met you and you took over a chunk of my heart. Nadia, I want to seek your permission to send my people to yours. I want to take you away, into my life, into my planet, and put a stamp on you: Not available.
I had prepared a table for two, bed for two, plate for two, life for two and taken one part and preserving the other for the owner. I want you to take that place, own it and we will merge and become one.
The desideratum of my life has been you. I want you to fill up that abyss. I see so many girls in their splendour, even as a neighbour, with sense of humour, but you got a unique flavour. Your glamour, makes me clamour, and want to labour, just to give you honour. You deserve a medal for your valour, and splendid behaviour, and you make me melt into vapour.
Your breath obliterates odour. We will shun rumour and your smile gives me vigour. Please let me be your armour, please marry me so you could lie on my chest in the parlour."

This was one of the most difficult moments of her life. She could not deny her feelings for him but she had always been scared of this moment. The moment was here. This had always been her fear. It was better she did it now. She had tried and failed in the past. This was the time because he had proposed and Lawal was back.
She bowed her head. She failed in taking back the tears which was now cascading.

Jamil felt a bang in his head. She was crying! He knew it! Something was up. Could he take this? Could he take it even when he did not know what it was?
He wanted to ask her what was wrong when she wove him stopping. She raised her face. She looked so innocent, and he saw in her a ten year old child who needed to be comforted. He wish she would let him do that.

"Jamil..." she called. " I never told you this. I am a divorcee."

What!
Jamil felt his head swirling, and at once his mother's words when Tijani married a divorcee. " Is his mother alive? How can my son, who has never married marry a divorcee? Over my dead body!" And she would always say, never you bring a bazawara (divorcee) to my place.
He never had the slightest idea that she has been married before and the shock was too much for him.

Nadia studied him. She knew it was going to happen like this.

Nadia closed her eyes as she watched his reaction. She liked Jamil but it seemed it was too much for him to bear.

Jamil bowed his head.

" I am sorry I never told you earlier." Nadia said. " I wanted to do this, but each time I tried, I ended up not doing it. I knew you were interested in me and was not aware if that. I know it is very rare, very rare for a man who has never gotten married to marry a divorcee as his first wife.
I have always been scared of this. That is why I fought my heart not to get attached to you. I have been through a lot. I have seen the depth of vicissitudes. I never dreamt of leaving my matrimonial home so early. I never wished for this and felt I was being careful. I got married to someone I fell in love with. I am not perfect but I tried my best to be a good wife."

Jamil listened without looking at her directly. He was looking downwards, trying to absorb the shock.

" And everything was good until he met his ex. Like childhood ex and they hooked up again. He got married to her four months after we got married........."

She told him some of the things she went through.

"......that was the night we met. I had just being given a divorce paper and I was driving back home. I guess I zonked and lost control. That made me hit your car. I was not drunk or high on drugs. I was high on tension....I was destroyed that night..." She was in tears. " And we met. I only wanted to see you to pay you back and thank you at first. But when we met, I noticed that something was developing between us.
I saw how you were looking at me and I got scared. If we got attached and you found out that I am divorcee, you would leave and what would happen to my already shattered heart? I am glad I have a friend like Naairah. She was there for me like no other person. She and her husband.
He made me a Manager in his multi-billion naira firm. It did not only give me a chance to earn good money, or practice my profession but kept me busy. But the scar was always there. You came and made me smile, and in the middle of the smile I will cry because it is just a euphoria.
It was not going to last. But it did help me. All those times you made me felt loved, and special, even though I acted with taciturnity, it was good for me, good to me but fear would not let me admit. You deserve someone else. I am sorry I led you on. I led you to this stage before telling you. I was scared, I was egocentric. I did not want you to leave then, and that was bad.
I was only thinking about myself, the joy you gave me, and not thinking of what will happen when you found out. Please forgive me."

Jamil was silent for a while. He was hiding his face from her. He could not understand this.

" I don't get it." He said in a low tone. " How could a sane man get married to you and do this? Why did I lose the chance of being the one who had you then. where was I? Where were you? Why didn't we meet earlier?" his voice was low and cold. She had never seen him look this sad.

" I am sorry for the things you went through. The reason we did not meet earlier is the reason why you went through this: Qadr. To say I am flabbergasted is an understatement. I am shocked beyond words. You are right. I had never dreamt of marrying a divorcee as first wife. It is not haram, makrooh, bidi'a. It is even sunnah. Though we are not comparable to the Prophet SAW. He got married to most of the women to serve as a solace to them. Mostly widows, or those that were in troubled marriages like the case of Zayd ."

"I understand that."

" Who came to see you?"

He asked and she was amazed at the tinge of authority in his note. She nearly say how dare he ask her that.

" He was the one." She said." Lawal is his name. He wants me back."

"Wants you back? And what makes you think he would not do the same?"

She shrugged.

" He wants us to be at separate homes. He looked chastened."

" He has the right to ask you back and there would be no need for a new marriage since you are not out of iddah. But you also have the prerogative to say no. Are you still in love with him?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I just want to know."

"I don't think I am in the position to give you that answer right now."

He nodded.

" I guess I have to leave." He said. " I am glad he has come to his senses. But if you are going back to him, there must be conditions and to prove himself right, you should go back to your former house, room and she leaves. I am getting nosy. I don't know why I am saying this. I should not interfere.
I am just angry. I got four sisters and it bothers me how husbands treat their wives because my sisters are wives or potential wives. I may have a daughter someday. I had anticipated you were going to give me that."

He got on his feet.

" Good bye, Nadia. I pray you will never go through what you went through again." He walked away slowly, weak and dejected.

She raised her face to watch him leave. Her mouth felt so heavy she could not utter a word. He did not look back, and she felt something leaving her. She had thought this would come easy. But it did not. She had tried not to get attached, but she was wrong. He was leaving.
He turned and their eyes met. His eyes were wet. He forced a smile and went out. She closed her eyes.

Destiny! only if she had met him before Lawal. Only if he came on time, and now what was she going to do? Go back to Lawal?
Between the eyelids, tears escaped. She slogged on the sofa. She let it out: Crying. That would ease her.

Naairah rushed down. She wanted to console her, make her strong but she was wrong. She also needed someone to console her. She was already in tears before she reached her. They hugged each other crying.

Adnan heard them, tried to come out but hesitated and went back. He did not know what transpired between them but he could guess. He could not face them. Let them cry. He would advise later on.

"It is okay." Naairah said. " you were right not to have given your heart to it."

"I have Naairah. I fell in love with him. It was my fault. I should have told him since. Is this the path of my life? Can I handle this?"

"We can handle it. It is just a trial from Allah. It's okay. It will get over. Please. I am glad you did not get pregnant for him."

" Yes, I was worried but it turned out to be a blessing."

" Assalamu alaikum." They heard someone say .

They saw Jamil walk in and stood before them.

" You acted as if you still love him." He said. " I asked you but you did not reply. I love you Nadia. I am disillusioned but not enough to obliterate the love I have for you. Yes, I never anticipated this but you still are the one I want to share my life with. Do you permit me to send my people to yours?"

Nadia could not talk. She just gaped, not knowing what to say. She wanted to say yes but something was holding her back. She could not believe he came back. He looked serious and desperate, he did not even act as if Naairah was around, he did not seek for privacy.

Naairah got up and went upstairs.

" Are you sure you still want this?" Nadia asked.

" That is not the question I asked. Do you want me to send them or you are still in love with him?"

She shook her head.

" Love is what I feel for you." She said. " Yes, Jamil. Send them. Go do whatever you want and take me away from Lawal and all other men."

" You are stuck with me, Nadia. I am not living without you. I am not leaving without you. I want us to live and leave together."

She smiled amid tears.

" I love you, Nadia."

" I love you, Jamil."

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beneath My Heart by MhizFavour: 10:20pm On Oct 08, 2018
Oh... I wish there would be more updates... No mind me oh. Thanks SokoDobo
Re: Beneath My Heart by Kechbeau: 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2018
ehya, heartbreak for jamil...sorry dear
Re: Beneath My Heart by Kingjames(m): 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2018
“That is the only thing you do which wives do; cook and give me food. I want food, that food, I am so hungry so keep this food, I am waiting for that food.”

yea that food#wink
Re: Beneath My Heart by AmaUwana(f): 11:01pm On Oct 08, 2018
wow
Re: Beneath My Heart by tijehi(f): 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kingjames:
“That is the only thing you do which wives do; cook and give me food. I want food, that food, I am so hungry so keep this food, I am waiting for that food.”

yea that food#wink

grin grin grin grin grin Oliver twist
Re: Beneath My Heart by Ann2012(f): 11:50pm On Oct 08, 2018
Awwnnn...so romantic kiss

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by Favouritetega(f): 12:34am On Oct 09, 2018
shocked
Re: Beneath My Heart by giftAlone(m): 3:20am On Oct 09, 2018
in my street OT d meaning of ur name SOKOBODO is shack d town hard...meeen u da blast...Respect
Re: Beneath My Heart by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 09, 2018
Sokodobo and his romantic punchlines sha grin You no go kill usgrin

2 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by skubido(m): 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ann2012:
Awwnnn...so romantic kiss

Like seriously.

OP u too much

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by izaray(f): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
shocked
Re: Beneath My Heart by izaray(f): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
I like what i'm seeing, so happy right now

Lawal may Sa'ima and her evil bedmatics style kee you two dere cheesy

Op thanks for the update

3 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by Noblefirstlady: 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2018
I don't want Nadia to go back to lawal.he is a heartless,wicked,stupid animal.forget saima lawal is a woman wrapper, what if he has problems with Nadia again then he will also go back to saima he is just a fool that doesn't know what he wants.At the same time the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know lawal was also good at first right
Re: Beneath My Heart by Kingjames(m): 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
I name a street for sokoDobo
Re: Beneath My Heart by mercyymai(f): 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
If that idiot see anoda old time girlfrd, he will go astray again

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by excelmerry: 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
Pls nadia stick with Jamil oo. By the time Sa'ima uses her evil bedmatics to finish Lawal, he'll just serve u another paper.
Re: Beneath My Heart by excelmerry: 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2018
But oga SokoDobo, the way u dey toast woman for your story na wa oo. See grammar..
Re: Beneath My Heart by Born2Breed(f): 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
excelmerry:
But oga SokoDobo, the way u dey toast woman for your story na wa oo. See grammar..

Lol. Sokobodo the master toaster! grin
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 9:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
TWENTY-FOUR

It was a few minutes after 10:00 pm when Lawal dialled the phone for the umpteenth time. Was she asleep? He dialled again before she picked.

" Nadia."

" Na'am."

" How are you?"

"Alhamdulillaah."

" I have been calling you for a while.'

"I was busy."

" You said you were going to think about it."

"Yes, I did."

" So?"

" I am sorry Lawal but it is over between us."

"What?"

"Yes. I am not coming back to you."

"But I told you to forgive me."

"I did."

"Then why are you not coming back?"

"Because I don't love you."

"You are just angry."

"Wallahi I am not. I just don't love you anymore. I don't want to be with you again. Please forget about me and I will appreciate it if you stop calling me."

"Nadia, you are making a goof. Do not make a decision when you are angry."

"I told you that I am not angry." She said. "My regards to your wife."

She ended the call. She was not going to tell him about Jamil. The prophet SAW advised that marriage issues should be kept hidden until it materialises.

Sa'ima walked into the room. She held a plate of pepper soup.
She smiled at him after dropping the plate on a stool.

" Lawal."

" Na'am."

" Kutumar ubanka (insults him)!"

"What?"

" Ubanka ya .......uwarka! Dan bura uba shege (more insults)!"

"What is wrong with you?"

" Who were you talking with?"

" What? My colleague."

" It is your grandmother, idiot! You think I am a fool? I saw your dialed numbers. You have been contacting that slot, huh? You are still in contact with her. The lady that nearly killed me. You will not kill me Lawal. I will kill you before you kill me."

"What? What is wrong with you?"

She rushed him, flung a plate at him, he swerved. She saw a table knife and picked it.

" Murderer! They want to kill me! Murderer!" She swung the knife at him. He dodged then grabbed her hands and gave it a twist. She felt hurt and let the knife go. He picked it and dragged her into the room. They had a drag about for about ten minutes. She was hitting him while he blocked her. He slapped her.

"Stop it!"

She began crying, then held him and embraced him.

" Are you doing this because I love you so much?" She said amid tears. " Because I gave up everything to be with you?"

"No, Sa'ima."

Her hands began to go round him. They went on the bed but this time, he was only making love to her just to satisfy her. While he did that, she saw tears in his eyes. He was crying for his life, and the pain of prone to losing Nadia.

She smiled.

" I see tears of joy in your eyes." Sa'ima said. " Joy and ecstasy."

"Yes, Saima. " He said with sadness. " I am very happy." And the tears increased. He cursed the day he met the devil from the devil's basket.

The next day, Lawal went to his family house and said to his mother, " Inna, I am having lots of troubles from Sa'ima. I don't know what to do. I feel like divorcing her."

"Divorce? No. You don't have to complain." Inna said. " Remember when I made some observations and told you of my fears? You made me understood that it was a misconception and I realised I was wrong.
She is the girl you fell in love with since childhood and you know her so much. Besides, we are of the old school and do not know modern love. Sa'ima is just been childish, she would grow up. It was good you sent Nadia away, the evil one whom you divorced and told us three days later. I am proud of you because you are a man and can handle your house yourself without your nosy parents.
Please do not tell me about Sa'ima, it is all part of love and childishness and misconception....."

"Mama, please, I want Nadia back."

" Lawali, please let me enjoy my tuwon dawa. I have not had this for long. Do you mind for some?"

Jamil walked into his mother's room and found her on her praying mat. It was time he told her.

" Mama, I told you that I wanted to talk to you."

"Yes."

" It is about the girl I told you about."

"You did not tell me anything serious."

" Yes, I wanted to be sure."

" Okay."

"I proposed and she agreed."

"Alhamdulillah. Who is this girl? Do you know much about her?"

“Yes. I know her family members and we have been working together for a while."

"You mean you work in the same place?"

"No. she works for a company we got an approval to be supplying materials. She is a Manager there. I am the Marketing Manager so we worked together."

" And from work, you fell in love."

He bowed his head.

" Mama...."

" Na'am."

"Please let me marry her. I love her."

"Ah'ah. If you are sure she is a good girl and from a good home, why would I stop you? You know I really want you to get married."

"I know."

"Then what is the problem?"

" She has the best character I have ever seen in a girl and I have fallen in love with any girl like I did with her....."

"Jamilu, talk straight to me."

"She was so unfortunate to meet the wrong person before me...."

"She has a child outside wedlock?"

"No. She does not have a child. She has never been pregnant. She only stayed with him for four months...."

" I don't get it. She lived with a man for four months?"

" Yes. But in the legal way."

"Stop prevarication. She was married to a man for four months, right?"

" She is a divorcee. She was married before."

" Jamilu, go and bring my daughter in law. You have not found a wife."

“Na'am?"

"You heard me well."

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by Ann2012(f): 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2018
Oh noooo
Re: Beneath My Heart by Wheezdohm(m): 11:03pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hehehehe...there is fire on the mountain.. Hb addy?
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 8:00am On Oct 10, 2018
Professor Abubakar, a smallish man in his early sixties, said, " I called you here to tell you what has been happening."

Nadia stood expectantly.

" Lawal and his parents have been coming to me."

She felt her heart beginning to drum.

" We all make mistakes and what matters most is realising it, feel chastened and change. I can't see through Lawal's heart but I am convinced he has changed. His parents are very responsible people. No one wants to give a child away and want her back to his house. I am happy he has come back to his senses so after a long period of discussion, and making him realise his mistake, I agreed. You are going back to him. I gave them my word."

" Daddy!"

"What?"

"I don't want to go back!"

"I understand how you feel. I did not force you to marry him. You brought him to us, and we asked you and you told me you loved him. What is happening now is a result of what you went through. When you go back and he changes, you will forget it. You must go back to him, period."

4 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 8:06am On Oct 10, 2018
..“ I don’t know what you kids are talking about. You mean I should let my son get married to a divorcee? This boy has never done an introduction.” Mama said.

The meeting was taking place in her private chamber. Sameera, Jamils’ elder sister was there. She was the first child. Jamil was the second child. Hafsat was third, Nafeesa was forth while Bilal was the last.

“ I am not saying it is the best idea but he said he loves her.” Sameera said. “ I never wished for that but I am only trying to be realistic. He is the one getting married and he knows what he feels. Jamil is aware of the millions of girls around before he chose her. In my opinion, he should be allowed to marry her.”

“ The truth is I don’t want my brother to marry a divorcee.” Hafsat said. “ Haba, a divorcee? Out of all the girls in the world? Haba, Yaya! Please reconsider.”

“ I concur with Aunty Hafsat.” Nafeesa said. “ Please Yaya let her go back to her husband. There are so many girls around. I have a lot of friends, pretty girls that you can marry. Bazawara fa . I do not support.”

Mama was glad she was having support.

“ I gotta express my opinion.” Bilal began, gesticulating. “ I don’t think you guys…..”

“Are you stupid?” Nafeesa retorted, “who are you addressing as guys?’

“I’m sorry big sis. I don’t mean no disrespect, you know I just wanna let ya know that I don’t go with this stuff of dictating to big bro…”

“ Bilal….” Nafeeesa began but Sameera wove her stopping.

“You know him, let him say what he wants to say.”

“ Yo, I love you big sis.” He gave Sameera a thumb up. “ Like I was saying, it’s no big deal if big bro wants a dame that has been to the isle before. My nigga, Nick Cannon got married to Mariah Carey, eleven years older. She was married to Tommy Mottola. You know that nigga right? Tommy was the boss of Sony Music. The guy Michael Jackson called a devil and died just a few months later. He was Michael’s boss.
Tommy went out with most of the girls under his Label like J-Lo. The point is he got married to a divorcee. What about Kanye West, the nigga who named his daughter North West? He married Kim Kardashian, who was married to Damon Thomas. So what? ….”

“We are not talking about American’s here.” Hafsat said. “ I don’t know why Baba sent you to USA. Your mates would be quoting hadiths (sayings of the Prophet), you would be quoting what Tupac said, what Eminem said. Are you done?”

Bilal shook his head.

“I rest my case.” He said, raising his hands, “ go for her big bro. If Operah Winfery wants me today, I on guys. I am on it. We talking billions of dollars here. Yo. For the records, big bro is over eighteen he got the right to choose his spouse. Did you know that some of these porn stars are married? They said it is a profession.”

“ Thank you, Bilal. We have heard. “ Mama said. “ Jamil, you are not getting married to her.”

Jamil felt his heart racing faster.

“ I just want to say something. “ He said. “ Divorcees are of different types. There are those who are victims while some victimized their spouses. Every woman is prone to becoming a divorcee or widow. May Allah avert such a situation. But what if it happens and you fall in love with someone who has never been married and his people say this?”

“I would understand.” Hafsat said at once.

Jamil,” Mama said. “ You are not getting married to her but you have a choice. She or me. If you still want me as a mother, then you will not marry her but if you want to marry her, then you and I part ways.”

“ What the fuc*!” Bilal said.

“Bilal!” Hafsat screamed.

2 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 8:09am On Oct 10, 2018
“ Where are you?” Mason asked.

“ California.” Lori replied.

“ Lori, what the hell is going on? I asked you to abort the mission; he is not Addy but Adnan. You have not been sending me the voice recordings lately and I am told you shot at my men. What are you doing?
Adnan escaped and he knows a lot. I knew it. He has the Haliru blood in him. He freaked out. Now we have to resort to the brains of the children. And Adnan must die. You are with him. I hope you are not emotionally attached to him.”

“Why?”

“You are changing. I know that feelings. You started having sex with him and …..”

“Common dad, save me!”

“ Then kill him!”

Lori stopped, looked at Addy, abruptly crashed the phone on the floor, and then threw it away.

“ It is a trick!” She said with an alarm “ They are tracing us! We must leave at once. We must find a way to get in touch with Adnan, Those children must be saved!”

She was right. Three cars were racing towards their hide out. Three cars filled with gun men. They ran out the old cabin, rushed into the car and as Addy reversed, he saw a cloud of dust been raised by the cars.

“ Go this way!” Lori said with an alarmed voice, her eyes widened

Meanwhile, Aminu who had been worried could not hold it any longer. He had to get in touch with Mason. Addy was not Adnan. Adnan could not be here enjoying with his wife while his son was in danger.
He had to save his son. He was going to the lodge. Mason had to know where the real TCO was.
He took his car keys and went out. He was going expose Adnan.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by misspearlz: 8:41am On Oct 10, 2018
Aminu is just an ungrateful father angry
Re: Beneath My Heart by Ann2012(f): 8:57am On Oct 10, 2018
misspearlz:
Aminu is just an ungrateful father angry

Very ungrateful and foolish
Re: Beneath My Heart by johnjerome(m): 9:40am On Oct 10, 2018
ftc
Re: Beneath My Heart by misspearlz: 10:09am On Oct 10, 2018
Ann2012:

Very ungrateful and foolish
Imagine fa!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Mask Hunter / Birthmark / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.