Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,017 members, 7,810,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Beneath My Heart - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Beneath My Heart (141163 Views)

What Lies Beneath / Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel / Please help review: Beneath The Rubbles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beneath My Heart by excelmerry: 2:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
Damn it SokoDobo u have such a "crazy" mind (that's a compliment) in a good way. I can't just imagine u thinking about "swee swee" and "tutu babies", it's hilarious.

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by kayode69(m): 2:55pm On Oct 14, 2018
This update is funny
Re: Beneath My Heart by olukuewu(m): 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
Sokodobo I have been trying to do my part but its like third parts are not are not ready to cooperate.
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 3:31pm On Oct 14, 2018
olukuewu:
Sokodobo I have been trying to do my part but its like third parts are not are not ready to cooperate.

Third parts?
Re: Beneath My Heart by micynute94(m): 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2018
@Sokobodo..
U r good... Darn good.. Been a while I've felt this kinda good reading a NL story.. I only feel this way when I read novels by my fav.. authors e.g., Jim Butcher, Steve Rollins.. etc..

Always anticipating ur next update.. Really wanna say thank you..
Re: Beneath My Heart by giftAlone(m): 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
u are talented sokobodo...plz endeavor to give us more of d zakari funny updates..tanks man
Re: Beneath My Heart by olukuewu(m): 5:03pm On Oct 14, 2018
@sokodobo I mean the banks
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 5:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
THIRTY

“ What is this all about?” Nadia asked, realising that her heart thumbing, wondering what was going on.

“ The shari’a court says our marriage is invalid that Lawal is your rightful husband.”

“Nonsense! Nonsense! This is ridiculous.”

“Yes, but this is from the court. What game are they playing?”

Nadia began to shiver in anger and fear. Who was trying to spoil her joy? What did she do to deserve this? She was just twenty four and they want to send her hypertensive.

“ Lawal is definitely behind this! That swine.”

Jamil closed the front door and went back. They were just having fun before they were told about the visitor. He just came to destroy their good time.
Nadia picked her phone.

“ I don’t have his number.” She lamented. “I deleted it. Now I want to talk to him.”

“ I have it.” Jamil said. “I saved it the other day.”

He gave the number to her and she called him at once.

“ Lawal what is the meaning of this?” she asked angrily.

“I need you to calm down and listen to me.”

“ What do you mean by calm down? What on earth do you want from me?”

“I won’t talk if you don’t calm down. I understand what you going through but I need you to relax and listen to me. By the time I explain the whole thing for you, you will understand.”

Jamil gesticulated to her to calm and listen to him.

“I am Listening to you.”

“Good. We are all Muslims and I do this for the sake of Allah. Who will be happy to be living and dwelling in sin? I did this to save you from Allah’s wrath. You are living in adultery. Your father gave your hand to me in marriage. He gave Mallam Zakari permission to do that, only to reverse it after the marriage had been solemnised.
The law is not his but Allah’s. He may be your father but he had no power to reverse it. Did you know that the Prophet SAW said if anyone gives something to someone and takes it back, it is tantamount to puking and swallowing it back?
You are my wife Nadia. You belong to me and not him. He is sleeping with my wife and it is wrong. He is a Muslim and I have nothing against him. Why is he doing this to me? Why is he leading you to sins? Can you see why I said it is for your good?”

Nadia was so angry she did not find the words to use in reproaching him.

“What do you want now?” She asked in a more calm but dangerous manner.

“ You sound better my love….”

Jamil clenched his fist, his teeth gripping his lip.

“I need you to come back home. The court will see to that. If you don’ want to stay with me, I promise to divorce you and let you go back to him. All I was is to observe Islamic etiquettes. Let things be done the right way.
I can even let you go after six months or a little more. But I know you will not want to go back because you would have seen that I really love you and would do anything to satisfy you. What you have with him is just infatuation…..”

“Lawal, you are an epitome of evil. I regret ever meeting someone like you! But it was destiny. You underrate me, you take my simplicity for stupidity. Never push a woman to the wall. I hate you Lawal. You will never succeed. I better remain unmarried than get back to you……”

Jamil extended his hand to collect the phone. She gave it to him.

“Assalamu alaikum, Alhaji Lawal.”

“So you are there? I do not have anything to discuss with you.”

“I understand how you feel but you are taking the wrong step. What you are doing…..”

“Please let me be. Where you there when her father and Mallam Zakari talked? I have witnesses, Mallam Zakari has witnesses. So what are you talking about? If you think you are going to spend another night with her, then you are in a dreamland so you better wake up….”

“What do you mean?”

Nadia was boiling and she was not happy with the way Jamil was been cool with it. He was a very gentleman, and not the type that got angry but she wanted him to be more aggressive towards him, vent his anger and show Lawal what it meant to be a man.

“ That would be explained to you by the law men but from this moment, you should not touch her anylonger. If she is not properly dressed, tell her to do so and do not stay in the same place without a third party. We are all Muslims and I know you fear Allah.
But do not worry. If the court rules and she comes back to me, I may let her go after six months if she wants to but do not raise your hopes high. She will back in love with me. I have forgiven you, Jamilu for the times you spent with my wife. I forgive you for making me get involved in an accident. I don’t hold grudges. Just do me the favour of not making this difficult for us. I am very ready to fight for my right.
I am told you are a salary earner. I am a business man. I have a lot of resources to use, I also have time to spend. I know you have limited time, you have a boss. Do not let this affect your life. Be a good boy….”

“Thank you Lawal, but I still beg of you to think about these idiosyncratic acts you are indulging in”

“ Hahahaha! Jamilu kenen. If you know how much I love her, you will know that there is nothing that will make me change my mind. Good bye.”

Lawal ended the call.

Jamil took in a deep breath.

“He is crazy. This is totally crazy.” Nadia said. “He can’t be serious.He has lost his mind and this will end up destroying him! ”

“He might be crazy but he has an ace up his sleeve. The law these days is prone to corruption. We need prayers and synergy to fight him back. He boasted of witnesses. He has bought Mallam Zakari and some men to pose as witnesses.”

“ But they would have to swear in court.”

“For money, men would do more than that. We have to be proactive. First thing to do is to notify your father, then I will…….”

“Assalamu alaikum.” The gatekeeper said through an intercom, “There are some men here to see you, Yallabai.”

“ Who are they?”

“ Three men I don’t know with some policemen.”

“Policemen?” Jamil frowned. Before he could make a move, the men who must have forcefully passed the gate came in.

Jamil saw three men all dressed in suit with three armed mobile police men.

“What is this?” Jamil asked.

“ We are from the court. You are accused of living with another person’s wife. The case is in court. Before the hearing, she is to leave this house at this very moment, and stay in an official quarters pending the outcome of
the case. This is to prevent further debauchery and adultery.” The head of the team said.
Jamil could hardly believe this was happening. Lawal might be crazy, but he was manipulative and dangerous.

“ You have to come with us, Mallama Nadia Abubakar.”

What!

" I don't understand this." Jamil said gently. " What do you mean by official quarters? What is wrong with her father's house?"

" Because you may reach out to her before the verdict." The leader said. " We have to bar you from seeing her completely. We ought to put her in cell but there was a special appeal from someone who said she should not be treated as a criminal so he begged for mercy. The official quarters is a privilege. I guess we don't owe you explanation. We have to go Mallama Nadia."

Nadia did not make a move. She just stood gaping, wondering what madness was this.
One of the policemen moved forward but Jamil thwarted him.

"What are you doing?" The policeman asked.

"You are not touching my wife!" Jamil said. "This is total balderdash. I have never heard of such a law. Let us meet in court and leave us alone. Whoever complaint did that from his point of view. I have the right to falsify him. So if I wake up today and file a complain that someone is married to my wife, the next thing is to pick the wife until there is a verdict?"

"How is that my business?" The policeman said. "I am on orders from my DPO so talk to them, not me. Please move out of the way of a federal officer."

" You are federal rogues! You are not picking my wife without a fight from me." Jamil was now shouting and Nadia became afraid. A few moments ago, she had been angry that he was too soft. People who were mostly soft could be dangerous when angry and that was what she was witnessing." You do not have a right to this!"

" Hey Mr Man, are you trying to fight an officer?" Another policeman said. " Get out of the way."

Jamil said nothing. The policeman tried to move but Jamil pushed him back. He was now quivering in anger, his eyes turning into a bugaboo, his fist clenched and Nadia remembered his mother said he could be stubborn.

The policeman raised his gun at him.

"Be careful Mr Man!"

"Shoot for all I care. I am not scared of you. You must leave my house now!"
Another policeman rushed him but was sent back with a straight punch by Jamil.

Ya Salam!

Nadia said, " Sweetheart let them take me, we will sort it out, please!" And she started crying.
The second policeman threw a punch at Jamil. The fist smacked him on the cheek and he felt the part vibrating. He swung his leg with a powerful push and landed it on the cop's stomach.

" Kwaine!" The poor cop remembered his grandmother's name.

The third cop now joined the show down and they all attacked him. Nadia was screaming, shouting for help and begging them.
Jamil was dogged. He kept fighting them until they over powered him, hitting him with the butt of their guns until he was lying on the floor, bleeding.

Nadia wanted to go and pick her phone so she could call her father but she was stopped by the policemen.

" Let us move madam."

She went ballistics, fighting her way to Jamil who was on the floor, whimpering in pain. She laid on him crying and cursing. Two of the policemen dragged her up and took her away while Jamil was carried into their truck.

The couple was taking away.

3 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by Tweetyyy: 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
Sokodobo reply My mail you or Ahmed
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
Tweetyyy:
Sokodobo reply My mail you or Ahmed

Replied. Thanks
Re: Beneath My Heart by Tweetyyy: 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2018
SokoDobo:

Replied. Thanks
thank you i have seen it
Re: Beneath My Heart by tijehi(f): 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2018
Lorrrrdddd, I am so angry right now.

Lawal is a low class bastard

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by cerowo(f): 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
sokodobo u are soooo good
Re: Beneath My Heart by Skimpledawg(m): 9:28pm On Oct 14, 2018
Married to a Fink is out of this world.

Purchased and read the whole of it.

Op, just keep at it, you will surely go places with this talent of yours.

Breath-taking and suspense filled.

Woah
Re: Beneath My Heart by iamochyglows: 10:20pm On Oct 14, 2018
I was about to say so too. I was held spell bound. I read and reread some parts again. Sokodobo, Momoh Ochuwa says thank you. Keep up the good work. Guys, if you've not gotten the book yet, please do. Tomorrow is almost here. I'm certain you won't regret it.

Skimpledawg:

Woah

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by Ann2012(f): 10:51pm On Oct 14, 2018
Can Lawal just become a cripple or blind, I'm tired of his manipulation's
Re: Beneath My Heart by nastynic(m): 10:54pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ann2012:

Lmfao!
Take it easy Vixen
Love conquereth all

Nice update bruh
More cash to your account

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 10:33am On Oct 15, 2018
SokoDobo:
Price slash

The ebook, Married to a fink, is available for N500 only.

Offer last till Monday.

Send a mail to info.bellanbooks@gmail.com to order.

This ends today, 12pm
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 10:34am On Oct 15, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Woah

Thank you very much
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 10:35am On Oct 15, 2018
Ann2012:

lol
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 10:51am On Oct 15, 2018
" I hope your wife would learn how to cook Arabian cuisines." Baanah said flicking her fingers . " She would need to cook them when it is her turn to cook. I want her to learn how to make Saltah which is a national dish in Yemen. That is important and remember that we Arabs eat chicken, lamb and goat more than beef.
We flavour our tea with cardamom, clove or mint. I guess you will learn to use take Karaden, Naqe'e Al Zabib which are my favourite cold beverages.
Aisha will teach you how to make Yamen dishes like Aseedah, jachnun, kabsa, thareed and many more."

"I think that will be a great idea." Naairah said. " I think you would also learn some Hausa cuisines too. You will learn how to make danwake, funkasau, kwakumeti, pate, damboo, masa and awara."

Baanah pouted.

" We need to leave now Hayati." She said ignoring her remark. " We have a day ahead of us."

Adnan turned at Naairah.

" My Miss Sunshine, we have not had our bath yet. Let us go and do that then we go out."

"Go where?" Baanah asked.

" We are going together."

"No! You can go with her another time. This is my trip and she is not going to intrude!"

" Have you thought of the fact that you and I are not meant to be in seclusion. We need a third party."

"You have a chauffeur. He will do that."

" Baanah we are not married yet. She is my wife, mark that."

"Who says she is not your wife for now? I just......"

"Hayati just go and get set so you can leave." Naairah said. "We don't have to argue over this. Let the chauffeur go with you. I don't know why
I have not been able to reach Nadia I would have gone to spend some time with her."

"Is that what you guys do here?" Baanah asked . " A married woman just leaves her house to spend time with her friend simply because her husband is going out?"

"Yes, Baanah. " Adnan replied. " That is what we do. When you trust and love your wife, you give her permission to see the people she loves and feels she would have a good time with. Telling me this means she would not go without my consent."

" But where is good time without you, Hayati?" Baanah said. " All my good time should be with you. Every time I spend with someone else would be mere necessity except when we start making babies. I love babies Hayati. It is good to have them."

Naairah tried to ignore her comments, but the part of child bearing hurt her but she was not going to cry in her presence.

"Please Hayati go and get ready so you guys can leave." She pleaded and Adnan saw how hurt she was. He felt hurt himself and he could not help going to her, holding her and kissed her.

"I love you, Miss Sunshine."

"I love you too."

Baanah grimaced but said nothing. She was very sure Naairah was going to be a hindrance and something had to be done. She was not going to take this. Maybe it was because they were not married yet. She would definitely take Adnan away from her.

Adnan took just a few steps towards the staircase when Naairah received a call.

" Ameen wa alaikum salam, good afternoon ma....."she listened, " Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihu raji'un. When?............Now?......where?..........okay ."

"What is wrong?" Adnan who had paused asked.

" Nadia and her husband have been arrested."

"Why?"

"I have not gotten the details but her mother said Lawal filed a case that Jamil was married to his wife and they wanted to take her away when Jamil tried to stop them."

"Where are they right now?"

" They are in a police station around Karu. I will call them. They won't even let them see them."

Adnan frowned.

"It does not make sense. Why should they take her away? What kind of law is that?"

"I don't have much details now."

"Let us go at once." Adnan said and ran upstairs.

"What?" Baanah said. " Let her go Hayati, we have to go."

Adnan ignored her, went and wore clothes without taking a bath. Naairah only wore a veil and they were set.

" Baanah we have a situation and the trip is cancelled. The chauffeur will take you back."

"No! I am coming with you. It is still part of the trip. I will know Kura today, and that is something."

Adnan gave her a stare.

"But I will not take any more of your pesky attitudes. Do not go and embarrass us."

"I promise I won't Hayati."

They arrived Karu about thirty minutes later. After some enquiries, they located the Police station.

They met

Hajiya Fatima outside while Professor Abubakar was on phone.

They exchanged greetings and Professor Abubakar finished his call.

"Thank you for coming ." He said. "This is a debilitating farrago of law annihilation! It is unheard of. I can't even see them? I was called and thought it was a scuttlebutt but I was reverberated to find the quiddity of the situation.
Lawal is a maverick nincompoop! He resorted to mud-slinging nepotistic pizzazz! I called the Minister of Education who was a colleague and he promised to talk to the Minister of Justice but the lackadaisical nepotation of the stakeholders is sickening.
The deliberate ineptness of the court and police is a manifestation of chicanery, which is so befuddling. There must be some high profile subterfuge machine in play...."

Adnan wanted details and not the big words.

" Sir, what really happened?"

Hajiya Fatima offered a detailed explanation because she knew who her husband was.
Adnan got the key points: the name of the court and judge.
He had to do something fast.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beneath My Heart by IAmkingoludav(m): 11:06am On Oct 15, 2018
It is a lecher a visible dispay of financial bugaboo it highly ignoramushius what an epzolyptic sunnikko

lemme goan smoke garri

5 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by skubido(m): 11:40am On Oct 15, 2018
Smile,, prof dey scatter grammar,, who grammar help..

Trust Adnan,,

Tank for the update
Re: Beneath My Heart by Harzeezh123: 11:45am On Oct 15, 2018
may Almighty Allah bless you bro more update pls

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by OlufemiWhit(m): 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2018
Nadias' father funny sha

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by mcbliss: 2:50pm On Oct 15, 2018
Thank Goodness I finally caught up with the story@ Op.
cheesy. U're the bomb wink
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2018
It was around ten o'clock in the morning when Adnan was allowed into Lawal's office.
He met him sitting behind his desk comfortably with a smirk on his face.

" I have Hayat in my place today. You are welcome."

"Thank you Lawal."

"Please sit down. "

Adnan sat down.

"I will not waste your time. I am bringing a personal issue during official hours. It is about your case with Jamil."

"Hmmmm"

"I want you to drop the case today. "

Lawal laughed.

"Hayat, you have guts. How dare you tell me what to do and when to do it? "

Adan gave him a glare.

" Because you are taking a very dangerous step."

"I know. I am up to the task, Hayat. I am fighting for my right and there is nothing anyone can do about that. "

" Are you sure? "

"You should have known that by now. Her father made some contacts, but the outcome was negative because he is dealing with a higher power here.
I hold the cards. We run things so no one can infringe on my right. "

" Now listen to me Lawal. "

“ I understand your psychopathological condition of megalomania.” Adnan said. “ And obsession which is getting you delusional. As a man, I will tell you this, just for the records: when a woman tells you that she is not in love with you, or she is in love with another person, let her go and have peace.
I hate men who go after women who don’t love them but your case is bizarre. This lady is married, and you were part of the contenders, and she chose him over you but you still resort to disrupting the fragile peace.
She is like a sister to my wife and I can go to any length to stand for her. Any length, Lawal Nasir and that means you are stepping on the wrong toes. You are crossing the line and that is going to be bad for you.
You are using the back door to manipulate things. I am good at that too. I tell you to back out for the last time before I bring you down….”

“Who the hell do you think you are Hayat? You come into my ……..”

Boop! Pas!

He was cut short with a blow in his stomach and a slap. The punch felt as if it has made a hole in his intestines, and the slap felt like an acid attack.
He was shocked to see a pistol in Adnan’s hand.
What?
Was he a criminal? A gun! And the way he had hit him was so professional.

“ If you make a noise, I will blow your head.” Adnan warned and his eyes brooked no argument. Lawal held his stomach, whimpering in pain.

“Now listen to me you doofus! You decided to play the game in the underworld way. Let us go under and see who would surface.
You feel haughty and confident that you pull the strings, you rule the world because you have the privilege of knowing top men through your father and your position as a former youth leader and adviser to a governor.
You know governors, senators and it ends there. The governors you know are also local champions. They don’t pull international strings. They may know one or two people they do business with abroad, but most Of them cannot even see a world leader except when they are part an entourage of a sitting president.
That is why Addy would not even shake hands with most of you. He pulled world strings, he saw you as piece of shit, his father made governors, so shut the fuc* up and stay humble. Now I am going to give you a dose of your game. You are going to receive a termination letter of approval for your importation of Guwenba Products from China.
All I did was a phone call. Let me see how your powers will avert that. ….”

How did he know about that? Lawal wondered.

“ You will not be allowed visa to travel to USA. I made a recommendation about you. Try me and see. And you are so stupid to think we will not ask why you sent five million naira into Mallam Zakari’s account. I also have a recording of your conversations with Mallam Zakari since last night.
You felt wise not to give Justice Bala cash, so you bought a house and he claimed to buy it from you but he did not give you a dime. A smart way of bribing but no so smart to me because I got your line tapped, and I have been monitoring your calls.”

“That is illegal.”

“I know. I am giving you a dose of your medicine. That is the quickest way to quell this madness because you are going to back off this case it this moment or else you will be rotting in jail soon. And try to claim that I am involved, that is when you will know that I am as slippery as an ice. All I just said is going to be your word against mine.
If you think anything can be traced to me, you are in for another think. I am trained to do this idiot. You are to me a piece of shit Lawal. You are nothing and I am going to prove that to you and mark my words, if anything happens to Nadia and her husband that looks fishy, even if you are not the one, then you are a dead meat.
You are coming with me right now, and you are going to withdraw that case, and apologise to the family, and get the fuc* out of their lives. Remember you guys bent the law. Which law gives the judge power to give such an order? What the hell is official quarters? Who gave him the right to ask her to leave when there was no hearing?
I will get at him in my time and I swear he will go down bad. Now move your big head up and we leave because I feel like smacking you again.”

Lawal knew when not to argue and this was one of such times.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by OlufemiWhit(m): 3:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
He should av argued nah.....make adnan wooze am again

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply)

Mask Hunter / Birthmark / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.