Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Beneath My Heart - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Beneath My Heart (141177 Views)

What Lies Beneath / Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel / Please help review: Beneath The Rubbles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2018
TWENTY-EIGHT

He came out of the car, his head covered with a red hood, opened the car booth and packed some bags full of provisions. He walked to the caravan, and the door opened before he went in. He dropped the bags and Lori hugged him, kissed him and smiled.

“You took like forever.” She said. “ I was scared.”

“I am sorry. You know what is at stake and I had to get us new phones. We don’t even know what is going on now.”
They had been hiding in this caravan for days after their miraculous escape from Mason’s gunmen. They had been shot at sporadically, shattering the glasses, making bullet holes, until Lori got fed up and became so gutsy, shooting back and she got a perfect shot which got the driver of the car in front.
The car crashed and the one behind it hit it so hard there was an explosion. Before the gunmen could regain their balance, the couple were gone.

Lori had carried the cash Addy left in the closet. It was about two hundred thousand dollars. This got them a caravan which they furnished, a new cheap but functional car, and cash to keep them breathing.
They never left the caravan except when they had to get more provisions which they only did at night. They could not get new phone lines. Mason could not be underestimated. He was watching all their credit card financial transactions, bank, and anything to do with registration.
This night, Addy bought a phone and line from a junkie. They guy sold it for three thousand dollars. It should not have cost three hundred dollars but Addy was desperate.

Addy locked the door, and Lori went and opened a pack.
She removed sandwich and munched. Addy was busy with the phone, feeling hopeless because he did not have any contacts. He went on line, then opened Facebook, logged in and reached Zayyad's account. He sent a message.

Hey Zayyad, I need you to get me Hayat’s number.

Zayyad was not on line. Addy had to wait.

He dropped the phone and joined Lori for dinner. It was while they were eating the phone rang. Zayyad was calling via Facebook.
Addy picked the call.

“ Addy, where have you been?” Zayyad said and there a sharp note in his voice that made Lori pause to listen.

“I am somewhere in US. Did you get the number?”

“Yes, I sent it to your message box. I ….I kind of work for him. Just trying to assist.”

“Good, thank you.”

“You did not come home.”

“I would.”

“I could not reach you to express my condolence. May his soul rest in peace.”

“What are you talking about? Who died?”

“You mean you are not aware Uncle Abbas’ death? Your father died some days ago. Almost two weeks.”

“Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji’un! How?”

“ He was killed in a car bomb.”

“What?”

“They said he was alone in the car. No one knows what happened.”

Addy and Lori exchanged glances. The call was on loud speaker.

“ How come you don’t know?” Zayyad asked.

“ I was on a boat that capsized and got stranded on an island.” He lied. “ Thank you Zayyad. I will come home ASAP.”

Addy sat down and placed his hands on his head. So his father was dead. He felt tears in his eyes. He prayed silently.

Who killed him?

Lori held him and consoled him. They spent about twenty minutes crying before Lori collected the phone.

She checked an online directory and found a number. She dialled it.

“ Anita.” She said.

“Lori! Where have you been. Your father has lost it!”

“I know. Who killed Tiger 606?”

“ He gave the orders. Tiger had gone to the Lodge to seek for a conversation with him. He was denied and your father told them to kill him. He also said his son Adnan should be killed. Adnan was here but he escaped after knowing about the Evolution. Lori….I am afraid you are on the death list.”

“I know.”

“And he has decided to use the children. He has sent for Dr Barcovy. The Evolution is about to begin. It is horrible and scary. I am afraid for Sean and the other kids. It seems my mission is failing.”

“ Do not give up. I am working on something. Is Bell still on?”

“Yes. He told me these.”

“Okay, keep your eyes open. I will get in touch.” Lori said and ended the call.

“ My father did it. Your father went to the lodge…….”

“I heard. I guess he wanted to tell him that I am not Adnan. I told him not to. Adnan would have been killed and he does not deserve that. I warned him. He should have let it go. He got this on himself. They should not have started this in the first place.”

“ It is a pity. I am so ashamed of my father. He killed your father ”

“Don't see it from that angle. He plans to kill you too so let it off. Who is Anita?”

“ She is a nanny who takes care of the children. One of the thirty in the house. Last year, I caught her with one of the little boy. She was given him extra food, and she kissed his forehead. I began to watch her. Then I realised that she had a special affection for the boy.
I got her blood sample, and the boy’s and realized that she was his mother. I called her and she confessed to me. She had been pregnant at the age of sixteen and could not take care of the child. Her boyfriend was seventeen. They sold the child to the company.
Six months later, she could not sleep. She had the child on her mind. The boyfriend took the money and left. She traced the company and somehow met a man called Bell. Bell works for the company and he got her the job of a nanny.
She kept looking for the child until she found him: three years after. I don’t know how she recognized him. She was not really sure he was the one until I got the DNA test. She just wanted to be close to him, be there for him and take him away.
She was quick to realise that taking away was not possible. She stayed behind, working just to have the chance of seeing him. But her fear ignited when she began to get information from Bell. I guess he fell in love with her.
And she learnt that the children may be used for a project. She felt a relieve when she was told Adnan was around and he could find a possible solution to the project. Now she is scared after you escaped. They feel you are Adnan.
So when I discovered why she was there, I did not report her. She was amazed knowing I was mason’s daughter. I did not know why I could not report her. I understood better two months ago.”

“ What happened two months ago?”

She lowered her gaze, feeling shy.

“ I took in.”

“What?”

“I am carrying your child dummy.”

Addy was speechless.

Sean was a five year old cute boy with auburn hair and large bright eyes. He was playing among the children when he suddenly moved towards his favourite nanny.
Anita was sitting and watching the children play. She wished she could wake up one day and see these innocent children out of here while she had her son with her.
The security system was too tight.

“Hello Miss Harry,” he said, “why are you always sad?”

“I am not always sad my friend.”

“ Do you want to be my best friend?”

“ I am your best friend already.”

“ Tommy is my best friend.”

“ Really? Now, I am jealous.”

He laughed and showed his two missing front teeth.

“ I have a lot of friends here” Tommy, Jean, Sasha, but I don’t like Frank, he is a bully.”

“ Yes, but we always watch over you.”

“ I know. Why do you love me so much?”

“ Because you don’t have two front teeth.”

“ You did love me before I lost them. They called them milk teeth. Why? They are not soft like milk.”

“ That is your first set of teeth and you are going to lose them and get them replaced. But if I lose any of mine, it can never grow back.”

“Why?”

“I am an adult.”

“ Adult. Why don’t we have parents like the kids we see on TV? We don’t even go out . Are we normal? Uncle Ted tells us stories about kids who go out, and I see that we are not like them. We don’t parents right?”

Anita felt uncomfortable. How could he know that she was his mother and her stupidity got him here? How could he know that he was prone to been carried away before her eyes and get his skull broken? She controlled her tears.

“ I think Tommy wants to play with you. Go and meet him.”

“Are you angry?”

“No.”

“Okay, I will make you my best friend.”

She forced a smile.

“I love you Sean.”

“I love you Miss Harry. I hope you would not leave me here. I want to go out, please take me with you.”

Her eyes were wet.

“ I will.”

He smiled, and then turned to run back when he bumped into a man who just came in with Mason and Maya with two gunmen.
She recognised the man. Dr Barcovy.
The weird looking man was smallish with a rough hair and big ugly medicated glasses. This was one of the best surgeon, DNA expert in the world.

Dr Barcovy held on to Sean and studied him.

“I think we got one already.” He said. “ his eyes looks promising. Get five more.”

Anita nearly fainted.

“ I fell in love with the foetus even before it was formed. I felt empathy for her then. But now I understand the bond between a mother and a child and I would do anything to get those children out of that place.” Lori said. “ So I covered her up and she became my informant. I began to have a different view from my father''

Addy was still shocked about her announcement. Lori carrying his child! That was his dream.
He was yet to react when the phone rang.

“ Anita?”

“They are around.” She said breathlessly “They are picking six of the children for a test operation…..please do something. Sean was the first to be picked.”

Lori gave Addy a sharp glance.

“Get Adnan!”

Addy collected the phone and searched for the number Zayyad sent to him. He got it and dialled.

“ Hello.” Adnan said.

“Hello Adnan. This is Addy. There is fire on the mountain.”

“ Addy? Where the hell have you been?”

“ Hell. Just found out that dad got himself killed….." He briefly told Adnan about what he had gone through.

Adnan knew it was not the right time for so much questions or show of surprises. He now knew what the Evolution was all about.

“ They have collected six of the children right now. We do not have time!”

Adnan felt a bang in his heart.

Children! He had to do something. This was what he was looking for, some insane men were going to use for madness!

“ Where is Lori?”

“She is with me.”

“ Let me talk to her.”

“I am here.”

“I must talk to your father.”

“I got his number but you can’t reach him.”

“Give it to me.”

She gave it to him hopelessly.

Adnan looked at the numbers, input it into his PDA and opened it. He studied the network, then got into some complex software, manipulated, and got into the system.
He dialled the number.

Mason was shocked to see an incoming call. Who got into his line? How?
He hesitated, let the call end without picking it. Who was it? He was now curious. The call came in again and this time, he picked it.

“ Hello Mason Ford.” Adnan said. “ You should not have killed the fake Tiger 606. He was coming to tell you what I am about to say to you now.
The guy you had was Addy. I am the real Adnan. We need to talk.”

Mason felt an explosion in his head.

4 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2018
Baanah was slender, attractive and tall and that was what Baanah meant in Arabic. She had always been told that whoever named her Baanah had done that right. She wore a long green Abaya and covered her hair with a translucent veil which showed her long, dark hair.
She had inquisitive , piercing eyes of green, which was a pool of restless gold. Her full lips widened into a smile as she saw Adnan. They met in Yemen once.

Adnan found it hard to smile back. He forced his lips to move, and hoped it looked like a smile.

“Assalamu alaikum.” She said as she got to him, dragging her luggage. Adnan had come with Hamisu, his chauffeur who helped her with the luggage, dragging it to the car.

“Ameen wa alikum salam. You are welcome to Nigeria.”

“ Thank you.” She said and studied him. He was handsome, and sweet.

“ Shall we?”

“Yeah.”

“How was your trip?”

“Alhamdulillah. It’s my first time here though.”

“I know . Its not a big deal here. I guess you would enjoy Yemen better.”

“ I guess with you, it will be fun.” She said. “ You will show me places, right?”

“ Hmmmm..”

“Pardon?”

“Yes. We would go places. Yeah, places.”

“I am loving it already. This is the Capital of Nigeria, Ahujar.”

“Abuja.”

“ Subahallah!”

“What?”

“It sounded like Abu Jahl.”

“ Audhubillah. A-bu-ja.”

“ Yeah, I get it. Abujar.”

He shrugged smugly.
They walked to where the car was waiting . Baanah cringed as she saw a lady standing by the car. Who was she?

“ Baanah, this is my wife, Naairah. Naairah, this is the lady mum told us about.”

Naairah forced a smile, feeling her heart beating faster. The dreaded time was here and it was not just another lady but a ravishing Arabian. Could she handle it? Her beauty was intimidating.
Baanah did not return a smile. She only nodded at Naairah and felt dislike for her at once.

She turned at Adnan.

“ I don’t get it. You are supposed to pick me up and you bring your wife? Is that not condescending? I know you have a wife but you don’t have to flaunt it. So what do you expect? I sit in the front with the chauffeur while you guys sit in the back? Is this what you guys plan to do to me? To humiliate me?”

Naairah knew there was going to be trouble.
Baanah was already moved to tears. Jealousy burning inside her.

“ I don’t get this.” Adnan said. “What is wrong with her coming to welcome you?”

“A lot is wrong. You make me look like a piece of shit. I am meant to get to know you better. We never even spoke much in Yemen. How do I feel free to talk to you when she got her eyes and ears all on me? Where is Umm Aaliyah? I need to tell her I am going back. Let me speak to her…”

“ Wait, what do you want? Ask her to go back?”

“ She should take another car back or let me seat with you at the back.”

“What? That is not going to happen. Listen Baanah….”

“ Hayati…..”Naairah began.

“What? “Baanah cut in.” Hayati? You should wait until you are in seclusion before you do that. In my presence, you don’t do that. I know he got married to you first but we are going to share him equally with equal rights so please spear me. Is this all a plan to ridicule me? Umm Aaliyah never told me it was going to be like this. I was skeptical. I never even wanted to marry an African. I am here because it was you, Hayat.”

Adnan could not believe this was happening.

“Okay, call him Hayati.” Baanah said and turned to Adnan. “I am okay with it, Hayati. You are that to both of us, right, Hayati?” she smiled.

“I am sorry she is not taking another car, or sitting at the back….”

“ Hayati, I will sit in the front. It is okay.” Naairah said.

“No.”

“Please.” She implored and he saw a look in her eyes that broke him. He wanted to hold her, and press her to his body. How could they understand that he and Naairah had a bond that was unbreakable by a mere mortal? This was a lady that fell in love with him when he was nothing, a rogue, a labourer and security man. “Please don’t argue. Let her sit there.”

Adnan was silent for a spilt second, then nodded.

“Okay. Let us go.” He said.

Baanah smiled and went into the back seat with Adnan. Naairah opened the passenger’s side door and went in.
Hamisu put the luggage in the booth of the car and then car under the wheel.

“ I left Aisha behind.” Baanah said as the car began to move. “ She would join me next week.”

“Who is Aisha?”

“My cook. Hayati.She is a good cook but don’t get me wrong. I am gonna give you some real good cooking and feel the Saudi dishes. I lived in Mecca for long, got tired of the strict laws and left for Dubai. I can cook Saudi rice boukhari with meat, spinach and meat stew, sweet harisa, chicken biryani, okra and meat stew, lamb salona and lots more. But Aisha has to come in and give a helping hand.
I am told pregnant women fall sick.” She chucked. “ I feel ashamed saying this.”

Adnan said nothing.

Naairah closed her eyes. It was happening all too fast. Was she dreaming? And her attitudes made things worse.

Aadila called Adnan.

“ Have you picked her?”

“ Yes.”

“ Good. I told you she is very sensitive and delicate. Treat her nicely. So many people wanted her hand in marriage. I made sure I got one of the best for you. You have seen her right? She is beautiful.”

“ I have picked her and we are on our way home.”

“ Good. You will need to be taking her around and get to know each other better. Don’t’ make it look as if she is just here to breed for you. She has feelings too and I know she likes you. She would not have agreed so mark that. I love you.”

“I love you mum.” He said but with a heavy heart. “ We will try our best.”

“We? What do you mean ‘we’?”

“ It’s nothing. Good bye.”

“I will be expecting you.”

Adnan ended the call to see Baanah smiling at him.

“ I think I love you already.” She said.

Naairah clenched her fist. It was not easy. It was hurting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 13, 2018
Why must people be forced to marry?

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by Divineroyalty(f): 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2018
Why Naairah?
She doesn't deserve this nih.
Sokodobo please come and remedy all these so everyone will get their deserved rewards.
Nadia too.

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by Ann2012(f): 6:16pm On Oct 13, 2018
Pls change Naairah's situation, she's hurting real bad embarassed
Re: Beneath My Heart by Kechbeau: 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2018
poor naairah
Re: Beneath My Heart by skubido(m): 7:30pm On Oct 13, 2018
Ann2012:
Pls change Naairah's situation, she's hurting real bad embarassed

No matter what,, Adnan can't stop loving her...

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by tijehi(f): 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2018
Sokodobo, please can you skip to the part where Baanah was deported back to Yemen.......I just saw a vision of that.

5 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by teebee22(f): 9:23pm On Oct 13, 2018
embarassed Am so pained right now. can't believe my very own naariah is going through this already.
tijehi:
Sokodobo, please can you skip to the part where Baanah was deported back to Yemen.......I just saw a vision of that.
besides I second this
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 10:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
tijehi:

lol
Re: Beneath My Heart by Ann2012(f): 11:00pm On Oct 13, 2018
skubido:

No matter what,, Adnan can't stop loving her...

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by Ann2012(f): 11:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
tijehi:

I support ur vision
Re: Beneath My Heart by NaijaTushboy(m): 11:43pm On Oct 13, 2018
I feel so ATIKULATED for Naairah and Nadia

my parents can never decide anything for me in this life without my consent.

I don't know why i keep having this feeling that ADNAN will never touch BAANAH and she will carry her luggages back to YEMEN BUHARICALLY

5 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by Sensitivity1254: 11:44pm On Oct 13, 2018
Its not his parents but that organization.

NaijaTushboy:
I feel so ATIKULATED for Naairah and Nadia

my parents can never decide anything for me in this life without my consent.

I don't know why i keep having this feeling that ADNAN will never touch BAANAH and she will carry her luggages back to YEMEN BUHARICALLY
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 12:56am On Oct 14, 2018
Lawal sat lugubriously in his living room, his eyes blankly on the TV, the coffee on the stool stayed untouched. Sa'ima walked into and sat next to him.

“ Darling, why did you fail your promise?” She said in a respectful manner.

Her voice brought him out of his deep psyche.

“What promise?”

She smiled.

“ You promised to get back my Nadia, you chased me out of my room but you did not bring her back. I waited that Friday, as you and your friends left here like men going to entertain Sarkin Kano. You left with joy and much expectations but came back alone, dejected, no wife, and the room has been empty since then. Why did you fail me? I was waiting for her, to have a company.”

He hissed.

“Please leave me alone.”

She burst into laughter.

“ Lawal, Lawal. I told you that my Ayatul Khursiyu is not a joke. I chase all devils out of this house. You and I are stuck together . Mutu karaba, takalmin kaza ( Inseparable). You better let the idea out of your head and enjoy while you can. Let us go inside.”

Lawal felt angry and ashamed. What a disgrace. And now Sa'ima was not making it easy on him.

“ How does that concern you and what makes you feel you stopped it?”

“ I was told she does not love you. I told you that I am the one that is made for you. She was just a distraction. She planned to destroy you, and disgrace you. They said she is back with her old boyfriend. They said they were even dating while she was here. How could you be so blind? Lawal, you should thank me for coming to chase her away for you.
My Ayatul khursiyu never fails me. Anybody that trusts in Allah will never fail.”

“That is true but you don’t know what it means to trust in Allah. You don’t even know your duties, you don’t observe prayers in time…..”

“Spare me please. I am not hypocritical. What about Nadia? She prays as if she killed a saint but what did she end up doing? She cheated on you while she was married to you. They got together the very day you divorced her. She could not even observe iddah and they took us for a fool, after sleeping together and she passed out, he took her to hospital claiming it was an accident….”

“Stop it! Where did you get your false information from?”

“Nothing is hidden under the sun. You think I will sit here while you cheat me? Hmmmm….why did you take the twenty boxes you bought somewhere after they rejected you? Why did you not bring them for me so I can slay you with them? My Ayatul Khursiyu will deal with all of you, Insha Allah.”

“Please leave me alone.”

"Let us go inside.”

“I am watching TV and enjoying coffee.”

She laughed.

“ I think the reverse is the case. The TV is watching you and the coffee is drinking you. Come let me go and give you life.”

“Is that all you know? Is marriage all about sex? You don’t have plans, no side attractions, nothing….”

She got up and moved in front of him. She shook her back, making sure her skinny pants was provocative.

“ All you know is…..You are just lucky I have the fear of Allah in me and I know it is not right to deprive you of your rights.” He got on his feet .

“That is the only reason for following.”

She smirked.
They spent about an hour on bed before she excused herself, went to the restroom, came back and then walked to her dressing table.

“ I have something to show for you.”

She came and handed a card to him. It was an invitation card.

Jamil was getting married to Nadia the next day!

No!

Lawal sprang out the bed, naked and ran to get his phone. No! No!

He could not lose her to another man. He could not let Jamil take her away.
Something has to be done. That marriage must be stopped. He paused and checked the card again. No! He was wrong. He did not look at the date very well. Oh God!

He picked his phone.

“Hello.”

“Hello. Alhaji Lawal.” Mallam Zakari said from the other end. “ I am sorry. I am with my Amarya. We got married today.”

“Did you hear about it?”

“About what?”

“Nadia and Jamil.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about. You know I don’t relate with Prof anymore.”

“ They got married today.”

“What?”

“ You failed me. I bought that house for you for a reason, left the five million naira for you for a reason. You failed me, then you will have to pay me back and I am collecting that house back!”

Mallam Zakari felt a bang in his heart. No! Something had to be done.

3 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by Olawale118(m): 1:08am On Oct 14, 2018
hmmmm thanks for the update sokodobo
Re: Beneath My Heart by Tweetyyy: 3:57am On Oct 14, 2018
Mr SOKODOBO i have sent a mail to bellanbooks for the price slash for married to a fink i sent it since friday i don't want to hear that the offer is up ooo
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 7:44am On Oct 14, 2018
Tweetyyy:
Mr SOKODOBO i have sent a mail to bellanbooks for the price slash for married to a fink i sent it since friday i don't want to hear that the offer is up ooo

Hello. Good morning. Apologies. We've responded to all the mails we got. Kindly resend yours.

Regards.
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 8:02am On Oct 14, 2018
TWENTY-NINE

“ Hope you arrived home safely?” Nadia said clutching the phone to her ears.

“ Alhamdulillah.” Naairah said. She did not tell Nadia that Baanah had been in town for three days now. It was her moment of merriment and she was not going to ruin it. Nadia had gone through a lot and deserved happiness.
Jamil had been very impressive. The wedding date was fixed with a limited time but he made it worthwhile. Her first wedding was not better than this. She had begged him to make it low profile but he refused. It was not just his first wedding which a lot of people had anticipated but a knot with someone he loved dearly and got miraculously.

Mama had come to love Nadia so much and still regretted her actions. She spent a lot of money to make the wedding grant. Jamil’s father was working in France. He came back to attend the wedding.
Nadia felt more excited than her first wedding because she never faced the problems she faced this time. Besides, she was out of Lawal’s life and into a new life with Jamil.

“ It still feels like a dream.” Nadia said. “ I am finally married to him.”

“Allah never forsakes one with a good heart. It happened for a reason.”

“It did.”

“Now drop the call. It is after Isha and he will come back from the masjid any moment from now. It is your first night…dearie.”

Nadia chuckled.

“ Here he comes.”

“ Ohhh, happy first night.”

“Go away.”

They ended the call just as Jamil came into the room and gave her a smile.

“ Hurdles don’t stop the race. They slow the pace. But with determination and divine help, you will get to the end of it and have a smile on your face. Today, you and I in our place. As I ascended the staircase,I knew I was coming to my solace. Nadia, this is our life and base.”
He moved slowly towards her, reached out and held her hands, pulled her up and welcomed her into his arms.
They held each other, feeling warmth. This was a day he had dreamt of, lost hope of having, just to have it here.

“ Nadia..”

“Na’am.”

“ I love you.”

“ I love you much more.”

“This is the first time you will lie to me. I love you much much much more.”

“ Then let us compete.”

“I am game.”

Her eyes closed and their lips met.

Lawal could not sleep. He could imagine Nadia with Jamil on their first night. They would be there making……aughhhhhhhhr! No! His Nadia with another man! No!
He could not hold it any longer. He cried. Sa'ima peeked and saw him crying. He did not sleep that night. The next morning, he left home very early. He had to see some people. He came back in the afternoon and heard music blaring loudly from his house.

What was wrong?

He got in and was shocked to see over thirty girls dancing in his living room. They were dancing, drinking and he could swear the drinks were mixed with codeine.
It was like a club.

“What the hell is going on here?” He asked Sa'ima who was the host.

“We are celebrating.”

“Celebrating what?”

“My ex co-wife got married yesterday, and must have enjoyed a long night of love making yesterday. We are celebrating her wedding. Join us, please.”

Lawal stood still, short of words. He did not know what to do. Should he chase them out? Sa'ima was a crazy girl. She could go ballistics and create a scene.
He simply turned and went out again, using hanky to wipe off his tears. He could not let Nadia off his mind. He could remember the times they spent together. The best moments he ever had with a lady. He just did not realise that in time.
No woman could be like her again.
Nadia…….Nadia!
He got into his car and drove out. He just kept driving until he heard a loud horn. It was too late. He was going to hit a big truck with a very high speed. He lost control of the car.

Nadia and Jamil were enjoying lunch at that time, feeding each other. The air was full of love, joy, and peace. It was as if she had never fell in love. It felt new, different, exciting and just too sweet.

Lawal was rushed into emergency ward. He had been engaged in a fatal accident. His car was completely destroyed but he was lucky to have sustained serious injuries. He closed his eyes. He had hit his head severely. It was a miracle that he was alive.
He had to stay alive….he just had to do that.

Nadia came out of the kitchen with the percolator when she saw Jamil coming to the dining. She pouted. A part of her melted as she saw the gorgeous man who she could proudly call her husband, dressed in a well sawn caftan that made him look breath-taking. “ Who asked you to come out when I am not done?” She said ,pouting jokingly.

“ Wallahi, I could not wait longer without you.” He confessed. “ I just wanted to see you.”

“I am in the house, darling.”

“ You don’t understand dear. You seemed so far. I don’t expect you to believe me now, but I never get enough of you. ”

She blushed.

He said and moved to her, and extended his hand to collect the percolator.

“What?” She asked.

“Let me help you with that.” He said, lowered his face and planted a peck on her cheek. “ I guess you still have something to pick. I insist.”

She let him collect the percolator, and then went into the kitchen to collect the chips. She came back to meet him making two cups of tea.

“ Sit down.” He said as she dropped the plates.She sat on a dining chair and he drew another chair close to hers. He drew the tea cups closer and placed one in front of her.
She took a sip and marvelled.

“How did you do that?” She asked.

“ This is our third day and I have seen how you like your tea. I watched it because I might need to make tea for you some times.”

“Awwwwn, you are so sweet.”

“You are sweeter.”

“You are the sweetest.”

“ You are the most sweetest. To hell with tautology.”

She giggled.

They enjoyed their breakfast. He kept feeding her, wiping her lips with tissue, and she felt out of this world. It was like a dream, yet a reality.

“You are not eating, Sweetheart.” She observed and began to feed him.

It was while they ate, almost done her phone rang. She left it in the kitchen. She got up and went to pick it. Jamil did not miss the chance of staring after her back. This was all his. His halal” Masha Allah.

The phone stopped ringing before she got to it. She picked the phone and checked the caller ID.

“It is Mama.” She said as she joined him. She was trying to call back when the phone rang.

“ Assalamu alaikum.” Mama greeted.

“Ameen wa alaikum salam. Good morning, ma.”

“Good morning my daughter. How are you?”

“Alhamdulillah. How is Baba?”

“ He is fine. We are sorry we have not come to see you.”

“It is okay ma. We intend to come tomorrow insha Allah.”

“ Oh, that is nice of you. The house is just beginning to settle. The visitors finally left today.”

“I understand.”

“How is your husband?”

Nadia blushed, felt ashamed and said, “Alhamdulillah.”

“ Nadia, I want you to keep your marriage intact. There is nothing like perfection in marriage. But what matters most is how to handle it. If you have any problem with him, the best people to settle the matter is you and him.
There should be no third party. Do not call your friend at the slightest problem you have, or your mum, sister or relation. If you can’t settle it between you two, God forbid, then the most appropriate person you should talk to is me.
Why? I can handle him. He knows me. If a woman has the habit of telling her relatives the wrongs her husband does, they would settle, she would forget but the relatives won’t. I have seen multiple cases where a girl runs to her family house after a rift with her husband, the parents tell her to stay behind, he calls her , they settle and she wants to go back, the parents say no. Some parents even swear that she would never go back, they can’t take it anymore. She now begins to see her parents as spoilers. Sometimes, she would resort to sneaking to him, and her parents would just wake up to see her pregnant before they are forced to let her go back. It is when you are not satisfied with the way I am handling it, and you find no other means you will resort to that. I do not pray for you to have a serious problem between you that you cannot resolve between you two.”

“ Ameen Mama.”

“ Do not let his masculinity, mannish nature and sex deceive you. You will also be like a mother to him so I give him to you as ‘amana’…it is not just you that is an ‘amana’ to him. He may be stronger physically, older, and be a man but you play a role of a mother in his life
You are the only who can do things I used to do for him….”

Nadia heart sank as Mama said that. What? Did she know what happened this morning, and yesterday morning? She could not have known that. Jamil dared not tell her.
It had reminded her of her childhood and he said the same thing. He had washed her like a baby as they had their bath, dried her body and carried her to the bedroom, applied cream on her then stopped because he could not do make up.
She had also done the same for him, and he acted like a child, and he felt like one and confessed,

“ You bring out the best in life for me. I never knew such a land of ecstasy existed. You softened the hardest part of me, sweetened the bitterest part and cooled the hottest. Life is good. Life is best with you, Nadia.”

“ We women love to be pampered," Mama continued, "but men also loved to be pampered too. The method of pampering might not be the same. Where men like women who act like babies, act like they are crying, making sulky voices, it would disgust a woman to see her man pouting and acting like that. That is not what I mean.
When he looks sad, or perturbed, and you go to him, look concerned, hold him, ask him what is wrong, that is pampering. When he tells you, and you comfort him, give him solace, put his head on your laps, chest,…….”

Nadia felt ashamed and Mama could sense it. Old experienced mother.

“Do not feel ashamed. He is my son, but you are a woman. We are on the same team. Your problem is every woman’s problem. I tell my daughters this. These are the strategies of keeping a man spellbound. Feel him up, make him go like. ‘if she was here she would have done this, only if Nadia was around. I pray you will live in peace with your husband. Jamil is a nice boy but he could be stubborn. Do not see him as a perfect man. Give him his position: A human who is fallible. Do you know how to make beans soup?”

“No ma.”

“ He schooled in Minna and lived with some Nupes .He loves it so much. I had to learn it. It is your turn now, you will come so I can teach you. He also loves zogale( moringa) with a tomatoes , fresh peper and green and he prefers it with grounded kuli-kuli and not salad cream.”

“I know how to make that.”

“ And you will surely pay me for this.”

Nadia laughed.

“ Insha Allah ma.”

“ May Allah bless you with beautiful and blessed children.”

“Ameen.”

“ And no woman shall come to break your house,insha Allah.”

Nadia quickly saw Sa'ima’s image and said , “ ameen.”

“ I have to go. I have to make breakfast for my husband.”

“Thank you ma. May Allah reward you. I promise never to fail you insha Allah.”

“I trust you already. Have a nice day. Say hello to the naughty boy on my behalf.”

Nadia chuckled.

“Okay ma. My regards to Baba.”

“I will tell him. Bye.”

“Bye bye.”

The call ended.

Jamil puffed his cheeks.

“What were you discussing like that?”

“That is none of your business, Mister.” She said and rolled her eyes. “ The only part that is your business is …..she says hello.”

“ Hmmmm..someone is jealous. I will call daddy(her father) too but….there is just one problem.”

“What?”

“I don’t have my dictionary close to me.”

They laughed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by blakid(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2018
since i have been reading stories on nairaland, i have not for once made or drop any comment, but u made me do dt with ur captivating mode of constructing words. i must commend, u are the BEST.

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 11:19am On Oct 14, 2018
blakid:
since i have been reading stories on nairaland, i have not for once made or drop any comment, but u made me do dt with ur captivating mode of constructing words. i must commend, u are the BEST.

Thank you
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2018
Throwback: What happened between Nadia and Jamil's mother at the hospital.

Nadia, even though I never had the privilege of meeting you.” Mama said. “ I am sorry it has to be under such a circumstance. I don’t know if it is alright to talk with you know?”

“ I am okay.” Nadia said. “ You can talk ma.”

“Thank you. I am aware of your relationship with my son. He told me about it from the start and as a mother ,I gave him my piece of advice. I even called on his siblings so we could share views. Whatever decision we took had nothing to do with you as a person because we did not know you.

I gave him my support until he told me that you had an unfortunate incident which made you a divorcee. I felt bad for you because I also have daughters. I am sorry about that my daughter.”

Nadia nodded.

“Thank you ma.”

“ I must be straight with you. We came to a conclusion that he could not marry you. He has never been married and that bothers me. I told him to choose between you and I. He became something else. Jamil was a lively young man but his relationship with you changed all of that. He stopped been the normal kid I knew.

He fell into depression and seclusion. I was told you were to get married a few days back. He just went out without telling us where he was going to. The next thing I heard that he was in hospital. It was later I heard all that happened.

I see that you two are obsessed with each other. It happens to young kids. But both of you do not understand the real love. My daughter, I need a favour from you. If you want me to go on my knees, I would do that. I have nothing against you. You are pretty and seemed to be well behaved. I only wish you were not married before. That is my only problem.

I want you to help me, leave Jamil so he could have his life back. Tell him you are not interested in him, go back to your husband, he will feel hurt but he would get over it. He is just a small boy. I can do anything just to have this favour from you, please my daughter. Please.”

Nadia took in a deep breath, closed her eyes, praying to avert another attack. She waited and felt her nerves calming. Hafsat thought she was going to pass out.

“ Thank you very much ma for talking with me with such kindness.” Nadia managed to say after she felt calm. “ I understand all what you have said and appreciate your concern and sympathy from me. May Allah reward you.

I and Jamil met by fate. He saved my life on the day I was divorced and displayed a benevolence that was rare. I was zonked, and ran into his car. He did not only take me to the hospital, risk leaving his car there, pay my bills, but stayed throughout until my people were informed and left without leaving an address. You have brought up a nice person.

I never recognized him the day he came to my office. He allowed us finish the business discussion before he let me know who he was. We became friends but he never asked me out. I was in iddah and could not even do that but he did not know.

It was later he proposed and that was just a few days after I was out of iddah. I told him that it would not work out. I revealed to him that I was a divorcee. I was not even interested in another marriage then because I was divorced four months after my marriage, after going through hell. I was scared of the two words: men and marriage.

He was shocked and left but he came back. He said he loved me unconditionally. I wanted to resist but I could not. The feeling was reciprocal. But my ex-husband came back at that time, begging. I chose Jamil over him but my parents had settled with Lawal’s family and I was asked to go back. Jamil came to tell me the outcome of your decision, and I told him about the decision of my family.

We had to separate naturally. But we could not forget each other. Loving your son is not my making. If I could, I would have taken him off my mind and avoid the pains and travails. I understand your feelings and it was never my wish to be a divorcee. But it is a test from my creator and every woman is prone to becoming a divorcee or widow, may Allah avert that from them.”

“Ameen.” Hafsat said quickly.

“ I don’t know how I can help you but maybe if I get out of here, I would leave the country. I will go for my Masters, or anything just to take me away from him. Get him a wife, so he could get married before I come back. I will commit my life to Allah for extrication. I cannot not tell him that I don’t love him.

But leaving here would be the best I can do. I pray he gets the best of virgins. I am just sad that women suffer things that are not their fault sometimes. There are so many girls out there that are not married, and have never been married but at the same sexual status with a divorcee. Some of these girls were abused at a very tender age, by cousins, uncles, private tutors, paedophiles when they knew nothing.

Some of them were raped, some drugged and molested, some derailed and let the devil got hold of them. What happens if they get married and it is discovered that they are not virgins? They are not divorcees but not virgins. You could have a divorcee that is a virgin. I have heard of cases where a marriage is knotted and the girl runs away. She is still a divorcee.

Would the man divorce her? No. He should not even think about it if he did not witness it himself. It could be an accident, or something that happened when she was just a child. I advise that all these should be checked before choosing a wife for him.

Our feelings are not out of childishness. He is about thirty and I am around twenty-four.

I thank you for advising me to go back to my ex-husband but there is nothing that would make me go back to him. He married another girl three months after my wedding, sent me out my bedroom from her to occupy, sent me out of my kitchen and stopped coming to me, physical and mental abuse and the girl is still there with him. Who knows what would happen if I go back?

It is not about these now, but I do not love him anymore. I cannot go back. I will remain single for as long as Allah wish. But for you, I will leave the country. Going for Masters would be the excuse my father would concur to. I pray what happened to me will never happen to any of your daughters, or grandchildren.

I pray it does not happen to any girl in the world. It is a plight with a pain beyond imagination. That is the best I can do ma.”

There was a few seconds of silence as she finished.
Mama took in a deep breath, and got on her feet.

“ Thank you very much.” She left without another word.

Nadia closed her eyes again and cried softly. It seemed Jamil could never be hers. It seemed happiness would not be hers when it came to marriage. Could she love any man like she loved Jamil again? Would there be another man who loved her for who she was, unconditionally like Jamil? What would she tell her parents?

She felt someone hold her hand. She almost flinched, then opened her eyes to see Mama by her side. Mama was in tears.

“ I am sorry, my daughter.” She said. “ I don’t think I am ready to lose you. I just got another daughter. You little kids win. Go ahead and get married. Please forgive me…”

Nadia thought she was dreaming until she felt the stream of tears cascading. She sat up and hugged Mama, crying.

3 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
Adnan held the gun tightly, his face was hard, he was very alert, his eyes travelling round the room, waiting to hear the slightest sound and pull the trigger.
He heard a sound and then abruptly pointed his gun at the direction. He saw nothing. He kept searching, then looked upstairs. He began to climb the stairs slowly, his hard face looking mean. He took a few steps then heard a sound. He was sure it was the thief this time.
He turned and pulled the trigger.
The criminal who had been hiding behind a shelf had run out, also holding a gun.

“ Gushan!” Adnan fired. “ Stop or I shoot your legs.”

The criminal paused.

“Your hands in the air and do not make a false move. I am well trained.”

The criminal smiled.

“I am also trained.” The criminal said and turned to fire a shot at Adnan.

“ Gushan!”

Adnan docked and fired back. “ Gushan!”

He moved closer to the criminal but the criminal shot him in the chest.

“Aughhhhhhrrrr!!!” Adnan held his chest. The criminal shot at him again. He fell to the ground. The criminal tried to escape but was caught by Adnan. The criminal turned and pouted.

“ Haba! I shot you in the chest fa. You cheat me. You don’t used to die.” Naairah said putting down her paper gun.

“ But I am the actor ( protagonist) and you are the boss(antagonist). Actor no dey die.”

Naaira pouted as if she was going to cry.

“Wait, when I was the police, you killed me and said you were the boss and Al-Capone killed the good guys.”

“ It is the plot…..’

“No, you are cheating me. what kind of actor? I shot you at a close range in the chest.”

‘You don’t understand. I am The Terminator. I came from another planet….”

Nadia burst into laughter.

“ Hayati, you will always trick me in every game we play.”

This was one of their many secrets. They used to play like children; Police and thief; hide and seek; who stares longer; starring without smiling or laughing; they never had a dull moment.

It was at that point the house help came to announce the arrival of Baanah.
Baanah came in majestically, swaying her small waist, with her eyes behind big dark glasses.

“How are you Naairah.” She said with a smile. “ My Hayati, how was your night?”

Naairah felt as if she was immersed into a frozen water.

“ Good morning.” She said to Baanah.

“ Hayati, we need to go out. Umm Aaliyah said you need to show me some places I got on my list. I guess it is going to be fun.” She smiled. “ Is Zuma rock as big as Uhud?”

Adnan did not know what to say. Naairah just left the living-room.

2 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
Lawal sat on the hospital bed, eating bread and sipping tea. He was recuperating but was asked to rest. He was lucky to have survived such a fatal accident without a serious injury.
Sa'ima was sitting on a chair, her phone in her hand while she browsed.
Lawal finished his breakfast, dropped the cup and lay down. He closed his eyes and wanted to rest. His body was resting but his mind was racing. He could not get his mind off Nadia. Three days! The marriage must have been consummated.

“ Asslamu alaikum.” A man said.

Lawal did not open his eyes. He did not want to talk to anyone now. He would tell them to stop visitors from coming. He was okay.

“ Ameen wa alaikum salam.” Sa'ima replied excitedly. “ A’ahhh, amarya da ango(bride and bridegroom) !”

Lawal opened his eyes and his heart sank.

It was Nadia and Jamil!

“ You are welcome.” Sa'ima said with her face full of smiles.

Nadia noticed that her smile was genuine, the bliss palpable but that was not because she was happy for her, but for herself to have gotten her out of the house. It turned out to be a blessing for her because she just found true love and happiness.

That was what happened when one said a lot if inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji’un when afflicted with calamity.

“Thank you very much.” Nadia said with a genuine smile too. She gave Sa'ima a polythene containing fruits. “ We heard what happened to your husband so my husband said we should come and see him.”

“Allah Sarki. Your HUSBAND is such a nice person. Thank you for the fruits” She said. “ Lawal is doing better. He is awake. Congratulations Aunty Nadia. I am so happy for you. You guys do match. I think I have a new couple crush.”

Nadia chuckled.

“Thank you, Sa'ima.”

She saw Lawal lying down. He looked pale.
Lawal felt as if he was been poured molten copper. He saw Nadia looking as beautiful as he had never seen her look. There was joy, fulfilment on her face, and he could not deny that there was something extra ordinary between her and this idiot who stole her from him.
The sound of ‘my husband’ from her was the worst thing he had heard in decades. Nadia married to another man? Calling someone her husband in his presence and Sa'ima exacerbated the situation.

“ Mallam Lawal.” Nadia said and her sweet voice hit him. No! Tantalizing!

“ Na’am Nadia.”

“I am sorry about what happened.”

“Thank you.”

“ Mallam Lawal, I hope you feel better?” Jamil asked .

Lawal wished he could gun him down. Three days. He has been there, shege dan iska( insult)!

“ Alhamdulillah.” He replied .” Thank you.”

“ I hope there is no internal injury, but you look okay outwardly.” Nadia asked.

It seemed she still loved him, Lawal thought. That was a show of concern.

“ I am okay.” He said with a smile. “ Do not worry. I know you worry a lot.”

“ It is my obligation to worry for not just a Muslim brother but every human being

“That is true.” Sa'ima said quickly and smirked at Lawal.

“ So how was your wedding?” Sa'ima asked. “ Haba! You could not even send us a card.”

“I am sorry. I do not have a justifiable excuse. Alhamdulillah. We give praise to Allah.”

“ Masha Allah. May Allah bring babies.”.

“Ameen.”

Lawal was so uncomfortable. This was torture, worse than the pain from the accident scene. But he still felt Nadia still loved him. She was just angry. She has been showing concern; she may have convinced Jamil to come and see him.

“ Thank you for coming to see me, Nadia.” Lawal said giving her what he felt was an appealing look.

She smiled.

“ Okay let me not take the credit that is not mine. Actually it’s Sweetheart who said we must come and see you. He was the one that was told that you were involved in an accident. So he should be the one you should thank .” She said and flashed Jamil a romantic and lovely look, then as their eyes met, she could not help but give him a smile.

This was the peak of Lawal’s jealousy. He tried to control it but felt a sharp pain in his heart.

“ Thank you Jamil.”

“ You are welcome.” He said. “ I am sorry we can’t stay long. We have to see one or two more people.”

“ Thank you.” Lawal said curtly.

“ Amarya da ango.” Sa'ima said. “ You guys so fit each other.”

“ Awwnnnn, thank you. I have to confess that you and Lawal so fit each other too. May Allah leave you guys together, become Derby and Joan.”

“Ameeeeeen. Insha Allah, with my Ayatul Khursiyu, we will always be together.”

Lawal felt like bursting.

As the couple were about to leave Lawal said, “Jamil.”

They turned.

“ Yes?”

“Please can I speak to Nadia alone?”

“Alone?” Jamil asked.

“ Yes. There is something of mine she still has. Something very confidential which we must talk about now. Please.”

“ What is it Lawal?” Nadia said. “ That my husband cannot know of?”

“ Nadia I have a wife too and she must not know about this now. It is nothing.”

“ It is not Islamically allowed to be in seclusion with you.” Nadia said.

“ Yes.” Sa'ima said. “ That is true.”

Lawal swallowed something bitter. Today, he could not be in seclusion with Nadia. The lady he was married to. He messed up.

“Please.” Lawal said.

Jamil said, “ I can only allow that if there is third party.”

“I volunteer.” Sa'ima said.

Nadia could not help but chuckle.

After a little deliberation, a nurse who did not understand Hausa language was brought in while Jamil and Sa'ima left them.

“ Nadia.” Lawal said. “ I know how you feel. Please save my life. I had this accident because of you.”

“Me?”

“Yes. I was zonked. I almost died.”

“I am sorry about that. I guess I went through the same thing once.”

“ That only shows that our hearts are still together. I know you still love me and I still love you……”

“ Lawal, I am a happily married woman.”

“I am unhappily married.”

“That is your luck. I was once unhappily married too. But now…..”

“We used to be happy together.”

“I don’t want to remember that I was ever married to you. I wish we never met.”

“It is anger.”

“You still don’t understand. I told you this a lot of times. It is not about that. I feel for him what I never felt for you. It is different from what we had. The only good thing I feel about being with you is giving me the chance to meet him. If there is nothing you have to say, I am leaving. We are not supposed to be talking about this. You said you had something with me…… “

“I was not lying. You still have my heart…”

“God forbid! I have only my husband’s heart and I intend to keep it, nourish it for the rest of my life. You have Sa'ima to keep your heart. She is your wife, the love of your life…..”

“Nadia…”

“I thought you had something important to say but I forgive you because you were said to have hit your head..”

“Are you saying I am crazy?”

“ Tell me the sane man that would excuse a married woman and say this to her with her husband waiting outside? You are sick Lawal. I only came here because Sweetheart asked me to come…”

“ Must you call him that to hurt me? You are been childish.”

“Noooo, Lawal. I am used to calling that, and if you see anything that makes you feel I am hurting you, I am sorry but I and my husband are so much in love we don’t know we flaunt it all the time. I am sorry about that but you have no right to feel jealous or hurt. I am a married woman. I wish you soonest recovery.” She turned to leave.

“Nadia, Nadia….”he called but she ignored him and left.

Sa'ima came in after she had gone.

She smiled.

“ Masha Allah. I am happy for her. “She said. “ I know you are a good Muslim and is happy for your Muslim sister.”

“ Get out of my sight!”

Sa'ima laughed.

“ Lawali my boo.” She chuckled. “ See him sitting like Kumbo, one monkey I saw in UI Zoo.”

7 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by Tweetyyy: 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2018
Sokodobo I have sent another mail please check nah
Re: Beneath My Heart by excelmerry: 1:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
grin grin Oh Sa'ima, I'm loving u right now. You are just the perfect God-given punishment to Lawal.. but remember, your own punishment is coming soon.. isn't Karma awesome?

2 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2018
Tweetyyy:
Sokodobo I have sent another mail please check nah

Hello, Tweetyyy, I am sorry, still didn't get your mail. I will send you a DM now
Re: Beneath My Heart by Harzeezh123: 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2018
well done bro may Almighty Allah bless u more Dan wat u asked for may u never experienced failure in all wat u working pray for
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
Harzeezh123:
well done bro may Almighty Allah bless u more Dan wat u asked for
may u never experienced failure in all wat u working pray for

Amen. Thank you
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 2:07pm On Oct 14, 2018
There were two blocks of flats; two bedrooms each. Then three rooms, each with a toilet serving as boys’ quarters. The house was not expensively built but was comfortable. This was Mallam Zakari’s new home.
Talatu occupied one of the flats while his first wife occupied the other. She used one bedroom while her three daughters shared the other room. The four boys occupied the boys’ quarters.
Talatu came out of her flat, dressed in blue denim pants and purple T-shirt. She stood akimbo, holding a packet of cheese balls.

“ Swee Swee” She called. “ Swee Zaks.”

Mallam Zakari was in the other flat with his older wife. He heard her voice and began to shiver.

Falmata grimaced.

“Mallam, does she not know that it is my turn?”

“I am not going to sleep with her.” He said. “It is day time. Maybe she is in need of something.”

“Hmmmm, Mallam fear Allah. The injustice is getting too much.”

“What injustice?”

“Mallam, I have seven children, and you share what you bring equally, is that what you call justice? Sharing equally is not enough. You have to consider the number of children I have.”

“ Sweeeee Zaks” He heard her call again.

“ Tutu Babies, I am coming.”

Falmata shook her head. How did this lady change such an old man?
He got up and went out. Falmata went after him and peeped through the window.
Talatu smiled as she saw him come out.

“How far?”

“ Cooooool.”

“ Swee Swee.”

“Tutu babies.”

“ Close your eyes.”

They were standing on her veranda.

He closed his eyes.

She tore the fifteen naira cheese balls pack open and put one ball in his mouth. She was always trying to show Falmata that she was not on the same pace with her. She was sophisticated, westernized and nothing near local.
She would come out and sit in front of her flat, dressed in English wears, reading big novels or pretending to be reading them, drinking SAN yoghurt and with slices of bread, using hoofer ( Vacuum cleaner) to sweep the compound, claiming she does not take Tuwo, Koko, dan wake, etcetera.

But Falmata was making a big mistake. She never dressed well until she was going out. She was just forty-four and still beautiful. She was not romantic, never innovative, or thought of something to thrill her husband.
She was the type who believed doing anything outside lying like a log of wood under her husband was debauchery. She was a responsible woman and was not brought up that way. She could not be dressing like a prostitute in the name of marriage.

There was a time Mallam wanted them to start kissing, the kind of thing the white men do in movies. He even went ahead to buy skimpy clothes for her. She stood her grounds. She refused to wear them. This had been happening for over twenty years.
Why should a woman just wake up, finish her work and wear her best clothes when she was not going out? What would she wear if she was going to gidan biki? Best clothes are for beneath the box.

Mallam was working at the University as a messenger. That was where he met Professor Abubakar. He would see girls well dressed, wished he would go home and meet his wife like that but she would never do that.
Now that he got this money, he fulfilled his dreams. Talatu was the right girl. She had her boxes stashed with such clothes, treated him in bed like he never dreamt of.
So Mallam got lost. He took a dangerous part. He was now impartial, and allowing Talatu to take control of his actions and inactions. And the way she was living her life, he would forever need more money.
So when Lawal called him moments ago, he had no option other than to oblige and the time was here. There was no going back.

“ My name is Mallam Salisu Habib. I am from the Sharia court. I am here to present a sermon to you.” He said and gave Lawal a paper.
It was not just a sermon but a claim that the marriage between him and Nadia was null and void.
Lawal claimed Jamil was married illegally to his wife. His lawyer said Professor Abubakar gave Mallam Zakari the permission to give the hand of his daughter in marriage but later twisted the arrangement.

Mallam Lawal was ready to swear in court that Professor Abubakar had given him the permission to give her hand in marriage to Lawal. Three other witnesses had been arranged to swear to attest to this.
Each witness was given three million naira. Mallam Lawal got the house and the five million naira Lawal gave him. This was the arrangement. Now that Nadia was not ready to come back, Lawal was ready to do all he could to get her out Jamil’s life. He was obsessed .
He had already bribed the judge.

He had to get her out of that house. Jamil would never have her.
Jamil read the paper with Nadia behind him.

Mallam Zakari drove into his compound and wondered who the lady coming out of his wife’s flat was. Wait!

Falamata?

She was wearing a black jeans and skinny white T-shirt. Her hair was washed, creamed and made into ponytail. She wore full make up, and he noticed the beauty of her lips, eyes for the first time.
She was cat walking like a model.
Thanks to her daughters. They had told her that crying and complaining was not the best way to fight Talatu. She should fight back by giving their father what he wanted.

They got her clothes, thought her how to make up, even steps, and use of Android phone. This training and been going on secretly for a while so it was time to put it to action.
She smiled, walked coquettishly to him, opened the car door and hugged him.

“Welcome my soul classmate.” She said. No! that was not what Rufaida told her.

“Soulmate.” She corrected quickly. She kissed him.

What!

Mallam Zakari was dumbfounded. He smiled. That was what he liked.

"Welcome EmZee darling. I missed you."

"I missed you 'me ma'"

"How was your day? "

"Alhamdulillah. But I guess I am at the best time of the day. "

She smiled. She held his hand and they went inside. She had cleared up the house, packed all the trash made the air appealing with air freshener.

"Would you like to take a bath first or have your lunch?"

This was new.

"I think I need the bath first."

"Okay. "She went and put on music"Salan Diya( Celine Dion)"She said with a smile. She went and fixed water for him. He went into the bedroom, undressed and went into the bathroom.
He had barely started when she went in and joined him. She had only a towel round her waist. She let it off and they had bath.
First time in twenty six years.

After the bath, she served him food which was specially cooked with the help of her daughters.
She sat near him and fed him.

Falmata?

After the meal, she sat close to him, her hand on his chest while she told him stories.

She tickled him. He flinched laughed and said, "Falma Babies"

"No, I don't want babies. You call her that. I want mine."

"Hmmmm... Falma darling "

"Ahuuuuuu.I love you Emzee"

"Emzee? "

"Yes. Em for Mallam, Zee for Zak"

"Ohhhhh. "

"I am sorry for not being rheumatism all these while" No, it was not the word Rufaida taught her. OK. She remembered.

"What? "

"I said I am sorry for not being romantic all these years. You know we learn everyday. "

"Yes. It is not too late. I just learnt that I love you more."

"Me ma"

They chuckled while she romanced him.

"Swee Sweee"Talatu called from outside. "Sweet Zaks"

He did not answer. Falmata was giving him juice to sip while she played with his body.

"Sweeee Zack's, Kiris Baran (Chris Brown). "

He hissed, then excused himself and and went out.

Falmata knew Talatu would do all she can to make sure he did not come back.
It was working. This was better than fighting aimlessly. Why had she not been doing this since?

Mallam Zakari saw Talatu standing outside.

"Haba Sweet Zacks. You came back and did not bother to see me. "

"I would come and check on you later. You know it is her turn today. "

"So? "

"I have to go back now. "

"But I got your favorite drinks ready, and I fried some plantain. "

"Wallah I just ate. I will come. "

"Okay, just come in for ten minutes. "

"Talatu,... "

"Talatu? "

"Tutu Babies.... It is her turn. Let me give her what belongs to her. I will be back. "

He turned and went back. He could not wait to go back to her arms. It was like he was meeting Falmata for the first time.
Talatu was astonished. What was going on? Ohhhhh, she saw how she dressed today. Okay, let them see who would win.

It was while he was going back Lawal called him. It was time.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply)

Mask Hunter / Birthmark / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.