Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,042 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Beneath My Heart - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Beneath My Heart (141295 Views)

What Lies Beneath / Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel / Please help review: Beneath The Rubbles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2018
Adnan paced up and down in front of the emergency hall. He did not believe what Aisha said. Naairah would never attack Baanah first and that was certain. There had to be an explanation to this. He was worried about Naairah. He did not call her parents. This was a shame and he had to make sure it never repeat itself again.

She did not deserve this and he would not condole this. They said Baanah was conscious at the moment. He did not even trust her. It was his gate keeper who carried her into the car as he took them to the hospital but he could feel it that she was only pretending to be unconscious.
If this was happening now, what would happen when he got married to her? This having a child thing was not making any sense to him and it seemed his mother wanted to have the child from her family member.

Could he let this madness go on? Besides he had to be in USA as soon as possible. Pappy would not agree to that. They must not know that he was in touch with Mason. Could he leave without Naairah?

No! She had to go with him. He did not want to get her involved but he would try as much a possible to keep her out of sight. Besides, he had not trained anyone like he trained her. She had become a computer expert and tracker. He had even thought her to program, and break into systems.

He would need her. She was not just his love but his partner. He trusted her. Then the thought that she was
in a state between life and death hit him. What would happen if she died?

No!

He would kill Baanah here and now!
But that would not bring her back. He should not even think about it. He could not lose her.
Naairah was in there, struggling to survive for doing nothing. He would not forgive Baanah for this. He just didn't believe Aisha.

A door opened and Baanah came out, dragging her feet, looking weak and remorseful. She saw Aadila sitting on a stool and then broke into tears, before she ran into her hands while she spoke in Arabic language.
Adnan took his eyes off them, and waited for the doctor with Naairah.
His heart was beating rapidly. He continued pacing up and down.

The door opened and he was shocked to see Baanah get to the doctor before he did.

"Is she alright? "Baanah asked, looking concerned and her pretence made Adnan boil.

Aadila and Aisha joined them.

The doctor took a deep breath.

"She suffered a severe shock, which was very dangerous but she is lucky she did not loose her pregnancy."

"Loose what? "Aadila asked.

"She is four weeks pregnant. Such accident could have made her lose it. She needs one week of intensive rest."

Baanah was speechless. Did she just hear that Naairah was pregnant? How? Why? Now what going to happen to her? Why did they not tell her that she was pregnant? Why did they have to humiliate her? Now she regretted not killing the bitch!

“ Are you sure about this, doctor?” Aadila asked.

“ I am hundred per cent sure she is pregnant but you can take her for further test.” The doctor said. “If you may excuse me, I have a patient to attend to. She is perfectly okay now but she must have the rest, avoid emotional and physical stress.”

Adnan offered a hand shake.

“Thank you very much doctor.” He said. “ Can we see her?”

“She has been discharged. She is free to go home.” He said, nodded and left.

They went inside and saw her sitting on the bed. They had lied to the hospital management that it was an accident because they might not attend to them without a police authorization.
Naairah saw her husband, broke into tears and hugged him.

“ She wanted to kill me.” She said in tears, “she hit me with the flower vase on the head. What did I do to deserve this? Simply because I am barren?”

“It is okay, Naairah.” Aadila said. “ We can talk about this at home. They don’t know what happened. Baanah said you hit her first.”

“Wallahi I did not touch her. She hit me and I fainted.”

“It is okay, Miss Sunshine.” Adnan said holding her. “ We can’t reverse it and the matter is settled. You are not barren my dear.”

“What?”

“I guess the doctor did not tell you. You are one month pregnant.”

Naairah looked at the faces of everyone in the room in confusion. What was he talking about. How ?

“ Hayati, please don’t toy with me…”

“You know I would not joke over such a thing. You are going to be a mother insha Allah. Allah has the power to do all things and this is just one of His merciful acts. Alhamdulillah and we should leave here pronto! We got to go and celebrate my love.
The only one that gives my heart that yummy feelings, that delectable sensation, that fulfillment ….”

“ Mama is here….” Naairah whispered, still trying to accept the fact that she was pregnant.

“ I am so blind and deaf now. All I see is the mother of my child.”

Baanah was fuming, her lips quivering while her fingers clenched and unclenched.

“ Congratulations Naairah.” Aadila said with a smile. “ May I speak to my son alone?”

“Sure, ma. Thank you.” Naairah said.

Aadila went out.

“ I can't trust her with Baanah alone here.”

“What do you mean?” Baanah asked. “ I am not a psychopath. I am happy for her and I just said Allah is the greatest.”

“Thank you for being happy for me.” Naairah said. “ But it is wrong to say Allah is the greatest.”

Baanah pouted.

“ Oh my God. Are you not a Muslim? Are you against me saying Allah is the greatest. Do you have another God who is greater? SubahanAllah!”

“ It is wrong for a Muslim to say Allah is the greatest but say Allah is great. Greatest is a superlative word and that is used in comparison. You should not compare Allah to anything. Suratul ikhlas tells us that. He is one. If you say He is the greatest, it is like saying there are other Gods but he is the greatest amongst them. Just say Allah is great, faqat.”

Baanah glared at her and she found herself full of detest. She saw a scissors by her bed and she made a swift move that surprised everybody.
She grabbed the scissors and pushed Naairah down. Before Adnan could get to her, she had stabbed her several time in the stomach, shouting,

“die bitch! Die bitch!”

Blood gushed profusely, the bed sheet was turned red at once and the floor became a pool of blood while Naairah screamed.

Adnan extended a hand to grab Baanah but she swung the scissors and it slashed straight into Adnan's neck, it stuck and then she pushed him. He fell on Naairah and the pressure sent the scissors deeper. He gave a deep moan and dropped his head on hers.

Aadila screamed and the shrill sound pierced into terrified Aisha's ear.

Baanah laughed, her face a cloud of horror.

"I told you not to fuc* with me! " And she turned at Aadila. It was her turn.

Adnan was lying on Naairah's dead body.

5 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by Born2Breed(f): 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
@Sokodobo, Pls dnt stop now. The suspense is tormenting.
Re: Beneath My Heart by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2018
I hope this is just a dream... shedding tears

More pls

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by MhizFavour: 5:45pm On Oct 16, 2018
Lawd! I didnt expect this. Naairah pls dnt die... More pls
Re: Beneath My Heart by felix00(m): 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2018
she just got pregnant!!!!!
Re: Beneath My Heart by Mukhtar20(m): 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2018
if adan's mother is patience enough, this will not happen
Re: Beneath My Heart by okeyben10: 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2018
na wa sokodobo

na so yu use kill ds babe

shior!!

as if she and adnan Neva suffer reach
Re: Beneath My Heart by Ann2012(f): 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2018
Pls nothing should happen to Adnan and Naairah embarassed

I'm going to kill that Baanah she devil
Re: Beneath My Heart by Tweetyyy: 6:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
Sokodobo noooooooooooooooo don't do this don't stop, this should not end here noooooooooooooooooooo guy update ASAP! edakun
Re: Beneath My Heart by FortunateB(f): 7:01pm On Oct 16, 2018
This is the stage I will be mad at Sokodobo if anything happen to Naairah, please save her and Adnah for us.

Can't stop crying for Naairah.
Re: Beneath My Heart by Divineroyalty(f): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2018
I know it's all a dream.
Sokodobo just tell us the dreamer OK.
Thank you.
Re: Beneath My Heart by MhizFavour: 7:18pm On Oct 16, 2018
Adnan and Naairah cannot just die like dat na, actor no dey diegrin
Re: Beneath My Heart by Kechbeau: 7:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
what did I just read ? soko come and rewrite this page..I beg you

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by mercyymai(f): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2018
See suspense. I had to rush to the end to read the last part. But I guess it is a dream sha o

In fact it must be a dream
Re: Beneath My Heart by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
What the...?
Re: Beneath My Heart by excelmerry: 8:53pm On Oct 16, 2018
SokoDobo abeg if na joke stop am oo, stop am ooo, haba!!

Na so u dey do? angry angry
Re: Beneath My Heart by cerowo(f): 9:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
sokodobo I nr like this kind play oo
Re: Beneath My Heart by sirchim(m): 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
Sokodobo ba na son irin wasa nan fa! I know this is Nairaah's imagination kawai!
Re: Beneath My Heart by AmaUwana(f): 9:49pm On Oct 16, 2018
which kine joke bi dis? shebi na dream things? undecidedwhich kine joke bi dis? shebi na dream things?
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2018
SokoDobo:
Adnan paced up and down in front of the emergency hall. He did not believe what Aisha said. Naairah would never attack Baanah first and that was certain. There had to be an explanation to this. He was worried about Naairah. He did not call her parents. This was a shame and he had to make sure it never repeat itself again.

She did not deserve this and he would not condole this. They said Baanah was conscious at the moment. He did not even trust her. It was his gate keeper who carried her into the car as he took them to the hospital but he could feel it that she was only pretending to be unconscious.
If this was happening now, what would happen when he got married to her? This having a child thing was not making any sense to him and it seemed his mother wanted to have the child from her family member.

Could he let this madness go on? Besides he had to be in USA as soon as possible. Pappy would not agree to that. They must not know that he was in touch with Mason. Could he leave without Naairah?

No! She had to go with him. He did not want to get her involved but he would try as much a possible to keep her out of sight. Besides, he had not trained anyone like he trained her. She had become a computer expert and tracker. He had even thought her to program, and break into systems.

He would need her. She was not just his love but his partner. He trusted her. Then the thought that she was
in a state between life and death hit him. What would happen if she died?

No!

He would kill Baanah here and now!
But that would not bring her back. He should not even think about it. He could not lose her.
Naairah was in there, struggling to survive for doing nothing. He would not forgive Baanah for this. He just didn't believe Aisha.

A door opened and Baanah came out, dragging her feet, looking weak and remorseful. She saw Aadila sitting on a stool and then broke into tears, before she ran into her hands while she spoke in Arabic language.
Adnan took his eyes off them, and waited for the doctor with Naairah.
His heart was beating rapidly. He continued pacing up and down.

The door opened and he was shocked to see Baanah get to the doctor before he did.

"Is she alright? "Baanah asked, looking concerned and her pretence made Adnan boil.

Aadila and Aisha joined them.

The doctor took a deep breath.

"She suffered a severe shock, which was very dangerous but she is lucky she did not loose her pregnancy."

"Loose what? "Aadila asked.

"She is four weeks pregnant. Such accident could have made her lose it. She needs one week of intensive rest."

Baanah was speechless. Did she just hear that Naairah was pregnant? How? Why? Now what going to happen to her? Why did they not tell her that she was pregnant? Why did they have to humiliate her? Now she regretted not killing the bitch!

“ Are you sure about this, doctor?” Aadila asked.

“ I am hundred per cent sure she is pregnant but you can take her for further test.” The doctor said. “If you may excuse me, I have a patient to attend to. She is perfectly okay now but she must have the rest, avoid emotional and physical stress.”

Adnan offered a hand shake.

“Thank you very much doctor.” He said. “ Can we see her?”

“She has been discharged. She is free to go home.” He said, nodded and left.

They went inside and saw her sitting on the bed. They had lied to the hospital management that it was an accident because they might not attend to them without a police authorization.
Naairah saw her husband, broke into tears and hugged him.

“ She wanted to kill me.” She said in tears, “she hit me with the flower vase on the head. What did I do to deserve this? Simply because I am barren?”

“It is okay, Naairah.” Aadila said. “ We can talk about this at home. They don’t know what happened. Baanah said you hit her first.”

“Wallahi I did not touch her. She hit me and I fainted.”

“It is okay, Miss Sunshine.” Adnan said holding her. “ We can’t reverse it and the matter is settled. You are not barren my dear.”

“What?”

“I guess the doctor did not tell you. You are one month pregnant.”

Naairah looked at the faces of everyone in the room in confusion. What was he talking about. How ?

“ Hayati, please don’t toy with me…”

“You know I would not joke over such a thing. You are going to be a mother insha Allah. Allah has the power to do all things and this is just one of His merciful acts. Alhamdulillah and we should leave here pronto! We got to go and celebrate my love.
The only one that gives my heart that yummy feelings, that delectable sensation, that fulfillment ….”

“ Mama is here….” Naairah whispered, still trying to accept the fact that she was pregnant.

“ I am so blind and deaf now. All I see is the mother of my child.”

Baanah was fuming, her lips quivering while her fingers clenched and unclenched.

“ Congratulations Naairah.” Aadila said with a smile. “ May I speak to my son alone?”

“Sure, ma. Thank you.” Naairah said.

Aadila went out.

“ I can't trust her with Baanah alone here.”

“What do you mean?” Baanah asked. “ I am not a psychopath. I am happy for her and I just said Allah is the greatest.”

“Thank you for being happy for me.” Naairah said. “ But it is wrong to say Allah is the greatest.”

Baanah pouted.

“ Oh my God. Are you not a Muslim? Are you against me saying Allah is the greatest. Do you have another God who is greater? SubahanAllah!”

“ It is wrong for a Muslim to say Allah is the greatest but say Allah is great. Greatest is a superlative word and that is used in comparison. You should not compare Allah to anything. Suratul ikhlas tells us that. He is one. If you say He is the greatest, it is like saying there are other Gods but he is the greatest amongst them. Just say Allah is great, faqat.”

Baanah glared at her and she found herself full of detest. She saw a scissors by her bed and she made a swift move that surprised everybody.
She grabbed the scissors and pushed Naairah down. Before Adnan could get to her, she had stabbed her several time in the stomach, shouting,

“die bitch! Die bitch!”

Blood gushed profusely, the bed sheet was turned red at once and the floor became a pool of blood while Naairah screamed.

Adnan extended a hand to grab Baanah but she swung the scissors and it slashed straight into Adnan's neck, it stuck and then she pushed him. He fell on Naairah and the pressure sent the scissors deeper. He gave a deep moan and dropped his head on hers.

Aadila screamed and the shrill sound pierced into terrified Aisha's ear.

Baanah laughed, her face a cloud of horror.

"I told you not to fuc* with me! " And she turned at Aadila. It was her turn.

Adnan was lying on Naairah's dead body.

I am really sorry if you find this disappointing. You know, life is loaded with ups and downs.
Re: Beneath My Heart by excelmerry: 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
SokoDobo:

I am really sorry if you find this disappointing. You know, life is loaded with ups and downs.
Ups and downs kwa? Me I no like this kind down oo angry
Re: Beneath My Heart by amodua: 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
am really pained. so so unfortunate. PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!!!!
Re: Beneath My Heart by Divineroyalty(f): 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2018
SokoDobo:

angry angry cry
Re: Beneath My Heart by nastynic(m): 11:22pm On Oct 16, 2018
SokoDobo:

I love The Twist
It's Fuuucking unpredictable!
You are a Genius Boss
A Living Artifact!
More cash to your account
Re: Beneath My Heart by honourable356(m): 11:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
The tactics of making the story unpredictable.... toying with the emotions of your audience with unthinkable devastation and undeniable accuracy... hehe.

Unquestionably the hallmark of an extraordinary writer..smh
I am quiet impressed.

I have reasons to believe that the couple would survive it especially Adran.

Thank you for the brilliant entertainment offered on a platter of gold.

I will stick with the story till the end.

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by salamdmjovi(m): 12:33am On Oct 17, 2018
s0k0d0b0 Ah bEG mAkE nAAirAh n0 diE cUz if shE diE Ah g0 diE t00
Re: Beneath My Heart by tijehi(f): 12:46am On Oct 17, 2018
SokoDobo:

.....and you just had to do this, knowing that I was waiting to buy this book.... I have nothing more to say to you.
Re: Beneath My Heart by Jecdope(m): 1:08am On Oct 17, 2018
this story is the best SokoDobo you are a legend
Re: Beneath My Heart by Odochime(m): 3:52am On Oct 17, 2018
Make I quietly exit this thread before my heart breaks any further.

Thank you Sokodobo for this great work of art, it is superb, one of a kind! I have never read anything like this.

But I dey hate make actor die for film.
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 6:37am On Oct 17, 2018
Sergeant Henry of NYPD came out of the car and redressed his police cap. He raised his shoulders, frowned and wore that expression he loved to see in his photographs.
He loved to come to crime scenes late, when the pressmen were there, and the place full, and he would come with a swaggering posture, acting like the long awaited messier.

He looked round and saw photographers, then smugly posed. He has a hand on his holster, caressing the butt of his pistol, his eyes travelling round to show how alert he was, then his expression was stern, that was to show how tough he was.
He was thirty one years old with brown hair and green eyes.

He was a head of a unit of Homicide Squad. He saw the photographers taking shots of him and he began to tag the pictures mentally : The arrival of the great officer Henry ; Here comes the genius officer; The problem solver is around; Homicides nightmare is around.
Some pressman made an attempt to speak with him but he wove at them to stop. He let the wave linger to give the photographers a chance to get the pose.
That would go to his instagram wall.

Detective Tim was there and this got Henry pieced. Tom was a forensic detective and Henry felt intimidated some times.

"Sarge,"Tim said, " a bizarre scene here we have got."

"Feed me." Henry said without stopping. Tim walked by his side as they crossed the police tape.

"Victim is Identified as Yu Chan ,a Chinese immigrant, age 29, occupation : Martial art instructor, has no crime record, single and has been in New York for six years. "

Henry would not admit even to himself how enigmatic Tim's memory was and how fast he gathered information.
Henry paused as he saw the corpse. The short man was lying in his pool of blood. His heart was ripped out.
Henry bent and studied the hole in his chest.

"it was ripped out with bare hand. " Tim said.

Damn!

" He must have died three hours ago."

Henry checked his wristwatch in a dramatic way, hoping the photographers got the shot. "That should be around 4:00am" he adidas if that was a calculating the assumed time was a discovery.

"We need to find out more about him, where he was coming from, where he was heading to, just anything about him. "Henry said. " Any eye witness? "

"No one has come forward to say anything. The people said they did not hear anything. "

"How could someone use a bare hand to do this? "Henry wondered. "Is it some kind of animal? "

" That came to my mind until we saw this...... "

It was the dead man's phone. He was probably sitting in his car, smoking a cigarette, while the car engine was on. The phone was recording his voice, he was singing when they heard someone say, " hey, where is Tania? "
The Chinese said he did not know who Tania was and a sweeping sound was heard. There was no much resistance from him.

"The killer must have been extraordinarily skillful to take a martial art instructor like that. "

A policeman ran up to Henry.

"Sarge, we have a report. Six family members found dead in Devery Street. Eye witnesses say they saw a man go into the house. They all have holes in their hearts and he wrote Tania with blood on the wall! "

Holy smokes!

"What the hell is going on?"Henry wondered aloud.

"Okay, get the prints, check for the slightest details and get back to the station. Detective Tim, I got you on this. I need Team B on with me, we have a scene in Devery"

As he walked back to his car, a journalist stopped him. He was meant to be on an emergency but he never missed the chance of an interview.
He quickly redressed his cap, placed his hand on the butt of his pistol, then posed.

"Well, we have a serial killer in the loose but trust me, we will get to root of this in a jiffy.
I need Americans to calm down, the New York Police Department, under my homicide Squad will apprehend the culprit and keep the citizens safe."

The journalist made to say a word when a hand grabbed him by the neck and squeezed to crush his bone.
It was done so fast Henry could not get out his gun before the man ran away.
Policemen began to fire shots at the man. The way he jumped over cars got them astonished.

Henry hoped the camera did not get the part he flinched and fell backwards.

Who was this strange man?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply)

Mask Hunter / Birthmark / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.