Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Married To A Fink - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Married To A Fink (51662 Views)

Married To An Atheist***Jessica Duru / A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) / Story Titled: Married To The Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 3:34am On Sep 08, 2018
izaray:
Tanks op

Thank you
Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 3:35am On Sep 08, 2018
Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 3:36am On Sep 08, 2018
Chumzypinky:
Good story

Thank you
Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 3:47am On Sep 08, 2018
Uthman Salis was a tall man with sturdy ,athletic body. He could be mistaken for a twenty five year old athlete but he was forty seven years old. A senior DSS Officer, he was known to be strict, tough and diligent.
He was sitting on a mat with his elder brother after lunch.

" I know you are going back today so I better not waste your time." Said Alhaji Ahmadu. " I told you what transpired between me and the visitors the other day."

Uthman nodded.

" I told them the truth. I never told you but I noticed the relationship between Ameer and Nana since they were kids. And Ameer would never stop talking about her. So, I started thinking about their relationship so I decided to get them married after Ameer graduates.
I told him not to bother about getting a job first. I will fix him up with two stalls before he gets a job.
What matters most is been able to fend for your family. I doubt if he would get a job that will fetch him more money than the business. I am getting older and travelling to China frequently is becoming worrisome for me. You know his elder brothers are not as responsible as him.
The first time I sent Ashiru, he used my money to import a car. So, I want to tell you that they would be getting married next year insha Allah, before he goes for worship."

" Worship?"
"Bautan kasa mana (NYSC)."
" Oh." Uthman said. Alhaji Ahmadu was not very educated, having been engaged in business all his life but he was relatively wealthy.
" What is it called?"
" Service."
" Yes. Thank you. So, that is what I want to tell you. You don't have to bother about her kayan daki ( furniture, utensils and gadgets) both of them are mine so I would handle it."

Kayan daki! Uthman had always wondered why they made it a tradition to buy furniture, electronics, utensils and almost everything needed in a home for a girl. That tradition made no sense to him. It was the man's responsibility to provide for the woman.
A man pays fifty thousand Naira for dowry and the girl's family is left to furnish the house. This has led to many parents getting indebted, or unnecessarily postponing the wedding date, or forcing some girls to go out of their way, swindle other men to acquire these things.
In a more local setting, the men find marriage so cheap they change wives like they change clothes. All he needed was to pay dowry and rent a fifty-thousand-Naira-room-and-parlour and he folds his hands.

She comes to the house with everything; bed, sofa, kitchen utensils, electronics, and even food. Why? And sometimes they came home to find the sofa missing, and when he asks where they were, she pouts and says she felt like changing them so she sold it, and gives him that look of it-belongs-to-me-after-all.
Unfortunately, the tradition had become like an obligation. When a girl was married off without such things, it caused gossips and condescending remarks.

" I appreciate all you have said Yaya (elder bro) and like you rightly said, they are both yours and both mine. I would be happy if they fall in love with each other and get married."

" Allah Ya ma albarka. (God bless you)"
" Ameen."
" I think she must be told so she won't make the mistake of sending someone else again. You know she is just a little girl and men would be making lots of advances now."
" Yes, sir but if you don't mind, I want to ask a question."
" I don't mind .Go on."
" Was her consent sought for?"

The question seemed to shock Alhaji Ahmadu.

" Why? This western education has eating your sense of judgement. Do we need to sought for her consent? Oh Ya Allah. Wannan wani irin zamani ne (what kind of generation is this)? Did Baba not tell you how he married Umma? His father just called him and told him he would be getting married the next Friday. And he said toh. When he asked who the girl was, he received a slap. Good upbringing is a thing of the past) . And Umma said she never met Baba until after the wedding.
Do you expect me to call Nana and start asking her if she agrees or not? Usumanu, I am old and may soon go. With this western education mentality of yours, how would you handle the family? Between you and I are six women but they are all women and only two are alive. Adhere to our tradition. They are getting married, shikenan (that's all)".

Uthman was silent.

" But you know they love each other. They are close."
" Yes, but closeness does not mean love. Not the brotherly love but the love of marriage. If she was in love with him, she could not have sent that boy. I sought her consent and she told me she was in love with the boy. She said she had never had any one before him. That means she has always looked upon Ameer as a brother not fiancé."
" She will learn later."
" She has been in a serious state of melancholy since that decision was taken. I am not questioning your judgement or saying this because it concerns Nana. It is a misconception to think this is because of western education. There is an hadith where a lady was married off without her consent and the Holy Prophet SAW pronounced the marriage invalid. Even though she later remained in the marriage, she wanted to prove a point.
If Nana or any girl is married off against her wish, it is tantamount to forceful marriage and it is Islamically unlawful. Religion supersedes tradition. Religion is used to check tradition. When a tradition does not conflict with religion, then it's okay but if it does, then the tradition should be kept aside."

Alhaji Ahadu could not believe his ears. Did Usumanu just say all these? He thought the western education was the only thing affecting him, but it seemed the Islamiya system was worse. How could one understand religion when he sat on a desk with table and learnt? They never used slate and have the chance of washing and drinking verses written with ink.
Why would they not gabble, when they don't go to farms to work for the mallams, not even the blessing of begging for food, to know the value of education? He was always against this Islamiya system and advocated for al-majiri system.

Not even his children would opt for it. They want to be reciting the Qur'an with their throats and tongues, twisting and rolling , calling it tajweed. He could recite the whole of Qur'an in a single day, with speed and fluency but they, they will say not less than three days.
This was the effect now. Usumanu has gone insane and decided to ridicule him.

"Usumanu, thank you for showing me that I have no authority over your children. You should not have sent them to me in the first place since my opinion is valueless. You have shown me that I am nothing before you. You can go with your daughter and I think everybody should keep to his lane. Hold on to your children and I will hold on to mine.
You have five children and I have thirty-six having lost six.....'

"Yaya...."

" Shut up and let me speak. Who is your Yaya? If you like come and arrest me, I won't be deterred. I will tell Ameeru to back-out and forget about your daughter. And please, when you want to give her out, never cometo my house, or ask me to her waliy. You can leave my house."

Ameer Ahmadu who was eavesdropping clenched bit his lips. No! He was not giving up on her. He was so much in love with her. Something had to be done. Who was this Ameer? What was he? His eyes turned red, and watery as he glared at the wall opposite him. The fight has just begun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 3:54am On Sep 08, 2018
SIX

Assalamu alaikum,” a young good looking man greeted with a friendly smile, extending his hand for a handshake.
“ Ameen wa alaikum salam.” Ameer answered wondering if he had ever met him. He doubted if he had.
They were on the ambulatory side of the road that led into the school premises.

“ I guess we have never met,” Said the man, “ you must be Ameer Adamu.”
“ I am.”
“ My name is Ameer Ahmadu.”
“ A namesake. My pleasure.”
“ Yes, Fateemah’s cousin and fiancé”
“Oh, I just got it.” Ameer was now astonished. “ She told me a lot about you.”
“ Yeah. We have been part of each other since we were kids…before the days you used to bully her.” He faked a laughter.
“ Back then when we were kids.”
“ I came all the way from Abuja to talk to you.” Ameer Ahmadu said.
“I thought you were based in Jigawa.”
“ Yes, but I am in my FINAL year in University of Abuja.”

Ameer did not miss the emphasis on the word final.

“ Congratulations! We just got into our third year.”
“ I know.”
“ So you said you wanted to talk to me. I can spare some time before going to the library.”
“ I am aware that you sent your people to my father during the break.”
“ Yep.”
“ And you were told that she had been betrothed.”
“ Can you please go straight to the point? I was on my way to library.”
“ I hear you still see her even when you were told she has been betrothed. That is wrong and I guess you are a Muslim.”
“ Did you discuss this with her?”
“ Not yet.”
“ Why did you not make your intention known to her all these years but chose to hide under the umbrella of cousin stuff? She took you as a brother. I never forced myself on her. We fell in love and I proposed. I went to her parents because I wanted it done before we graduate.
Her parents were not aware of your intentions so they sent us to your father. I could have stopped seeing her if …..she was in love with you….”

“ How do you know she is not in love with me?
“ Because we are very close and you know that yourself. I mean, why can’t you read between the lines? The last thing I will do is force myself on a girl who clearly loves me not and does not hide it. I still see her because we are still in love and I am not given up on her.
If you want me to stop seeing her, then make her fall in love with. I only need to see the signs and I am off.”
“ Do you think your gadfly tactics will stand the test of time? I know what you are doing. you have been poisoning her mind….”
“ Then poison her mind against me then treat the poison I put in. Only love can do that. It is not poison, it is the power of love.”
“ A’a it is Luther Vandross, dan Shegiya (son of a bastard).” He was now angry. “ I came to talk sense into your head but you seem to be more foolish than I guessed.”
“ Has it come down to insults and childishness?”
“ Call it whatever you want. I am warning you, stay away from her. I swear I can go to any length to stop you. If you think you will have her, then be rest assured that it will only be over my dead body or ……. “he gave a dangerous smile, “ her’s”
“ What? What did you just say?”
“ We better lose her both. If you love her, then stay away from her.”
“ Hey, what do you plan to do? Kill her?”
“ I just told you.”

Ameer Ahmadu tried to move but Ameer blocked him.

“ Where do you think you are going? You just threatened her life…”
“This is your school compound and don’t make a scene. It is your word against mine. This is our little secret. The call is yours. Leave her for me or….we both lose her.”
“You are a coward! You are a swine! If anything happens to her…..”
“ She is my cousin so I care more. I can’t let someone else marry Teemah. I can’t leave to witness that. I got eyes here.”
Ameer watched him walk away as he found himself sweating.

tbc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married To A Fink by excelmerry: 7:47am On Sep 08, 2018
What a pity.. Ameer Ahmadu is such a coward. What do u stand to gain by forcing someone into an unloved marriage? This is not love..this is just a case of soothing his wicked bruised ego..
Re: Married To A Fink by excelmerry: 7:47am On Sep 08, 2018
What a pity.. Ameer Ahmadu is such a coward. What do u stand to gain by forcing someone into an unloved marriage? This is not love..this is just a case of soothing his wicked bruised ego..
Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 11:53am On Sep 08, 2018
“ Why have you been avoiding me?” Fateemah asked with tear filled eyes. “ Three days and you keep popping up excuses. Three days of hell, My-noor. What wrong did I do to you?”

“ You have done nothing wrong, Teetee.”

“ I can’t understand.”

“ It’s just been …..”he paused. He could not come up with any excuse. He was confused, not knowing what to do.

“ Your cousin came here.” Amaar said leaning on the wall. “ Ameer…..” He then told her what happened.

She was speechless for some minutes.

“ Ameer said that?”

“ Except if we are lying .” Amaar said

“Why should you lie?” She said, “it’s just shocking. I must tell my dad at once.”

“He would deny. Tell your mum first. At least for the records. She would know what step to take next.” Amaar said.

“ Thank you.” She said and went out of the room angrily without another word.

Amaar winked at Ameer.
Ameer went after her.

“ Teetee.”

She kept walking fast, not turning back.

“ Teetee.”

“Please leave me alone.”

He caught up with her but she kept walking.

“Please listen to me…’

“ I have heard it all. What more do you have to say?”

“ I am sorry. He scared me. Did you see his eyes when he said it? He swore never to let us be. I could not let him hurt you.”

“So you decided to let me go, so I could marry him and be save, right?”

“ I don’t know. I was only thinking about your safety.”

“ What safety Ameer?”

“Ameer? Your-noor.”

“ Now I doubt that. You gave up on me! You let me go!”

“I did not. I was confused, scared and thinking of a way out.”

“ If Amaar had not told me, you could have been avoiding me, until you break up with me….what am I even talking about? You have already broken up with me.”

“ No! I did not break up with you and please, try to reason with me. Please Teetee.”

When she did not stop moving, Ameer caught her hand absentmindedly, she was forced to stop and she looked at him, then broke down into tears, not knowing when she ran into his hands. Her head on his chest as she cried bitterly.
Fifteen minutes later, they were sitting on bench in front of the room she shared with her friends.

“ Those three days were hell. Please never do that again.”

“If I did not do that, would you have put your head on my chest?”

She chuckled.

“The next one will be a slap.” She said.

“ I am very sorry.”

“ I know why you did it. I know you were trying to protect me. That should not get me angry. I was angry because you don’t know the magnitude of the love I have for you, or the value of our love. No threat can take me away from you. I will bear the risk of living with his threat but not living without you.
I will tell mum and it does not matter if he denies it but they must be aware. Now his dad sees us as enemies. He has been ranting, saying all sort of things, telling outsiders different things simply because dad told him the truth.
If his dad had given up, what then is his problem? He does not come to our house any more. He does not call me. I thought it was all over.”

“ I feel like I am the cause of a family rift.”

“ You are the cause of finding who they really are. In the case of his Baba Ahmadu, ignorance pays a major role. He is very archaic. Abba knows him well but as for Ameer, it is astonishing. Baba Ahmadu would not go to that length of threatening.”

“ After all this, do you think Abba would let me marry you?”

“ You don’t know that man. He is strong willed and dauntless.”

“You got that from him.’

“Who says?”

“You just showed that Ameer’s threat does not stop you.”

“ In life, one must not be pusillanimous but be pertinacious. We will all die one day. We just pray we leave with faith and luck.”

“Ameen. Insha Allah, we will be around for a while.”

“ Ameen.”

“ Teetee…”

“ My-noor”

“ I love you.”

She smiled and her eyes glittered.

“ I love you too.”

“ Jezebel.” Said the thick voice from the other end.
“ Things are just agglomerating to our advantage.” She said and laid her head on the headrest. “ It’s like we are directing a script we wrote.
Aren’t we lucky?”

“ What is going on?”

“Yahanas is in the loop. There is one who is a new character in the play and he will be of help.”

“ Can’t it be made faster?”

“No. We are playing both sides. It has to look natural. Has he started anything on the list?”

“ That has to be next year when the new team come on board.”

“ So, why the hurry? You are safe. It is Jezebel.”

“ When will you come over. Jos is cold.”

“I have only been here for one week.”

“Abuja is empty without you.”

“ I will be there soon. Home for daddy.”

“ Hmmmmm…can’t wait. Jezebel.”

She gave Ameer a last look as he said goodbye to Fateemah. He was cute. It was pity this was going to happen. She wished she could have him for just one weekend but…..this job of theirs.
She lit a cigarette and drove past him, and out of sight. Only if he knew who was in that car.

tbc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To A Fink by MrsEvakinqz(m): 2:49pm On Sep 08, 2018
SokoDobo:

Thank you
you welcome
Re: Married To A Fink by Chumzypinky(f): 11:15pm On Sep 08, 2018
kwantinue SokoDobo
Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 6:20am On Sep 09, 2018

Ameer was in his final year and he seemed ready for what lay ahead. One year ago, he had propounded an idea of getting a source of income apart from the fixed amount he made from his houses.
Then he thought of a pharmaceutical shop. Another reason for choosing this line was to help Fateemah gain more experience, so the plan was put to test.

He rented a big store, travelled to Kano and bought drugs in large quantity and they started both wholesale and retail. They hired two members of staff since both of them were still students and may not have the chance of always been around.
When they were free, they always went there and this gesture helped Fateemah to know more about drugs, and there was joy in trading in what she was studying. The fact that she and Ameer were doing this together brought profound joy to her.
It became their meeting point, where they had their lunch and sometimes dinner, and read. It was not surprising when they were awarded the best couple on campus. It was not the normal relationship involving sex and trips but a serious relationship with a purpose, principle and team work.

Ameer had made her a partner to give her sense of belonging, and provide her source of income, and they made it formal. When many girls began to turn the place to a charity home, just coming to demand for drugs because of their friendship, She developed a simple tactics.
When a girl demanded for drugs, she called the sales girl and gave her money and pay for the drug in presence of the friend. That was a message that it was not for free. It was not like they demanded for vitamin C, flu tablets and other less expensive drugs.
They went for expensive drugs, medicated soaps, sanitary pads. They only looked at the large quantity of stock they had without thinking that they did not get them for free and such acts destroy business.

But business was good. They made sure their prices were affordable and many chemist owners began to patronise them. With the permission of Uthman, Ameer had taken Fateemah to kano thrice to see how and where the drugs are bought.
His plan was to leave the business for her to run after he graduates and plan for something bigger. He also had the dream of her having a pharmaceutical company that produce drugs.

It made their relationship more cohesive, they sat down to plan, shared ideas and that feeling of sharing their lives together was vivid. It also showed that they were compatible. And this was a big step towards their marriage plans.
Fateemah had more years to stay been a pharmacy student and Ameer planned to stay with her until she graduated, then decide if to base in Jos or move out. Now having a source of income there made that more feasible.

Uthman was a man who never missed details and he sent a junior officer to Kaduna to investigate Ameer’s lifestyle and Habits. The result was positive and nothing bad was said about him. He also made them work on him and his daughter in school and was very glad when he discovered that even though they were very close, they never went into each other’s rooms.
He saw in Ameer a man who could take care of his daughter, and the idea of running a shop together mesmerized him. Ameer made her a partner with 20% ownership and since then, she had stopped demanding for money.

“ I am now a big girl, Abba,” she had playfully told her father, “ big girls don’t ask their parents for money. You are talking to a dealer.”

Her mum was more exhilarated. Her daughter was in safe hands, one who would build and support her. So, Ameer became a darling in the house. It was not surprising when Uthman asked him to send his people again.
Before then, Uthman had sent a group of learned men to beg his brother, seeking for forgiveness. He knew he did nothing wrong, but also knew his brother would never see it that way so he decided to claim to be wrong.

Alhaji Ahmadu said it was okay but he has asked Ameer Ahmadu to marry another girl and the wedding was just around the corner. Uthman feigned to regret his action, saying he wished Ameer Ahmadu had married Fateemah but who knew if he could take her as a second wife.
Uthman knew that was not possible. He knew how he had to handle Ameer Ahmadu who became a thorn in the flesh for one year. He became obsessed with Fateemah he began to threaten her and Ameer openly.

He stirred a lot of trouble before Uthman took a decisive action, arranging some of his men to arrest him and made him write an undertaken for threatening their lives. Uthman never told his brother this but kept records in case of need.

This time, the formal seeking for permission and introduction was done in Abuja and accepted by Uthman himself.
According to Ameer’s plan, they should be wedded in the next seven months. And Fateemah had not just been saving, and taking care of her educational needs, she had also been buying some Kitchen utensils and appliances.

The parents were very impressed. Uthman was not very rich, but he could afford all of those but the fact that his young daughter was already thinking of taking up responsibilities and independence made him proud.

On this fateful Sunday afternoon, while in their small office in the shop, a man appeared and demanded a to see Ameer. The shop comprised of a very large shop which was stashed with drugs, a store where they stored drugs, a toilet, and an office.
When the man was showed into the office, Ameer wondered who he was. The man was chubby with a balding head and stubble face. He wore a clean well-cut suit and brown eye wear.

“ I am Safiyan Abdullah.” He introduced himself as they shook hands, “ I am sorry to disturb you.”

“You don’t have to. I am Ameer Adam. Please sit down.”

“ I know who you are, Mr. Ameer.”

“ You can call me Ameer.”

“Thank you.”

“ You are welcome Mr Safiyan.”

“ You should call me Safiyan too.”

“ I don’t feel very comfortable calling older people directly by their names. Those mum’s teachings and etiquettes.”

“ That’s interesting. Thank you.”

Safiyan settled his bulk on the chair opposite Ameer.

“ I said I know who you are but you may not know who I am. I am a real estate agent and also have one or two things covered with roofs I call houses. I met you in Kaduna one time when you were renovating one of your houses…..after the death of your father. May his gentle soul rest in peace.”

“Ameen.”

“ I got into a business with a family, and I handle their estate. It is a big estate in Abuja and the pay is good. They have a lot of money and this estate is nothing to them. I came to realise that the estate was not registered in their name because the family head was a director with NNPC and many things went wrong under him.

He is not clean so he decided to hide some of his properties. This estate should worth twelve billion naira and the yearly turnover is two hundred and eighty million naira. That means he sleeps, wake, eat, drink and gets two hundred and eighty million per annum from the estate.”
Phew! Ameer thought the nine hundred thousand he earned per annum was jumbo until he heard this.

“ I have a partner, or a boss rather who chose to remain in the dark. I want you to join us and get a 30% cut.”

“ I don’t get what you are talking about.”

“ We want to establish a chemical company, and this needs a lot of capital. The nature and use of the chemical would be discussed later….if you are interested.”

“ Why come to me? I don’t have capital to invest if that is what you mean and I don’t intend to sell any of my houses. I used a whole year earning to establish this place last year and I am okay.”

Safiyan grinned.

“ Your houses put together would not worth more than sixty million naira. So, we are not talking about your houses. We want to raise six billion naira and none of us has it but the money is available. All we need is to take it.”

Ameer sat back and gave the man a searching glance.

“ It seems I have problem with understanding English on Sunday afternoons. You don’t have the money but the money is there…….”

“ We got two jobs for you and you earn two hundred million naira and a 30% partnership in the company.”

“ I am listening.”

“ The estate could fetch seven billion and if we set six billion aside for the company, we have one billion as …surplus. If you get two hundred million out of that, I get three and the rest goes to the boss.”

“ Still listening. You said the estate belongs to someone, then how come we are talking about using the money? Does he plan to sell it and give the money to you?”

“ No. You asked why we came to you. You are a final year chemical engineering student with a GP of 4.4…..’

“ Have you been stalking me?”

“When we have a big deal, we try to know more about who we are dealing with.”

“ Hmmm..”

“ We need your knowledge in the company but……we also need it now because…” he gave Ameer a steady look, “ we need you to wipe out the family.”

tbc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To A Fink by Sensitivity1254: 9:08am On Sep 09, 2018
This is becoming more interesting.
Re: Married To A Fink by MrsEvakinqz(m): 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2018
Sensitivity1254:
This is becoming more interesting.
I dey tell you..

1 Like

Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
" What was your response?" Uthman asked, his fingers slightly tapping his desk.

" I told him I was not interested." Ameer said. " It got me shocked so when I told Tee....Fateemah, she advised me to tell you at once."

Uthman smiled.

" You think I don't know you call her Teetee?"

Ameer bent his head in shame.

" What was his response?"

"He seemed to be expecting my reaction. He said he knew it would sound strange at first but I should think about it. He left a number and warned me never to divulge it. His word against mine."

There was a knock on the door and a lady brought in snacks and drinks.

" You can have lunch while I talk to my boss."

" Alhammdulillah."

" Don't do siriki (in-law) stuff with me. We are pals, aren't we?"

Again, Ameer smiled and looked down.

" Eat my boy. I need to lay this on him. I feel something is coming up."

" Yes,sir."

Uthman entered the director's office to find him drinking coffee.
He was chubby, short with a very thick neck which comfortably carried his massive head. His bulbous nose was endowed with large nostrils, and his thick dark lips was stiff. His large protuberant eyes was red and intimidating.
But he was known to be kind ,diligent and gregarious. His name was Hamisu Barau.
Uthman explained what was on ground and he thought carefully about it.

" We have to alert the police." Hamisu said, "and let them handle it."

" I think that is a good idea but we can't let this off our hands completely. I was hoping you could let us have a peep."

" Are you sure it is not a psychopath case?"

" We would have to find out whatever it is."

Hamisu was quiet for a while.

" Emeka Festus is in charge of Plateau State, right?"

"Yes, Sir."

" Well, I don't think we have much to start on but if you insist, I will give approval and talk to Emeka. He should assist with men over there."

" Yes,sir."

" But keep the Police in the loop."

"Yes, sir."

" Did you say the boy involved is your daughter's fiancé ?"

" Yes, sir."

" Has it crossed your mind that to go on with this ,he has to play humint? He hs to tag along for a while."

" Yes, sir."

" Are you willing to make him go through it?'

" I will talk to him but he is already in danger, sir. I will have to warn him on the way of reaching out to us. The only advantage we have is that we have a personal relationship with him. It is not strange for him to visit me but all the same, we need to be very careful. They may be watching him."

" The man said he has a boss, right?"

" Yes, but he is not willing to disclose the identity."

" We would fish that out. Get the papers ready and we start. I will get to Emeka."

" Yes ,sir. Thank you, sir."

By the time Uthman got back to his office, Ameer was done with lunch and they talked. Ameer was willing to go on.

" You will call him," Uthman said, "and tell him you need more than two hundred million. Tell them the least you will go for is three hundred million but the 30% is okay. I mean give them a reason to trust you."

"Yes, sir."

"This involves some level of risk, are you willing to go on?"

" Life is full of risk, sir. Nothing will happen to me except that which Allah has willed."

This is the right boy for my daughter. She needs a man and she got one.

" Tauheed." Uthman said, " Alhamdulillah. I will need time to couch you on how to use some devices, and we must establish a more cagey way of communication."

"Yes,sir."

Ameer went back to Jos the next day and three days later, he called Safiyan. Safiyan said he knew he would call back and the confidence seemed to annoy Ameer. There was a little drag before Safiyan agreed to Ameer's term.
Fateemah was not comfortable about the whole set-up but Ameer assured her that it would be alright. Safiyan and Ameer established the deal while he kept the DSS in the loop. But finding out who the identity of the boss was elusive.

Ameer was given the blueprint. The man was called Daniel Oghenekaro, a former NNPC boss who lived with his wife and three children. The plan was to kill all of them and the estate is automatically theirs.
Even though it was a charade, Ameer felt irritated discussing such a sinister. How could one be so heartless to kill a whole family members just for money?

Ameer was tasked to build a gas dispenser which would be fixed in the house with a timer. He would also make a virulent gas which absorbs oxygen and convert it to carbon monoxide, and also precipitate a very obnoxious compound that is inhaled to stop haemoglobin from being carried by the red blood cells.

This was a straight ticket to grave. The materials were provided and Ameer set to work. He made everything, knowing that the DSS were aware and would not let it happen.

The task was completed after two weeks but the mysterious boss was never seen until one afternoon. Safiyan and Ameer were at the final phase of the plan when the boss came in. She was a giant. Her size was intimidating; tall and chubby, with tiny bleary eyes that formed a thin line. Her long nose was pierced and a golden ring adorned it.

Her round face was attractive, with fully painted lips that waggled with gum. She wore a body clinging gown with broderie anglaise that showed all the curves and bumps in her body. This thirty four year old femme fatale was quintessence of evil, ladette and heartlessness.
Her real name was Binta Yahuza but as she looked at Ameer with a roguish smile, she said, " I am Jezebel. I am very pleased to meet you."
Ameer nodded at her, feeling a sudden dislike for her at once.

" Thank you."

She took a seat, rummaged through her bag and removed a stick of cigarette, using a golden lighter, she struck flame to it and inhaled.

" Safiyan has been telling me how ambidextrous you are so I felt you qualify to see me." She said after puffing out a cloud of smoke , " I always felt you were the right guy though."

She eyed him, a coquettish smile planted on her promiscuous face. He was a handsome guy and looked sturdy. Some of this slim guys could surprise a big lady and what was wrong in trying? His lips, his eyes, whao!

Safyan did not miss her looks and he felt a sudden rage erupting. He wanted her, to have a piece of the national cake, but she had not offered. She kept tutoring him with tantalizing display with her body, enslaving him like she always did.

" I must congratulate you for a job well-done. We will only wait for you to go on break. I guess that is a month from now. All paraphernalia is set. It has to be done during the break when all the kids will be around. But I think you and I could still meet in my hotel room to discuss more...."

"I have briefed him already. I think you should not bother about that." Safyan quickly interrupted.

" You only briefed him what you know." She said, "there are other things you don't know. But do not bother because it does not concern you. I will still need him in my hotel for further briefing."

4 Likes

Re: Married To A Fink by Chumzypinky(f): 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2018
The things good people go through
Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
SEVEN

" It is Jezebel." Uthman said with a cold voice.

Hamisu grimaced.

" Tell me more about this Jezebel."

" I discovered her when I was transferred to Ibadan. I was transferred in the year 2000. She was in her final year, medicine and surgery. She was an active member of SUG and NANS and behind some of the most virulent protests in the country.
She moved from school to school, rabble rousing in the name of aluta. She was suspected to be a Jezebel Queen. Her sobriquet, Jezebel, is a secret title: the head of a female cult .Politicians discovered her and she became a material.
She was very attractive so she also served as a mistress to randy politicians and did other things for them. She became very rich and built a hospital before she graduated. I made a file on her, but nepotism played in. There were strong forces within and outside the system protecting her. I gave up when I was transferred here, the headquarters in 2005.
I realized she was also in Abuja which was not astonishing. I know the new government will take up her case and a can of worms would be opened. Her cup is filled."

" How could a lady be this treacherous?" Hamisu wondered, his fat hands running over his face. " I think we should take her case up."

" There are hidden forces...."

"I know. We would take the bull by the horn. It is going to be a secret operation. Do you know where her file is?"

" Yes, I gave it a secret code and I guess they must have been searching for it.....it is coded."

" You must get it. I will assist but make sure this stays between me and you. And the current case file should be included. I hope you did not inform the police."

"You asked me to not to after a second thought."

" Good. I am afraid of traitors. I am delighted to work with you."

"Thank you, sir."

" I think you and your family should enjoy this..." He drew out his drawer and gave him a packet of beverage.

" Never seen this."

" It is very scarce. It is called Metabolic flusher. It is not only delicious but flushes out plenty foreign bodies and prevents cancer. It is brought in from Congo."

"Thank you, sir."

Immediately Uthman left the office, he went into his office, carried his briefcase and left. He was happy. At last, his chance to get Jezebel. Then he paused and frowned. There was something wrong! It just jumped into his head. He should have seen it.........he turned and went back into his office. He had to do it. He would leave no loop hole.
Meanwhile, unknown to him, Jezebel was making a call to someone in the office, she had to protect herself form the no-nonsense new government. It had to do with the file.

Hamisu just paved way for Uthman to get the file. The file!
Jezebel dropped the call and sighed. Ameer had long gone and she was left with Safiyan in his parsonage. She gave him a smile.

" I can see that you are jealous. You don't want that boy to have a feel of me."

" I never said so."

" You don't have to, Your eyes are so loud it can get me deaf. I know I should have given you something. It's just that it is very expensive. I want to give the boy because he is cute and young. But you are not cute and you can't afford me. Safiyanu da karambani.
Haven said that, you have been a humble and loyal servant. I think you deserve what you get today. "
She got on her feet, turned her back at him and shook her enormous fannies, they vibrated, and he felt his intestines crumbling.
His teeth chattered, eyes bulging and his face split into a wide green before he began to giggle like a buffoon. It was his day, the day he had dreamt of. Hmmmm, what was she doing? Was she actually raising her clothes up?

Kutuma!
He could not wait any longer.

" Are you ready for me?"She asked looking over her shoulder.

" Gallant! I am a horse."

"Then gallop."

The idiot began to gallop literary, laughing like a slowpoke. Like? He was a slowpoke! After five minutes of amusing her, and showing him the most sensitive parts of her body, he notices a thin hand gloves on her hands and he frowned but it was too late.

A Smith and Wesson was in her hand, silenced and she pointed it at him.

" You are getting what you deserve. It was cool while it lasted and I gave you a lot of cash. Those who work for me don't save . Enjoy your money while you can because you may expire at anytime. You have expired."
Before he could utter a word she had pulled the trigger.
Foop!
And a bullet was lodged into his chest.
Foop! Foop!!
Another into his stomach while the third went straight into his forehead. She was an expert shooter. He dropped dead at once. She saw his blank stare at her as he lay in his pool of blood.

She turned and pushed her buttocks towards his face.

" Can you feel it?" She shook it for seconds then giggled. " What a romantic death."

" Why Ameer? Why did you have to kill him?" She smiled evilly then dialled a number. " Are they ready?........good, come in and make sure your gloves are on."

She lit cigarette.

" The only finger prints we need here is that of Safiyan and the guy who killed him: Ameer." She soliloquized.

Five minutes later, a young rugged looking man came in, holding a digger and an envelope.

" Let me have it and go and start digging. Make it big, dan Allah."

She opened the envelope and saw newly printed photographs of Ameer and Safiyan coming into the personage. Very good.
She sat down and smoked pot while she sipped wine. At a point , she forgot that she just killed Safiyan and his body was lying there.
Such thing never resonated with her. An hour later, after seven wraps and ten sticks of cancer stick, two bottles of wine, the young man was dragged the body and threw it into the hole in the backyard. He cleaned the blood then threw all the trash along with the body.

" Hajiya angama (madam, it is done) ."

" Very good."

" Let me cover the hole."

" I will do that myself." She said.

"What?"

She pulled the trigger and shot him twice. He fell into the hole, wriggling in pains. She did not let him die before she began to cover the hole with sand. She was a strong lady. She buried him alive and covered the hole within twenty minutes.

She dialled a number when she was done.

" Witness is weakness." She said . " Grubby elements eliminated and obliterated. Into clean-up, into set-up, and the field is clear, the post is empty so it is a straight goal."

" Hmmm..." The thick voice from the other end.

" Jezebel. On my side, the goal is just around the corner. I just won a penalty shot."

" Don't miss it."

" You know I won't."

" What do we have today?'

" A marathon. I will be there."

" King Hasaa."

" Jezebel."

She ended the call and walked into her Mercedes Beast and drove off.

tbc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To A Fink by MrsEvakinqz(m): 10:41pm On Sep 10, 2018
Good one
Re: Married To A Fink by excelmerry: 7:55am On Sep 11, 2018
I hope Hamisu isn't working with jezebel.
Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2018
" Whoa!" Fateemah exclaimed. " It is beautiful!" she said walking round the ash coloured Peugeot 406 excitedly. " Mun yi mota(we have acquired a car) ."

Ameer smiled. He loved her smile, and the brightness in her eyes when she did and the fact that this pretty sweet girl would be his in a few months time got him flying.
Her mother came out, and saw the car, prayed and congratulated him. He just came from Kaduna, dropped his bag at his uncle's house and drove straight here.

Two weeks before then, one Alhaji Bala had gone to look for him, begging him to sell his four bedroom bungalow which was next to Alhaji Bala's house. He wanted it to extend his house. Ameer told him that it was not for sale. He was planning on renovating it, since the occupants just moved out, so he could rent it out.
Alhaji Bala was desperate so he asked Ameer to follow him. He took Ameer to the next street and showed him three blocks of two bedroom flats and said, " I will give this house to you then you sell that one for ten million naira. I really need it because it is the closest and I want an extension, please."

Please? He did not need to beg. This house he just showed him was worth at least thirty million and if that is added to the ten million, made it forty million and his house was worth just fifteen million.
Ameer said he would think about it but he knew he had already thought about it. He did not call Alhaji Bala until Alhaji Called him and said he would buy his for fifteen million. The deal was sealed that day.

Ameer bought two Peugeot 406, for himself and Amar. He went to Jos and bought a portable two bedroom flat which was part of wedding plans. He saved four million naira. That was for his wedding. Gave his mum and siblings substantial amount and now he was here to take Fateemah out.
He told her about the house in Jos, showed her the picture and she was overjoyed. So it was for real!
It was just a few minutes after 9:00AM . He left Kaduna immediately after Fajr (morning) prayers.

" So, where did you say we are going to this early morning?" she asked.

" Just go in, get dressed and let's go. I have talked to mum already."

" A'an. I have not taken my bath yet."

" You mean you have to take your bath first?"

" Will I go out without taking my bath?"

" The bath, like woman bath?'

She chuckled.

"Which one is woman bath kuma?'

" Rub something on the face which must stick for thirty minutes first before washing, then another one hour in the bathroom, then one hour to decide which clothe to wear, then fifty minutes for make-up, then ......" she laughed.

" Just give me a few minutes and I am done. I attended Air Force Military School Jos fa."

" Su Teetee sojiya."

They laughed.

" Come in and wait."

" I will wait outside."

"You know mum would talk. I got a movie you would like."Forty minutes later when she came out of her room, he saw an epitome of glamour. There was something different about her that day, something he could not identify but her radiance, beauty and attractiveness challenged his phallocentrism.

" Teetee." He called softly, fixing my eye on her.

" Na'am.'

" You are beautiful." He said with a serious expression.

" Thank you." She blushed.

" Your beauty goes beyond glitter of your glossy hair, infectious smile, ravishing face, honey sweet voice, or slim wonderful structure.....it goes deeper into your system, your pellucid and pure heart, your supportive nature, your benevolence, religious ethics, understanding, loving and maturity. I wonder if there is a girl like you out there. There might be , but I know none like you.
I wonder if I deserve you, or what I have done to get blessed with a queen like you. Whatever it is, gratitude to the most High. I know the value of the gift Allah has given to me but it cannot be quantified. I will hold on to you, your love my queen.
I have never been close to any girl like you, and now we are on our way to been closer, and become the closest companions. I just want you to know that I love you with every breath I take, every move I make, every heartbeat I make ......goes along with my undying love for you."

She stood still for a while, blushing then a thin stream of tears cascaded down her cheeks.

" Subahanallah! What is wrong, Teetee?"

" I will deal with you for attempting to ruin my make up with your soul touching words that just sent me off this planet. I wish you know how my friends envy me, how my course mates respect me, just because I am fortunate to have a darling like you. A man who is true to his words, and knows how to love a woman, and make her feel on top of the world.

You say I am a queen. Who made me one? You put that crown on my head with your love, care my king. You have not just a fiancé .You have been a friend, mentor, elder brother, business partner and everything sweet. The pleasure is mine, the luck is mine but hope you know that I am captured by your heart and want to remain captured because nothing feels better than been there.
I get all the peace I want in your heart, the warmth, love, affection and materialised dreams. My-noor, I love you."
Her mum felt tears in her eyes, even though a part of her felt ashamed to be eavesdropping. This relationship was beyond her dream for her daughter. She was sure, very sure, that Ameer was a answered prayer.
She had always prayed for her to meet what the youths called prince charming, or Mr Right as they called it in their days. Oh, and how many girls missed a lot of chances waiting for that Mr right?

" Let us go and get blessings from our mum." Ameer said, "and remember, she knows where we are going so don't start the issue of we are staying out late."

She pouted.

" Are you not scared of me? Have you forgotten?"

" How could I forget the day you were shaking and was saying you did not want to hurt me."

They burst into laughter.

"I thought you have forgotten. You never mentioned it all these years."She said, " I was so scared that day. And you were coming at me like a movie villain, and I shivered but I felt saying that to get you intimidated. I was like, I don't want to hurt you, yet I was quivering."

" And the funniest part was when you made sure you had gone far, turned then said you would crush me, waggled your tongue and gave me an uwarka then ran away."

Her mum chuckled but made sure it was in a low tone.

" Do you know the worst thing you did to me then?"

"A'a."

" Saying you will marry me. God!"

He laughed.

" I cried for days and mum kept teasing me. How could a boy or man say he wants to marry me!"

" And here we are.."

" You and who?"

" Me and you."

" Inaaa! We are just business partners."

" Before the business?"

" Hmmm...school mates?"

" Before the school?"

" Tom and Jerry."

They laughed.

" Let's go, I want us to get back before Maghrib." He said.

" Maghrib? Is that not too far? You want Mum to roast before frying me alive."

"Trust me , she knows. We got just today to do it. "

" Do what?"

"Let us go bid goodbye, Teetee."

Mrs Bamanga quickly ran into her room then feigned to be reading a novel. They bid her goodbye and left the house.
Fateemah took the passenger's seat while Ameer went under the wheel, slot in the key key into the ignition and started the car engine. The engine was good.

They were now on the highway.
Fateemah glanced at him the smiled.

" I saw that."He said.

"Saw what?"

" The smile. Do you like to share?"

" No."

"Please."

"I said no."

" Please badan halina ba (plaese not for my habit) ."

She giggled and turned her face away.

" I was just imagining things....funny and ....manta kawai (just forget about it) ."

" Haba Teetee. I implore with gusto."

" Okay, I was kind of imagining we are married already and going out. Your claret coloured kaftan and cap give you that ango touch and .....just crazy things going on in my head.'

" Did you say crazy? This is the best imagination in the world, Teetee. And who says I don't feel the same? I have been daydreaming, and I can picture us in our portable home in Jos, going to school, going to the pharmacy, then home.......just been with you."

" Everything is just happening so fast, so good and surreal."

" Alhamdulillah." Then he remembered Jezebel. He had two days to the arranged murder. He hoped the DSS would sweep in on time. He wanted that woman apprehended and put away for life. Imagine her asking him to spend the night with her, reeking of cigarette and weed.
He had bluntly told her he was not interested and he had a fiancée. It was not his game. All she did was smile and said, "time shall tell."

Fateemah was flabbergasted when they pulled up at the parking lot of Woods. It was a popular furniture show room in Abuja known for expensive and exclusive furniture.

" What are we doing here?" she asked, her eyes wide opened.

" Home making. I saw an Italian leather sofa in their catalogue and I was thrilled."

" But you know we can't afford that. Abba is not that rich and all we anticipate is the roadside carpenter-made."

" Who said Abba has to pay for them?"

" If you are thinking of buying Kayan daki for me, forget it. I won't accept it."

" We discussed it with mum."

" Mum will never agree to this ."

" Mum would always listen to explanation before judgement."

"What explanation My-noor?"

" You are buying them."

she laughed.

" I have just one hundred and two thousand naira in my account."

" My wife is a big girl. How many students have earned such an amount?"

" Hmm..Su Ameer masu wife. But seriously we can't go in. Ha'an!"

" Would you listen to me?"

" I would and I am."

" Good. I am selling my share of Amfat Pharmacy but do the honour of not changing the name. I want my name merged with your just like our lives."

" What are you talking about? The business is propitious, how can you sell it?"" I want you to run it before you build a company one day insha Allah. I have other plans and I am about to graduate. I am selling it for three hundred thousand naira."

"You can't be serious! That place is worth about three million."

" That is my decision. Besides I am selling to my wife so what? It is to my benefit. And now, We are going to spend one million naira for your kayan daki, which will be paid back to me in instalments from the shop.
That means, I would be given fifty thousand naira every month for twenty months but the three hundred thousand is to be paid in cash. I guess you have money in the business account to do that. We would sign a contract form. This is business so ba wasa (no jokes)." He smiled, " congratulations, CEO."

Who was this guy? What was he? How could he be so nice and giving? All these was a circuitous way of making her acquire these things without making it look like a gift. Smart bloke!
This was happening at a time when Abba was facing financial problems. Two of her siblings were also in school but thank God for what she had been making from the pharmacy. She even used to send money to them.

" My-noor, may Allah reward you abundantly. This is just a way of helping us and still making it look business."

"It is business, Teetee. We are going to sign a contract form."

" Business indeed but....I will like to employ you. You can't just abandon the place."

" Then the first thing we shall discuss is salary. Maganan kudi, ba wasa(there is no play when it comes to the issue of money) ."

They went in and shopping began. They bought sofa, dining table and chairs, and bed. The next place they went was an electronic shop where they bought refrigerator, deep freezer, washing machine and kitchen appliances.
The money was not enough to buy all they needed but the major things had been gotten. Fateemah was so happy.

They had gone for lunch and had a delicious meal before the shopping continued. While Fateemah was purchasing a toaster, Ameer excused himself to get bottled water. It was then he saw a man carrying some packets of beverage in a basket, hawking. Then Ameer saw one which attracted his attention.

Was it not the Metabolic flusher Fateemah had been talking about? She said they used it once and everybody loved it but since then, they could not find it. Even her father's boss, who had given it to them could not find it again.

Ameer called the man and the man began to advertise his products. But Ameer pointed at the Flusher and the man said it was not for sale. Ameer asked why, and the man said, it has been paid for and only one was available and he was taking it to a customer. It was been brought from Congo and becoming very scarce. Ameer asked how much it cost. The man said three thousand naira. Ameer offered six thousand for the available one. After a little hesitation, he sold it.

They got home a few minutes to Maghrib after a hectic day of shopping. They had to hire some boys to help offload the goods. Then Ameer went for prayers.

Mrs Bamanga was overwhelmed as she saw the items they bought. She could not believe she was on her way to becoming a grandmother. She had prepared an empty room at the boys quarters where the things were carefully arranged.
They had dinner after Isha and Ameer been so tired, decided to go. He said goodnight to Mrs Bamanga and Fateemah decided to see him off.

" You are tired Teetee."

" You should be more tired. You just drove from KD and came here at once."

" Aura wasane (is marriage a joke) ?" He giggled.

" Everything is just happening like a dream."

" I have been waiting for this day. Has Abba told you?"

"What?"

" They are coming next wek insha Allah.'

" Who?"

" My people. Coming to pay dowry and the date would be fixed."

" Ya Salam! Nobody told me."

" Abba kenan. I guessed Mum does not know."

" If she knew, she would have told me. He may not talk until two days to the day and we would start rushing the preparation."

" My dad used to be like that. Hajiya used to call him last minute."

" Savage,"she chuckled, " Allah jikanshi (may his soul rest in peace) ."

" Ameen."

" I pray we all leave with kalimatu shahada."

" Ameen."

They were both leaning on the car.

" Subahanallah! I nearly forgot."

" What?"

" Surprise."

He went into the car, and brought out something and hid it behind him.

" Guess what?'

" Ice-cream.'

" Nay."

" Kilishi.'

" Nay."

" I give up.'

"Tada!"

"Oh my God! Metabolic Flusher! How did you get it?"

He told her.

" Dad would jump like a baby. It did a lot of good to him. Everyone. Won't you wait and have some?'

" Kai! I can't wait wallahi. I collected the guy's number. He promised that when next he gets it, he would call me."

" This single packet can last a week. You will take out of this. It performs magic."

" Tomorrow then."

She looked at him, then smiled.

" Thank you for coming into my life."

" Thank you for accepting me into your life."

" I love you, Mallam Ameer Adam."

Ameer laughed. She had never called him like that.

" I love you more than you can imagine. Just take care of yourself for me."

" Insha Allah."

He fought the urge to hold her hands, kiss her lips and cheeks. Relax dan Hajiya. It's just a few months away.

" Good night, Teetee."

" Good night My-noor."

They smiled at each other before he started the car and drove away. He needed a sound sleep.He arrived home a few minutes to 9:00PM, then went straight to his room which was a guest room actually.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
He took a hot shower and wore his pyjamas and performed two raka'ats before jumping on the bed. He then fell into a light sleep.
But the sudden buzz of his phone woke him up and he picked the phone abruptly. He picked but heard nothing.

" Hello, hello...." The line went dead before a text message came in. He opened it and read it.

"Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un!! (From God wecome, and to Him we will return)"

He sprang out of the bed, jittery, confused, put the phone in his pocket, carried the car keys, a wad of cash then ran out.
The gatekeeper was astonished on his strange behaviour. Ameer drove out of the compound with alacrity and sent the car whipping. It was a few minutes to 11:30 PM.

He arrived within thirty minutes and rushed into the house and he cringed.
Uthman Bamanga was lying on the sofa and from all indication, he was dead. He sent the text message before he died and it seemed he could not complete it. It read: the beverage you sent to us just killed us but it is not your.....

"Innalillahi wa inna ilahi raji'un."

On the other side was Jibril and Abubakr, Fateemah's younger brothers lying dead. They looked like they were sleeping but he knew they were gone.
Then Mrs Bamanga lay dead on the corridor, with her hands on her tommy. Ameer dialled his uncle's number and told him to get medics, whatever he could do.
Ameer was quivering, not knowing if this was real or a nightmare because he was still in his pyjamasWhere was Fateemah? He ran into her bedroom and saw her on the floor, a cup of the poisonous beverage close to her. She was struggling to breath, and it seemed she was the last to drink out of it.

" What have I done? What ....."
He bent over her and carried her in his arms. Tears disgorging from his eyes. She shook her head and whispered, " not- not- your fault.....they used you.."

"Who, why, what? Okay, just keep hush, we would go to hospital, the medics are coming, ..."he was confused then saw her strength diminishing.
He started the kalimatu shahada (recitation for a dying person). One part of him got angry, why was he reciting the kalima? Did he wish her dead? Another part, a more reasonable part told him it was the right thing to do.

" Please stay by me, Teetee, Please don't leave me. Dan Allah, Ya Allah save her for me."

He was confused. He could not wait for medics. He would carry her to hospital.

" It's ...too- late," she whispered, making an effort to look at him, " we-are destined- not to get married to each other.....please live on....pray for us..."and when she tried to force a smile, he broke down into tears, crying like a baby.
He could not believe Teetee was dying in his arms, the arms he had hoped will keep her warm. The girl they spent the whole day together, preparing for wedding. No! Was that the strange feeling he could not identify? And the brighter look she had that day? He felt as if his hold could stop the life sniffing out. He grabbed her and held her tighter, still chanting the kalima and she was muttering it.

" You - know I....am ..a muslim and ....Islam means ...peace. " she managed to say, forcing a smile, with the hope of pacifying him, she saw how broken he was, this was her destiny and he had to live on. " Laila a ilallah...." And she took her last breath.

The tears in his eyes stopped, he stopped crying, then looked at her serene, pretty face, like she was just having a nap.
Was she really gone?

" Teetee.."he whispered, " Teetee...Can you hear me? I am still here, and I will always be here with you."

Her hands sagged and he saw that she was actually gone.
He could not cry now. He could not think straight. He felt something blurring his sight, then a buzzing sound in his head. He just knelt down, refusing to let her body go, holding her tight while he heard himself muttering Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un.

" Okay boy, " A policeman said, " Your game is over."

A full truck of policemen had arrived. He was not aware that one of them had removed his phone and checked.

" The message was sent to him.' He said to the one who held Uthman's phone. " He did it."

Ameer was handcuffed, but he did not protest or argue. All he had on his mind was Fateemah's image, the times they spent together, their words, plans and from that day, to the time, to the moment he was telling Barrister Maryam this, he could literary count how many times he had spoken.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To A Fink by Sensitivity1254: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2018
Here I was thinking that Jezebel want to implicate Ameer in the death of Saif.

1 Like

Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
" When we told him he was going to wipe out a whole family, he thought he was smart and would not do such a thing." Jezebel said as she lit a cigarette in a guest house. " How could he have guessed it was not about any estate but about his in-laws? Jezebel rules."

" I trust you Queen Jezebel." Said a man clad only in pants, lying on a king-sized bed.

She was wearing a skinny jeans which as usual showed her body parts.

" Did you hear of the accident today?"

" No."

" A man hawking beverages was hit and killed."

The man chuckled.

"The man you used to sell the poison? I wonder how you do this things so quickly."

" King Hamaas, dirt could lead to disease. Always clean up."

" So, all witnesses are gone."

" Yes."

" Please come and join me....remove those clothes."

" Did you get it?'

" What did you expect? Why do you think I am in the mood for celebration?"

Her drug induced protuberant eyes widened in excitement.

" Where is it?"

He showed it to her. She flipped through the pages then heaved a sigh.

" After a thousand years, I finally got it." She said blissfully.

" But the boy saw you, he knows you, have you thought about that?"

" Yes. He will never see me again. He is going to be sentenced to death."

" How sure are you about that?"

" I was with Justice Kasimu for two days. I made sure he would not have the liberty of life sentence. He is going to be condemned."

The big man felt his bile rising.

" Two days." He said bitterly. " Jezebel, why not get married to me? I don't want to share you with any man. "

She grinned, turned her back on him and shook her enormous buttocks.

" You want all these to yourself?"

" More than that, Queen. I want all of you."

" What about your wife and children?"

" The decision is yours. All I want is to get married to you."

" Awwnn, you are such a darling."she began to pull off her clothes coquettishly until she was left in underwear. The big man was now phallus, eager, hungry, and overwhelmed.

She began to give him a slow dance, with imaginary rhythm, showing him her back, front, side and everything to arouse him.

" Tonight is the night for celebration." She said, " we have been on this for three years. Uthman was indeed a stubborn man. He escaped all our plans until this well idea popped into my head."

" You got brains Jezebel."

" Now we got it and all witnesses are gone. I think I need wine."

" Can't we have a quick** before the drink?"

" It won't take long." She said and put her hand in her bag. " Have you thought of something?'

" What?"

" Something could be traced to you." She removed a pistol and pointed it at him.

" Jezebel...."

" You got a hand in the recovery of the file. And when you are gotten, I am.""Please stop the joke. I can handle it, I was very meticulous...."

"You had me for three years, we made some dirty deals together, I gave you a lot of information and we made money....you have expired."
She pulled the trigger twice and lodged two bullets into his chest. He fell on his back, bleeding, wriggling as life slowly drifted out of him.
Making sure he was dead, she went to him, turned her back and rubbed his face with her buttocks .

" Farewell Hamisu Barau. It was nice when it lasted."

She hurriedly dressed up, and went to the window, then called the gatekeeper. The middle aged man came and she asked him to come into the room. Immediately he entered, she shot him twice. He dropped dead without having the chance to wonder why he was killed.

She looked at the position. Good. She took the shot from the angle Hamisu's body was lying. She looked again, the position were okay.
She then put the gun she used in killing Hamisu and put it in the gatekeeper's hand, making sure he had his finger prints on it.
The next thing she did was to put the gun she used in killing the gate keeper in Hamisu's hand. Very good. Then she sent some messages into the gatekeeper's phone.

WE ARE COMING. KILL HIM BEFORE WE COME AND MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MONEY.

The police would not know the exact time the shootings took place. She removed the SIM card she used to send the fictitious message and broke it, and flushed it in the restroom. She now got some wad of cash, golden wristwatch belonging to Hamisu and put in the guard's pocket. Very good.
She carried her bag and walked out majestically. As she opened the gate and went out, walking towards where she parked her car, she wondered how the headlines would be.

DSS DIRECTOR FOUND DEAD IN HIS GUEST HOUSE;
GATEKEEPER AND DSS DIRECTOR DIE AFTER A FIRE EXCHANGE;
DSS DIRECTOR ROBBED AND KILLED BY GUARD;
DSS DIRECTOR, HAMISU BARAU DIES

She wished she could choose one for them. She could have been a good journalist.
She chuckled at the thought. She put the file on the passenger's seat. She was going to burn it and that was the end of her travail. That file would have taken a lot of people down. It stunk. Uthman was a pain, a gadfly who deserved to die ten times but what? Jezebel always won. She lit a cigarette and put on the car CD player as Tupac's Machiavelli The Don began to blare. She began to rap along Shakur. A nice day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To A Fink by nastynic(m): 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2018
Damn! Damn! Bruh...

You deserve an accolade
Oluwa bless your hussle

1 Like

Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2018
nastynic:
Damn! Damn! Bruh...

You deserve an accolade
Oluwa bless your hussle

Amen. Thank you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Married To A Fink by ang4156(f): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
This story reminds me of another story in this section regarding a spouse from hell--this one is better. The story would be easier to follow if there was less use of flowery language. Write on, I am following to the end.

2 Likes

Re: Married To A Fink by Chumzypinky(f): 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
wow!! nice one

1 Like

Re: Married To A Fink by niffyluv(f): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2018
well done Op...I love this story too much

1 Like

Re: Married To A Fink by gennysq(f): 7:06am On Sep 12, 2018
Whaow..... Dis beats any Nollywood action movie... Great story!!! Dis Jezebel's mind is just twisted... chai

1 Like

Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 9:04am On Sep 12, 2018
EIGHT

" I was taken away," Ameer continued, " and tortured, asking me to confess, name my accomplices, who I worked for. Nothing I said made sense to them. But the psychological torture was more pernicious. I could not get Teetee out of my head, her image, memories kept taunting me. The fact that I gave them what killed them made it worse.
I was shattered beyond description. I found it hard to ingest anything or talk. Too many things go on in my head and this feelings have not changed. I have not spoken more than twenty words at once since 2006.

I was charged to court and the travails of my family continued. The case was expensive, hiring a SAN, prolonging the case which lasted for two years. I was only sentenced last month. Our dad died years ago and all we had was properties which generated income for our upkeep.
Rents were paid yearly and it was not enough to pay the senior advocates so they started selling my assets. The houses went one after the other. I told them to sell the pharmacy and give the money to Teetee's relatives because I had forfeited the money she owed me.

I did not wait for fiqh (theory or philosophy of Islamic law) to know if I was responsible for their deaths or not. Six souls. I fasted sixty for each in prison. One year none stop fasting. When my properties finished, Amaar started selling his until we were left with zilch. My family members were desperate so they kept spending money with the hope that I will be exonerated but the evidence against me was convincing. It was a perfect set-up. While the DSS asked me to tag along with the murder plan, the criminals kept recording our meeting. It was later I realised that the name they kept mentioning was UM which meant Uthman Bamanga.

I also realised that they mentioned an address which was Mallam Uthman's but I did not take note believing the deal would not even happen. The DSS denied having knowledge of the set-up but I remember vividly Mallam Uthman informed his boss.
The boss did not keep official record. He could not testify because he was found dead. Last month, I got tired of the whole thing so I pleaded guilty. I was going to be found guilty anyway but the suffering had to stop.

That is my story, Barrister. You can see why I don't want you to waste your time. I have accepted my faith. Allah is my witness and that is most important."

Maryam had been trying to hide her face, the tears that had been coming from her eyes. It was hard, she was trying to be more professional but the human side of her got hold of her. This was a victim of circumstances in front of her. A condemned young man, who's dream were shattered, with a twin brother who sheared a strong bond, a mum who was a widow, and lost everything.

But there was something else she found out but felt it was not the right time to talk about it. She could still see the pain, vacuum, and space in his eyes. She would not give up on him. It was a difficult case, more especially for an inexperienced lawyer like her, who probably may have to face senior advocates.

But she just could not let this young man die without a fight, not after knowing the truth and confirming it. She knew some things he did not know. She was in Ibadan and something popped up.

" Allah is your witness and He knows the truth but that is not reason enough to let history have you as a murderer and cultist. The Prophet SAW knew Allah was always a witness but when he was in ittiqaf and one of his wives visited him, a companion saw them and turned away. The holy one knew Allah was a witness but he called the companion and told him it was his wife.

When a man is given a wife and dowry is paid, Allah is witness but the Prophet said it should be solemnised in the presence of witnesses. Allah is your witness but we still have to fight for your innocence, and your life. You have a family and Fateemah would not wish this for you. You need to live to pray for her.

I don't think there is anyone left who would remember her like you do. I know you pray for her but do it for longer time and that means living. I am going to fight for you. I beg of you to give me the chance. I need your maximum cooperation. I am happy you opened up to me. After two visits of not uttering a single word, thus this is a big thing for me. Thank you."

"Are you thanking me for helping me?"

" When somebody lets you help him, he has done you a favour because with ikhlas, you get rewarded."

He stared at her for a split second. That was the first time he looked into her eyes. He was always facing the wall or the floor when he talked. And the eyes jolted her. There was something about those sapphire eyes, that must have had life before. It was now empty but full of unspoken words.

" Thank you." He said .

" You are welcome. The pleasure is mine."

Ten minutes later, as she entered her car, she knew she was going into more investigation and scrutiny. She was not giving up on him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married To A Fink by Chumzypinky(f): 10:07am On Sep 12, 2018
All these made Ameer more reserved after so many yearssssss
Re: Married To A Fink by tijehi(f): 11:11am On Sep 12, 2018
Soko,

Please, what other stories have you written on nairaland? Make I jejely look for them begin read.

You are a fantastic writer.
Re: Married To A Fink by rayvelez(m): 11:56am On Sep 12, 2018
tijehi:
Soko,

Please, what other stories have you written on nairaland? Make I jejely look for them begin read.

You are a fantastic writer.

Look for Beneath the hearth and The root of a cynosure, I swear u will enjoy it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Secrets And Scandals / Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend / The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 251
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.