Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,088 members, 7,953,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:01 PM

Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet (31493 Views)

Passenger Dies Inside Bus In Kwara / Female Doctor Dies Inside Elevator Two Weeks To Finish Her Horsemanship Program / Prospective UBTH Consultant Slumps And Dies Inside Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by crafteck(m): 8:25am On Aug 28, 2018
DuBLINGreenb:

What is premature death?
Death can happen anytime nobody promised you long live.
Most of these mysterious deaths are not even preventable in our society due to poor health care, and poor access to health facilities.
And village people shooting arrow any how.
My brother anytime the thing come take it like that as your own appointed time everybody must not pass 75

Love the village people shooting arrows any how part
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by crafteck(m): 8:27am On Aug 28, 2018
kaluxy007:

No just that emigration has increased greatly ever since we elected a lifeless individual... More people now stare at death eyeball to eyeball

Emigration has always being on the high cos we have a lot of people who assume once they touch down London, they've made it

SHOULD WE TELL THEM
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by maigemuu: 8:32am On Aug 28, 2018
HeWrites:
An applicant seeking Nigerian international passport has died in Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) Passport office, Ikoyi, Lagos.

The applicant was said to have arrived the passport office at about 7.am in company of his wife and they were asked to wait till 9.am when they would be attended to.

It was gathered that at about I0.am, the man became restless and started complaining of severe heat and discomfort. He, however, requested to use the rest room.

However, trouble started when he didn’t come out of the toilet after about half an hour and his his wife became very worried.

It was learned that after about 40 minutes, attendant from the agency knocked several times and he did not respond. ”We tried to open the door, but it was locked from the inside,” the attendant said.

An official who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said: “We don’t know what was wrong with him, he came with his wife, he was so uncomfortable with him self and a bit aggressive, complaining that he should be attended to as he and his wife arrived the passport office before other applicants.

”Later he went into the convenience to ease himself. Later an attendant knocked severally on the door but no response. We couldn’t force the door open, because our superiors warned that we should not break the door until the police arrived the scene.”

It was learned that when the police arrived and forced the door to the toilet opened, an official of the passport office said they found the deceased on the floor.

An eye witness, who identified herself simply as Jenny, said he died before the police arrived and forced the door open.
”Who knows, maybe he would have survived if he was rushed to the hospital immediately before the police arrived,” she said.

Confirming the incident, the Passport Controller in charge of Ikoyi Passport office, (PCO) Mani Yari, said: ” Yes, it is the true, an applicant died in our toilet. He came to our office with his wife. There was no queue, as he did not come to collect Passport. We attend to applicants from 9am. Along the line, the deceased said he wanted to ease himself .

It was after about 40 minutes that the wife started raising the alarm that her husband had not returned from the toilet. We thought it was the normal panic from a woman. But when we arrived the scene and he did not open the door, we called the police who came and forced the door open and we saw the lifeless body. The body has been deposited at the mortuary for autopsy.

https://www.torimill.co/news/9600/applicant-dies-inside-ikoyi-passport-office-toilet.html

So the man suddenly became LIFELESS!....what a country!
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Nukilia: 8:34am On Aug 28, 2018
Pataricatering:
you have absolutely no sense of decency ! Using someone’s death as an example because of your dislikes ke of this government! So daft and insensitive!

Sincere apologies
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Nukilia: 8:34am On Aug 28, 2018
tenmariner:

Everything is not about Buhari, election, APC and PDP..

Sincere apologies

1 Like

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Nukilia: 8:35am On Aug 28, 2018
post=70673130:

See mentality.
So people started travelling out when Your President got there?!
Everythingis not about Your President.
Start living with him being your President till 2023.
The earlier, the better for you.

Sincere apologies
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by OmoOshodi(m): 8:39am On Aug 28, 2018
*...his lifeless body was found by the police...*

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by dmola(m): 8:39am On Aug 28, 2018
yinkeys:
Passport offices in Lagos can be really frustrating.
I remember getting there by 6am and leaving by 5pm
The stress in Nigeria ehn

I was at the scene yesterday... it wasn't funny at ..the crowd at collection centre was too much

1 Like

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by calculator123(m): 8:49am On Aug 28, 2018
dingbang:
”Later he went into the convenience to ease himself. Later an attendant knocked severally on the door but no response. We couldn’t force the door open, because our superiors warned that we should not break the door until the police arrived the scene.”

Clap for the superiors and our Nigeria police.

they don't want to be accused of a crime they didn't commit..
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by melaninpop: 9:08am On Aug 28, 2018
dingbang:

Clap for the superiors and our Nigeria police.

No be small thing o. It's terrible embarassed
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 28, 2018
kaluxy007:

Do I expect Zombies with damaged cerebral lobes to understand. More people have died due to avoidable and unfortunate reasons..if I get the chance I would leave your Godforsaken country lest I'm counted among those killed by SARS or Fulani government forces
You still made no sense grin.
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by obentenyson(m): 9:16am On Aug 28, 2018
DuBLINGreenb:

What is premature death?
Death can happen anytime nobody promised you long live.
Most of these mysterious deaths are not even preventable in our society due to poor health care, and poor access to health facilities.
And village people shooting arrow any how.
My brother anytime the thing come take it like that as your own appointed time everybody must not pass 75

No mind those ignoramous shouting premature death up and down... I guess then that Jesus christ died a premature death too, according to their ignorant mindset....
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by kennyz247(m): 9:49am On Aug 28, 2018
ds wife must b high on fulani weed,y must she wait for 40minutes bfo checkn her so claimd husband who went for ordinary toilet....na pickin him want go born?
d wife too na suspect for stayin too long bfor asking for the husband
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Evince(m): 11:09am On Aug 28, 2018
who told u u have a purpose on earth than to come and live and go and die.
ct2:
I will not die prematurely, I fulfill my good purpose on earth in Jesus name.
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Bluezy13(m): 11:25am On Aug 28, 2018
zeuss:

u r talking trash....his wife was there and i am sure she tried and cried for that door to be forced open.....the incompetent untrained superior stopd the idea......the proper thing to do is force the door open immediately he overstayed and did not respond to calls.....after all he went in alone.
he suffered a cardiac arrest and could have been saved if help was administered in a timely manner....those superiors have the typical illiterate cow mentality which you partake in, unfortunately it is exhibited by many idiots here, always eager to exercise wicked power and have successfully ushered an unfortunate man to his death.

In saner climes, if the door is forced open and the man is at ease with nothing wrong with him, he can sue the superiors for invasion of privacy and assault among others.

Some things may be morally right but legally wrong. Legality always supersedes.

I chose to ignore your negative comments on my personality. I see it as a function of ignorance.
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by ct2: 11:26am On Aug 28, 2018
Evince:
who told u u have a purpose on earth than to come and live and go and die.

English Standard Version
I shall not die, but I shall live, and recount the deeds of the LORD.

Berean Study Bible
I will not die, but I will live and proclaim what the LORD has done.

New American Standard Bible
I will not die, but live, And tell of the works of the LORD.

King James Bible
I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.

Christian Standard Bible

Contemporary English Version
And so my life is safe, and I will live to tell what the LORD has done.

Good News Translation
I will not die; instead, I will live and proclaim what the LORD has done.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
I will not die, but I will live to recount the deeds of the LORD.

NET Bible
I will not die, but live, and I will proclaim what the LORD has done.

New Heart English Bible
I will not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And I shall not die but I shall live, and I shall narrate the works of Lord Jehovah!
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Evince(m): 11:48am On Aug 28, 2018
yet u will still die. we are all mortals what we do is die so stop deceiving urself that you shall not die
ct2:

English Standard Version
I shall not die, but I shall live, and recount the deeds of the LORD.

Berean Study Bible

New American Standard Bible
I will not die, but live, And tell of the works of the LORD.

King James Bible
I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.

Christian Standard Bible

Contemporary English Version
And so my life is safe, and I will live to tell what the LORD has done.

Good News Translation
I will not die; instead, I will live and proclaim what the LORD has done.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
I will not die, but I will live to recount the deeds of the LORD.

NET Bible
I will not die, but live, and I will proclaim what the LORD has done.

New Heart English Bible
I will not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And I shall not die but I shall live, and I shall narrate the works of Lord Jehovah!
now versions of book written by ppl that hv died long ago is ur watchtower

1 Like

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by ct2: 11:57am On Aug 28, 2018
Evince:
yet u will still die. we are all mortals what we do is die so stop deceiving urself that you shall not die
I have proclaim what I want for my self , I proclaim life.

you are free to choose your's

moreover, “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Evince(m): 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2018
u are so brain washed. i didnt wish u death i only corrected ur mental slavery which make u think u shall not die. are u immortal? brother we will all die one day dont deceive urself
ct2:
I have proclaim what I want for my self , I proclaim life.

you are free to choose your's

moreover, “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

1 Like

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Cutezt(m): 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2018
Useless same ikoyi passport office that has refused to give me my passport for over 2 months now telling me that booklet is not available
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Eagleword14(f): 2:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
Timely intervention might have saved the man
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by zeuss: 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
Bluezy13:

In saner climes, if the door is forced open and the man is at ease with nothing wrong with him, he can sue the superiors for invasion of privacy and assault among others.

Some things may be morally right but legally wrong. Legality always supersedes.

I chose to ignore your negative comments on my personality. I see it as a function of ignorance.

you must be a trash bin
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Bluezy13(m): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
zeuss:

I must be a trash bin

Enjoy.
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by zeuss: 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2018
Bluezy13:

I Enjoy my foolishness
ur choice.
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by EHI9ICE(m): 12:08am On Aug 29, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Toxins attack.

His body organs were attacked by some toxic intake. Water, food or bad offensive odor got into his blood stream and attacked the organs. The immune will flush them out naturally, usually through vomit or shit. If he kept holding it in because he could not find a place to quickly ease himself the organs will begin to shut down his body functions. The skin will get hot and he will be very uncomfortable, sweating and dehydrated. He will get dizzy and loose consciousness. If he shuts out in an upright position, he will end up falling down. The head impact on the ground can cause additional damage to a body already under attack.

There are two possibilities
1. With help, the body will recover from the shock and regain consciousness.

2. The organs had gone cold and blood drained away from their capillaries, damage is irreversible. Even if consciousness is regained the subject will not fully regain body functionality and will soon pass.

Nice exposé...Please can I contact you personally so you can perhaps throw more light on this issue for me-coz it seems you have the answers to some of my unanswered questions-healthwise.I'd really appreciate it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Husband Abandons His Sick Wife In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / What Can Cause This?? / Chewing Stick Sold As "Organic Toothbrush" Overseas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.