Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,360 members, 7,954,469 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:43 PM

Career Choice After Studying Marketing? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Choice After Studying Marketing? (7668 Views)

Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. / I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. / Is Counselling A Good Career Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Philinho(m): 7:39am On Aug 29, 2018
Don't allow anybody to run down your moral.Marketing is a nice course .Make sure you can market yourself and every other is a work over. You will. of regret it at all

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by bigfat05: 7:39am On Aug 29, 2018
marketing
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Burgerlomo: 7:44am On Aug 29, 2018
Yah future is bright bro with series of online marketing as marketing is a hot niche cool
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by AK481(m): 7:46am On Aug 29, 2018
They are the highest earner in all fmcg.

Advertising,category manager,graphic design,event planning.

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Austin234(m): 7:48am On Aug 29, 2018
Marketing is very interesting and career saddled course to study and earn a living. I speak as an expert in the field.

You can virtually work in all field of life - Bank, Hospital, Oil and Gas, Engineering, Politics just name it.

Aside the above, one can develop his/herself into a personal career. The underlying secret is 'Be A Solution Provider'. Areas with which you can develop yourself includes but not limited to Advertising Agency, Market research, Marketing Consultant, Training the Trainee, Brand Ambassador, Digital Marketing etc.

Honestly, there are a lot of career in Marketing. Solve problem(s) and you are good to go.

#TeamProudMarketer#

2 Likes

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Bigval5: 7:51am On Aug 29, 2018
Do you use mtn sim? Check my signature on how to power all apps with mpulse N150 for 1.2Gb cheap browsing bookmark the blog
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by adedayoa2(f): 8:05am On Aug 29, 2018
Don't forget to write their professional exams too
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Jamestown123: 8:27am On Aug 29, 2018
Mutual benefit go employ u Sha, 20 to 30k salary u go Waka from surulere to ikeja dey look for customers

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Jaqenhghar: 8:27am On Aug 29, 2018
chukwuma0000:
Good morning fellow nairalanders, am currently studying marketing at one of the reputable polytechnic in the country,
Please I need your candid advice on choosing a self dependent career in marketing,

Thanks.
Try and migrate. they value marketing skills there
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Jamestown123: 8:28am On Aug 29, 2018
U go trek from yaba to ikeja dey look for customers #Mutual benefits

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by ykseun(m): 8:40am On Aug 29, 2018
I think with direction the world is going, you need to be relevant digitally. Learn course in line with digital marketing. I can assure you that's what's invoke now. The demand for digital marketers exceeds the people out there with the knowledge
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by GetCofOProperty: 9:03am On Aug 29, 2018
donnie:
You went to school to get a job. That's the problem.
cool By the time you graduate, you should have acquires so much skills that'll make you a very good entrepreneur and business man. Because all wealthy businessmen around the world including Bill Gates and Dangote are natural marketers.

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Harry00(m): 9:13am On Aug 29, 2018
donnie:
You went to school to get a job. That's the problem.
your point
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by GeoOla25(m): 10:23am On Aug 29, 2018
Graduate and get a sales Jobs in the real estate in Lekki axis.... then you’re made .
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Asquare84(m): 10:59am On Aug 29, 2018
YOU ARE STUDYING ONE OF THE BEST COURSE, I PERSONALLY STUDIED MARKETING FROM FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC BIDA, TODAY I CAN TELL YOU THAT I WORK IN ONE OF THE PENSION FUND ADMINISTRATOR WITH A GOOD OFFICIAL CAR AND A DRIVER, ONE OF THE GOOD THING ABOUT MARKETING IS THE FACT THAT STAFF IN MARKETING DEPARTMENT GET PROMOTED FASTER THAN OTHER DEPARTMENT APART FROM YOU HAVING TIME FOR YOURSELF, MEET PEOPLE THE MATTER IN THE SOCIETY AND YOUR ABILITY TO DO OTHER THINGS APART FROM YOUR JOB. TRUE IF YOU NOT YOUR WORTH YOU CAN NEVER BE STRANDED BY UNEMPLOYMENT AND YOU WILL BE CHANGING JOB ONE ORGANIZATION TO ANOTHER WHILE BACK OFFICE STAFF ARE STRANDED

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by nov19(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
Marketing is weigh too broad and too passive a topic and you are probably going to spend your 4years learning history and lifeless theories like many other courses.

But you will do yourself a lot of good by focusing on becoming very good at Sale. Being very good at selling is the number skills out there nobody will tell you about.

Your ability to sell will goes a long way to guarantees your success in any industry you find yourself after you leave school.

And if you don't mind. I can give you a few names to follow on YouTube and closing study, they have lots of free resources.

1. Grant Cardone , the best sales trainer in the world I believe

2. Robert kiyozaki, He will change your Orientation completely about money and finance.

These guys are a blessing to our generation.

Wish you good luck.
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Patrick2497: 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
chukwuma0000:
Good morning fellow nairalanders, am currently studying marketing at one of the reputable polytechnic in the country,
Please I need your candid advice on choosing a self dependent career in marketing,

Thanks.
Go To North Buy Cow Or Goat At Cheaper Rate And Bring To The South Or Play Bet9ja!
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
Am studying Marketing presently at federal polytechnic oko, Anambra state, Nigeria,

Am a proud marketer

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
I only see jealous for una eyes,
Proud marketer forever

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
Anyway thanks to you all, I think have gotten what I want
I feel good
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by XaviDayo(m): 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2018
hesilo:
please what is TEF? is it some loan or grant issuing initiative?

Tony Elumelu grant
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by hesilo(m): 7:02am On Aug 30, 2018
XaviDayo:

Tony Elumelu grant
Aww...dats so good to hear. I wish I could talk wit u in private. hesilo94@gmail com (07061232381). Just pm on whatsapp kinda would need ur humble assistance. Thanks
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Phunkyposh(f): 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hello all, I'm late to the party but will drop my bit here.

Foremostly, the word MARKETING had been bastardized.
Marketing differs from sales and need I mention SALES is also a broad topic on its own too.

Marketing cannot be exhausted as a student, you choose a field and specialize.
As the world evolves, Marketing has Metamorphosised into communication which makes them run pari passu
Thus it brings us to the first branch,
Marketing Communications (this is where digital marketing falls)
Other units includes Brandng, Advertising, events and sponsorships , Operations etc
My advice, read hard, understand which you can fit in well and pursue.
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Olufemisamuel: 10:59am On Jul 05, 2020
Sometimes, we ask ourselves if a marketing degree worth it? is it a good or bad career path to follow especially in a country like Nigeria?

Will graduates reap much from studying marketing in Nigeria?

Let’s dive in deep, shall we? Click on this webpage that really delves deep into measuring the worth of a marketing degree?
[url] https://careerquakers.com/is-a-marketing-degree-worth-it-is-it-a-good-or-bad-career/[/url]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Share My Idea With My Employer? / Any Info On Nov 2012 Ican Result / School And Work At The Same Time. How Feasible? Advice Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.