Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,443 members, 7,826,702 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Taking Yourself Less Seriously! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Taking Yourself Less Seriously! (603 Views)

Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / Seriously! Guys Can You Bang Your Girlfriend Like This?? [photo] / Guy Dumps Girlfriend After Taking Her For Shopping.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taking Yourself Less Seriously! by topup: 5:34am On Jun 28, 2010
This pride and ego thing is all stupid!!

It really is. We all know that pride is foolish, cos we have nothing to be proud about in the eyes of God. No, realistically, I love it when people don't take themselves too seriously, I think you can enjoy life a lot more. Too many people I know, you say a joke about them and they tense up become defensive, and add you to their 'dislike' list, and then I know some really amazing people who just laugh everything off. Being stroppy is NOT attractive, this is the 21st century, you needn't have such a high guard to prove you're a man or an independent or strong woman, you don't need to forage for food or collect firewood there are supermarkets and DIY shops.

I think people need to enjoy life more, allow and accept criticism - which is INEVITABLE and most of all; laugh more.

A lot of the arguments here on Nairaland, you just need to take a step back and it becomes obvious that right corner vs left corner - both look ridiculous, taking things to heart - insulting the person's tribe, parents, upbringing and sexuality - it's all been done here, and for what, some arbritrary point system.

I've noticed that those who laugh more and don't take themselves too seriously enjoy life the most, things just deflect off them, they see things clearer, they are not offended by just anything and everything and they make those who insult appear pathetic.

I dunno, just a suggestion. .
Re: Taking Yourself Less Seriously! by IyaBasira: 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2010
Let's name and shame !!!!!

And then we could see who needs to be brought down a peg. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The 3 Minutes Break Up Pain Stopping Technique / I Only Learnt The Mystery In Goodbyes: Am Not Mean! / What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.