Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,031 members, 7,953,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:44 AM

What I Did To Help My Child Improve In Maths - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What I Did To Help My Child Improve In Maths (28358 Views)

1st Class in Maths: Maniru Ibrahim Gets N9.2bn Scholarship For PhD In Ireland / 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths / Please How Can I Improve In My English Speaking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: What I Did To Help My Child Improve In Maths by Godmademan(m): 3:25am On Sep 03, 2018
You will not find an easier course to study than mathematics. 1+1 is 2 any year you wake up. The rules are fixed. They don't vary with time, weather or environment. My experience with students point to a general lack of self belief and passion. They just follow the general belief that the subject is difficult.

My study also shows that many students lack basic arithmetic skills....i mean simple tens anx units, addition and subtraction, Times table 1-12. I have met undergraduates and graduates struggling with simple additions which is embarrassing.

The teachers have their role to play but I consider it a taboo for any parent to allow their child finish primary education without knowing in details:

Times table 1-12
Addition and subtraction/Tens and units
BODMAS
Mean, mode and median
The kidmust develop a routine to practice

These are rudiments the child must understand before secondary education. They form the basis for mathematics,additional mathematics, physics, chemistry, accounting, economics, engineering, computer science, etc.

Jf your child understand these basics jn mathematics then it is either an 'A' or an 'A' at the SSCE in mathematics.

1 Like

Re: What I Did To Help My Child Improve In Maths by TheodoraBurnes: 4:40pm On Sep 18, 2018
There are thousands of ways to relax but my lovely thing is write a paper, firstly I started to write like a hobby, but then I understood that it's my future job.
Re: What I Did To Help My Child Improve In Maths by modupe49: 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2018
I love that ......Oluwa bless all our sweet moms they are the best

37 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JAMB Releases Matriculation List. How Undergraduates Can Check Names / Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) / I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.