Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Cost Of Mama Put Food - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cost Of Mama Put Food (11119 Views)

See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) / 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) / How Do I Cook Mama Put Stew? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by obailala(m): 9:43am On Jun 29, 2010
saintneo:

seems you guys are patronising restaurants.

for any road side food will not be more the NGN200

Rice        - 60
Beans     - 20
Fish        - 50
Plantain - 20
7up+Pure Water      - 50

this is just my estimate for 2010.

my trend from 1999
1999 - NGN20
2001 - NGN40
2005 - NGN50
2007 - NGN80
2008 - NGN120
i totally agree with the above

#200 should buy u a good meal in a typical/average road side mama put joint except u are a very hungry or greedy person demanding for 5 kpomo, 2 fish tail, orobo etc etc

The #350, #500, #1000 and above that most people are saying here should be in restaurants or overrated iya basira kind of joints where they prepare exceptionally good meals. A typical mama put hardly has a name so i wonder why peeps here are quoting prices from popular local restaurants and referring to them as mama put
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 29, 2010
let me say at least 350 will be ok i.e

RICE:- 100 Naira

DODO: 50 Naira

MEAT: 50 Naira per one 3

Beans 20 Naira and egg 30 naira.

that for me every morning in Lagos Island

True.
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by kellysopy(m): 10:18am On Jun 29, 2010
In Ibadan, It's relatively cheap, I could spend N200 to consume 2 wraps of pounded yam @50 each and goat meat @100.
The goat meat could be compared to N250 goat meat in Lagos.
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Acidosis(m): 10:20am On Jun 29, 2010
"mama put?" aren't you a female? Cooking is feminine.
Majority of their customers are under various kinds of spell, a day without a taste can humiliate your brain! You might develop a phobia for your own food.
Most of the meat/beef they serve might look good to the eye, but to body, it's some percentage close to Creutzfeldt-Jalcob's diseases.
Acidosis
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Acidosis(m): 10:26am On Jun 29, 2010
"mama put?" aren't you a female? Cooking is feminine.
Majority of their customers are under various kinds of spell, a day without a taste can humiliate your brain! You might develop a phobia for your own food.
Most of the meat/beef they serve might look good to the eye, but to body, it's some percentage close to Creutzfeldt-Jalcob's disease.
Acidosis
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by candylips(m): 10:53am On Jun 29, 2010
una dey make my mouth water fo rthis thread o angry

i don miss mama put food cry
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by DoubleN(m): 10:54am On Jun 29, 2010
There is the place i used to frequent during my working days on Lagos Island,it was located at the Car Pack just behind Broad Street.I believe the women are togolese.
An average plate of food goes for about N300
Rice -N100
Dodo/Potatoe Chips-50
Moi Moi-N50
Big Meat (Beaf) N100

grin grin grin grin
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by suvatha: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2010
is it a new one?
What kinda food do they server there?
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by PokerFace(f): 11:09am On Jun 29, 2010
suvatha:

is it a new one?
What kinda food do they server there?

Well-er, they-er serv-er food-er like-er : er

Beans-er
Rice-er
Tomatoes Stew-er
Iyan-er
Fried-er Rice-er
Jollof-er Rice-er
Moin-Moin-er
Fish-er
Pure Water-er
Kpomo-er
Pepper Soup-er
Fufu-er
Eba-er
Amala-er

Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by candylips(m): 11:31am On Jun 29, 2010
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by anitabest(f): 11:42am On Jun 29, 2010
pendind on the kind of food u want, d list u can get is 200.
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by nana(f): 11:54am On Jun 29, 2010
PokerFace:

Beans-er
Rice-er
Tomatoes Stew-er
Iyan-er
Fried-er Rice-er
Jollof-er Rice-er
Moin-Moin-er
Fish-er
Pure Water-er
Kpomo-er
Pepper Soup-er
Fufu-er
Eba-er
Amala-er

Cheeky cheesy
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Abuloma80(f): 1:30pm On Jun 29, 2010
Mama Alhaji's "Mama put is unique". You get tuwon shinkafa da man shanu (Pounded rice food and soup with oil extracted from milk) @200.
Most of the food gotten from other Mama puts are available at Mama Alhaji’s shade, a complete dish @ N200. As for her fura da nono is unbeatable for the fact that any nono not sold that day, will never be resold the next day, it shall be washed away in the river.

A bowl of Fura da nono is about N80. You have the option of taking your fura with honey instead of sugar, in fact customers do "take away" honey @N5000 per jerry-can of 20 litres, yes that's what I meant (20litre @ N5000), down here Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, that goes for N25000 because 5litre gallon that is about N5000.

Mama Alhaji is @ Baruwa of Gashska Mambila Plateau of Taraba state. All those (Ibos) going to Cameroun from the eastern part of Nigeria never miss her "shade" before crossing the mountain.
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by DoubleN(m): 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2010
Abuloma80:

Mama Alhaji's "Mama put is unique". You get tuwon shinkafa da man shanu (Pounded rice food and soup with oil extracted from milk) @200.
Most of the food gotten from other Mama puts are available at Mama Alhaji’s shade, a complete dish @ N200. As for her fura da nono is unbeatable for the fact that any nono not sold that day, will never be resold the next day, it shall be washed away in the river.

A bowl of Fura da nono is about N80. You have the option of taking your fura with honey instead of sugar, in fact customers do "take away" honey @N5000 per jerry-can of 20 litres, yes that's what I meant (20litre @ N5000), down here Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, that goes for N25000 because 5litre gallon that is about N5000.

Mama Alhaji is @ Baruwa of Gashska Mambila Plateau of Taraba state. All those (Ibos) going to Cameroun from the eastern part of Nigeria never miss her "shade" before crossing the mountain.
This has taking Bukarism a notch higher!
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by onyengbu1(m): 3:16pm On Jun 29, 2010
obailala:

The #350, #500, #1000 and above that most people are saying here should be in restaurants or overrated iya basira kind of joints where they prepare exceptionally good meals. A typical mama put hardly has a name [/b]so i wonder why peeps here are quoting prices from popular local restaurants and referring to them as mama put

On point jare.

these people are quoting restaurant prices here. And surprisingly they all live in lagos where it is believed food is cheaper.

Here in the east an ideal mama put will sell between #150 - #200. It can skyrocket to #1000 if you decide to eat everything in the woman's kitting.

Dont give me that 'hundred naira food will kill you' because we are talking about [b]Mama put
if you dont want to be killed by food, go and eat in a reputable restaurant where the owners can compensate your people if they accidentally poison you.
But they are not likely poison you because they have a name unlike Mama put.
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Ib(f): 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2010
Iya-eba in berkerly street near moloney, lagos island
Rice 150
Meat 4 @ 50 each - 200
Coke 60

Car park opposite first bank headquarters in marina -
Pounded yam + afang = 290
Extra meat - 100
Coke 60
grand total - 450
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by damilola15: 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2010
cool cool cool
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by denony(m): 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2010
estimate

Rice - N50
beans - N30
Dodo - N50
indomie - N30
Vegetable N30
Meat - N50
pomo - N30
Pure water N10
mineral - N50
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Jun 29, 2010
So if it is just a local joint, why call it Mama Put . . . . .
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Ultrame(m): 6:51pm On Jun 29, 2010
PokerFace:

Beans-er
Rice-er
Tomatoes Stew-er
Iyan-er
Fried-er Rice-er
Jollof-er Rice-er
Moin-Moin-er
Fish-er
Pure Water-er
Kpomo-er
Pepper Soup-er
Fufu-er
Eba-er
Amala-er

ROFLMAO Walahi pokerface u no well! u wan er kill me?
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 29, 2010
LOL @ thread. i'm missing white house amala. that's sum gangsta sturvs!
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Jarus(m): 9:25pm On Jun 29, 2010
VI: In front of GTB Head Office, canopied space
With 200, you will eat good, natural food. Whether Amala or eba or combo of rice, beans etc
Same for one compound at the back of Zenith Bank Head Office.

Ajah: Hot black amala plus meats or fish=N200

Don't aks me how I know all these joints o grin Na one of my friends ja mi si grin
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by dayokanu(m): 9:40pm On Jun 29, 2010
On point jare.

these people are quoting restaurant prices here. And surprisingly they all live in lagos where it is believed food is cheaper.

Here in the east an ideal mama put will sell between #150 - #200. It can skyrocket to #1000 if you decide to eat everything in the woman's kitting.

Dont give me that 'hundred naira food will kill you' because we are talking about Mama put if you dont want to be killed by food, go and eat in a reputable restaurant where the owners can compensate your people if they accidentally poison you.
But they are not likely poison you because they have a name unlike Mama put.

Where can you get something like below ? Even rat poison expensive pass that one.

Rice with beef stew cost about 20 Naira. Each piece of meat 5 Naira

Insert Quote
VI: In front of GTB Head Office, canopied space
With 200, you will eat good, natural food. Whether Amala or eba or combo of rice, beans etc
Same for one compound at the back of Zenith Bank Head Office.

Ajah: Hot black amala plus meats or fish=N200

Don't aks me how I know all these joints o Na one of my friends ja mi si

Jarus, There was this space beside Access bank Head office on Oyin Jolayemi where there are many shops there I dont know if they would have demolished it, But I used to go there during Lunch to eat and even top it up with Shekpe before going back to office.

As I reach office, eye go don dey shine, Na to dey pass Adjustment for client Financial Statement anyhow. Una get luck say you no be my client. I for take Management Control report kill you except you get fine babes for your office.

100% provisioning for all bad debt. I too bad!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by ikamefa(f): 7:43am On Jun 30, 2010
PokerFace:

Beans-er
Rice-er
Tomatoes Stew-er
Iyan-er
Fried-er Rice-er
Jollof-er Rice-er
Moin-Moin-er
Fish-er
Pure Water-er
Kpomo-er
Pepper Soup-er
Fufu-er
Eba-er
Amala-er

grin " na er dey end efri thing i don laff tumble  cheesy

dayokanu:

Where can you get something like below ? Even rat poison expensive pass that one.

Jarus, There was this space beside Access bank Head office on Oyin Jolayemi where there are many shops there I dont know if they would have demolished it, But I used to go there during Lunch to eat and even top it up with Shekpe before going back to office.

As I reach office, eye go don dey shine, Na to dey pass Adjustment for client Financial Statement anyhow. Una get luck say you no be my client. I for take Management Control report kill you except you get fine babes for your office.

100% provisioning for all bad debt. I too bad!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

afternoon shepe?  what should we call that one now? drunk-action? "  grin"

@ topic all the qoutes and food on this thread just dey make persin hungry jare! undecided i remember my fav amala-joint for mushin: amala iya- lanko " grin "
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by vandops(m): 7:45am On Jun 30, 2010
cheesy Naija like food o, lol grin
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by honeric01(m): 9:49am On Jun 30, 2010
Mama put abi?
 Ok, let's start by defining what mama put means :

Mama put is any cooked food shop/tank/koro/backyard/shead/buka/roadside structure where food of all kind of names are sold for as low as what a matured man/human should be able to afford, not leaving out the kids too having as low as =N=50 to spare.

Igbo Mama put (all other southerner's mama put falls into this category):
  A plate of rice plus plantain plus fish or meat goes for =N-150, if you prefer vegetable instead of stew, you pay =N=200.
  A plate of Eba with egusi + 1 meat or fish = 150
  A plate of Eba with Ogbono with fish or meat = 150
  A plate of Eba with Vegetable with fish or meat = 200
  3 wraps of fufu with egusi or ogbono with fish or meat = 150
  3 wraps of fufu with vegetable with fish or meat = 200
extra is 30 for fufu and 50 for Eba
1 pure water for free, if u request for more, you pay =N=5 each. wink

Yoruba mama put :
 They don't sell per plate, they sell per wrap of fufu, amala, Eba, lafun, pounded-yam
  1 wrap cost 20-50, you need at least 4 to feel anything in your stomach.
 As for fish, kpomo or meat, they hardly sell 20 naira now adays, so you need =N=50 for meat or fish, so you order as many as you want. wink
 same goes with their rice with that yeye oil soup they call stew, trust me, when eating there, make sure you don't go in with white shirt, else you are going to have to go home to change your shirt. angry

As for the Hausa, i don't patronize them, don't know what they cook and never care to know what they cook tongue

The Ghanaian, Togolese's bukas, it's been long i went to these ones, so i don't remember how they roll.
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by favouredjb(f): 11:03am On Jun 30, 2010
Double N:

There is the place i used to frequent during my working days on Lagos Island,it was located at the Car Pack just behind Broad Street.I believe the women are togolese.
An average plate of food goes for about N300
Rice -N100
Dodo/Potatoe Chips-50
Moi Moi-N50
Big Meat (Beaf) N100

grin grin grin grin

am sending for carpark rice rite now!!!

do you know the mamauput called 'amala first bank'?,i patronise these bukas,when i dnt bring food frm home, or get tired of the one sold in my ofc resturant grin grin grin grin

N200 or 150 is enuf for any mamput esp on lagos island
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by zains: 12:45pm On Jun 30, 2010
On the flip side, the REAL COST of Mama Put Food could be the same as your hospital bill grin cheesy
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by siapaya(m): 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2010
IKEJA

under tree mamaput ( breakfast )

Spaghetti , 1 pomo, 2 eggs, beans = 200N - full stomach

Mama put house
Jollof rice 200
Vegetables 50
Plantain 50
2 pomo 100
Total 400 , sometimes cant full my stomach,
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2010
y r y'all wasting money when u can have a hygenic food prepared in ur home by urself n m cost is reasonable.wot pleasure do u derive from eating road side food.if u have d opportunity of going 2 their open kitchen n see d condition/way d food is prepared,trust me u wount wanna dare eat there no matter how good d aroma is
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by siapaya(m): 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2010
@kulyie

Its not even about the aroma,

I live by myself and need to eat everyday with tight budget, I think some of the Nairalanders also have the same experience.
Somehow, I know it's not a healthy choice, but for the sake of Lagos , we just need that, grin
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by LordReed(m): 10:42pm On Jun 30, 2010
In Abj hold like N300 but u can get some gud place 4 like N150 n some pricey 1's 4 like N500 all depends on wat u choose to eat.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? / My food album. (Pictures) / What's Your Most-hated Kitchen Chore/task?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.