Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Cost Of Mama Put Food - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cost Of Mama Put Food (11118 Views)

See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) / 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) / How Do I Cook Mama Put Stew? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by tpiah: 1:00am On Jul 01, 2010
the mamaput wey i like na one husband and wife team who used to sell fresh cooked yam with garden egg stew in the morning.

used to buy it back then on the way to school without letting my mum know. [she wasnt a fan of roadside eateries].

that stew was too sweet. The aroma alone sef na wa.

real palm oil with green garden egg, all soaked up by the yam.
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by candylips(m): 9:17am On Jul 01, 2010
yummy
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 01, 2010
i understand perfectly but am sure u consider ur health is more important dan anytin u can think of.i'm sure u may choose not 2 believe me if i tell u some of d popular roadside restaurants actually use well water 2 cook,dont wash their hands b4 cooking,and dont observe basic hygine protocols.in short some of dem r filthy.at least i live and work in lagos as well n i understand what it means 2 live n work in lagos because am actually part of lagos,i work in marina in one of d companies there (which i wount mention) i took a walk in2 mamaput open kitchen just 2 see whether i could eat there but 1st i wanted 2 observe how wot is going in2 my system is prepared n i cudnt bliv wot i saw. a woman was cleaning up her baby after d baby defeacated in a potty,after dat she just threw d faeces away,rinsed her hands n cleaned her hands on her dirty wrapper she was wearing,afta dat picked up d serving spoon and was pouring rice people will buy in2 d cooler,dat'll be in d restaurant.i had a change of mind immediatly n vowed neva 2 go there.i made up my mind i would prepare d food i'll eat 4 d week every weekend and put it in d fridge,so b4 going 2 work i'll microwave it,package it in a decent nylon and eat it wen am on break at work.it saves me from thyphoid cos i avoid going 2 d clinic or takin drugs as much as possible so i wount even dare eat in "mama put"
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by candylips(m): 11:23am On Jul 01, 2010
^^ u talk true there o
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by HellaBella(f): 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2010
tongue Woah I didn't expect these many responses LOL ! FYI, it's for research purposes. I didn't know the cost because I am not based in Nigeria. So all the people causing wahala- STFU!!!!

Thanks to those who provided some info cheesy
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by HellaBella(f): 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2010
@ ACIDOSIS- you're a big fool!!!! angry

What does my being female or feminine have to do with my asking the cost of roadside food or mama put?? I swear some people are so stupid!

Please, tell me, what is the correlation? Idiot. I know how to cook- do you? Goat. I bet you eat mama put everyday so stop acting brand new!
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by MyneWhite1(f): 1:07am On Jul 02, 2010
Budget 200 minimum for each meal, unless you be akagum then 100 fit do you. grin cheesy
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by jot01(m): 9:45pm On Jul 17, 2010
Hi Nlder,
Living outside Nigeria has given most of us an idea of business we can do back Home.
But the fact remains will Nigerians appreciate such service if been rendered.

Here in South Africa, you can call most of the Eateries on Phone and they will deliver your order to your house or Office.

E.g Debonairs that sells Pizza's, KFC , Nandos and many More.

Just thinking if one can partner with all the eateries and render the home/Office deliveries services for customers who are not able to drive or walk to the restaurant during working hours or weekends.

Sometimes you might be spending time with Families/sick/Lazy to Drive and really want to eat Mr Biggs or Tantalizer but with this Service you can order for food,snacks and will be delivered to where you live.

I really want people to contribute to this and know what you really think.

Just wanna know if it makes any sense or just a waste of time.

Responds and contributions are welcome,
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Ladyrsky46: 5:51am On Dec 10, 2010
What else will I see on NL that will make me shocked. Chai! I love y'all Nigerians. grin

PS: What's Lafun? undecided
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by favouredjb(f): 10:56am On Dec 10, 2010
lafun is white amala,loved by the people from abeokuta
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Ladyrsky46: 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2010
White amala shocked
Does it taste the same as the black one or undecided?
Interesting. Thanks Favouredjb
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by dayokanu(m): 11:45pm On Dec 10, 2010
You dey miss o. You never taste Lafun before?

Its much more starchy, Its made from casava
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Ladyrsky46: 1:09am On Dec 11, 2010
Hmmm,
Hopefully I'll try it one of these days, smiley
Wait!
Won't it be eba then? Eba is made from cassave now, undecided
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by dayokanu(m): 4:03am On Dec 11, 2010
Its different fro Eba

Lafun flour is very smooth unlike Garri
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by Ladyrsky46: 1:27am On Dec 12, 2010
Interesting.
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by rumenase(m): 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2023
seedord247:
let me say at least 350 will be ok i.e

RICE:- 100 Naira

DODO: 50 Naira

MEAT:  50 Naira per one 3

Beans 20 Naira and egg 30 naira.

that for me every morning in Lagos Island
this money no go reach do anything today
Re: Cost Of Mama Put Food by dealerman(m): 9:14pm On Sep 16, 2023
ANY AVAILABLE KITCHEN, RESTAURANT, STAFF CANTEEN SPACE FOR LEASE?

A professional Chef is looking for a (Restaurant, Kitchen, or Staff Canteen) space not 100% utilized, to be given out on lease etc. On the condition that she makes a certain percentage of payment to the owners. Or in any case, depending on the condition of the place and the laid down terms and conditions, an agreement can be reached.

She is willing to provide all her cooking ingredients on a daily basis.

If such a space is available. Please contact this number: SMS only 09098845736.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? / My food album. (Pictures) / What's Your Most-hated Kitchen Chore/task?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.