Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer (747 Views)

Things An Average-looking Guy Can Do To Increase His 'market Value' / Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" / What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by shakerz1: 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2010
What Does Marriage Mean To You
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by Navi613: 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2010
for alot of people it would mean "true love" but its about commitment even if the "love" dies! you need to be there for each other and learn to work with each others downfalls!!!!
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by shakerz1: 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2010
^^if the love dies whats the point?
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by Areaboy2(m): 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2010
shakerz_1:

What Does Marriage Mean To You

getting stuck to one-gina for the rest of my life undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by nana(f): 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2010
shakerz_1:

^^if the love dies whats the point?
That's y it is good to be more than just a lover to ur partner. So,when love dies,friendship should keep u going
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by Navi613: 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2010
marriage means having someone to laugh with eat and go out with some one to fight and make up with someone to cry and complain to. Marriage has ups and downs just like any relationship, but most of all marriage means true love and respect, any feeling u have for a person you date cant come close. Love comes after marriage it comes after all the in depth convo's wi ur wife or husband, it comes after your sick and u see the worry in their eyes and he/she does everything they can to get u to feel better, it grows when they calm u down after having a bad day having someone there to always lisen and give u the best advice without being shy, the lil things u notice when ur living with someone makes love grown and stay long u get to know each other in a deeper level which then leads to bringing respect and loyalty and commitment into your lives.

however for people who have been dateing for years the person ur with has done all they can to try and impress u and fed u few lies here and there that they cant go bk from and IF you do end up getting married the lies come out and he or she feel as though they dont have to impress no more which is no good dont keep the relationship thing going too long guys limit dates do more of the talking thing to get to know each other and lisen to what really say i promise ull hear them slip up enough times grin tongue
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by shakerz1: 11:50pm On Jun 28, 2010
^Wow very good smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by topup: 3:48am On Jun 29, 2010
Marriage to me means forever, this means that you can't just be anybody, and you can't afford to get offended if I'm strict with my heart and body, because I intend to give my everything to my husband forever.

I will be naive and smitten within marriage. I will be wise, but go full throttle, this is not the time for pride, if I have to beg I will.

Though in saying all this, it is SO much easier said than done, nonetheless these are my intentions.

Marriage really is a big deal to me, it is much more than the ceremony. Just because we're all smiles on the wedding day doesn't mean everything's going to be perfect forever, marriage is a lot of hard work, it's a full time job, and if it's treated any other way, it could suffer.

Marriage comes first, before friends, and sometimes before other family members.

(I keep thinking to myself - these are only words, let the action speak for itself).

But, yes genuinely, I believe this, I would rather be foolish in love than just foolish (but of course prefer not to be foolish at all).

In marriage I want the man to give his all, and I will give my all, making us both to provide the 50:50 that will hopefully make things work.

Understanding that there WILL be problems here there and everywhere is a big must, in marriage, it's important to only let it consume you emotionally within it, and not to be blinded by emotions before the big commitment.

I think deep down inside most people have their escape plans be it divorce, or adultery, or seclusion, but if you grow up with a mentality that you must solve things, YOU HAVE TO SOLVE things, all of yourself will be given to that person, all of the arguments, all of the love and all of the growth.

Hmmm. .
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 29, 2010
@poster
a piece of paper with a dotted line at the bottom.
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by Pweety4me(f): 10:49am On Jun 29, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
a piece of paper with a dotted line at the bottom.
No it means dat u rove me & want 2 be wif me 4 d rest of ur browny lyfe angry grin tongue
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 29, 2010
^^^^^you believe in marriage?! lol
****removing Pweety from my NL top gal list*******
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by Pweety4me(f): 11:06am On Jun 29, 2010
shocked Y shouldn't i believe in it?
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 29, 2010
^^^^^so what does this piece of paper means to you and what difference it will bring to your relationship?!
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by Pweety4me(f): 11:16am On Jun 29, 2010
^I have said it already jare. . .u will be mine & i will be urs 4 eva i don't care about d paper it's just d fact dat every1 can see who this man is the man i will spend d rest of my lyfe with. . .i know dis man is proud 2 be my husband & dat he roves me.

Or r u scared of marriage?
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 29, 2010
^^^^are you saying that up to the day of marriage, he isnt proud of being with you? or that his love is meaningless until the day he marries you?! and that only that ring can confirm the love I have he's got for you?

to me, its very simple. . . . . . . . . .i do not want a piece of paper to oblige you to be with me. i want you  to be on the edge all your life knowing that, if you aint on top of your game, you might loose what we got (too many wifey's stop caring after they say "i do"wink.
i also want you to be free to leave whenever you feels like it, without having a piece of paper force you into staying with me (and vice versa).
anyway, in today's real world, a common law spouse will get the exact same benefits as a married one so as their kids.

but hey, thats just me, so tell mama no white wedding for us!
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by Pweety4me(f): 11:46am On Jun 29, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^are you saying that up to the day of marriage, he isnt proud of being with you? or that his love is meaningless until the day he marries you?! and that only that ring can confirm the love I have he's got for you?

to me, its very simple. . . . . . . . . .i do not want a piece of paper to oblige you to be with me. i want you  to be on the edge all your life knowing that, if you aint on top of your game, you might loose what we got (too many wifey's stop caring after they say "i do"wink.
i also want you to be free to leave whenever you feels like it, without having a piece of paper force you into staying with me (and vice versa).
anyway, in today's real world, a common law spouse will get the exact same benefits as a married one so as their kids.

but hey, thats just me, so tell mama no white wedding for us!
Sowrri dat is not rove. . .if u rove some1 won't u want 2 stay wif them?how can u love some1 & then u don't mind if they just get up 1 day & walk out on yu?dat's crazy i dunno wat kinda heart u have but i'm not sure if it's human undecided

MrBrowny listen 2 me *places hand on his chin looking into his eyes* if u love me u would want 2 marry me. . .don't u want 2 have me in your lyfe 4eva?don't u want 2 see me whenever u like?share a family 2gether?y would u want 2 give me dat opportunity 2 walk out on yu on 1 unfaithful day?i dunno wat lyfestyle u living but only a player/cheat can be in support of things like dis. . .i won't eva walk out on yu if i rove unless u give me a reason 2.

Browny my rove tell me. . .
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2010
@pweety
have you never heard the proverb: if you love someone let them go. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

you see, its all about being comfortable with who you are. i am not afraid of loosing someone who doesnt want to be with me therefore i leave that door wide open so that you can run out whenever you feel like it.if you look at that open door as "an opportunity" then we are definitely not made for one another because the love you have for me should have made you NOT see that door open.

the love i have for you should be the only reason why we are together and stick together. . . . . . if i mess up then i only have myself to blame for loosing you therefore a playa/cheat couldnt live that kind of lifestyle.
a marriage certificate is not gonna proove my love to you, my everyday actions towards you will!!!
Re: What Does It Mean To You Average Forumer by Pweety4me(f): 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2010
Goodluck den.

(1) (Reply)

So Surprised / Getting Married To A Man Just 4 Cash? Can You? / Sex Is A Game And Love Is A Name.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.