Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia (4835 Views)

Many Nland Guys Have Decided To Turn Female So Why Shouldn't I / How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. / What The Hell Happened To Nland Today (12-05-2010)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by violent(m): 11:44pm On Jun 28, 2010
190:

^^

Oohh wrong identity shocked shocked

Later grin grin
You be waste of tyme toasting

i suggest you stick to Mama gee!. .
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by spicyhoney(f): 11:45pm On Jun 28, 2010
OMG! LOL.

Odiaero, so u re the chief cult member, no wonder u re always passing by in all threads; that xplains it, now i see. grin
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by 190: 11:49pm On Jun 28, 2010
violent:

i suggest you stick to Mama gee!. . .and Odiero of cos  grin grin grin {he's an árse licking bítch anyway grin grin grin}
Mama-gee it is,
and
so shall it be,
I dont Joke with she and pweety4me's matter

anyway pls leave odia
we are all memberz of same cult,
dont come here and expose us
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 28, 2010
190:

^^

Easy man brother
He's among our cult~
Just that he didnt know!!

hehehhe, u just saved him now, i was about to Death Sentence him before grin grin grin grin

Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by violent(m): 11:52pm On Jun 28, 2010
190:

Mama-gee it is,
and
so shall it be,
I dont Joke with she and pweety4me's matter

anyway pls leave odia
we are all memberz of same cult,
dont come here and expose us

nah!,   . . i'd love to stick my foot down his throat. . .he needs to be taught some lessons, and believe me, I'm a good teacher cheesy cheesy cheesy

@Odeiro:

yo árse is mine  cool cool

Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by 190: 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2010
190 rushes, out of the room shocked shocked

screaming.,,, shocked shocked shocked

[size=15pt]EVERYONE RUN, A BOMB HAS BEEN IGNITED AND IT HAS 3 SECONDS TO BLOW[/size]

Odiaero and violent are in the room~
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by mamagee3(f): 11:56pm On Jun 28, 2010
Okay, I have no idea what 190 has been smoking but one thing is for sure.

Get my name off your posts and replies or get ready to get your face disfigured by the west thunder of Onyemi. grin grin
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by 190: 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2010
^^
Jesus christ the son of Olorun
Are u talking like that to your future husband~
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 29, 2010
190:

190 rushes, out of the room shocked shocked

screaming.,,, shocked shocked shocked

[size=15pt]EVERYONE RUN, A BOMB HAS BEEN IGNITED AND IT HAS 3 SECONDS TO BLOW[/size]

Odiaero and violent are in the room~

no need of running away, i hv deactivated  my military force after u saved him from the powerful invasion i would hv done to him grin grin
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by 190: 12:08am On Jun 29, 2010
odiaero:

no need of running away, i hv deactivated  my military force after u saved him from the powerful invasion i would hv done to him grin grin
thats good to hear,
besides odia did u see what mama-gee Just told me
women, they are all the same, even my mama-gee
i wont hesitate to slap kiss her if she dares me again
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 29, 2010
^^ye i saw it, u can treat her as u like, she is all urs
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by Pweety4me(f): 12:30am On Jun 29, 2010
@OP U must have lost ur mind. . .r u tired of playing wif ur s.ex toys?wtf?get of my backside if u don't have any sensible thing 2 say den shut d f up bleeding i.diot. undecided
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by rhymz(m): 1:08am On Jun 29, 2010
philip0906:

MODUS OPERANDUS
  These cult members have differnt modes of operation.they open threads for themselves e.g WHERE IS GABRY?(romance section),HAPPYBIRTH DAY BECOMERICH(politics) e.t.c and inside these threads,"initiations" are carried out.They imediately bombard these threads and woe betides a "new bie " who mistakenly crosses into such threads.Immediately,the person is attacked and the other cult members,sit down and watch and u hear some "satanic " comments like
  -PAPA-GEE alias 190;who has popcorns there to pass around
-  PWEETY4ME;"i have
  _PAPA-GEE;*chews pop corn as he watches*
   Another mode of operation,is that they have agents in every section of nairaland,while the leaders of the cult move around 2 supervise and ofcouse leave their trail behind.*imagine sauron coming 2 d romance ection* and ofcouse left his trail behind . .I was even a victim
   SINS OF THESE CULT
  1.brutalise other members of nairaland especially d so called "newbees" who r not members of the cult
  2."order" d mods to delete threads or sanction posters
  3.derail threads with impunity
  4.open threads 4 themselves where "rituals" take place
  5.praise every thread opened by their members no matter how senseless it is and castigate threads opened by "New bees"
   6.ask for source of threads even when there is no need 4 one,bu talways praise and hail ever thread opened by members,wether true or false
    I am waiting for them 2 come and attack me 4 "exposing" their cult lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

. . . Hahahahaha. . . I like this guy already! Seriously, even though you are trying to vent out your anger, you did it in a way that will make one to both laugh and at thesame time think about the points you raised.
Everything you have said is very correct, Nairaland has a very annoying trend that alienates new people many of the times. It is even annoying to even see all the time that a lot of these guys talked about, always have a way of turning every thread to be about them, their whims and Caprices, some of them intentionally derail threads they find boring by bring some stupid issues from another thread to the one they don't like. The most annoying is the ones who have turned themselves to the Numero Uno of NL because they are Mods, they delete your comments at any slight provocation or when their buddies complain to them about you.
My advice is don't take whatever you see or experience here seriously, there is a real life outside confines of NL bandwidth, a lot of these people are sad ppl that get their ego boost from here by bossing themselves all over the place and playing eye-service game to get noticed, sth they probable lack and crave for in real life.
My Guy just be bold and exert your confidence and Opinions on any issue you deem fit and never ever let nobody, be it the Mod or his buddies that call emselves oldies( like they are in some kinda hall of fame) to talk down on you or say shit to you. If it comes down to hurling insults, just do what you gattu do, the worst they can do is ban you, that in itself is not the end of anything besidez, you can get around those bans anyway. So bruva, a majority of us understand where you are coming from. Thanx for highlighting this, at least you ve created awareness about this and they too will moderate their inordinate selfishness and understand that everyone here deserve thesame fun and opportunity here that they feel is their birth right.
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by puskin: 1:29am On Jun 29, 2010
mMm??. . . . another clownish applicant has just started a thread!!!!
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by topup: 2:06am On Jun 29, 2010
I wouldn't call it a cult, more like a clique, and not because of anything malicious other than, they are familiar with each other and like each other.

I think this is human nature.

I agree with the stuff about newbies, but I know that EVERY forum picks on newbies, because they are the butt of every joke. Newbies don't take too much time to observe the forum rules, and sometimes just get things wrong, or in their enthusiasm to post - they agitate the typical flow of the forum. However, I welcome this, silly posts are funny, this post is funny, it is a breath of fresh air.

I do agree that there is a bias, so some senseless posts by some higher-ranked members of Nairaland, get away with much more and are veen congratulated simply because they like the person. I myself don't know the amount of crap I've posted here, but seeing such a large post count next to a person's name, is enough to make anyone think twice about challenging them.

Also, newbies don't give themselves a good name, most come on without really thinking about what they are going to say, if Nairaland is a reflection of Nigerian society, then why drop your guards just because you're online. It's a shame that we don't encourage free speech, but virgin talk is now a taboo, people who bring up certain topics are "time-wasters" etc. When you dig up an old post that you find relevant - you are teased for bumping up an extinct post, when you start a new one, you are told off for repeating something that already has been answered.

But this is the way it is.

Are you sure poster, that once you gain over a thousand posts, and your name is known, and people start to suck up to you, that you too won't forget about the newbie, and you too won't become proud??

rhymz:

It is even annoying to even see all the time that a lot of these guys talked about, always have a way of turning every thread to be about them, their whims and Caprices, some of them intentionally derail threads they find boring by bring some silly issues from another thread to the one they don't like.

I think this issue in particular has a lot to do with the private messaging that all advanced forums have as a means of private conversation between members who want that option. I still don't understand why 'til this day Nairaland does not have this!!
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by Rocktation(f): 2:43am On Jun 29, 2010
Crazy, but i've thought of these myself. Some of these oldies are aight and talk like humans, but others. . . .It's either this inhumane group's trying to force you to say only what they wanna hear, or they're just plainly attacking you with insults for having a mind of your own. And true, they're ALWAYS all over the forum alongside their minions, spreading profanities everywhere - a key characteristic of an inhumane society.
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by akwaowoudo(m): 4:23am On Jun 29, 2010
Pidkin dey craze; mama come talk say na talent.
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by 190: 7:47am On Jun 29, 2010
rhymz:

. . . Hahahahaha. . . I like this guy already! Seriously, even though you are trying to vent out your anger, you did it in a way that will make one to both laugh and at thesame time think about the points you raised.
Everything you have said is very correct, Nairaland has a very annoying trend that alienates new people many of the times. It is even annoying to even see all the time that a lot of these guys talked about, always have a way of turning every thread to be about them, their whims and Caprices, some of them intentionally derail threads they find boring by bring some silly issues from another thread to the one they don't like. The most annoying is the ones who have turned themselves to the Numero Uno of NL because they are Mods, they delete your comments at any slight provocation or when their buddies complain to them about you.
My advice is don't take whatever you see or experience here seriously, there is a real life outside confines of NL bandwidth, a lot of these people are sad ppl that get their ego boost from here by bossing themselves all over the place and playing eye-service game to get noticed, sth they probable lack and crave for in real life.
My Guy just be bold and exert your confidence and Opinions on any issue you deem fit and never ever let nobody, be it the Mod or his buddies that call emselves oldies( like they are in some kinda hall of fame) to talk down on you or say poo to you. If it comes down to hurling insults, just do what you gattu do, the worst they can do is ban you, that in itself is not the end of anything besidez, you can get around those bans anyway. So bruva, a majority of us understand where you are coming from. Thanx for highlighting this, at least you ve created awareness about this and they too will moderate their inordinate selfishness and understand that everyone here deserve thesame fun and opportunity here that they feel is their birth right.
grin grin
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by MissyB1(m): 11:47am On Jun 29, 2010
As usual, some ornery persons have taken this thread serzly and thrown the humor in the drain. Animosity is a biatch, I swear.
Even a tot can tell the poster was hungry for attention and wanted to ease his itching fingers . . . . .  hence, the reason for the thread.

To the Newbies . . . . .It's not true that old members look for the slightest opportunity to pounce on You.
Newbie/Oldbie/Active poster/Moderator . . . . .  is not honorific and I don't think even a 1/2 ibs brained individual would think otherwise.

Even oldbies get their share of the tantrum too if they say something out of point.
Nigerians in general, are vocally aggressive and NL is a mini Nigeria . . . .Deal with it.
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2010
grin grin
akwaowoudo:

Pidkin dey craze; mama come talk say na talent.
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by philip0906(m): 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2010
@rhymz and topup
GBAM!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Pidkin dey craze; mama come talk say na talent
hope sey no be me sha o cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Pweety4me:

@OP U must have lost your mind. . .r u tired of playing wif your s.ex toys?wtf?get of my backside if u don't have any sensible thing 2 say den shut d f up bleeding i.diot. undecided
haba. . . .only me?. . . embarassed embarassed embarassed
Missy B:

As usual, some ornery persons have taken this thread serzly and thrown the humor in the drain. Animosity is a biatch, I swear.
Even a tot can tell the poster was hungry for attention and wanted to ease his itching fingers . . . . .  hence, the reason for the thread.

To the Newbies . . . . .I[b]t's not true that old members look for the slightest opportunity to pounce on You.
Newbie/Oldbie/Active poster/Moderator . . . . .  is not honorific and I don't think even a 1/2 ibs brained individual would think otherwise.

Even oldbies get their share of the tantrum too if they say something out of point.
Nigerians in general, are vocally aggressive and NL is a mini Nigeria . . . .Deal with it[/b].

how i wish u could keep sounding like this romantic,instead of telling me 2 chew d hairs under my armpit grin grin,nl will be a better place 4 us  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by tempest01(m): 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2010
Kgdavid:

loool see they have already comitted three of the crimes eh? lmao guy  let me tell you a secret, the don of the cartel is *whispers quietly into OP's ear* SEUN.

on a more serious note this is some funny ish although i kinda get the fact that as a newbie he kinda feels left out

Edit: just checked and he has close to a thousand posts, whats the fuss about then?
grin grin
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 29, 2010
topup:

[b]I wouldn't call it a cult, more like a clique, and not because of anything malicious other than, they are familiar with each other and like each other.

I think this is human nature.[/b]I agree with the stuff about newbies, but I know that EVERY forum picks on newbies, because they are the butt of every joke. Newbies don't take too much time to observe the forum rules, and sometimes just get things wrong, or in their enthusiasm to post - they agitate the typical flow of the forum. However, I welcome this, silly posts are funny, this post is funny, it is a breath of fresh air.

I do agree that there is a bias, so some senseless posts by some higher-ranked members of Nairaland, get away with much more and are veen congratulated simply because they like the person. I myself don't know the amount of crap I've posted here, but seeing such a large post count next to a person's name, is enough to make anyone think twice about challenging them.

Also, newbies don't give themselves a good name, most come on without really thinking about what they are going to say, if Nairaland is a reflection of Nigerian society, then why drop your guards just because you're online. It's a shame that we don't encourage free speech, but virgin talk is now a taboo, people who bring up certain topics are "time-wasters" etc. When you dig up an old post that you find relevant - you are teased for bumping up an extinct post, when you start a new one, you are told off for repeating something that already has been answered.

But this is the way it is.

Are you sure poster, that once you gain over a thousand posts, and your name is known, and people start to suck up to you, that you too won't forget about the newbie, and you too won't become proud??

I think this issue in particular has a lot to do with the private messaging that all advanced forums have as a means of private conversation between members who want that option. I still don't understand why 'til this day Nairaland does not have this!!
The bolded, and indeed the whole post, say it all. I agree there are cliques and classes, but they are natural in human interactions. But I don't believe they have ill-feelings against newbies. It is not unusual for JJCs to act funny in a new set-up/environmet, and it is also natural for oldies to find the actions funny and naive. That isb what happens when newbies(not newbies) join.
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by Rocktation(f): 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^Yeah, but their being newbies on this forum, doesn't always mean that they aren't or weren't on others. Plus trust me, in a lot of other forums, partakers don't 'pick on newbies'. YES, a newbie can be chided for making a naive statement. But when the chiding of successive ones is done by thesame set of oldbies, then suspicions're aroused or it becomes indecently apparent, that a malevolent gang thing is going on. I've naught to gain from this anyway, incase anyone's wondering. I'm just saying.
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by OAM4J: 2:56am On Jun 30, 2010
Very funny grin grin grin grin grin cult indeed grin grin grin
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:59am On Jun 30, 2010
grin grin grin wink

OAM4J:

Very funny grin grin grin grin grin cult indeed grin grin grin
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by rhymz(m): 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2010
Jarus
So what you are trying to say is that it is ok to make fun of people based on the fact that they just registered? What about the useless posts and comments that a lot of the so-called oldies make here most of the times? I don't see these oldies jeering at such comments on the basis of how long or how many posts such a person has made. Like meaningful contributions are based on the number of posts and the date registered.
The problem with NL is not just the clique or class thingy, it is over-familiarity, certain people trying to carve a niche for themselves and a host of people they ve become farmiliar with, once you are not in the group, you are like a lesser mortal, God help a new forumite whose post they don't find intelligent or in line with what they expect of you, you become a recipient of demeaning epithets and slurs like newbies and so on.
A majority are in the habit of engaging only their pals in many of their own threads, to be noticed, you have to come very strong in a rude and brash manner thus the resort to hurling of insults and making ridiculous remarks. Even I ve come to understand the power of such methods, unfortunately, it is a sad commentary on how things are done on NL. In other forums, response or reply or even the tone of such are based on the strength of what is posted and how it relates with the issue, not if one is an orange trying to fit in an apple pack.
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by R3tr0str(f): 5:04am On Jul 01, 2010
@Poster nd Rhymz
Thankk you!!! You're 100% right cuz when these so called oldies don't have anything reasonable to say about a topic, all they do is curse out the poster or derail the thread(the first page of this topic just proved that also smh), I really do believe that some of them are sad ppl with lil to no self esteem in real life like you said that feels like they're the shit when they come on nairaland, I'll just stop here for now
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by aieromon(m): 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2010
I support the OP.Derailing threads sucks,pickin' on newbies makes them stronger.
Btw,i only respect members with informative post counts and not those with a bunch of death,smh,rotflmao,chewin' popcorn e.t.c posts.For this reason,i admire Sauron even though he's a jacka$$ sometimes.
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by 190: 11:39am On Jul 02, 2010
Missy B:

To the Newbies . . . . .It's not true that old members look for the slightest opportunity to pounce on You.

Nigerians in general, are vocally aggressive and NL is a mini Nigeria . . . .Deal with it.

spot on~

Missy B,
Tell them,
Goosh why so much hatred within our midst
can u refer to the statement made by R3tr0st^r
Goosh, This is really getting serious
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by rhymz(m): 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2010
190:

spot on~

Missy B,
Tell them,
Goosh why so much hatred within our midst
can u refer to the statement made by R3tr0st^r
Goosh, This is really getting serious

Papa-gee
I do not quite agree with you that R3trost^r said anything that depicts hating in her post.Rather, she is saying it as it is, know it hurts but that is the painful truth. And airomon accentuated the obviouse, sadly, ppl that have a lot of such post counts know themselves. . Lol. . Karma is a b!tch.
Re: Nland Cult:"so Called Founding Fathers Who Run Rackets In Nairaland. . .e.g Odia by 190: 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2010
^^

Please stop calling me papa-gee

I have broken up with that old woman called mama-gee

Jeez!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies your Pic In your Profile, We Don Tire / Word Game / GTA Mzansi APK Kasi Vibes Download - Theapkfolder.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.