Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? (741 Views)

What Is Faith / How Is Faith Chosen????? / What Is Faith Really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by pressplay411(m): 6:39am On Aug 31, 2018
I posted a prayer on my FB account and some one commented that I was lying and teaching others to do the same.
A conversation ensued and this was what I was led to share in response to him:

I was busy, and couldn't engage you earlier.
But truly, I understand you because just last year I was still an atheist. So I have questioned and argued along that line until Grace found me and I found Grace in the Lord.

Christian Life is all about Faith.
But what is faith?
Growing up we were raised and taught that Seeing is believing. This is how the world operates.
But Faith is the opposite. Spiritually, the reverse is the case.
You just have to Believe first, and that's when you will begin to see it happen.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

As an atheist then, I couldn't believe God truly existed because I was looking for a proof first, I wanted to see. No matter how people tried to preach to me, it was all efforts to futility.

Until God really caught me in my own craftiness.

He catches the wise in their own craftiness,
And the counsel of the cunning comes quickly upon them. Job 5:13

I am a very sense-conscious and mind-power believer. I believed the mind was the most powerful thing and for one to succeed in life, he only needed to understand his mind and have a grasp of its control.

God eventually made me realise that while the mind was indeed powerful and could make one as intelligent and intellectual as possible, only He gives Wisdom. And I realised Wisdom was superior to intellect.
This humbled me and eventually led me to seek His wisdom.
It didn't really make sense to me then but now it does as every thing began to unfurl.

Truly, all you need is Faith.
You just have to first believe that He is. He is real and all the bible says is real and true.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

2 Likes

Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by pressplay411(m): 6:50am On Aug 31, 2018
Faith Comes By Hearing

All this fuss over "Lifeless."
Much ado about nothing.
Even the Nigerian presidency asserts that President Trump never made such comment.

The enemy creates a false news, spreads this information, magnifies and exacerbates it till you have no choice but to think it must be true. Eventually it becomes your truth.

The same way the enemy has fueled our minds and beliefs with lies about us. Telling us we are weak when we are strong. Telling us we are poor when we are rich and blessed. Telling us we are sinners when Jesus Christ already made us Righteous. And telling us we are ordinary men, when God says we're gods.

Beware of who you're constantly listening to.
Every word is a seed that germinates with the manure of persistency and constant repetition.

Just as Faith comes by hearing the word of God, so does Fear come by hearing the world.

Romans 10:17
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

May God Almighty unveil and deliver us all in Jesus name
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by orisa37: 7:01am On Aug 31, 2018
Wellcome to the Committee of Seekers of The Kingdom of God.

2 Likes

Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by pressplay411(m): 9:46am On Aug 31, 2018
orisa37:
Wellcome to the Committee of Seekers of The Kingdom of God.

Hmm
Your ID though. Lol
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by orisa37: 10:18am On Sep 01, 2018
pressplay411:

Hmm Your ID though. Lol

It's a Word of God. The Supreme Spirit, Himself, is ORISA NUMBER-ONE.

1 Like

Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by pressplay411(m): 6:37pm On Sep 01, 2018
orisa37:

It's a Word of God. The Supreme Spirit, Himself, is ORISA NUMBER-ONE.

I get you. More Grace and Wisdom sir.
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
faith is a collection of all works done in trust and obedience to God's commandments serving as evidence of your claim to believe.

Your faith is the evidence of your claim to believe
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by Kobojunkie: 12:19am On Mar 16, 2023
pressplay411:
But what is faith? Growing up we were raised and taught that Seeing is believing. This is how the world operates. But Faith is the opposite. Spiritually, the reverse is the case. You just have to Believe first, and that's when you will begin to see it happen. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1
Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
First, contrary to what many may like to believe, Hebrews 11 vs 1 does not contain a definition of the word faith . Rather what the writer does in the context is attempts a figurative comparison of faith with the evidence/substance, the promises of God, that come as a result of ir. Faith itself is not defined in the context of that passage. For this reason, the word faith, in the context, is used in reference to efforts made by such a person as Abraham while pointing out the evidence/benefits that resulted from such effort. undecided

God Himself explained what the word faith means in Genesis 26 vs 5 when He pointed out that the reason why He made a promise to Abraham had to do with the fact that Abraham lived his life in submission and obedience of His, God's, teachings and commandments - Faith. God gave that as the one and the only reason why He made Abraham His friend. This offer we observe Jesus Christ makes with all those of His followers who will do as He says - John 15 vs 9 -14 — those who will submit to and obey His teachings and commandments in the Kingdom of God. So, there you have it. Faith refers to living one's life in continuous submission and obedience to God's commandments and teachings, and in our case, in Jesus Christ. This definition is observed as being used in the Old Testament as well as in the New Covenant by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Mar 16, 2023
pressplay411:
■As an atheist then, I couldn't believe God truly existed because I was looking for a proof first, I wanted to see. No matter how people tried to preach to me, it was all efforts to futility. Until God really caught me in my own craftiness. He catches the wise in their own craftiness, And the counsel of the cunning comes quickly upon them. Job 5:13[b] I am a very sense-conscious and mind-power believer. I believed the mind was the most powerful thing and for one to succeed in life, he only needed to understand his mind and have a grasp of its control. God eventually made me realise that while the mind was indeed powerful and could make one as intelligent and intellectual as possible, only He gives Wisdom. And I realised Wisdom was superior to intellect. This humbled me and eventually led me to seek His wisdom.[/b]
■ It didn't really make sense to me then but now it does as everything began to unfurl. Truly, all you need is Faith. You just have to first believe that He is. He is real and all the bible says is real and true.
1. Seek his wisdom how? undecided

2. Somehow I am not convinced that, unlike the over 2 billion religious folks out there who also carry the brand name "Jesus" around, you understand what faith really is. Your right up does not clear the air about faith, nor does not mention the fact that obedience(work) is the key as far as faith is concerned, and all faith without obedience is pretty much dead — meaningless.undecided
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2023
pressplay411:
■ Faith Comes By Hearing All this fuss over "Lifeless."
■ Much ado about nothing. Even the Nigerian presidency asserts that President Trump never made such comment. The enemy creates a false news, spreads this information, magnifies and exacerbates it till you have no choice but to think it must be true. Eventually it becomes your truth. The same way the enemy has fueled our minds and beliefs with lies about us. Telling us we are weak when we are strong. Telling us we are poor when we are rich and blessed. Telling us we are sinners when Jesus Christ already made us Righteous. And telling us we are ordinary men, when God says we're gods. Beware of who you're constantly listening to. Every word is a seed that germinates with the manure of persistency and constant repetition.
1. The same Paul who said faith comes by hearing also informed you in Romans 2 vs 12 - 16 that Faith does make one right with God. So, be very careful with the interpretation you give that soundbite extracted from the letters of Paul as the writer's message is only made clear when his words are considered in the context they were presented in. undecided

2. Jesus Christ only makes one righteous by the standard that is the Old Law of Moses - Salvation from Death which is resolved with the gifting of Eternal life aka grace. Jesus Christ, however, does not resolve the sin debt which you carry over from the Old Law nor does He grant you righteousness by the standard that is God's New Covenant and Constitution in the Kingdom of God. That you have to work towards obtaining for yourself through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ — faith - John 8 vs 31 - 44 & Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Matthew 10 vs 22 & Mark 13 vs 13. It is only those who are become Sons of God — set free from slavery to sin that then go on to enjoy the benefits of God's Love for man in Jesus Christ - John 15 vs 9 - 11. undecided
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by pressplay411(m): 1:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The same Paul who said faith comes by hearing also informed you in Romans 2 vs 12 - 16 that Faith does make one right with God. So, be very careful with the interpretation you give that soundbite extracted from the letters of Paul as the writer's message is only made clear when his words are considered in the context they were presented in. undecided

2. Jesus Christ only makes one righteous by the standard that is the Old Law of Moses - Salvation from Death which is resolved with the gifting of Eternal life aka grace. Jesus Christ, however, does not resolve the sin debt which you carry over from the Old Law nor does He grant you righteousness by the standard that is God's New Covenant and Constitution in the Kingdom of God. That you have to work towards obtaining for yourself through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ — faith - John 8 vs 31 - 44 & Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Matthew 10 vs 22 & Mark 13 vs 13. It is only those who are become Sons of God — set free from slavery to sin that then go on to enjoy the benefits of God's Love for man in Jesus Christ - John 15 vs 9 - 11. undecided

Good day sir,
I believe you have a good knowledge of the synoptic gospels and sincere Faith in them.

The Goal of Faith truly is to make us Obedient to God's commands. Which is why Jesus Christ humbled Himself in Obedience. Philippians 2:8

But you cannot restrict yourself to the synoptic gospels alone.
That is similar to the Jews who limited themselves to the Old testament and rejected the new testament and till day still waiting for the Christ.

You have to go beyond the synoptic gospel.
Jesus Christ (Wisdom of God) is the whole Gospel.

1.Old Testament
2. New Testament (Synoptic gospels, Acts, Epistles of the Apostles and Revelation).

And the Spirit of Christ (Holy Spirit) is the only One who can give Understanding (Revelation).

That, is the Mystery of knowing God, the Father.

Prov.4.7 - Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.

Let me interprete this.
Wisdom is the Principal thing, therefore Get Wisdom.
-means Believe and have Faith in Jesus Christ through prayer and studying the Word of God.

And in all your getting, get understanding.
-means be passionate about receiving the Holyspirit and being led by Him.

Please, God sees your heart.
He knows why you're seeking Him.

He knows our intentions.
Only when the intention is right will he trust you and commit himself to you. John 2:24-25
Some of our intentions seem right to us, but He knows when it is truly right.

Pray to Him to search your heart.
Pray to Him to make your heart right with Him.
Ask for Forgiveness and Mercy.
Pray to Him that you want to know Him- The Way, the Truth and the Life.
Be Patient. He has already answered you from the moment you ask whenever we pray according to His will.

It's His Will that we all come into Eternal Life.

John.17.3 - And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Rom.11.36 - For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:48pm On Mar 19, 2023
Faith is simply the use and relyance of knowledge.

It is by faith you entered a plane to fly in it, for the first time or you traveled with God is Good Motors for the first time from Abuja to Calabar.

Most things are done by faith people are not just aware of what they are doing.
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
pressplay411:
■ Good day sir, I believe you have a good knowledge of the synoptic gospels and sincere Faith in them. The Goal of Faith truly is to make us Obedient to God's commands. Which is why Jesus Christ humbled Himself in Obedience.
■ But you cannot restrict yourself to the synoptic gospels alone. That is similar to the Jews who limited themselves to the Old testament and rejected the new testament and till day still waiting for the Christ.

You have to go beyond the synoptic gospel.
Jesus Christ (Wisdom of God) is the whole Gospel.

1.Old Testament
2. New Testament (Synoptic gospels, Acts, Epistles of the Apostles and Revelation).
1. Wrong! The goal of faith isn't to make you obedient. Instead Faith is itself the living of a life of obedience. And no, you do not have faith in the synoptic Godspels. Instead your faith is in God's Law --- the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

2. Jesus Christ Himself warned you not to mix Old Wine with New wine. The Old wine happens to be the Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan while the New Wine is instead the Constitution in God's Special Nation of Priests aka the Kingdom of God. Jesus Christ came to call His followers to the Kingdom of God. Not to the Nation of Israel. So it is against Him that you attempt to abide by both Laws. undecided

You need to decide whether you will listen to Jesus Christ or continue to pick around in tye dark pretending you do so in His name. undecided
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
pressplay411:

Good day sir,
I believe you have a good knowledge of the synoptic gospels and sincere Faith in them...

Kobojunkie is a devil most of the things he says today are a corrupt version of the things I say and always said.

Even this his mad restriction to the what people wrongly call new testament, he got it from me. But he is a devil and a serpent And as you can see via Genesis and Job and the temptation of The Lord, Satan can sometimes speak the Truth but like he did to Eve, it would lead to your death!
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by pressplay411(m): 2:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Wrong! The goal of faith isn't to make you obedient. Instead Faith is itself the living of a life of obedience. And no, you do not have faith in the synoptic Godspels. Instead your faith is in God's Law --- the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

2. Jesus Christ Himself warned you not to mix Old Wine with New wine. The Old wine happens to be the Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan while the New Wine is instead the Constitution in God's Special Nation of Priests aka the Kingdom of God. Jesus Christ came to call His followers to the Kingdom of God. Not to the Nation of Israel. So it is against Him that you attempt to abide by both Laws. undecided

You need to decide whether you will listen to Jesus Christ or continue to pick around in tye dark pretending you do so in His name. undecided

I have said, all that needs to be said sir.
He that has an ear, let him hear.
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by pressplay411(m): 2:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Kobojunkie is a devil most of the things he says today are a corrupt version of the things I say and always said.

Even this his mad restriction to the what people wrongly call new testament, he got it from me. But he is a devil and a serpent And as you can see via Genesis and Job and the temptation of The Lord, Satan can sometimes speak the Truth but like he did to Eve, it would lead to your death!

Thanks for sharing sir.
We can only minister, it is God who calls and saves.
And our portion is eternal life in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by Kobojunkie: 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
pressplay411:
■ I have said, all that needs to be said sir.
He that has an ear, let him hear.
1. All you did was spew religious doctrines back at me as though by doing so you can overrule Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

Again, Jesus Christ called His disciples as citizens of the Nation separate from God's Nation of Israel and He gave the Way to the commanding them to abide by it. You don't abide(faith) by the Law of the Land in order to become obedient. No, obedience is a choice you make when you decide to abide by the Law of the Land. Instead, you abide by the Law in order that you may reap the benefits of your citizenship in the land by it. undecided

And yes, Faith without works(obedience) is meaningless. In the same way faith without trust(submission) is vain. undecided
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by orisa37: 6:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
FAITH, HOPE, PEACE AND LOVE ARE LAWS OF THE LORD FOR HUMANS AND THE GREATEST OF THE FOUR IS LOVE.
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by orisa37: 6:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
THE SUMMARY OF THE LAWS OF GOD FOR HUMANS IS LOVE YOURSELVES AS YOURSELVES. LET US WAIT AND SEE HOW TINUBU WILL PRACTICALISE THIS WHEN HE GETS TO OFFICE.
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by orisa37: 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2023
FAITH IS SEEING IS BELIEVING. HOPE IS BELIEVING IS SEEING, SO DON'T BITE THE FINGERS THAT FEED YOU.
Re: Faith Is All We Need But What Is Faith? by Maximus692(m): 10:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
Real faith can only be verified through the demonstration of a group upholding the same line of thought as they're working with assurance that what they believe will come true! Hebrews 11:1
So it's not easy to figure out faith in individuals whose intentions are not known! Hebrews 11:6

(1) (Reply)

The Night Pastor Adeboye Was Moved To Tears / Is There Any Fact To Prove Islam Is Not Terrorism In Disguise / Atheists Do Not Believe In A God Or Gods, What About Ghosts And Spirits?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.