Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate (37162 Views)

Coronavirus: Obaseki Awaits Test Result After Contact With Kyari, Bala Mohammed / Sowore Rejects Apostle Suleman’s Bail Offer / Fela Durotoye Cautioning A ‘Big Man’ To Join The Queue At Abuja Airport (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by jpphilips(m): 10:44am On Aug 31, 2018
misano:
Presidential aspirant, Omoyele Sowore has rejected the PACT result after Fela Durotoye emerged as consensus candidate.
According to the Sowore’s campaign organization, the party never participated in the straw poll.

Durotoye who was part of PACT (Presidential Aspirants Coming Together), emerged as the consensus candidate at the party’s meeting on Thursday, beating the likes of former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Deputy Governor Kingsley Moghalu and Omoyele Sowore, publisher of Sahara Reporters.

Sowore who should by virtue of the result withdraw his candidacy and support Durotoye said in a statement that he was not part of the selection process.

“On Thursday, the Presidential Aspirants Coming Together (PACT) selected a Consensus Candidate from amongst the aspirants who participated in the straw poll. The TakeItBack Movement and our convener, Omoyele Sowore, were not part of this action,” the statement read.

In the statement signed by Dr Malcolm Fabiyi, the Director General Sowore2019 Campaign, it said: “Our position at the TakeItBack Movement has always been that a United Front of progressive forces is essential for wresting power from the status quo politicians. We believe that our voices are stronger together. As we’ve stated previously, the successful cooperative struggle which several youth presidential aspirants participated in, to extend the voter registration exercise, clearly demonstrates the power of a United Front.

“However, we have also been very clear in our position, that the choice of who becomes the leader of almost 200 million Nigerians should not be determined by only about a dozen people, in a nation of 180 million persons. As democrats and progressives, we believe that leaders should emerge, only through a transparent process that allows the millions of Nigerians that are yearning for national development and transformative leadership, to have their say in electing their own representatives, in free and fair party primaries and eventually at the national polls in February 2019.

“Our unwavering commitment is to a fair and transparent democratic process that includes party primaries and coalition building. As all the political parties stage their legislative, gubernatorial and presidential primaries between now and October 7th, 2018, we enjoin all Nigerians who desire national transformation to participate actively in the political process by joining political parties or competing for elective positions.

“For those seeking a political platform that stands solidly with the Nigerian people and is not aligned with either of the twin evils – the APC and PDP – that have ravaged Nigeria for decades, we invite you to join us in the African Action Congress.

“The democratic process is about more than just the presidency; it is our aim to fill elected offices across Nigeria, from councillorship to the Presidency, with young men and women who are tired of the status quo and are truly primed to reclaim Nigeria.

“We have heavily subsidised our nomination form fees to give brilliant and progressive minds across the country a chance to make their mark on Nigeria. Our complete fee exemptions for the disabled, youth corpers, honourably-discharged defence personnel and serving or retired teachers, nurses and emergency service workers, prove that we are committed to building a greater Nigeria.

“The TakeItBack Movement and the African Action Congress party are committed to creating a Nigeria that works for all, not a select few. We thank all the millions of Nigerians that have supported our campaign for transformation thus far.

“The road ahead of us remains a long and arduous one. With your continuing support, we will remain steadfast in demanding a fair and equitable nation, that works for all Nigerians.

“Onward together! Let’s TakeItBack with action and determination!!”

Source:

https://naijaroko.com/2018/08/31/omoyele-sowore-rejects-pact-results-after-fela-durotoye-emerged-as-consensus-candidate/

He can't win ordinary PACT nomination yet he thinks unseating buhari is child's play? self deception is the worst disease of mankind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by Elendubenjamin: 10:48am On Aug 31, 2018
Kingsley Moghalu stands a better chance than Fela. That's my take anyway.
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by Arkayn: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2018
reingoff:
Sowore has started exhibiting the characteristics of a typical Nigerian politician

Working for Buhari, are you Fake News!!! Sowore was never part of the PACT!

1 Like

Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by keneck1: 10:58am On Aug 31, 2018
Spatta:
Sowore is very smart, He attended the meeting of PACT and sensed that it was being sponsored by the Old corrupt guards, he stated in his video that he took a decision right there and then not to be part of the arrangement of the recycled old Politicians

AAC is the party to beat, they have become really popular, Sowore was busy Travelling around Nigeria and and the international countries meeting Nigerians and engaging stakeholders personally, while some of the aspirant in PACT were just online and and others dreaming to become President

Sowore did a huge consulting of Nigerians and traveled extensively he is more popular than all the candidate and well accepted both in the North and South because of his rare Boldness unlike the other chicken hearted aspirants

If they make a Mistake in choosing a less popular candidate, the old corrupt people might continue their jamboree

Fela is not as accepted as Sowore, He is just interested in his fashion wrapped up in his own Image, Fela is a like Saul, a King from central casting, he does not posses what it takes to take Nigeria out of the present rottenness

He is Just concerned about His suits and posing online. Not really because he loves Nigeria

Mogalu in his rejection Justified why Sowore is not a party to the Pact. Take it back is still leading in the race for 2019

I wish to inform members of my “To Build A Nation” (TBAN) movement, the Kingsley Moghalu Support Organisation (KIMSO) nationwide, the Kingsley Moghalu Volunteer Force, Youth for Kingsley (Y4K), Women for Kingsley (W4K), Kingsley Moghalu Disciples, the Young Progressive Party (YPP) and my other supporters nationwide and in the diaspora that I am pressing ahead with my plan to contest the 2019 presidential election.

This is despite the arrangement for a consensus candidate among the young presidential aspirants under the aegis of Presidential Aspirants Coming Together (PACT), which today produced an outcome that has left many Nigerians expressing surprise and disappointment.

The reasons I have pulled out of the PACT arrangement are as follows:

1. The arrangement had unravelled even before the final selection of the consensus candidate. Only seven aspirants participated in the final voting out of the original 18 aspirants, mainly because many of the aspirants had withdrawn from the process. Four candidates who were present in the meeting this morning withdrew from the process even while the voting process was ongoing. Therefore, PACT did not produce a truly consensus candidate.

2. Clause 13 of the PACT Memorandum of Understanding asserts the supremacy of the constitutional rights of the aspirants to pursue their political aspirations.

I therefore have chosen to continue without distraction to pursue my vision in the presidential race for 2019 in the national interest and in deference to the overwhelming outpouring of support for my candidacy from all parts of Nigeria.

I will remain focused on the objective of providing a competent leadership that will help unite our country and build a nation, wage a decisive war against poverty and unemployment, and restore respect for Nigeria in the society of nations.

It is my humble and well-considered view that the Office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria requires competence and experience in these three vital areas.

Thank you.

Kingsley Moghalu
Presidential Aspirant, Young Progressive Party"
Enyi forget this your grammar this guys are jokers,social media and town hall meetings don't win elections structures do,I repeat this guys are jokers
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by keneck1: 11:03am On Aug 31, 2018
Desmog21:

Keep quite man. Stop saying what you don't know!!!

Sowore was never part of PACT. Only 19 members of the 23 Presidential Aspirants signed the MOU( Sowore was not among) and vote were casted and Fela was produced

This is what we called Click Bait
Sowore didn't reject any result because he was not part of the process

Anything that can drive traffic to your site..be it fake
Advise your So wore to drop from his high horse and go and start his political career from contesting for councillorship position.A joker he is.
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2018
Rajosh:
I think Moghalu will step down and support Durotoye. That's why I'm voting for Durotoye. but if Moghalu doesn't step down, I'll vote for him.
Infact the 3 of them, talking about Moghalu, Fela and Sowore are material!

But their pact will yield a better result if they rally round Moghalu!

Anyways I wish them the very best! I believe any of them will make Nigeria better than what it is today!
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by keneck1: 11:11am On Aug 31, 2018
sowore2019:
The Book of Chronicles, Chapter Sowore Vs PACT. Written by Adeyeye Olorunfemi

For the avoidance of doubt and to clear the air about some claims that Sowore is claiming a larger-than-life status, it is important to state that neither Sowore nor the TakeItBack Movement is scared of a Selection Process for a Consensus Candidate to lead the revolutionary charge of over 100 million young people of Nigeria. But our perspective to this United Front remains that people must be guided ideologically. We are not 'entitled' to power because we are young. We must TAKE power because we are responsible and we would be responsible for it.

It is in this clarity, I would highlight the actions and inactions of the Movement chronologically.

- *The Movement dodged the CUPP bullet by refusing to answer the call of 5 member parties who were calling tirelessly for Sowore to declare under their platforms.*

- *The Movement ALLOWED its Convener to be part of the PACT Meeting of July 31st.*

- *The Convener, Omoyele Sowore portrayed the qualities of a leader who is not bigger than the Movement by giving a report of the meeting to the Movement.*

- *Weeks after, the Working Committee of TiB then released a Statement citing concerns about the selection process and giving recommendations to PACT on how best this working alliance could serve the oppressed Nigerians who are yearning for good representation.*

- *PACT never replied to address these concerns. Instead an article titled 'Is Sowore working to destabilize the 2019 Youth Consensus Agenda?' rented the air.*

- What were the concerns raised?

1. *Concerns about Commitment to support ANY consensus candidate that emerges: We note that several of the members of PACT belong to CUPP or are members of the PDP. As a movement, we cannot commit to a process that would require that our movement should support ANY candidate with direct or indirect ties to the PDP.*

2. *Concerns that the selection process excludes the Nigerian people: As a progressive movement we believe the Nigerian people should have a say in who their leaders should be. Instead of a process that places the fate of Nigerians in the hands of less than 20 people.*

- What recommendations were given ?

OUR RECOMMENDATION FOR THE WAY FORWARD TO A DEMOCRATIC CONSENSUS

1. *Continue with party primaries: The 17 youth presidential candidates belong to about 6 political parties, including PDP, YPP, ANN, ANRP, AAC and others. After the party primaries, which must all end by October 7th, based on the INEC timetable, the number of contestants would have been reduced through a democratic process to no more than 6 candidates.*

2. *Evaluate strength of party organization through the congresses and party convention: A consensus youth candidate that will defeat the APC and PDP must have a formidable level of support, structure and organization. The party primaries will allow Nigerians to observe the organizational capabilities of all the candidates.*

3. *Coalition Building Efforts are Continuing: We have continued to drive forward with our efforts for a United Front, not just with PACT, but with other political parties and organizations. We are glad to announce that Change Nigeria Party (CNP) is now part of our Coalition. Talks are ongoing with two additional parties - the radical section of NCP and NAC.*

In my understanding , the Movement maintained that to have a Consensus Candidate that would rebel against these old guards, such candidate must show capacity and political capital.
This must be a candidate that can mobilize 1000 people without sweating or paying through his or her nose.
This should not be a candidate that can't attend his party Congress for the fear of a 'masquerade'.

Great Nigerian Youths! It is not for us to rejoice that the United Front isn't working NOW. Maybe ww do not know. We are not doing either Sowore or any other young aspirant a 'favour' by supporting them. Remember it is OUR COUNTRY and FUTURE.

Now that the cards are scattered, I am of the opinion that for a United Front, we would have to go back to the drawing board considering the above recommendations of the TakeItBack Movement open-mindedly.

Haven been the seer in the political sphere for some time now, Sowore should be trusted by Nigerians for his discerning mind to deliver good governance.
By now we should be sure that he would always be AWARE uBianlike Buhari.
Bia enyi this is grammar you are speaking neither of those guys have what it takes to win house of assembly elections, let them go and start from somewhere at least councillorship in their various local government areas jokers.
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by BluntBoy(m): 11:17am On Aug 31, 2018
Sowore should stop wasting his time. Neither he nor Durotoye can ever beat Buhari.
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by BluntBoy(m): 11:20am On Aug 31, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Infact the 3 of them, talking about Moghalu, Fela and Sowore are material!

But their pact will yield a better result if they rally round Moghalu!

Anyways I wish them the very best! I believe any of them will make Nigeria better than what it is today!

They are all wasting their time. They can never beat even Nuhu Ribadu, let alone Buhari.
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by mechanics(m): 11:23am On Aug 31, 2018
Why did he not talk before the action was taken?
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:24am On Aug 31, 2018
BluntBoy:

They are all wasting their time. They can never beat even Nuhu Ribadu, let alone Buhari.
Nuhu Ribadu hmmmm that one still dey

1 Like

Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by BluntBoy(m): 11:39am On Aug 31, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Nuhu Ribadu hmmmm that one still dey
grin

1 Like

Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by jpphilips(m): 11:44am On Aug 31, 2018
cooldood:
This is why even the so called youths of this country are not ready for progress or change. You did not issue any statement before the PACT election that you are no longer part of it, immediately the results are coming out/ finally out you now quickly withdraw. Same traits of desperate old cargoes. If the so called elders of this country are inept, and the youths can not organize themselves, then the country called Nigeria is doomed and set for perdition.

When folks like us told folks like you that age has never been a problem of leadership in Nigeria, did you agree? how old was Ibori in 1999? How old was Donald Duke in 1999? how old was Dimeji bankole during his reign? were they able to better their individual microcosms?

These gangs of charlatans parading as saviour of the youths have nothing to offer except their age, how old is Donald Trump? Theresa May? Xi Jinping? Beji Caid Essebsi? why are there no youthful uprisings in these countries if age of leadership is a problem? there are no noise because they are sensible enough to know that so long as their president can attend to what needs to be attended to then case closed, in Nigeria, as result of a plethora of low IQs parading as youths, they allowed themselves to be sold a dummy that their development lies in the hands of unpatriotic youths, with no pedigree to support that warped theory, the result is a polity "disrupted" by an empty Sowore, an individual that spent most of his life in the media yet he doesn't understand why the Nigerian political economy will not support a 100k minimum wage, or Duro that thinks Nigeria is a country in space. one of his supporters in their usual "do you know he was former CBN hogwash" was asked, as a youth aspiring to take power, what are the duties of a CBN deputy governor? till date, the low IQ has not used his twitter account, such is the level of emptiness drowning the youth both at the leadership and followership level, in the east another charlatan kanu is there selling his dummy, everywhere you go in this country, the emptiness of the youth is a huge problem, yet they want to lead with their emptiness?

with a false sense of phantasmagoria, individuals with no idea how a country should work are heating up the polity with nothing but age to offer, God will help us!!
For fvcks sake!! I don't care about how old you are, just explain changes you will make at the macro economics level in the country, a deviation from what is being done presently, is that too much to ask?

Stop telling !diots you will give them jobs, most of them are not employable anyways!! explain to sane minds your strategy for Job creation, Sowore said he will turn Nigeria to a construction site to create jobs for the youths but forgot that for us to hit a 20% capital expenditure in our budget, Nigeria is already on a debt red line, if so, where will he get the funding for that? Did he care to say? or his inebriated audience even forgot to ask? so much for Youthful logic.
Don't tell me tax, you can't tax the headquarters of poverty more than it is now, anything beyond where we are today is a violent implosion, does Sowore know that?

What is the wage bill of the federal government? Sowore does not know but he will just dole out 100k minimum wage to them, according to him, the money is there waiting to be spent, just imagine a brainless kangaroo aspiring to be president. Just give him a second to communicate he starts chanting Aluta like one warming up for a riot. Defeat the status quo with your strategy, it is a mental fight not confraternity fight or other clandestine uninspiring good times of a misspent youth.

Donald trump said in 2016 that he will reduce corporate tax, swell profit for corporations then in return they will create more jobs through expansions, Clinton doubted it, even accused him of planning to enrich his billionaire friends, he took power in Jan the next year, launched his tax plan, unemployment fell from 5% to 3.9%, now the figures are talking not Trump, remind me again, how old is trump that he wields such brilliant strategy?

In Nigeria, a brainless !diot with no plan, no strategy, just empty head with promising age, tells his fellow nitwits to support him for presidency, spit!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by Follygunners: 11:45am On Aug 31, 2018
pxjosh:

As expected, you must be here. Like you don't have a life outside Nairaland.

I thought I was the only one to notice or realize how annoying the dude is. He's so gayish and such an azz licker... angry
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by breakeven: 11:46am On Aug 31, 2018
Now they are behaving like the politicians they want to take over from.
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by jomoh: 11:48am On Aug 31, 2018
kunmiiii:

Lol, I've always said the same thing, Activism isn't the same as leadership, but they came for my head, dude is confused and just an average politician, if not worst sef.

See the way he's displaying gadgets, I'm pretty sure he will be running the country on social media and internet if he wins.

Another common sense media president.

He hasn’t even presented anything to the nation as points in his for his consideration.
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by jpphilips(m): 11:57am On Aug 31, 2018
BluntBoy:
Sowore should stop wasting his time. Neither he nor Durotoye can ever beat Buhari.

you are not even talking about unseating their LGA councilors you are talking about buhari? Seriously are they running against buhari for real?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by BluntBoy(m): 11:59am On Aug 31, 2018
jpphilips:

you are not even talking about unseating their LGA councilors you are talking about buhari? Seriously are they running against buhari for real?

grin
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2018
misano:
Presidential aspirant, Omoyele Sowore has rejected the PACT result after Fela Durotoye emerged as consensus candidate.
According to the Sowore’s campaign organization, the party never participated in the straw poll.

Durotoye who was part of PACT (Presidential Aspirants Coming Together), emerged as the consensus candidate at the party’s meeting on Thursday, beating the likes of former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Deputy Governor Kingsley Moghalu and Omoyele Sowore, publisher of Sahara Reporters.

Sowore who should by virtue of the result withdraw his candidacy and support Durotoye said in a statement that he was not part of the selection process.

“On Thursday, the Presidential Aspirants Coming Together (PACT) selected a Consensus Candidate from amongst the aspirants who participated in the straw poll. The TakeItBack Movement and our convener, Omoyele Sowore, were not part of this action,” the statement read.

In the statement signed by Dr Malcolm Fabiyi, the Director General Sowore2019 Campaign, it said: “Our position at the TakeItBack Movement has always been that a United Front of progressive forces is essential for wresting power from the status quo politicians. We believe that our voices are stronger together. As we’ve stated previously, the successful cooperative struggle which several youth presidential aspirants participated in, to extend the voter registration exercise, clearly demonstrates the power of a United Front.

“However, we have also been very clear in our position, that the choice of who becomes the leader of almost 200 million Nigerians should not be determined by only about a dozen people, in a nation of 180 million persons. As democrats and progressives, we believe that leaders should emerge, only through a transparent process that allows the millions of Nigerians that are yearning for national development and transformative leadership, to have their say in electing their own representatives, in free and fair party primaries and eventually at the national polls in February 2019.

“Our unwavering commitment is to a fair and transparent democratic process that includes party primaries and coalition building. As all the political parties stage their legislative, gubernatorial and presidential primaries between now and October 7th, 2018, we enjoin all Nigerians who desire national transformation to participate actively in the political process by joining political parties or competing for elective positions.

“For those seeking a political platform that stands solidly with the Nigerian people and is not aligned with either of the twin evils – the APC and PDP – that have ravaged Nigeria for decades, we invite you to join us in the African Action Congress.

“The democratic process is about more than just the presidency; it is our aim to fill elected offices across Nigeria, from councillorship to the Presidency, with young men and women who are tired of the status quo and are truly primed to reclaim Nigeria.

“We have heavily subsidised our nomination form fees to give brilliant and progressive minds across the country a chance to make their mark on Nigeria. Our complete fee exemptions for the disabled, youth corpers, honourably-discharged defence personnel and serving or retired teachers, nurses and emergency service workers, prove that we are committed to building a greater Nigeria.

“The TakeItBack Movement and the African Action Congress party are committed to creating a Nigeria that works for all, not a select few. We thank all the millions of Nigerians that have supported our campaign for transformation thus far.

“The road ahead of us remains a long and arduous one. With your continuing support, we will remain steadfast in demanding a fair and equitable nation, that works for all Nigerians.

“Onward together! Let’s TakeItBack with action and determination!!”

Source:

https://naijaroko.com/2018/08/31/omoyele-sowore-rejects-pact-results-after-fela-durotoye-emerged-as-consensus-candidate/

little idiots.
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by Arkayn: 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2018
PrecisionFx:

little idiots.

Fake News!!!

Sowore was never part of PACT!!! Stop Lying

Sowore / Moghalu 2019

1 Like

Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Permit me to say this! You guys stand a better chance with Kingsley Moghalu!

Nigeria needs someone with his vast of experience to pull us out of this mess right now!

I just hope that he is strong enough to withstand these old politicians that does not want Nigeria to work due to their selfish reasons!
I support moghalu ......for real sowere have show DAT he can't be trusted
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2018
lamidebaby:
I'm disappointed in this guy joor.
If he had won will he be saying this?
Nor mind am joo
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by earnvest: 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2018
joeyswift:
After speaking all the English, he couldn't even emerge as the party's candidate.

Funny you should say that while trying to sound intelligent. The PACT is not a political party and Durotoye is still a presidential aspirant under his party (ANN). It's what makes this consensus thing laughable at this point (the hastiness is very suspect).

1 Like

Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by earnvest: 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2018
mechanics:
Why did he not talk before the action was taken?

He's been in the U.S for the past three days with a town hall event in Dallas later today. He stopped engagements with the PACT right after the PACT members refused to join the protest at the INEC office for the extension of voters' registration. His message has been consistent and is in the public domain.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by earnvest: 12:33pm On Aug 31, 2018
jpphilips:

He can't win ordinary PACT nomination yet he thinks unseating buhari is child's play? self deception is the worst disease of mankind.

Please try to find information before making conclusions. This PACT consensus 'candidate' doesn't even mean much to me because Durotoye still needs to become his party's (ANN) eventual presidential candidate before any of this can make sense. He's still just a presidential aspirant.
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by earnvest: 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2018
vivaciousvivi:
I have an issue with what i just read and most of the commentators on Page 1.
This is my own understanding:
A few weeks ago, Fela had actually introduced Sowore as "The next Nigerian President" in a viral video that took place at the airport.
I guess it was my erroneous understanding that that Fela was automatically backing Sowore as a running mate should.
Why then would he choose to run for President behind Sowore's back?

Sowore agreed had acted like he didn't want to be fully backing a process that seemed to be funded by / supported by old political money. He also paved the way for the process to continue without him and he shouldn't come here and cry wolf.

This was a party that was hog full of intellectuals and respected individuals who more or less exhibited levels of maturity, willingness for a more inclusive, young and vibrant members and most importantly; transparency as to the true source of their wealth.I am quite appalled that within their ranks this is already showing cracks in the wall and not a good look for them at all.

Wrong. PACT = Presidential Aspirants Coming Together. It is not a party and all the members are just presidential aspirants in their respective parties. The fact that a number of them met to pick a consensus 'candidate' doesn't even make sense at this stage. Durotoye has only exposed himself to the machinations of the APC - expect trouble within his ANN very soon.
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by Yankee101: 12:43pm On Aug 31, 2018
Sowore actually thinks he is popular. There us a difference between being infamous and famous
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2018
earnvest:

Wrong. PACT = Presidential Aspirants Coming Together. It is not a party and all the members are just presidential aspirants in their respective parties. The fact that a number of them met to pick a consensus 'candidate' doesn't even make sense at this stage. Durotoye has only exposed himself to the machinations of the APC - expect trouble within his ANN very soon.

Got it!
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by mavisolyn(f): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2018
You see, it very easy to condemn, criticize.... Instead of you to support the chosen one you..... why is it so difficult to accept defeat? na wa o
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by Youngsage: 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2018
jomoh:
The guy is even confused.

Operating phone with one hand, iPad on the other hand and laptop in the middle.

Very unpresidential picture.

This comment killed me cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by Youngsage: 1:22pm On Aug 31, 2018
tijehi:
They had Kingsley but voted Fela.....lol.......first massive fail.

Why do you think so, if I may ask?
Re: Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate by jpphilips(m): 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2018
earnvest:

Please try to find information before making conclusions. This PACT consensus 'candidate' doesn't even mean much to me because Durotoye still needs to become his party's (ANN) eventual presidential candidate before any of this can make sense. He's still just a presidential aspirant.

Is Sowore Allergic to PACT nomination? someone that couldn't boast of such low level popularity is warming up to be president, do you really know what a presidential race means? continue deceiving him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. / Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains / Corper Working As INEC Ad-hoc Staff Beaten Mercilessly By Thugs In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.