Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu (23481 Views)

I Am A Labour Man And I'll Remain A Labour Man- Patrick Eholor. / 'if I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ekweremadu / Photos Of Ike Ekweremadu's House Blocked By Armed Police In Abuja. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by Blackfire(m): 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2018
Stay there and become Mugabe.

4 Likes

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by Pvin: 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2018
forever is not possible

3 Likes

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by cabilla(m): 1:05pm On Aug 31, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

Misleading headline

He has done well

So he deserves more than that

I recently visited North Korea last week and a family has been ruling over them for decades

Yet, his people aren't complaining

Nigerians should please be patient and contented

Our leaders are working out plans

Everything will be OK one day
ur papa dia

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by judeodion(m): 1:05pm On Aug 31, 2018
If you like, you'll remain in the Senate forever... I guess that's what the native doctor that did your charms told you. Mr Man, your confidence in babalawa and sacrifice is probably too much. We're praying and things are changing.
Lizzysamuel:
From Zenithnaija.com

Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has said he could remain in the senate for the rest of his life if he so wishes saying he's always in touch with his constituents, and could easily win elections.

He spoke on Thursday at Sheraton Hotel at a public dialogue organised by the #NotTooYoungToRun movement, a youth group that successfully lobbied for the passage of a new law that reduced the age of qualification for political office across the country.

“I’m in total touch with my people and that is why if I want to remain in senate forever, I will” Ekweremadu told young aspirants on the platform of PDP.
“PDP is not a home for urban politicians, for young people. If you want to participate in politics, you have to pay your dues and the best place to pay your dues is your local community. That is where we all started from. Don’t think you will go to the House of Reps or House of Assembly by running around Wadada Plaza, it’s not going to work” he said.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/if-i-want-ill-remain-in-the-senate-forever-ike-ekweremadu/

2 Likes

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2018
incompetent fo.ol, does that position look like his inheritance, why can't these ancestors die and leave leadership for the youths? what sort of nonsense are all these.

4 Likes

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by Afamed: 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

So you of all people know of contextualization? cheesy

So you knew all along that context is important on issues? Wonders shall never end cheesy
He will only remember of contextualization when the narratives favour him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by kasheemawo(m): 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2018
This statement confirm that Biafra can never be achieved anymore

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by slivertongue: 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2018
Are you sure you will win in 2019?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by senatordave1(m): 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2018
Goldenheart002:
No, you won't and u can't
Hes doing this because he heard mark and james manager are also going back to the senate.hes competing with them.he sees himself as king of enugu west.this is one reason apc is better than pdp.apc opens up the political space and gives fresh people political opportunities unlike pdp that is gerontocratic.those controlling pdp are those that have been around since 1999.this is pure arrogance and impunity from ike.he should allow his boy toby okechukwu a chance.hopefully,osita will defeat him.
Ekweremmadu reminds me of the minister from nanka in the book "a man of the people".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by JBL316: 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2018
This guy is high on expired alabukun mixed with tramadol in codeine juice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by orisa37: 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2018
That's The Spirit.

1 Like

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by Jmk9292(m): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2018
misleading headline

1 Like

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by Boss13: 1:13pm On Aug 31, 2018
He is certainly not in touch with his Constituents but those who can rig election for him. That’s what he means. He is very experienced and seem to know what he is saying.

These are the power grabbers that are putting their selfish interest above Nigeria. They will never do anything that would make Nigeria better and put them in a disadvantage position.

Hence, Nigeria should forget about free and fair election in a long while.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by ckenneths(m): 1:13pm On Aug 31, 2018
He should stay there forever, he is too good.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by drsmiley: 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2018
I mark your word and I will still remind you later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by ckenneths(m): 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2018
Boss13:
He is certainly not in touch with his Constituents but those who can rig election for him. That’s what he means. He is very experienced and seem to know what he is saying.

These are the power grabbers that are putting their selfish interest above Nigeria. They will never do anything that would make Nigeria better and put them in a disadvantage position.

Ike Ekweremadu is too close to his people, he has no substitute.
Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by WizzyDollar(m): 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2018
Since it is now ur birthright and inheritance,,u can as well die there and be buried there
when u get to hell,u continue as a senator in devil's cabinet

Mtcheeewwwww..... angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by Yankee101: 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2018
When God has been merciful towards you and you begin to think it's by your power....i think you might have reached your Zenith for trying to take the glory

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by pastormellanby: 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2018
The only man of integrity since pdp is the best party even goat can contest and win over dere.
Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by MicroSweet(m): 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2018
This is blasphemy! Why can't we unite and kick this dude outta the chambers. Only in Nigeria!! Delusion of grandeur things.

6 Likes

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by dotcomnamename: 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2018
Lol

1 Like

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by Dollabiz: 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2018
Die there then

2 Likes

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by NASTYNASOSO: 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

Misleading headline

He has done well

So he deserves more than that

I recently visited North Korea last week and a family has been ruling over them for decades

Yet, his people aren't complaining

Nigerians should please be patient and contented

Our leaders are working out plans

Everything will be OK one day

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

SHUT UP YOU ARE JUST ONE OF NIGERIA'S PROBLEM

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by Meritocracy: 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2018
Over to the IPOB youth in his constituency who want to remove Buhari while overlooked this one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by Butterflyleo: 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2018
GavelSlam:
PDP is not a home for urban politicians, for young people.

grin

Talk about an own goal grin

Remind me what saraki said at the not too young to run convention yesterday? cheesy

PDP a party of liars and deceivers.

Ekweremadu will claim that was a slip of tongue.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by IchBinBrait(m): 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2018
vedaxcool:
This is the best IPoB juwus rejected by Israel have to offer a crooked imbeciles!! That wants to restrict the tenure of governors and presidents but sees nothing wrong in perpetually being in the senate despite failing to advance the interest of his people. I laugh in Hebrew Aramaic at the foolishness of IPoB juwus rejected by Israel who can't figure their leaders have little interest in their progress. grin grin grin

What are you saying naa??
Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by WizJesus007(m): 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2018
Lizzysamuel:
From Zenithnaija.com

Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has said he could remain in the senate for the rest of his life if he so wishes saying he's always in touch with his constituents, and could easily win elections.

He spoke on Thursday at Sheraton Hotel at a public dialogue organised by the #NotTooYoungToRun movement, a youth group that successfully lobbied for the passage of a new law that reduced the age of qualification for political office across the country.

“I’m in total touch with my people and that is why if I want to remain in senate forever, I will” Ekweremadu told young aspirants on the platform of PDP.
“PDP is not a home for urban politicians, for young people. If you want to participate in politics, you have to pay your dues and the best place to pay your dues is your local community. That is where we all started from. Don’t think you will go to the House of Reps or House of Assembly by running around Wadada Plaza, it’s not going to work” he said.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/if-i-want-ill-remain-in-the-senate-forever-ike-ekweremadu/

Based on say na ur Anku House abi?...him wan personalize sumtin meant for nugerians...sha ah no blame yu ...Yu don high so tey tink say na IPOB Nation!

4 Likes

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by hopexter(m): 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2018
nero2face:
Ekweremadu ur Mad sad sad,

Extremely mad for such utterance if he truly said it angry

5 Likes

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 31, 2018
Shey na you get Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: 'If I Want, I'll Remain In The Senate Forever' - Ike Ekweremadu by HillsBlaze(m): 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2018
Some people will not read the contents but will run along like bitches on heat to make disparaging comments. Just see them up� there embarrassing there school teachers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Stops Kano Assembly From Probing Ganduje / Why Buhari Made A U-turn On Legislators’ Jumbo Pay – Presidency / Babajide Sanwo-olu Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.