Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor (23103 Views)

How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? / The New Hippocratic Oath. / 15 Things You Don’t Know About The Hippocratic Oath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor by worlexy(m): 9:53am On Sep 02, 2018
Jonathan:

So many miserable fools on the internet...
People just type rubbish without using their brain... It's a shame.

Did u read the part where they offered ẹ-payments?
You're as daft as your name. Only a fool like you will believe that two different hospitals will reject e payment. The OP has given you lies and fabrication to masturbate on, enjoy your orgasm
Re: Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor by Phoenix6278(m): 9:55am On Sep 02, 2018
Sweeping generalisations and strong opinions. It is really sad that a life was lost.
We are also tired of the system ; undervalued , overworked. Meanwhile, those largely responsible for the rot and those that should be heckled and harassed to fix the system are ignored and the blames laid firmly at the feet of the doctor.
Ask yourselves this question . If I had a severe TBI like Yufuf did , would I have stood a chance of surviving ?
Meanwhile the Doctor to Patient ratio is soaring , the percentage allocated for health in the budget is reducing , Ill equipped facilities everywhere. Yet there is no revolt , no screaming , no nothing.
In the typical emergency situation , a truck load of relatives will accompany patients , but when it is time to pay , they are no where to be found.
Like earlier pointed out , we are also tired of the system.
There surely has to be easier paths.
For the doctor ? maybe leave
For the patients ? I really don't know.

1 Like

Re: Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor by worlexy(m): 9:56am On Sep 02, 2018
Gracesofar:

Baseless stories? I pray this happen to you or a family member of yours. Anyway dear wise man. I will come back here to give you good measures hen you type of something similar among your family member
God is busy answering meaningful prayers you're there wishing yourself evil. May it be for you and your household what you wish and pray for others.
Re: Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor by worlexy(m): 9:57am On Sep 02, 2018
bammy777:
I pray this does not happen to your loved ones.
I pray so for you too
Re: Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor by worlexy(m): 10:05am On Sep 02, 2018
Gracesofar:

Baseless stories? I pray this happen to you or a family member of yours. Anyway dear wise man. I will come back here to give you good measures hen you type of something similar among your family member
If only u reasoned well with your brain and u wanted things to be done right in Nigeria you should have known that you had no business transporting an accident victim from an accident scene, because that is the work of paramedics, they are the ones trained to handle such cases cos you could have worsen the victim's situation by your so called heroic act, you could have worsen his case the more, you could have converted a closed fracture to an open one, you could have made his dislocated neck to become a spinal cord injury. What happens in the ideal environment is for you to put a call across to a emergency line like 911 and the paramedics will arrive but instead of holding the govt responsible for not being up to the task you're here displaying your hatred for doctors. Receive sense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 02, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Now calling out someone for what he /she is is now racist. SMH. FYI the person speaking is British of Nigerian origins. She was excited about meeting up with doctors from the fatherland etc and was thoroughly dissapointed about their level of practical knowledge.
yeah right, *rolls eyes*

1 Like

Re: Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 02, 2018
Gracesofar:
Hi nairalanders, though this happened last month and I still can't find a way to get over it. But the thought was triggered and I had a flashback to it vividly after I read a ladies post here on nairalanders who spoke about her experience with doctors.

Anyway, Being a doctor might be just more than a profession since they are believed more to save lives. But do they really do that. Apart from the bossy act of most doctors Talking of JOHESU vs NMA and them wanting to boss everyone around, I was want to share my experience of how I finally lost hope In doctors which also pointed out that the so-called Hippocratic oath means nothing to most of them.

I was on an official assignment to Lagos that was 3 weeks ago if I can still recollect vividly. And after the whole assignment etc, I was done and around 8pm I decided to leave Lagos back to Enugu. I was with a colleague so who set out and after passing Arepo (very near berger) I think the town name is Magboro. I wanted to park and probably get fruits to aide me she. I heard a loud thud and low and behold the car behind me hit a man trying to cross the express road. The car (a minibus) was on top speed and the impact even confused me on what was happening. I parked and I saw people rush to drag the lifeless man from the fast lane so other cars won't run him over and I was still frozen where I was. This was a middle age man lifeless on the ground with blood gushing out of him. Anyway trust Nigerians some brought out their mobile etc and other were pouring water on the blood dripping man. But I was still socked and confused. Finally, I knew the man will give up the ghost finally if he didn't receive medical attention on time. So I spoke to my colleague and we went to meet the gathering crowds and decided to help this man. We don't even know anywhere around so we just asked if anyone knows a nearby hospital and hell yeah there will always be a good Samaritan out of every 12. Anyway, we but this man in my car and with 2 other strangers showing us the route we started drubuing towards the nearest hospital in an attempt to save this complete stranger live. Getting to the hospital after much blood was on my car seat we took this man out and called the doctor in charge of the private hospital which I can't even remember the name but I know its very close to Access International School in Magboro very close to ibafo Ogun state.

Upon the doctor seeing him, he asked who the famiky so we just explained and I realise his countenance changed. He said he can't attend to him without a family member there. I never knew what the doctor meant because to me the only set of people hospitals don't attend to is bullet wound victims and at least they must give first aid.

That's how the doctor started talking that who will foot the bill etc. That he will give him treatment bla bla bla. I got so angry and I asked him if his money is more essential than a fellow human live. Anyway I told him I had no cash but if they use pos, I will deposit all the money he needs because am still going to Enugu that night. Looking at the time its to 9. The doctor said they only do cash payment etc and he can't take him in without getting some payment to start it. My colleague asked if he accept bank transfer he said No just cash. Haba I got annoyed and I sowed him my ID card when he realised am a military personnel he lower his tone of talking and he said he his sorry they don't even have any spare bed or the medications to stabilize him. Haba anyway ouyt of annoyance I issued him threat that I don't even know the man from genesis am just doing my own to save humanity. I realised he was too money conscious so I told him to Bleep off. We put the man in my car again and went to another private hospital. Getting their we had almost same issue. And to cut the long story short he doctyor didn't even give him first aide or try stabilizing him. He just said I should get a government hospital around. I was so frustrated and I loosed hope in doctors that night over been money conscious not minding an innocent life paying the price with something less than 50k. Fast forward one of the boys said he knew a government clinic at the other side. And we drove their as at then it was almost 10 at this time this man was still breathing though very slowly and he was loosing lots of blood. Anyway we got to the government hospital where I can't even describe. And I was told to write a statement etc. And before the man would be stabilized, he gave up the ghost that night.

Though have seen people die and I don't feel any way bad but that made me feel so demoralized. I'd only the first two private bastard called doctors can take him in, he will still be alive. I left the hospital and they said they will bag him etc.

Anyway that night I started my journey to Enugu and till today, my hatred for doctors hisnjust so mega even though my fiancee is a medical student.

This is a true life story that happened 3 Saturdays ago if only I was thinking straight enough to get the hospitals name
next time in lagos state, call lasema response unit on 767 or 112, they will respond quickly and take him to where they can get care.
Re: Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor by Gracesofar(m): 10:38am On Sep 02, 2018
worlexy:
If only u reasoned well with your brain and u wanted things to be done right in Nigeria you should have known that you had no business transporting an accident victim from an accident scene, because that is the work of paramedics, they are the ones trained to handle such cases cos you could have worsen the victim's situation by your so called heroic act, you could have worsen his case the more, you could have converted a closed fracture to an open one, you could have made his dislocated neck to become a spinal cord injury. What happens in the ideal environment is for you to put a call across to a emergency line like 911 and the paramedics will arrive but instead of holding the govt responsible for not being up to the task you're here displaying your hatred for doctors. Receive sense

Ok. What goes around will surely come around

Have fun amigo. And in BTW I have no hatred for doctors I was sponsored by one I just have a thing for negligence.
Re: Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor by Jaqenhghar: 10:45am On Sep 02, 2018
funmisticqueen:
yeah right, *rolls eyes*
Whatever
Re: Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor by jonadaft: 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2018
worlexy:
You're as daft as your name. Only a fool like you will believe that two different hospitals will reject e payment. The OP has given you lies and fabrication to masturbate on, enjoy your orgasm
Woe betide you, you miserable dólt.
Re: Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor by worlexy(m): 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2018
Jonathan:

Woe betide you, you miserable dólt.
May it be your portion as you wrote. Amen
Re: Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor by sainty2k3(m): 4:52pm On Sep 02, 2018
Jonathan:

So many miserable fools on the internet...
People just type rubbish without using their brain... It's a shame.

Did u read the part where they offered ẹ-payments?
Hello mister brainy, learn to be courteous next time
Re: Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor by MissJoy29(f): 10:35am On Sep 03, 2018
Gracesofar:
Hi nairalanders, though this happened last month and I still can't find a way to get over it. But the thought was triggered and I had a flashback to it vividly after I read a ladies post here on nairalanders who spoke about her experience with doctors.

Anyway, Being a doctor might be just more than a profession since they are believed more to save lives. But do they really do that. Apart from the bossy act of most doctors Talking of JOHESU vs NMA and them wanting to boss everyone around, I was want to share my experience of how I finally lost hope In doctors which also pointed out that the so-called Hippocratic oath means nothing to most of them.

I was on an official assignment to Lagos that was 3 weeks ago if I can still recollect vividly. And after the whole assignment etc, I was done and around 8pm I decided to leave Lagos back to Enugu. I was with a colleague so who set out and after passing Arepo (very near berger) I think the town name is Magboro. I wanted to park and probably get fruits to aide me she. I heard a loud thud and low and behold the car behind me hit a man trying to cross the express road. The car (a minibus) was on top speed and the impact even confused me on what was happening. I parked and I saw people rush to drag the lifeless man from the fast lane so other cars won't run him over and I was still frozen where I was. This was a middle age man lifeless on the ground with blood gushing out of him. Anyway trust Nigerians some brought out their mobile etc and other were pouring water on the blood dripping man. But I was still socked and confused. Finally, I knew the man will give up the ghost finally if he didn't receive medical attention on time. So I spoke to my colleague and we went to meet the gathering crowds and decided to help this man. We don't even know anywhere around so we just asked if anyone knows a nearby hospital and hell yeah there will always be a good Samaritan out of every 12. Anyway, we but this man in my car and with 2 other strangers showing us the route we started drubuing towards the nearest hospital in an attempt to save this complete stranger live. Getting to the hospital after much blood was on my car seat we took this man out and called the doctor in charge of the private hospital which I can't even remember the name but I know its very close to Access International School in Magboro very close to ibafo Ogun state.

Upon the doctor seeing him, he asked who the famiky so we just explained and I realise his countenance changed. He said he can't attend to him without a family member there. I never knew what the doctor meant because to me the only set of people hospitals don't attend to is bullet wound victims and at least they must give first aid.

That's how the doctor started talking that who will foot the bill etc. That he will give him treatment bla bla bla. I got so angry and I asked him if his money is more essential than a fellow human live. Anyway I told him I had no cash but if they use pos, I will deposit all the money he needs because am still going to Enugu that night. Looking at the time its to 9. The doctor said they only do cash payment etc and he can't take him in without getting some payment to start it. My colleague asked if he accept bank transfer he said No just cash. Haba I got annoyed and I sowed him my ID card when he realised am a military personnel he lower his tone of talking and he said he his sorry they don't even have any spare bed or the medications to stabilize him. Haba anyway ouyt of annoyance I issued him threat that I don't even know the man from genesis am just doing my own to save humanity. I realised he was too money conscious so I told him to Bleep off. We put the man in my car again and went to another private hospital. Getting their we had almost same issue. And to cut the long story short he doctyor didn't even give him first aide or try stabilizing him. He just said I should get a government hospital around. I was so frustrated and I loosed hope in doctors that night over been money conscious not minding an innocent life paying the price with something less than 50k. Fast forward one of the boys said he knew a government clinic at the other side. And we drove their as at then it was almost 10 at this time this man was still breathing though very slowly and he was loosing lots of blood. Anyway we got to the government hospital where I can't even describe. And I was told to write a statement etc. And before the man would be stabilized, he gave up the ghost that night.

Though have seen people die and I don't feel any way bad but that made me feel so demoralized. I'd only the first two private bastard called doctors can take him in, he will still be alive. I left the hospital and they said they will bag him etc.

Anyway that night I started my journey to Enugu and till today, my hatred for doctors hisnjust so mega even though my fiancee is a medical student.

This is a true life story that happened 3 Saturdays ago if only I was thinking straight enough to get the hospitals name
My dear, welcome to the club. I ain't hating on doctors but their attitude is just so not it at all. It's so sad the poor man died after all your efforts. You have a good heart. Keep it up.

@bolded, even bullet-wound victims don't get first aid. They'd rather allow them to die.

I think I blame the police force here. The way they handle "good samaritans" & the doctors who treat victims like these complicates things further. You are tutned onto a criminal automatically. I don't even Pray for any of my relatives or even my enemy to be in such a situation because I know it's almost hopeless except a miracle happens. The NMA/JOHESU and NPF need to come to a better agreement concerning this issue.
We, the public also need to speak out. God forbid but it might be one of us or a loved one needing help like this tomorrow.

I'm really confused in this case. But one thing I'm sure of is, nothing is more important than saving a human life if you are in the position to.

God help us all.
Re: Do Doctors' Hippocratic Oath Count? My Experience With A Doctor by jbblues24(m): 2:03am On Jun 02, 2019
My niece rates this shot very appealing! shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Health Benefits And Side Effects Of Wearing A Girdle / When Your Body Start Aging / 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.