Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki (45068 Views)

Secondus, PDP Chieftains Dump Atiku, Wike, Declare Support For Tinubu / I Was Offered N150m, N80m Car To Dump Atiku – Naziru Ahmad (Sarkin Waka) / PDP Bot Bars Members From Campaigning For Atiku, Saraki, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by eligiblegaf: 9:21am On Sep 02, 2018
Sharpshooota:
That's a good one....

Buhari the dictator will be a story of the past

Ask the dude below what Buhari has done to deserve another term in office .... He can't say aside the usual.. He is fighting kwarupsion...
Under the watchful eyes of Buhari the minister of petroleum ... NNPC failed to remit 4trillion naira into the nations coffers... That's a fact...
Using taxpayers money to gallivant round the world on medical tourism...

Power intoxicates... Buhari wants to retire quietly straight to daura and be with his cows and grand children....but the powers that be wants otherwise.. Please help send him there ...help buhari

You will look for eyes drop to clean your red Hindus eyes when PMB is declared winner in 2019. No amount of hate speech can stop bàbá to emerge in the coming elections.
After I did my research, I now understand the haters and wailers are minority and friends of looter's.

8 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by MartinCorridon: 9:21am On Sep 02, 2018
frowland:

They support him because of his status and how he unsettles the opposition camp and not how he will become the president. Wike is not that dumb to support a character like saraki who will grow to be too powerful to handle after winning the presidency.
Saraki unsettled his dad, unsettled his senior sister, unsellted GEJ, unsettled PMB, Wike is a small fry where Saraki is.

LOL. I like your analysis and it just might be true.

But some corrections... Saraki didn't unsettle his dad, it was a smart move to divide opposition camp and buy Bukola political credibility that he defeated his dad.

The dad was a political deity in Kwara, ask a Kwaran, i am one. Bukola was a relative upstart...had just 8 years as Governor when Baba had almost 40 years under his belt. They knew what they were doing ooo grin

Gbemisola is his younger sis too.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by eligiblegaf: 9:23am On Sep 02, 2018
yns4real:
•Senate president says quest not a betrayal of ex-VP

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) may have to pick its presidential flag bearer in next year’s election from the Northwest geo political zone, The Nation gathered yesterday.

With over 18 million eligible voters as at last February, the zone has the largest voting population in the country.
It is followed by the Southwest with over 14million voters.

The Nation gathered that the main opposition party is taking notice of the situation and may settle for one of its presidential aspirants from the zone at its convention next month to slug it out with the incumbent, President Muhammadu Buhari in the February 2019 poll.

Buhari is on course to emerge as the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate later this month.

Presidential aspirants of the PDP from the Northwest are Senator Ahmed Maikarfi, Alhaji Sule Lamido, Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal, former Special Duties Minister Kabiru Tanimu Turaki, former Kano State governor Ibrahim Shekarau, former Sokoto State governor Attahiru Bafarawa and former Kano State governor Rabiu Kwankwaso.

The implication is that the likes of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar from Adamawa in the Northeast and Senate president Bukola Saraki from Kwara State in the Northcentral stand a little or no chance of getting the PDP ticket.

Party source said yesterday that Saraki in particular may be facing formidable hurdles already from the PDP and the Northwest geo political in his bid to fly the party’s flag in next year’s presidential election.

Saraki formally declared his presidential aspiration in Abuja on Thursday, citing pressure from Nigerian youths.

However, party source told The Nation yesterday that the former Kwara State governor has a long chain of barriers to be broken to achieve his ambition.

One of such is the suggestion by some PDP members that the party’s presidential candidate has to come from the Northwest zone for the PDP to stand a good chance of defeating President Muhammadu Buhari.
Buhari is from Daura, Katsina State in the Northwest.

He commands a cult followership not only in the zone but across the northern region.

Pressure is mounting on the PDP leadership to narrow down its ticket to the Northwest as it is the only way to compete with Buhari.

Kwankwaso from Kano State in the Northwest is one of the leading advocates for the PDP presidential candidate coming from the Northwest.

Kwankwaso’s view is shared by many in the party.

Their argument is that the only way to whittle down the votes of the APC and its candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, in the zone is for the PDP to pick a candidate from the same zone.

Several interest groups from the zone are now promoting the view point in the party.

Speaking with journalists in Abuja on Friday shortly after obtaining his nomination documents, Kwankwaso said: “everyone knows that the bulk of the votes come from the Northwest and it would not be wrong for anyone to suggest that the PDP candidate should come from that zone.

“You all saw from the last general election in 2015 the number of votes from Kano alone. So it’s just normal to expect the candidate to emerge from the Northwest. That is the only way to defeat them (APC). But this is my opinion because everybody has their different opinions”.

Another formidable obstacle to Saraki’s aspiration is the perceived disposition of Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike who is seen by many as the de facto leader of the PDP.

Wike, chief backer of the incumbent national chairman of the PDP, Uche Secondus, is said to be the number one supporter of Tambuwal’s presidential ambition.

It is understood that there is an agreement between him and Tambuwal that he will be the Sokoto State governor’s running mate in the presidential race if he gets the ticket.

Wike’s disposition on the PDP presidential ticket is suspected to have informed Secondus’ hurried exit from the venue of Saraki’s formal declaration for the presidency in Abuja on Thursday.

Secondus had led other members of the national executive committee of the PDP to the event, at the invitation of the organisers unaware that Saraki had a different agenda.

It was gathered that neither Secondus nor the organisers of the event had the slightest inkling that Saraki was going to take advantage of the forum to declare his aspiration.

Apparently rattled by Saraki’s ambush, the organisers were forced to issue a disclaimer the following day, expressing their disappointment and embarrassment at the action of the Senate President.

Meanwhile, the Senate president is continuing his consultations with socio-political and interest groups across the country.
One of his aides who does not want to be named said yesterday that he met with the Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) headed by Chief Edwin Clark, the Yoruba group – Afenifere -and a group of northern elders led by Prof Ango Abdullahi during the week.

He, however, did not venture comments on the outcome of the consultations, saying Saraki only briefed the groups and explained his decision to join the race.

“You don’t expect it (consultation) to be a one-off thing because you are required to lay all your cards on the table through sustained consultation over time”, the aide added.

My presidential ambition not a betrayal of Atiku, says Saraki

Responding to questions yesterday on Saraki’s ambition, his chief spokesman, Yusuph Olaniyonu dismissed speculations that Saraki betrayed former vice president Atiku Abubakar by joining the presidential race.

“No aspirant’s presidential quest is a betrayal of any others”, the office of the Senate President, Senator Olusola Saraki has said.
Some of Atiku’s supporters had expressed surprised that Senator Saraki is challenging Atiku who once helped to mobilize support for him to become Senate President.

He asserted that such assumptions are wrong, unjustifiable and baseless.

“Betrayal? How? Was there an agreement that ‘you will support me for this, I will support you for that?” Olaniyonu retorted yesterday when he met The Nation.

He added: “were they not in different political parties before?

“We know that some people have an agenda in all this; they have an agenda on everything concerning Senator Saraki and there is no point responding to whatever misinformation they wish to spread.

“There is no betrayal whatsoever between the two eminent citizens.

“Are Governor Tambuwal and Senator Saraki not even much closer than the relationship between the former Vice President and the Senate President?

“Governor Tambuwal and Senator Saraki are more of brothers but as true democrats, the two of them are in this race and they do not have any problem with one another over it; whoever wins the presidential ticket would get the support of the other,” he said.

According to the Senate President’s spokesman, all PDP presidential aspirants, including Senator Saraki are now working out an arrangement to ensure a rancour-free process.

“The agreement that they are working on now is such that whoever wins the PDP presidential primaries, all of them will rally to support whoever wins.

“In fact, what all of the PDP presidential aspirants are concentrating on is that they will all work together and ensure that there is an open, free and fair presidential primaries.

“They are trying to ensure that the process is very free and fair for all and that whoever emerges will not be a source of bitterness because the outcome would have been the result of a genuine process.

“PDP presidential aspirants are working together to ensure that all of them forge a united front and that there will be no reason for the ruling party to see any of them as a potential ally.

“They are working for a credible process and all of them are going to support the eventual winner.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/2019-pdp-eyes-northwest-as-party-sets-to-dump-atiku-saraki/

I can perceived the foes of PMB having high blood pressure. PMB till 2023

2 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by MartinCorridon: 9:24am On Sep 02, 2018
Benekruku:

Take a seat please.

Saraki and Atiku as strongest candidate.... smh

When you started following politics

You and i have agreed on some points before so i would let this one slide.... but still, would advise you to watch your tone.

Go through the posts in this thread, i have agreed and disagreed with many people here and it's all respectfully done.

YES. I started "following" politics maybe before you were born. Satisfied ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by adeniyialayande(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2018
Is only KWANKWASO can face Buhari in 2019,he has massive follower and has good record.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by zlantanfan: 9:27am On Sep 02, 2018
MartinCorridon:

I still think the descending order of Atiku, Saraki, Kwankwaso and then Tambuwal is it BUT

Your perspective is an intelligent and interesting one.

Kwara elites claim not to be Yorubas for selfish political interests but this eventually becomes detrimental to them at Federal level.

Yorubas see them as betrayers and Hausa/Fulani see them as not "pure North"

I am from Kwara by the way...lived there for decades too.

Yes i know Kwankwaso was ahead of Atiku in last APC primaries but i just think Kwankwaso finds it hard to wash off the tribal bigot tag. He would beat Atiku in NWest but find it hard to get South votes and North East. My humble opinion
Yes, but that bigotry is really what the north calls northern interest, and notice why Bulgari is such a religion in core north? Also notice how kwankwaso hasn't critised Buhari directly until now, (he even watch the level of that criticism).

Pdp can package him in ss/se while he floats it in north.

Atiku has an external issue with obj who still has elite connections, atiku can win Adamawa but the likes of yobe, borno, bauchi etc are core Muslim states with bigotry which eludes him.

A northerern once told me that Allah wouldn't accept their prayers when a non-islamic bigot rules them

Adamawa is even seen as a liberal Christian states with the likes of benue, plateau.

There is a reason why the northwest produces representatives on behalf of the north

4 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by frowland(m): 9:29am On Sep 02, 2018
MartinCorridon:

LOL. I like your analysis and it just might be true.

But some corrections... Saraki didn't unsettle his dad, it was a smart move to divide opposition camp and buy Bukola political credibility that he defeated his dad.

The dad was a political deity in Kwara, ask a Kwaran, i am one. Bukola was a relative upstart...had just 8 years as Governor when Baba had almost 40 years under his belt. They knew what they were doing ooo grin

Gbemisola is his younger sis too.

Ah, thanks for the correction.

1 Like

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by MartinCorridon: 9:29am On Sep 02, 2018
zlantanfan:
Yes, but that bigotry is really what the north calls northern interest, and notice why Bulgari is such a religion in core north? Also notice how kwankwaso hasn't critised Buhari directly until now, (he even watch the level of that criticism).

Pdp can package him in ss/se while he floats it in north.

Atiku has an external issue with obj who still has elite connections, atiku can win Adamawa but the likes of yobe, borno, bauchi etc are core Muslim states with bigotry which eludes him.

Adamawa is even seen as a liberal Christian states with the likes of benue, plateau.

There is a reason why the northwest produces representatives on behalf of the north

Thumbs up! I enjoy these political intrigues and permutations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by OlaoChi: 9:29am On Sep 02, 2018
yns4real:
•Senate president says quest not a betrayal of ex-VP

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) may have to pick its presidential flag bearer in next year’s election from the Northwest geo political zone, The Nation gathered yesterday.

With over 18 million eligible voters as at last February, the zone has the largest voting population in the country.

The Nation gathered that the main opposition party is taking notice of the situation and may settle for one of its presidential aspirants from the zone at its convention next month to slug it out with the incumbent, President Muhammadu Buhari in the February 2019 poll.

Buhari is on course to emerge as the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate later this month.

Presidential aspirants of the PDP from the Northwest are Senator Ahmed Maikarfi, Alhaji Sule Lamido, Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal, former Special Duties Minister Kabiru Tanimu Turaki, former Kano State governor Ibrahim Shekarau, former Sokoto State governor Attahiru Bafarawa and former Kano State governor Rabiu Kwankwaso.

The implication is that the likes of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar from Adamawa in the Northeast and Senate president Bukola Saraki from Kwara State in the Northcentral stand a little or no chance of getting the PDP ticket.

Party source said yesterday that Saraki in particular may be facing formidable hurdles already from the PDP and the Northwest geo political in his bid to fly the party’s flag in next year’s presidential election.

Saraki formally declared his presidential aspiration in Abuja on Thursday, citing pressure from Nigerian youths.

However, party source told The Nation yesterday that the former Kwara State governor has a long chain of barriers to be broken to achieve his ambition.

One of such is the suggestion by some PDP members that the party’s presidential candidate has to come from the Northwest zone for the PDP to stand a good chance of defeating President Muhammadu Buhari.

He commands a cult followership not only in the zone but across the northern region.

Pressure is mounting on the PDP leadership to narrow down its ticket to the Northwest as it is the only way to compete with Buhari.

Kwankwaso from Kano State in the Northwest is one of the leading advocates for the PDP presidential candidate coming from the Northwest.

Their argument is that the only way to whittle down the votes of the APC and its candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, in the zone is for the PDP to pick a candidate from the same zone.

Several interest groups from the zone are now promoting the view point in the party.

Speaking with journalists in Abuja on Friday shortly after obtaining his nomination documents, Kwankwaso said: “everyone knows that the bulk of the votes come from the Northwest and it would not be wrong for anyone to suggest that the PDP candidate should come from that zone.

“You all saw from the last general election in 2015 the number of votes from Kano alone. So it’s just normal to expect the candidate to emerge from the Northwest. That is the only way to defeat them (APC). But this is my opinion because everybody has their different opinions”.

Another formidable obstacle to Saraki’s aspiration is the perceived disposition of Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike who is seen by many as the de facto leader of the PDP.

Wike, chief backer of the incumbent national chairman of the PDP, Uche Secondus, is said to be the number one supporter of Tambuwal’s presidential ambition.

It is understood that there is an agreement between him and Tambuwal that he will be the Sokoto State governor’s running mate in the presidential race if he gets the ticket.

Wike’s disposition on the PDP presidential ticket is suspected to have informed Secondus’ hurried exit from the venue of Saraki’s formal declaration for the presidency in Abuja on Thursday.

Secondus had led other members of the national executive committee of the PDP to the event, at the invitation of the organisers unaware that Saraki had a different agenda.

It was gathered that neither Secondus nor the organisers of the event had the slightest inkling that Saraki was going to take advantage of the forum to declare his aspiration.

Apparently rattled by Saraki’s ambush, the organisers were forced to issue a disclaimer the following day, expressing their disappointment and embarrassment at the action of the Senate President.

Meanwhile, the Senate president is continuing his consultations with socio-political and interest groups across the country.
One of his aides who does not want to be named said yesterday that he met with the Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) headed by Chief Edwin Clark, the Yoruba group – Afenifere -and a group of northern elders led by Prof Ango Abdullahi during the week.

He, however, did not venture comments on the outcome of the consultations, saying Saraki only briefed the groups and explained his decision to join the race.

“You don’t expect it (consultation) to be a one-off thing because you are required to lay all your cards on the table through sustained consultation over time”, the aide added.

Responding to questions yesterday on Saraki’s ambition, his chief spokesman, Yusuph Olaniyonu dismissed speculations that Saraki betrayed former vice president Atiku Abubakar by joining the presidential race.

“No aspirant’s presidential quest is a betrayal of any others”, the office of the Senate President, Senator Olusola Saraki has said.
Some of Atiku’s supporters had expressed surprised that Senator Saraki is challenging Atiku who once helped to mobilize support for him to become Senate President.

“Betrayal? How? Was there an agreement that ‘you will support me for this, I will support you for that?” Olaniyonu retorted yesterday when he met The Nation.

“We know that some people have an agenda in all this; they have an agenda on everything concerning Senator Saraki and there is no point responding to whatever misinformation they wish to spread.

“Are Governor Tambuwal and Senator Saraki not even much closer than the relationship between the former Vice President and the Senate President?

“Governor Tambuwal and Senator Saraki are more of brothers but as true democrats, the two of them are in this race and they do not have any problem with one another over it; whoever wins the presidential ticket would get the support of the other,” he said.

According to the Senate President’s spokesman, all PDP presidential aspirants, including Senator Saraki are now working out an arrangement to ensure a rancour-free process.

“The agreement that they are working on now is such that whoever wins the PDP presidential primaries, all of them will rally to support whoever wins.

“In fact, what all of the PDP presidential aspirants are concentrating on is that they will all work together and ensure that there is an open, free and fair presidential primaries.

“They are trying to ensure that the process is very free and fair for all and that whoever emerges will not be a source of bitterness because the outcome would have been the result of a genuine process.

“PDP presidential aspirants are working together to ensure that all of them forge a united front and that there will be no reason for the ruling party to see any of them as a potential ally.

“They are working for a credible process and all of them are going to support the eventual winner.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/2019-pdp-eyes-northwest-as-party-sets-to-dump-atiku-saraki/

Notherners that they say are not intelligent and educated know how to play politics while the south are busy fooling themselves.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by frowland(m): 9:31am On Sep 02, 2018
adeniyialayande:
Is only KWANKWASO can face Buhari in 2019,he has massive follower and has good record.
I don't see how SE will vote for Kwankwaso. Yes we are aback politically but we ain't that stuupiiid. Atiku stands a chance there than Kwankwaso.

7 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by umarazizz87(m): 9:33am On Sep 02, 2018
[quote author=yns4real post=70823320]•Senate president says quest not a betrayal of ex-VP

PDP is ignorant of the state of the polity in Northwest Nigeria. All of the presidential aspirants from the northwest taken together cannot command 30% of the support enjoyed by Buhari in the region. The North doesn't care about who is contesting against Buhari or where he is from.

1 Like

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by ClassiqLegend(m): 9:33am On Sep 02, 2018
Ehhh dese PDP people ma self why u na too dey suffer urself like dis,and to my greatest surprise all the candidate dat have bought the ticket so far are our currupted formal leaders,imagine,mtsww anyway let see how will cope pass our baba buhari,the noble one,honest one and the eye of nigerians. :oEhhh dese PDP people ma self why u na too dey suffer urself like dis,and to my greatest surprise all the candidate dat have bought the ticket so far are our currupted formal leaders,imagine,mtsww anyway let see how will cope pass our baba buhari,the noble one,honest one and the eye of nigerians.
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by ClassiqLegend(m): 9:37am On Sep 02, 2018
eligiblegaf:

You will look for eyes drop to clean your red Hindus eyes when PMB is declared winner in 2019. No amount of hate speech can stop bàbá to emerge in the coming elections.
After I did my research, I now understand the haters and wailers are minority and friends of looter's.
ehhh u dy wise oo,infact u deserve an award 4 dis. cool
eligiblegaf:

ehhh u dy wise oo,infact u deserve an award 4 dis.

1 Like

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by beresponsible(m): 9:39am On Sep 02, 2018
LordIsaac:
Tor
Saraki the ambusher. Ambushed his way into kwara state gov't house against his own father and sister , jumped fence and ambushed himself in APC senate presidency against his own party and already ambushing pdp hierarchy on the very day of his presidential declaration. Once a betrayer always a betrayer.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by thegoodone1234(m): 9:40am On Sep 02, 2018
North West 18m + south west 14m =32m . APC will have 18m vote and PDP 14m . in the north west APC will have 55% and PDP 45% but in the south west APC will have 60% while PDP will have 40%.
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by alen4smith(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2018
Sharpshooota:
That's a good one....

Buhari the dictator will be a story of the past

Ask the dude below what Buhari has done to deserve another term in office .... He can't say aside the usual.. He is fighting kwarupsion...
Under the watchful eyes of Buhari the minister of petroleum ... NNPC failed to remit 4trillion naira into the nations coffers... That's a fact...
Using taxpayers money to gallivant round the world on medical tourism...

Power intoxicates... Buhari wants to retire quietly straight to daura and be with his cows and grand children....but the powers that be wants otherwise.. Please help send him there ...help buhari
Even a joint ticket of saraki atiku tambuwal kwakwanso Babangida and obasanjo doesn't stand a chance against my amiable president.#unrepentantbuharist#.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by attahoizamisi: 9:49am On Sep 02, 2018
[quote author=Calers post=70823484]Whoever win the primary Buhari will defeat him.i want to bet with 2million naira that Buhari is going to defeat any one of them from his state. [/thunder fire u therquote]

1 Like

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Enice(m): 10:02am On Sep 02, 2018
kunmiiii:
[b][/b]Secondus had led other members of the national executive committee of the PDP to the event, at the invitation of the organisers unaware that Saraki had a different agenda.
the man is a green cobra in green grass.

1 Like

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Pacesetter123(m): 10:02am On Sep 02, 2018
raumdeuter:
Anyone that fails at the Presidential primary can he still go back and contest for Senate?

E.g Saraki
Yes,he can.
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by educhigo: 10:02am On Sep 02, 2018
buhari is power hungry he will do everything to rig the election,but no how in trying please support kingsley for better government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by ekhai(m): 10:06am On Sep 02, 2018
Calers:
Whoever win the primary Buhari will defeat him.i want to bet with 2million naira that Buhari is going to defeat any one of them from his state.
I WILL ADD ANOTHER ONE MILLION FOR YOU TO TAKE THE BET. BUT I WILL GET 2 MILLION FROM THE PROCEEDS. WAILERS REFUSED TO UNDERSTAND THAT PMB IS A PHENOMENON.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Neoteny(m): 10:08am On Sep 02, 2018
MartinCorridon:
My analysis :

The Nation is supposedly owned by Tinubu.

The newspaper is using propaganda to sow discord in the PDP camp.

If it seems Kwankwaso might get ticket ahead of Saraki/Atiku, the others would start attacking Kwankwaso.

If the fight is very bitter and nasty, the losers won't support the eventual winner of the PDP ticket

Saraki/ Atiku are the strongest candidates...but the Nation is intelligently pushing Kwankwaso/ Tambuwal forward

Saraki and atiku the strongest candidates?

Where ever did u get that idea?

None of them is popular in the north, especially not saraki.

Can you imagine anyone from Kano, sokoto and katsina lining up in the sun to vote for saraki and atiku, when they have their own people in the race?

4 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by zlantanfan: 10:09am On Sep 02, 2018
MartinCorridon:

Thumbs up! I enjoy these political intrigues and permutations.
you welcome, in as much as there is suffering under Buhari, I do believe there is a possibility of osibanjo taking over which would be the best for the country, a total shift from any career politician which would be presented in 2023.

Even though am not Yoruba, I think osinbanjo can truly reform this country even give us more success than Bulgari would manage in 8yrs.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by OmoOshodi(m): 10:09am On Sep 02, 2018
Be wise Nigerians

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Pacesetter123(m): 10:11am On Sep 02, 2018
Kingspin:
Buhari is the only president that cannot talk about education under his government. Or power or roads as a president of a country. He doesn't discuss any thing to the public. And this man has been on seat for 3years counting.

Are Nigerians that blind?

Another party person should come and rescue Nigeria.
Another party man....is ok.....but it MUST NOT be a PDP man pls.
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Bolognese: 10:13am On Sep 02, 2018
NO HE CANNOT

Pacesetter123:
Yes,he can.
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Caseless: 10:17am On Sep 02, 2018

grin grin you can't trust saraki. How secondus dashed out of the venue in order not to get query from wike got me laughing.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by kollinz1234(m): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2018
Eponyeeboz:
The real politicians are talking. When everything is settled, they would invite the hallelujah boys from the south-east to come and pack plates.

Chai, Igboland has suffered.
u that ur land is not suffering, how successful are u than them? With all the political marginalization they are yet not the poorest region neither are the the most illiterate ridden region, yet u think they are parking plate? U are an individual, strive to succeed that is the secret of the Igbo mans success forget govt, if it comes it comes nobody gives a f*ck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by EazyMoh(m): 10:36am On Sep 02, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
all these names they are parading are worthless.They should just beg sanusi the Emir of kano to contest against buhari.That is the weight!
Do you think the Queen of England would ever consider contesting for prime-minister office? Exactly I don't think so.
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by hope4nigeria(m): 10:37am On Sep 02, 2018
Calers:
Whoever win the primary Buhari will defeat him.i want to bet with 2million naira that Buhari is going to defeat any one of them from his state.
I bet with my balls, you, your entire life home and broad never worth #500k. !!!!!!!

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Pacesetter123(m): 10:37am On Sep 02, 2018
ivandragon:
its sad that the options on ground to challenge pmb are the same set of people who have contributed to the mess that is Nigeria today...

that being said, PDP must never reward betrayers...

the presidential ticket should be won by those who stayed true to the party at its lowest. it should be held by those who stayed in PDP & picked up the pieces of their defeat.

the PDP presidential ticket should be held by someone who remained loyal & vocal despite the challenges. who in the face of the propaganda tsunami that was APC, stood tall in the gale & held his head high.

ironically, that is the type of leader Nigeria needs, one who stays true to his ideals & acts as a unifier.

even if it means PDP losing the 2019 elections, it should lose by staying true to those who did not abandon her at her lowest...

my humble 2 cents...
Going by ur submission,it means PDP may never have a candidate,because none of them fits into ur description.They all ran away when the going was bad with their party.Except u r implying that the ticket should automatically be given to senator Ahmed Markarfi.He is the only one among them that stood firm in times of adversary.
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Pacesetter123(m): 10:39am On Sep 02, 2018
senatordave1:

Your correct my brother.only 3 people in the north can divide his votes.the sultan,emir sanusi and dangote.the rest are deceiving themselves
kikikikikikikiki...kukukuku!The names funny die!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From The Launch Of APC Manifesto "Renewed Hope 2023" / Troops Recover Decomposing Hearts Of Soldiers Killed In Okuama, Delta State / Tinubu shakes hands With Newly Sworn-In Senegalese President, Diomaye Faye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.