Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki (45072 Views)

Secondus, PDP Chieftains Dump Atiku, Wike, Declare Support For Tinubu / I Was Offered N150m, N80m Car To Dump Atiku – Naziru Ahmad (Sarkin Waka) / PDP Bot Bars Members From Campaigning For Atiku, Saraki, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Pacesetter123(m): 10:45am On Sep 02, 2018
frowland:

They support him because of his status and how he unsettles the opposition camp and not how he will become the president. Wike is not that dumb to support a character like saraki who will grow to be too powerful to handle after winning the presidency.
Saraki unsettled his dad, unsettled his senior sister, unsellted GEJ, unsettled PMB, Wike is a small fry where Saraki is.
LOL@small fry.
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by cyberguy72(m): 10:46am On Sep 02, 2018
There shld be no consensus candidate pdp! Whos is scared of a level playing ground for all d candidates
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by MartinCorridon: 10:56am On Sep 02, 2018
Neoteny:

Saraki and atiku the strongest candidates?

Where ever did u get that idea?

None of them is popular in the north, especially not saraki.

Can you imagine anyone from Kano, sokoto and katsina lining up in the sun to vote for saraki and atiku, when they have their own people in the race?

Yes Northwest has the highest population across board but what i am saying is this :

It's easier for Atiku/Saraki to win SS/SE/NC and maybe NE than Kwankwaso.

Kwankwaso would do very well in NW but would fail woefully in these other regions due to rep ( i am not sure he deserves it) as a hard core Northern bigot.

That's my thinking. You just criticised without giving any candidate as the strongest and the reasons why you think so. That's more constructive

2 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Cajal(m): 10:58am On Sep 02, 2018
Saraki....and deceit...are like PMB.. AND THE CORE NORTH

1 Like

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Pacesetter123(m): 11:00am On Sep 02, 2018
Bolognese:
NO HE CANNOT

Why?How?
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by bluecircle470: 11:01am On Sep 02, 2018
Calers:
Whoever win the primary Buhari will defeat him.i want to bet with 2million naira that Buhari is going to defeat any one of them from his state.

Same with me o, thank God the last election in 2015 was listed on bet9ja. I will surely put 10k on PMB

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by FBIL: 11:04am On Sep 02, 2018
Eponyeeboz:
The real politicians are talking. When everything is settled, they would invite the hallelujah boys from the south-east to come and pack plates.

Chai, Igboland has suffered.
Igbo land canl never suffer because Nigeria can never work properly unless it is restructured to allow for healthy competition. Therefore, no government, even if all the cabinet members come from one region, can better the lots of the citizenry because individual citizens must be mentally strong to contribute to national growth in a convivial atmosphere provided by the Central government. Unfortunately, no one thinks that way. They're only interested in dominating rival regions and stashing stolen funds abroad for their children. But China , S.Korea and Japan where I studied and do business with till today rose through healthy competition created by the Central government. Igbos have traveled much and have known that it's time wasting to sit down and be hoping to join politics in a dysfunctional country that USA, Russia and china are struggling to split. Go on and take the whole positions. We don't care, bro..! But when 2 people are wrestling, it's difficult to predict the mind of the person held to the ground. And when an intelligent and patient man keeps quiet when others take what rightly belongs to him, his silence becomes eerie. These are 2 strong adages from Igbo land. Don't bother yourself!

2 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Eponyeeboz: 11:07am On Sep 02, 2018
kollinz1234:
u that ur land is not suffering, how successful are u than them? With all the political marginalization they are yet not the poorest region neither are the the most illiterate ridden region, yet u think they are parking plate? U are an individual, strive to succeed that is the secret of the Igbo mans success forget govt, if it comes it comes nobody gives a f*ck

Please, how are Igbos marginalised?
Is it in oil wells?
In projects?
Government appointments?
Or you want to benefit from a candidate you hate and wish death?

How exactly are Igbos marginalised?

1 Like

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by GCsomething: 11:08am On Sep 02, 2018
No wonder Atiku wept!

I pity this man, although may be favoured should PdP win(mirage)

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Eponyeeboz: 11:13am On Sep 02, 2018
FBIL:

Igbo land canl never suffer because Nigeria can never work properly unless it is restructured to allow for healthy competition. Therefore, no government, even if all the cabinet members come from one region, can better the lots of the citizenry because individual citizens must be mentally strong to contribute to national growth in a convivial atmosphere provided by the Central government. Unfortunately, no one thinks that way. They're only interested in dominating rival regions and stashing stolen funds abroad for their children. But China , S.Korea and Japan where I studied and do business with till today rose through healthy competition created by the Central government. Igbos have traveled much and have known that it's time wasting to sit down and be hoping to join politics in a dysfunctional country that USA, Russia and china are struggling to split. Go on and take the whole positions. We don't care, bro..! But when 2 people are wrestling, it's difficult to predict the mind of the person held to the ground. And when an intelligent and patient man keeps quiet when others take what rightly belongs to him, his silence becomes eerie. These are 2 strong adages from Igbo land. Don't bother yourself!

Forget the long stories written above.

Why do Igbos excel outside Igboland than in Igboland?

Aba has unlimited potentials. What has the governments of the SE done to further its advancement?

What initiatives are put in place by SE Governors to further ease of business in the region?

What infrastructure have been put in place to ease trade in Ariaria market the largest in the East?

What security arrangements are in place to protect investors coming into the East?

You also want Buhari to come evacuate the waste in Ariaria and repair the Trunk B roads in the east?

2 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Basseybruce: 11:16am On Sep 02, 2018
raumdeuter:
Anyone that fails at the Presidential primary can he still go back and contest for Senate?

E.g Saraki
OMG!!! He just nailed IT. I would like to know you better sir, you are good @ polithinking..... I wld reach u sn. U understand politics well. Some pple will just be ranting here without knowing what politics is all ABOUT.
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by ivandragon: 11:18am On Sep 02, 2018
Pacesetter123:
Going by ur submission,it means PDP may never have a candidate,because none of them fits into ur description.They all ran away when the going was bad with their party.Except u r implying that the ticket should automatically be given to senator Ahmed Markarfi.He is the only one among them that stood firm in times of adversary.

if its markafi, then so be it. (I think lamido stayed, though he contributed to the fall of PDP).
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
LOL so that desert dashed it's self '18 million voters' and the SW with Lagos has 12 million?

fuccing zoo

Lagos population isn't more than 21 million.
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by FBIL: 11:25am On Sep 02, 2018
I want TAMBUWAL/WIKE ticket so that Buhari will sweep South East and everywhere else. Igbos sacrificed much to support Goodluck Jonathan who came from nowhere and who ''had no ethnic group''. Igbos are suffering today in Buhari's regime because they are not back stabbers. Once they're with you, they're with you. But if Wike is Parochially plotting to pair with Tambuwal, it means he's using ''Ikwere village sense'' to run national affairs which will bury the party. Igbos have resolved to ''let the next 4 years go'', meaning if we're not part of it, then we'll vote Buhari to at least show we don't hate him. But if we're part of it, then we will defend our interest, even if we fail. No one ever predicts the mind of a person held to the ground in a wrestling match. When an intelligent and patient man keeps mum while his belongings are carted away before his eyes, his silence becomes eerie. To chase away a monster, you'd need another monster to do that successfully. Kwankwaso/Peter Obi/Ekweremadu etc.will be a tough fight. Not that Kwankwaso is good but you need another strong Kano man to destablize divide the mind of people from that area. No noise oh...! Let's watch them..!!

1 Like

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Ballmer: 11:27am On Sep 02, 2018
FBIL:

A man wrestled to the ground goes nowhere except under. I am shocker that countries are trying to split Nigeria, this Igbo delusion is based on excessive cocaine intake in the yeast.

1 Like

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Adeevah(m): 11:33am On Sep 02, 2018
BREAKING NEWS!
2019: Bukola Saraki picks Dink Melaye as his running mate

Like for APC
Share for PDP
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Adeevah(m): 11:35am On Sep 02, 2018
Majornuggets:

Yes they can

Good
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Smartwave: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2018
Bede2u:
lol...ppl with high infant mortality o. We are under colonization by the north west my brother....many of the ppl that make up that 18 million voters are 14 year old kids.

dreamer!!!!! Bro. You are wrong, the figure is purely correct. Don't be deceived, population is High in north. I work in northeast, I can tell you that. The rate at which this people gives birth is alarming. Moreover, they always take election case serious unlike most of us in South. Many in south up till refuse to registered for PVC, and vow not to. Imaging one of my coworker did not show up at office for good four days just because of PVC, and nothing happened. He was even praised for his dedication. Imaging that?

3 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Edcure1: 11:49am On Sep 02, 2018
Pacesetter123:
Going by ur submission,it means PDP may never have a candidate,because none of them fits into ur description.They all ran away when the going was bad with their party.Except u r implying that the ticket should automatically be given to senator Ahmed Markarfi.He is the only one among them that stood firm in times of adversary.
Sule Lamido too. Or is he not in the race?

1 Like

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by mizzytan(m): 11:50am On Sep 02, 2018
Interesting. Most Igbos would want to vote for Apc because they see 2023 as the year for them to produce a President.
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Ugosample(m): 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
Ornament2003:
I know quite well that Saraki, Atiku, kwankwaso, Tambuwal et al can NEVER become the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

As for Saraki, he has reached the peak of his political career. The only movement available for him is downward the political leader. And if care is not taken, due to greed, cunningcraftiness he might crashland badly.

You can quote me.

If you know, you know.

Buhari is in power till 2023. Then southwest will stage a huge comeback & hold on to power till 2031.

Unless, and until the Igbo people change their mindset and align with the right people, they would continue to play the second, or even third fiddle till His kingdom come.

Mark my word.

What does Igbos have to do with this now? ?

And when the presidency is "zoned" to the South, you really think it will be someone from the SW that will be given the ticket? ? grin
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Ugosample(m): 12:02pm On Sep 02, 2018
mizzytan:
Interesting. Most Igbos would want to vote for Apc because they see 2023 as the year for them to produce a President.

That's highly unlikely though
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by kollinz1234(m): 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

Please, how are Igbos marginalised?
Is it in oil wells?
In projects?
Government appointments?
Or you want to benefit from a candidate you hate and wish death?

How exactly are Igbos marginalised?
So in all I mentioned the only thing u picked was that the igbos are being marginalised?? Anyways strive to succeed as an individual then the society irrespective of who controls the govt will not bother u
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Odogwuskido(m): 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2018
MartinCorridon:
My analysis :

The Nation is supposedly owned by Tinubu.

The newspaper is using propaganda to sow discord in the PDP camp.

If it seems Kwankwaso might get ticket ahead of Saraki/Atiku, the others would start attacking Kwankwaso.

If the fight is very bitter and nasty, the losers won't support the eventual winner of the PDP ticket

Saraki/ Atiku are the strongest candidates...but the Nation is intelligently pushing Kwankwaso/ Tambuwal forward
Coming from the Nation Newspaper, I am not surprised!
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Damlord: 12:50pm On Sep 02, 2018
PDP will never rule this country again with this name unless d name is changed.
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by joameh: 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2018
Even if all PDP comes together as one,hahaahahaahaa PMB will still defeat them hands down mark my word come 2019.....
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Eponyeeboz: 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2018
kollinz1234:
So in all I mentioned the only thing u picked was that the igbos are being marginalised?? Anyways strive to succeed as an individual then the society irrespective of who controls the govt will not bother u. But if u still want to know how the Igbo's r been marginalised, u can call me on 081xxxxxxxx9

I agree with you, Pls remove your number cos of spammers.

What I believe is that the key to the redemption of the SE is in the hands of its leaders and not outsiders. When I talk of leaders, I'm not talking about charlatans like TA Orji.

Once that is generally understood, people won't bother dragging Buhari and Tinubu into Igbo matters.

1 Like

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Eponyeeboz: 12:57pm On Sep 02, 2018
Ugosample:

And when the presidency is "zoned" to the South, you really think it will be someone from the SW that will be given the ticket? ? grin

Who wants to pick it in the SE? Rochas that you hate or Ngige that you loathe?

Tickets aren't given, they are fought for and won. If you don't align, build bridges and promote your interest, you'll keep crying without results.

1 Like

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Bolognese: 1:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
Because the Presidential Primaries of PDP holds last (October 6th i guess)...

PDP's Governorship, Senate and House or Reps Primaries including appeals must have been concluded before the presidential primaries.

It's different from what happened in 2014, where the APC presidential primaries was conducted first before National Assembly, Governorship and State House of Assembly primaries.

Pacesetter123:
Why?How?
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Eponyeeboz: 1:02pm On Sep 02, 2018
Ugosample:

Tickets aren't given, they are fought for and won. If you don't align, build bridges and promote your interest, you'll keep crying without results.

If its zoned to the South, forget it, the SE can't stop the SW from getting it if the SW is interested in it. Remember the SW has produced President - FHR Speaker - VP back to back with the SE only producing a Senate President in 2007.

If the SE doesn't key in between now and February next year, they may not get in until 2039.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by Ugosample(m): 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

If its zoned to the South, forget it, the SE can't stop the SW from getting it if the SW is interested in it. Remember the SW has produced President - FHR Speaker - VP back to back with the SE only producing a Senate President in 2007.

If the SE doesn't key in between now and February next year, they may not get in until 2039.

undecided undecided
Re: 2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki by onatisi(m): 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
The battle for 2019 presidential seat will be won and determined by the south south and south east and it seems APC has realized this and they are trying to woo many core pdp members from that regions ,this is something pdp must look critically at and they must not take the support of those regions for granted,if the current defections of pdp members in those regions to APC is anything to go by then pdp really needs to be worried

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Nigeria In The Brink Of Another Civil War? - Al Jazeera / Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic / Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In South Africa (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.