Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? (17072 Views)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Now Received / Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs / Photo Is A Month And 6 Days Wish Item I Ordered Yet Arrived (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Gptech(m): 11:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
coolopj:

actually it's not in Nigeria this happened
Ok then, just speaking from some experiences here in 9ja.
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by rOsy247(f): 12:25am On Sep 04, 2018
Gptech:

Scared of what in particular? Your money is safe. What are you ordering?

Scared of ordering anything o cos of the comments I read here. Actually I wanted to order one correct gown I saw on the website at least to see how they operate.
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Kehvyngrey(m): 1:10am On Sep 04, 2018
Trendy247:
Mrning guys, please I need ur suggestion. I started buying from aliexpress 4 months ago, and ever since then, no item I ordered took longer than 3 weeks to arrive.
I ordered for a sweater on the 29th of July, uptil nw I've not received a call for pickup. I had to go to the post office last week to confirm if it has arrived but was told it hasn't arrived yet.
I don't want to open dispute yet. Please is there anyway to track its location here in Nigeria?
Just dropped a new song featuring WIZKID, DAVIDO & DRAKE - GUCCI BAG�

Link ⏩
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YasfAjyAfaE

If you enjoy the song, share & subscribe!
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by HelpMySoul: 4:35am On Sep 04, 2018
kripen:
this is the reason I don't want to be ordering things from Aliexpress rather I use jumia even if it seems things are costlier in jumia. they should try and open at least one office in Nigeria becos if they do this kind of issue that you will now be looking for your shipped item will be a thing of the past.
bros, get a chinese agent to buy and ship through Nigerian shipper to you. Simple

1 Like

Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Gptech(m): 6:47am On Sep 04, 2018
rOsy247:

Scared of ordering anything o cos of the comments I read here. Actually I wanted to order one correct gown I saw on the website at least to see how they operate.
Just select AliExpress Standard shipping when placing your order for now, you'll be fine.
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Kikimarshall: 7:43am On Sep 04, 2018
HelpMySoul:
bros, get a chinese agent to buy and ship through Nigerian shipper to you. Simple

please where can I get a Chinese agent?
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Specyano(m): 9:35am On Sep 04, 2018
Gptech:

They are have been more reliably for a long while now, though they still have their glitches here and there once in a while, though their performance have been really haphazard this year.

how many days b4 a phone get down here in Lagos through it
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 04, 2018
coolopj:
I still prefer Gearbest to Aliexpress because they use priority mail in sending most of their items.Recently i ordered Bluedio T5 headset from aliexpress and i was given a tracking number that can't be tracked except on aliexpress tracking site.Eventually the item encountered a failed delivery, a week after i use thesame address to purchase a laptop bag on gearbest, lo and behold, it got delivered successfully.I went ahead and open a dispute but aliexpress judgement favoured the seller stating that the seller actually shipped the item that it was my address that has issues. I make them realized that any item that encountered failed delivery supposed to have indications that it should be returned to a particular address provided by the seller. But Aliexpress turned deaf and my money was not refunded.I decided to chat the seller she keeps assuring me that she'll send me another one but now she has changed her promise.She keeps telling me to call the post office which i've gone to several times and they couldn't figure out the location of the item because the tracking number provided can't be tracked on their site.

You can escalate your dispute if you're not happy with the judgement. I did it and my money was refunded in full.

Sign in to ali site, Goto help and click on Customer service, you'll see top questions then click on returns and refund, click on dispute process, then click on " I am not satisfied with a dispute result. What can I do?" follow through to chat with a customer service agent and provide the details of your order to enable him/her help you. Goodluck!

3 Likes

Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by HelpMySoul: 10:29am On Sep 04, 2018
Kikimarshall:

please where can I get a Chinese agent?
how can you be buying things from Ali express and you don't know this? Besides 1688.com is way cheaper than Aliexpress.com
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by HelpMySoul: 10:31am On Sep 04, 2018
coolopj:
I still prefer Gearbest to Aliexpress because they use priority mail in sending most of their items.Recently i ordered Bluedio T5 headset from aliexpress and i was given a tracking number that can't be tracked except on aliexpress tracking site.Eventually the item encountered a failed delivery, a week after i use thesame address to purchase a laptop bag on gearbest, lo and behold, it got delivered successfully.I went ahead and open a dispute but aliexpress judgement favoured the seller stating that the seller actually shipped the item that it was my address that has issues. I make them realized that any item that encountered failed delivery supposed to have indications that it should be returned to a particular address provided by the seller. But Aliexpress turned deaf and my money was not refunded.I decided to chat the seller she keeps assuring me that she'll send me another one but now she has changed her promise.She keeps telling me to call the post office which i've gone to several times and they couldn't figure out the location of the item because the tracking number provided can't be tracked on their site.
GearBest is limited when compared to Aliexpress. Gear Best is mainly for electronic gadgets but Aliexpress is multi purpose.
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Trendy247: 10:35am On Sep 04, 2018
HelpMySoul:
how can you be buying things from Ali express and you don't know this? Besides 1688.com is way cheaper than Aliexpress.com
How do I view in English, how do I know price of items in naira and lastly do they ship directly to Nigeria like aliexpress?
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by HelpMySoul: 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2018
Trendy247:

How do I view in English, how do I know price of items in naira and lastly do they ship directly to Nigeria like aliexpress?
Google Chrome translator can help with the language barrier.

The price u see there is in Yuan. If your item is 100 yuan, copy the price and head to google. Type 100 yuan vs dollar and you will get the dollar price.

You send the link of the product to a Chinese agent who on turn purchase for you after paying via PayPal. Nigeria PayPal is okay for this. The agent sends the goods to Nigerian shipper recommended by you. When the goods gets to Lagos, you pay the shipper and carry your goods. That is how we do it.

1 Like

Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by rOsy247(f): 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2018
Gptech:

Just select AliExpress Standard shipping when placing your order for now, you'll be fine.

Ok
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Gptech(m): 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2018
Specyano:

how many days b4 a phone get down here in Lagos through it
Within 3 weeks, in most cases it's within 2 actually.
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by adeniyisamuel59(m): 6:57am On Sep 06, 2018
coolopj:
Ouch! I am having a similar challenge now, I ordered for an item about 6 days ago but I was given number that China post registered airmail did not recognize, I contacted the seller, up till now, he has not responded. I doubt if I will order from Aliexpress again, this is the second time I am having issues with them, what I ordered from gearbest has delivered successfully without hitches.
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by ezeudo152: 10:31am On Sep 06, 2018
I bought something on aliexpress since April, up to now I have not heard anything. I tracked it the result gave unsuccessful. I tried Gearbest and I was marvelled, it came within 10 days.

Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Gptech(m): 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2018
ezeudo152:
I bought something on aliexpress since April, up to now I have not heard anything. I tracked it the result gave unsuccessful. I tried Gearbest and I was marvelled, it came within 10 days.
Your item is wallowing in your post office, unsuccessful means item is there.
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Gptech(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2018
adeniyisamuel59:
Ouch! I am having a similar challenge now, I ordered for an item about 6 days ago but I was given number that China post registered airmail did not recognize, I contacted the seller, up till now, he has not responded. I doubt if I will order from Aliexpress again, this is the second time I am having issues with them, what I ordered from gearbest has delivered successfully without hitches.
What did you order, is it extraordinarily cheap? If some sellers make a mistake in pricing, they end up giving you a fake tracking number, they want to refund your money, so need to open a dispute. Track from here and see the result https://global.cainiao.com

This item is already in Nigeria, calculate how many days.

Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Trendy247: 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2018
Gptech:

What did you order, is it extraordinarily cheap? If some sellers make a mistake in pricing, they end up giving you a fake tracking number, they want to refund your money, so need to open a dispute. Track from here and see the result https://global.cainiao.com

Abeg u fit interpret this 4me?

Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by dasphinx1(m): 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2018
Trendy247:

Abeg u fit interpret this 4me?

Expect a call from your nearest post office to come and pick your item.

3 Likes

Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by silaxx(m): 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2018
Darkseid:
If you dare to order any ordinary packet to Benin post office, just forget it. The people there are criminals.
i do receive all my items ordered...... @ ugbowo post office
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by silaxx(m): 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
rOsy247:

go ahead with placing ur order, u will get it

1 Like

Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Darkseid(m): 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2018
silaxx:
i do receive all my items ordered...... @ ugbowo post office
I'm talking about the main post office at airport road, I have over six items that are missing in that post office.
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by adeniyisamuel59(m): 11:48am On Sep 07, 2018
Gptech:

With this your tracking, Singapore post much be faster than China post registered airmail.
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by coolopj: 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2018
marimaar:

You can escalate your dispute if you're not happy with the judgement. I did it and my money was refunded in full.

Sign in to ali site, Goto help and click on Customer service, you'll see top questions then click on returns and refund, click on dispute process, then click on " I am not satisfied with a dispute result. What can I do?" follow through to chat with a customer service agent and provide the details of your order to enable him/her help you. Goodluck!

Thanks for the hint..

I chat with aliexpress customer care and explained what happened..I was asked to goto post office to get attestation that i didn't receive the item.I decided to track the item again and i saw that the item has been returned to the shipping agent, i notify the customer care agent immediately and he said he'll write an appeal on my behalf but it's gonna take 10 days before i can get feedback.
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Mystiq25(m): 8:47am On Sep 09, 2018
I have been receiving the same update for 10 days now, "item handed over to airline/transporter".

Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Specyano(m): 11:52pm On Sep 09, 2018
Gptech:
how much will the post office charge for Xiaomi phone
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Gptech(m): 7:51am On Sep 10, 2018
Specyano:

how much will the post office charge for Xiaomi phone
Depends, ensure you message seller to declare the phone as 'electronic device', not as phone, that way you not expected to pay more than 5H to post office.

2 Likes

Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Specyano(m): 8:43am On Sep 10, 2018
Gptech:

Depends, ensure you message seller to declare the phone as 'electronic device', not as phone, that way you not expected to pay more than 5H to post office.
what if it's stated phone nko
Re: The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? by Gptech(m): 8:54am On Sep 10, 2018
Specyano:

what if it's stated phone nko
You might incur the so called customs charge, you can be charged fees from 10-15k.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gionee M5, 6000mah And 4 Day Battery Life / 5 Key Considerations For Purchasing A New Smartphone / How To Upload Picture On Twitter With Any Browser (java Users)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.