Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency (5729 Views)

Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko / Why I Want To Be President, By Ekwueme / Igbo Senators Shun Ekwueme's 80th Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by bkbabe99: 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2010
This Ekwueme guy is Ibo? lol. No surprises there. . . . .
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2010
udezue:

Northerners can go to hell with their silly agreement. Is PDP constitution Nigerian constitution? GJ does not need to honor such a silly arrangement. Since when have the North lived up to agreement btwn them and South? Its time we beat them to their game. Play the game like they play it too. Middlebelt states like Plateau are not even on the same page with them so nothing mega.

It is not a Northern Agreement, it is a PDP agreement and PDP comprises of politicians from all regions of this country. Jonathan agreed to this himself, he was not FORCED, and that is why he is sitting today where he is. He joined the party with the knowledge of that agreement being in place and enjoyed it taking him to where he is today.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by onyengbu1(m): 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2010
bk/babe99:

This Ekwueme guy is Ibo? lol. No surprises there. . . . .

You are gradually evolving into something that will soon be sounding like becomrich.

Keep on with it!
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by bkbabe99: 6:36pm On Jun 30, 2010
onye_ngbu:

You are gradually evolving into something that will soon be sounding like becomrich.

Keep on with it!

Sure! Negro, shut the hell up! Actionless fuckas! Meanwhile, look at what I gleaned about ur country on the net!

Nigeria
Also found in: Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia, Hutchinson

Ni·ge·ri·a (n-jîr-)

A country of western Africa on the Gulf of Guinea. Population: 150,000,000. A country of known "big mouths". They talk alot of shiyyt but never back it up. They are used to suffering unlike no other persons on planet earth. For fifty years they've been taken on a ride by their government. For Fifty years they've been violently,and condomlessly, "mind-fucke*d" by the political ruling class. They believe that God will come down from the heavens to solve their problems. Their Senators are the highest paid Government officials on earth, earning an average of $1million suskies per annum. The citizens are known to fight everyone else but the person that punched them in the face (i.e Biafrans' hatred for the Yorubas even though the Hausas barbecued them 1967-1970). The most religious people on earth, hypocritical as all hell as indicated by almost daily reports of at least one of their citizens being arrested in one part of the globe or the other for either drug or financial crimes. Their brightest brains are always killed off systematically by the State. Old, senile, and blindly followed ex-warlords usually endorse other old, senile, murderous, and terribly corrupt military ex-Heads of states as Presidents in civilian elections- - - so long as the necessary bribe has been paid! It is believed that Jesus' first stop on his return to earth will be to this shiyyyt hole.

Ni·geri·an adj. & n.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by Dede1(m): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2010
Nigeria is known to lack socio-politico-economic principles. If rotational presidency did not exist in the manifesto of PDP, Goodluck Jonathan could not have been president of Nigeria period. If he fails to respect the gentlemanly agreement of rotational presidency in PDP, he will certainly loose the election whether it is fair or not.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by adconline(m): 11:26pm On Jun 30, 2010
We all knew it was for this same rotational agreement among PDP the Ibo's held the post of Senate president for 8years even as many times as they kept on impeaching themselves.
Point of correction, Igbos did not impeach Senate presidents, the Senate did. Igbos with 5 states would only get 15 votes and 2/3 of 109 senators ie 72 senators would be required to impeach a president. Got it?
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by udezue(m): 11:33pm On Jun 30, 2010
Kobojunkie, northern, PDP, ND, Igbo, SOuthern, Nigerian or Ekiti agreement. Who cares? GJ is not obligated to honor and that's how the game is played by Nigerians so why are u ppl all getting righteous all of a sudden?
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by debosky(m): 11:34pm On Jun 30, 2010
adconline:

We all knew it was for this same rotational agreement among PDP the Ibo's held the post of Senate president for 8years even as many times as they kept on impeaching themselves.
Point of correction, Igbos did not impeach  Senate presidents, the Senate did. Igbos with 5 states would only get 15 votes and 2/3 of 109 senators ie 72 senators would be required to impeach a president. Got it?

As an aside, there would be no impeachment if the Igbo senators were not in support, angling to take over the position.

Ekwueme hasn't said anything new - zoning is an 'agreement', so people can 'disagree' at a later stage. As long as it wasn't written into PDP's constitution, the agreement is not legally binding and can fall at any time.

Even with the so called agreement, Atiku was virtually campaigning in 2003 till OBJ begged him to relent, so I don't see any difference now.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Jun 30, 2010
udezue:

Kobojunkie, northern, PDP, ND, Igbo, SOuthern, Nigerian or Ekiti agreement. Who cares? GJ is not obligated to honor and that's how the game is played by Nigerians so why are u ppl all getting righteous all of a sudden?
Actually, you ought to care because knowing exactly where this agreement applies will go a long way in helping you better understand what is going on here and why playing VICTIM in this will not do.
He essentially SIGNED THE AGREEMENT when he became a PDP member, and took advantage of the agreement to get to where he is today. If he does not honor it, I suggest you think of the repercussions, not just to him but future leaders from his zone. Sure he can use his position today to circumvent it, but how good will that card work for future leaders from his zone?
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by Goldmind1(m): 11:48pm On Jun 30, 2010
I think I know Dr. Alex Ekwueme much more than any body in this forum. Ekwueme is just a loser. Having lost to OBJ twice, (1999 and 2003), he also lost as a godfather in Anambra guber race twice (Dr. Chinwoke Mbadinuju and Prof. Chukwuma Soludo). He now wants the North to conpensate him at the expense of his fellow southerners.

All his judgements are not balanced, the next thing he would do is to bring in church politics. For God' sake he too old for politics and besides he's not so strong bodily. If he would hear me, he should honourably retire home to his three housewives and one divorced wife rather than doing politics with the young boys like Peter Obi, Dimeji Bankole, Goodluck Jonathan and co.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by OAM4J: 11:52pm On Jun 30, 2010
IMO, if Jonathan decides to contest, he would still not be breaking the agreement except the agreement stipulates that each zone must have two terms.

After Obj (south) came Yaradua (north), so it is the turn of the south or was it Jonathan or Southern conspiracy that killed Yaradua?
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by udezue(m): 12:05am On Jul 01, 2010
Kobojunkie, back n da 60s ppl from his zone also signed an agreement that the North with tacit support of the West disregarded and what was the repercussion. The days of fearing the HausaNorth is over. GJ should and can throw the agreement in the bin. Its non binding.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by Kobojunkie: 12:10am On Jul 01, 2010
udezue:

Kobojunkie, back n da 60s ppl from his zone also signed an agreement that the North with tacit support of the West disregarded and what was the repercussion. The days of fearing the HausaNorth is over. GJ should and can throw the agreement in the bin. Its non binding.

We are not speaking of the 60's. We are in a more civilized world looking for civilized way forward. If we decide to reneging on agreements is the way forward, we better be ready to not cry foul.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by udezue(m): 12:23am On Jul 01, 2010
Let's renege it and wait for heaven and earth to collide.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by OAM4J: 12:43am On Jul 01, 2010
udezue:

Let's renege it and wait for heaven and earth to collide.

for once I agree with you. Let the heaven fall. Can it get worse than it is?
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by Kobojunkie: 1:11am On Jul 01, 2010
OAM4J:

for once I agree with you. Let the heaven fall. Can it get worse than it is?

Well, I think it can. For one, if jonathan intends to run on the PDP ticket, he would need to get the approval of the party, would he not? If he wants to run as an independent, do you think he can get even half the votes he needs considering his record so far?
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by OAM4J: 1:31am On Jul 01, 2010
^^ 1st, what I mean is that Nigeria cannot get worse than it is presently.

About Jonathan getting PDP ticket, that it is already a done deal.

Why was Ogbulafor sacked/forced to resign? with less than N1B spent in the right places and people like Obj behind him, he has PDP ticket already.

Kobo you know naija now, or has anything changed recently?
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by Kobojunkie: 1:34am On Jul 01, 2010
OAM4J:

^^ 1st, what I mean is that Nigeria cannot get worse than it is presently.
About Jonathan getting PDP ticket, that it is already a done deal.
Why was Ogbulafor sacked/forced to resign? with less than N1B spent in the right places [size=13pt]and people like Obj behind him[/size], he has PDP ticket already.

Kobo you know naija now, or has anything changed recently?
So, you are essentially admitting we are probably getting the same old bag in a different ethnic group, but for some reason you are ok with it this time around?
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by OAM4J: 1:52am On Jul 01, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So, you are essentially admitting we are probably getting the same old bag in a different ethnic group, but for some reason you are ok with it this time around?

Where and when did i say that? I am not a PDP member or supporter.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by Kobojunkie: 4:22am On Jul 01, 2010
OAM4J:

Where and when did i say that? I am not a PDP member or supporter.

I thought your response to Udezue was in line with this. Anywho, I do hope people wise up and realize that to this very second, Jonathan has yet to show himself any different from the others before him. He plays the game like they do and does not do the job he was really hired to do in much the same way the others have done.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by buffox: 5:33am On Jul 01, 2010
If this man was convincing it would not have been a problem. Obviously, everyone advocating him is pulling the ethnic card which is fine BUT - what happens after 2015 when he hands over and all the northerners on his ship jump back to their region, and they do not need a vote from the south to win elections? You think you are going to have a southern president anytime soon (ignoring the fact that the sell-out politicians would still be bought)?

Ill be optimistic to think that our ethnic sentiments are gone and all of nigeria would be fine with a president from the north for another donkey years!
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by kettykings: 6:31am On Jul 01, 2010
@ buffox do you think if GEJ succeeds in 2011 that power will ever shift to the hausa / fulani again, me thinks that even if it shifts to the north it will go to minorities who are pro GEJ.

My big fear is if GEJ contests and babangida/igbo or SS candidate or buhari/igbo or yoruba or SS wins, Because jega refuses to bulge, that will might lead to something else.

As for GEJ my advice is this there is no permanent friends or foe or agreement in politics what we have is permanent interests.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by IRAPADA(m): 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2010
What is d problem of al this PDP fools who cal themself B.O.T do they think they are the owner of nigeria or what, is high time al other party form alliance to send them away
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by teskyg: 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2010
Power does not belong to any section of the country.There is nothing like rotational agreement in our constitution and so should not be binding on us.They have hold up to power far more than any other region. Same IBB that canceled Abiola's election is agitating for another return. They are not contributing any thing to this country and they want to rule at all cost.It is even more anoying when the think North means Islam, If power must move to the north,then the president come from the middle belt who are predominantly Christians.I think, power shift means between north and south means,South,Christains,North,Muslims,
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by hackney(m): 12:42pm On Jul 01, 2010
bk/babe99:

Sure! Negro, shut the hell up! Actionless fuckas! Meanwhile, look at what I gleaned about your country on the net!

Nigeria
Also found in: Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia, Hutchinson

Ni·ge·ri·a (n-jîr-)

A country of western Africa on the Gulf of Guinea. Population: 150,000,000. A country of known "big mouths". They talk alot of shiyyt but never back it up. They are used to suffering unlike no other persons on planet earth. For fifty years they've been taken on a ride by their government. For Fifty years they've been violently,and condomlessly, "mind-fucke*d" by the political ruling class. They believe that God will come down from the heavens to solve their problems. Their Senators are the highest paid Government officials on earth, earning an average of $1million suskies per annum. The citizens are known to fight everyone else but the person that punched them in the face (i.e Biafrans' hatred for the Yorubas even though the Hausas barbecued them 1967-1970). The most religious people on earth, hypocritical as all hell as indicated by almost daily reports of at least one of their citizens being arrested in one part of the globe or the other for either drug or financial crimes. Their brightest brains are always killed off systematically by the State. Old, senile, and blindly followed ex-warlords usually endorse other old, senile, murderous, and terribly corrupt military ex-Heads of states as Presidents in civilian elections- - - so long as the necessary bribe has been paid! It is believed that Jesus' first stop on his return to earth will be to this shiyyyt hole.

Ni·geri·an adj. & n.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Strangely, you made a lot of points.
Nigeria is just a joke.

They can rotate the presidency up their a.rs.e !!
cheesy cheesy
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by bisiaet: 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2010
But Ekweme contested with Obasanjo in 2003? So what is he trying to say now. If even PDP agreed then can they release any backup document for this agreement to the public? Beside if they truely had the back up does Nigeria as a country agreeed or was their any refredum about this agreement done?

I presume all this agreement were done (if truely done then) just to manipulate people and for PDP to hang on power for a longer time as they belief for ever it will be PDP that will be ruling Nigeria that is why Nigerians, the constitution or other party were not relevant or consulted before arriving at such selfish decision of zoning.

With the way this Northern displayed their colour and character during Yar'dua and for this so much desperate zoning syndrome they are crying about there is something hidden in their mind. I dont see this call for zoning from this so called Northern people to be true and sincere, the desperateness is too alarming.

I can bet if this people manage to cling that power again that will be the end of the show it will take God intervention to take it back from them because there is sense of loosing out of national schemes and important position in their mind they are frustrated with the fear they are loosing out of says as per Nigeria as a country.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by shogbenga: 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2010
even though pdp has a zoning arrangement in place, i think the party is flexible about it. it is on record that late abubakar rimi contested the pdp primaries against obj despite the zonning. are we saying that if he had won the primaries, pdp wouldnt have allowed him to contest. However we should be interested in getting the best candidate for 2011 to run the affairs of the country, even if the person is a yoruba man.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by onyengbu1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2010
shogbenga:

even though pdp has a zoning arrangement in place, i think the party is flexible about it. it is on record that late abubakar rimi contested the pdp primaries against obj despite the zonning. are we saying that if he had won the primaries, pdp wouldnt have allowed him to contest. However we should be interested in getting the best candidate for 2011 to run the affairs of the country, even if the person is a yoruba man.

It is not just that Rimi and OBJ, Rochas Okorocha also contested PDP primaries with Yar Adua and came second.

How come the 'gentleman agreement' was not cited then.

Why didnt PDP stop him from even declaring interest since the arrangement has been there since 1998.

Some people need to think, abeg.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2010
shogbenga:

onye_ngbu:

It is not just that Rimi and OBJ, Rochas Okorocha also contested PDP primaries with Yar Adua and came second.

How come the 'gentleman agreement' was not cited then.

Why didnt PDP stop him from even declaring interest since the arrangement has been there since 1998.

Some people need to think, abeg.

It is my opinion that the questions you ask here show you two are a bit too naive on what goes on during elections than you are willing to accept.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by buffox: 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2010
kettykings:

@ buffox do you think if GEJ succeeds in 2011 that power will ever shift to the hausa / fulani again, me thinks that even if it shifts to the north it will go to minorities who are pro GEJ.

My big fear is if GEJ contests and babangida/igbo or SS candidate or buhari/igbo or yoruba or SS wins, Because jega refuses to bulge, that will might lead to something else.

As for GEJ my advice is this there is no permanent friends or foe or agreement in politics what we have is permanent interests.

ha ha! Dude u think any of the northerners on GJs bandwagon now are really pro-GJ? Its already established some of them are double-dealing, the rest of them have very clear personal interests. You really think a northerner would be so pro-GJ he would sellout on his people when GJ leaves?

Wait till they get power again, thats when you would understand what northern politics is about. Thats when you would understand the consequences of what is happening now. Politics would ALWAYS be about numbers, no matter the dynamics!
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by onyengbu1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2010

It is my opinion that the questions you ask here show you two are a bit too naive on what goes on during elections than you are willing to accept.

Abegi, educate me on this naivety issue as it concerns the gentleman arrangement and what goes on during elections.

You will be suprised at how prompt I will be  to accept my naivety.
Re: Ekwueme: PDP Agreed On Rotational Presidency by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2010
I think it might be best if you look back at what happened during the 2007 PDP Primaries, and how many people already knew who was to run on the PDP Ticket even before the end. If you can, read some of the reports during that period to get a better picture of how PDP probably handles their business. It is just naive to ask why people from other regions were allowed to run during those primaries when it is easy for one to conclude from events of past that those events were likely orchestrated for the benefit of the public.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LASTMA Musn't Drive Impounded Vehicles / Sokoto PDP Disowns National Secretariat / "Baba One Chance" . . . Buhari's New Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.