Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War (60703 Views)

Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) / How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) / FG Patches Potholes On Sagamu-Ore Axis Of The Lagos-Benin Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by djon78(m): 2:50pm On Sep 06, 2018
CodeTemplar:

India is a nation on the rise. They are not China yet but fast becoming China.
The problem with Nigeria is we are not productive. If Nigerians are as productive as China and every citizen pays substantial amount as tax then govt will be happy to have more citizens. In Nigeria oil income meets our needs largely and this oil income doesn't grow by population.
The only reason Nigerian leader love population growth is for election purpose.

Stop spewing falsehood. Nigerians are very productive. Nigerians do extremely well outside. Like in US Nigerians are known to be very productive.

The problem is having the right leadership that will be able to create the right pathway and blueprint for the development of Nigeria. A leadership that will harness Nigeria's natural and human resources effectively. Rwanda has gotten that in Paul Kagame. Leadership is the key.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Oluaso: 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2018
The problem with our roads is the predominance of trailers.Until we are able to do something about it we will be going round in circles

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Amberon: 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2018
Lmao...sense will not kill you sha
Esejojo:

Please. Let me get you right. So, you mean the more the population, the more the tendency to have potholes on the roads?
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by enigma2007(m): 2:53pm On Sep 06, 2018
Dpharisee:
Thats what you get with Quality Leadership

Nigerians can never stand the kind of leadership they have in Rwanda.. Someone ruling them since year 2000 and i dont think he is leaving anytime soon.

In 3+ years, we have started calling Buhari a dictator. Now imagine someone that had been around since year 2000 and that jail opposition for daring to contest against him...

In summary, no quality leadership in Africa my guy...

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Amberon: 2:54pm On Sep 06, 2018
If there are no open drainages people will not throw waste in them. The problem is govt problem.
eleojo23:
Chai...!
Even Rwanda!
We need change of mindset down here. Government property is our property. Don't do things that will damage the environment and make it look filthy. Here people throw things on the road and into the gutters anyhow. These wastes end up blocking the few drainages that we have, and the water remains on the road thereby leading to potholes

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by enigma2007(m): 2:55pm On Sep 06, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Probably because of their huge resources(i.e revenue) to complement it. Resources and population goes hand in hand. Compare with India which population is almost same with China but generate much lower revenue.

and don't forget that they are not running a democracy. So it is easier to get things done wthout all these going back and forth that we have between the Legislative and Executive arms of the government.

2 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Idrismusty97(m): 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2018
chukwutope:

India is much smaller geographically compared to China. This would not be a fair comparison. The people in India are free, unlike china where there is government restriction even to have 2 kids until recently. Google, banned, youtube banned, facebook banned - muslims ill-treated. To me that is an oppressive society.
An oppressive society that get things done. Besides the people aren't revolting and recent polls and surveys etc shows they believe in their government 100%! They love their communism unlike North Korea.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by djon78(m): 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2018
seguno2:

Are you saying that Nigeria did not exist before independence?
Your family and your people have no history before 1968, which is 50 years ago?
Is that what you mean?
Does that make sense to you

Nigeria became an independent Nation 1960. Before they were ruled by the British. Before then they were just scattered tribes. It was Europeans that even gave it a shape.
So Nigeria is 58 years of age. US is over 300years, Europe has more than 3000years of administrative history as far back as Alexander the great, Greek and Roman Empire. If you read the bible , Jesus was born when Ceaser Augustus then emperor of Rome decreed census for the entire Roman Empire. So Mary and Joseph went back to Bethlehem there village to be counted and Jesus was then Born.

China has been civilised as far back as before Christ.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Amberon: 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2018
Be consoling yourself o
awelekiti:
My lasgidi is much better. And our population in Lagos would swallow that of Rwanda
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by CodeTemplar: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2018
djon78:

Stop spewing falsehood. Nigerians are very productive. Nigerians do extremely well outside. Like in US Nigerians are known to be very productive.

The problem is having the right leadership that will be able to create the right pathway and blueprint for the development of Nigeria. A leadership that will harness Nigeria's natural and human resources effectively. Rwanda has gotten that in Paul Kagame. Leadership is the key.
So you mean in those local govt areas with no labs but 40 lab attendants in their payroll are also productive?
Activity isn't productivity.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Jamestown123: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2018
RexTramadol1:

And how many Indians are flown to Nigeria for surgeries or health related issues

You'd better wake up to new realities, even years back

India decided to work 24hours, you know why?

We are talking about infrastructure, good road, good water and neatness which India don't have.
I
To make up for lost time.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Jamestown123: 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2018
Ugosample:

That's not true

I have been to so so many cities and villages across Africa (At the last count, more than 50)
So I know what I'm saying

In ivory Coast, I have been to Khorhogo, Man, Abidjan, Yamaosoukro and even Bouaké

The development's in each of these places is better than their counterparts in Nigeria

Even villages close to the border with Liberia has constant electricity and in some cases running water

How many cities in Nigeria can boast of that?

In Benin I have been ri cotonou, Abomey, Abomey Cakavi, Ouudah, even Parakou
even though the infrastructures there are not spectacular, they maintain it and it is functional enough, with running water from a central board and electricity everywhere

What of Togo? Lomé and Atakpame try very much in infrastructures (running water and electricity)
unfortunately they are not economically buoyant like say Nigeria or ivory Coast

Ghana nko? I have been to Cape coast, Accra, Tema and Kumasi.
What they have on ground is functional, and they are expanding their infrastructures into takoradi, even to Kakum village, I saw all these with my eyes.
though their water system is kind of fractured and the country expensive due to high vat, they still try and the development spread

Let me not go into other places I have seen, let's just manage this ones first

The painful truth is that the rest of Africa is progressing abeit at a slow rate, and leaving us behind

We need to sit up
although I have not been to most of the place u mentioned except Lome, doula , Kumasi and some few places, all what I know this people can boost of Is electricity if not they are not better than Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
AutoJosh is worldwide, Big Ups

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by blazercodes: 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2018
And the reason for all the loss of lives is to have good roads? No respect for the human live? "And He regretted He made man".

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Lexusgs430: 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
Jackipapa:

War for where again. I beg think straight.

E be like say the tin dey sweet you, as e dey so........
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by codemaniacs: 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2018
zz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by supereagle(m): 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2018
This is a top of a flyover in OWERRI. Our Governor is working.

3 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by seguno2: 3:46pm On Sep 06, 2018
djon78:
Nigeria became an independent Nation 1960. Before they were ruled by the British. Before then they were just scattered tribes. It was Europeans that even gave it a shape.
So Nigeria is 58 years of age. US is over 300years, Europe has more than 3000years of administrative history as far back as Alexander the great, Greek and Roman Empire. If you read the bible , Jesus was born when Ceaser Augustus then emperor of Rome decreed census for the entire Roman Empire. So Mary and Joseph went back to Bethlehem there village to be counted and Jesus was then Born.

So your family and your ancestors were not civilised until the geographical area called Nigeria was put together by the British and/or before independence of 1960?
How many people around you have a similar view of themselves and their societies/country?
You obviously don’t know your history and the parallels with the history of others.
Pathetic!
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by seguno2: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2018
codemaniacs:
you did not answer seguno2 questions...

Is that what you mean?

the ethnic NATIONS not 'tribes' already had shape the demographic in 'Nigeria' has always been there..

No european gave my family and my people their identities or shape...

In case you can't see it with your eyes, Africa had farm cities, their own languages, their own art, their own culture, their own writing systems, their own food e.t.c long before the europeans got to Africa...

Isn’t it sad that he can write that comfortably?
And there are probably millions like him.
He is obviously not aware of the civilisation and technological progress we had before Arabs and whites showed up here.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Only 12.5 million people? That's even less than Lagos population. No wonder Nigeria is viewed as the Giant of Africa. Autojosh show us a country in Africa of about 200 million with no pot holes, that'll be a fair comparism. Nevertheless it will be nice to tour Kigali

And which census figure give u that 200 million??
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2018
djon78:

And who told u Igbos or Hausas or Yorubas weren't civilized as far back as before Jesus Christ?
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Abagworo(m): 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2018
This place isn't better than most Nigerian State capitals. Still dusty with painted roads.

2 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by ajl: 4:04pm On Sep 06, 2018
Franking:

This one don bring God and prayers o. No country developed with God and Prayers.

Olodo... obviously you have comprehension issue. Let me help you. My comment is saying why are Nigerians rushing to the church/mosque when they had the chance to make good choices. It's saying God will not come down to select your leaders for you or do your parts of the deal. Is it clear now, Ogbeni.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Abagworo(m): 4:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
supereagle:
This is a top of a flyover in OWERRI. Our Governor is working.

Sometimes you need oersonal verification of some abracadabras you see online.

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by codemaniacs: 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2018
zz

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by jamjo: 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
yazach:
I have no doubt that Nigeria will be one of the best countries in the world under PMB

ALLAH BLESS ME, PMB, NIGERIANS AND NIGERIA

I wish it is a reality in your prayer, but Nigeria is a failed state under PMB sorry.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by djon78(m): 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2018
codemaniacs:

you did not answer seguno2 questions...

Is that what you mean?

the ethnic NATIONS not 'tribes' already had shape the demographic in 'Nigeria' has always been there..

No european gave my family and my people their identities or shape...

In case you can't see it with your eyes, Africa had farm cities, their own languages, their own art, their own culture, their own writing systems, their own food e.t.c long before the europeans got to Africa...

What Africans have were just tribes. They were not organised. The part of Africa that was even bit organised was even northern Africa including northern Nigeria.

When the British came for example to Nigeria Northern Nigeria were already organized. They already had administrative structures so they were given direct rule by the colonialists but southern Nigeria had no structure therefore it was much harder to be ruled and that structure is still reigning supreme even till today in Nigeria. The north is more organized politically so hold the ace in politics in Nigeria.

Then for Africa, go through history first the Tran's Atlantic Slave Trade and then colonialism. Especially for colonialism, was Africa organized that Europeans n Berlin of late 1897 shared Africa among themselves?

Please face the Truth. All those were mere tribes which the Europeans subjugated with mere shooting of gun. They were just tribes, nothing more

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by IkeMattie: 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2018
You said Kigali the capital city. What of Mugali (sic) the other state and others. Do they also have roads devoid of potholes?
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by supereagle(m): 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2018
Abagworo:

Sometimes you need oersonal verification of some abracadabras you see online.

They are real. You need to come to see the road upfront of UBA Imbari. Relief Market road terrible, CHUKWUMA Nwoha towards EGBU road end terrible and many more.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Afonja007: 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Only 12.5 million people? That's even less than Lagos population. No wonder Nigeria is viewed as the Giant of Africa. Autojosh show us a country in Africa of about 200 million with no pot holes, that'll be a fair comparism. Nevertheless it will be nice to tour Kigali
nigeria 200 million using 6000 megawatts south korea 50 million using 40000 how about that
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by CioAngels(f): 4:53pm On Sep 06, 2018
While giant of Africa, Nigeria is having gullies allover Nigeria that are taken the lives of Nigerians. Why, because Nigerians are pathologically thieves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray / Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians / 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.