Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War (60704 Views)

Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) / How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) / FG Patches Potholes On Sagamu-Ore Axis Of The Lagos-Benin Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by wanted2018(m): 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2018
Selected roads in 36 states of Nigeria will look like haven on earth. This post made no sense.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by AreaFada2: 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2018
majekdom2:
you don’t get it... we didnt need a war to build a decent country !

But once it happened and so much loss incurred, it was a big chance to appreciate peace & put a good political system in place that will ensure lasting peace & economic progress. I wonder about your level of historical knowledge. Germany & Japan are two of the most peaceful and successful industrial nations of the second part of last century. Both arose from the ruins and ashes of war.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by AngelicBeing: 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2018
cool
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Only 12.5 million people? That's even less than Lagos population. No wonder Nigeria is viewed as the Giant of Africa. Autojosh show us a country in Africa of about 200 million with no pot holes, that'll be a fair comparism. Nevertheless it will be nice to tour Kigali

That really has nothing to do with the feat. Population asna determining variable would only come into play when per capita welfare or something that distributes a mass quantity over many heads is in question.

Even then the bigger country would have to be disadvantaged in cash or other resource terms....nigeria is wealthier and more endowed than Rwanda.
One should be encouraging them for the smart and judicious use of scarce resources and not looking for flimsy excuses. 400 billion Usd of economic activity in nigeria occurs against the backdrop of dilapidated infrastructure. As against the less than 10 billion in rwanda, that does so over more developed infrastructure.
Even when comparing naija to brazil and other similarly sized nations it fails. Have u been to sao paulo? 28 million ppl and the core urban areas are run so well with regard to utility provision and provision of social services.
Can u argue per head inadequacies even for brazil too?

Cmon bruh.......even ancient cities like Ephesus Alexandria and Rome beat us in town planning. Mtchew

3 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by airsaylongcon: 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2018
objobj:

That's not what he is saying. He meant the more pressure on the I infrastructure. Guess the number of cars you have in lagos alone to what is obtainable in Rwanda as a whole.

So what will you say of New York State that has the same population size as Lagos State, considerably more cars than LAGOS and considerably less potholes?

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by oshe11: 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2018
Frenchfriez:

Brother, I consider it belittling to make such basic excuses for our failures and lack of quality infrastructure.
The fact that we're in Africa shouldn't make us struggle to be first among failures.
We aren't in the top 5 bracket of world population and every other country in the top 10 by population has more road density than Nigeria yet they have outrightly better roads(except maybe Bangladeshi and war torn Pakistan) .
By a Mile, they have more heavy duty vehicles and vehicles with heavier tonnage. So what really is the thrust of your position?

Are we gonna blame my grandfather in his grave for not constructing roads to withstand estimated vehicular traffic? What then is the due diligence (feasibility studies) in pre-contract negotiations about?

The excuses we make for our failures is sickening at best.
Like I said don't act TOO intelligent like she doesnt have a point while she does in actual fact......

And talking about countries with more populations, please do well to check the MONEY generated in these countries and compare it with Nigeria

And also the years it took them.....

My position is you are right to criticise our leaders but she is also RIGHT from her point of view(population being a cause)

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Ikpongiton: 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2018
yazach:
I have no doubt that Nigeria will be one of the best countries in the world under PMB

ALLAH BLESS ME, PMB, NIGERIANS AND NIGERIA
Three years gone,and he is still saying,i will, i will.Will,the i will brings ajaokuta steel to life?
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Nasir123(m): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2018
autojosh:
This African country -  not too long ago - was ravaged by a major civil war.

The war brought the country, most especially its capital city, Kigali, to ruins.

However, the country has revolved to pick itself from the ashes of destruction.

Today, Rwanda is fast becoming a model for many African countries.

Rwanda, under a visionary leadership, has impressively developed its social infrastructure to the extent that it has become a key destination for foreign direct investments.

On the last Saturday in each month, traffic stops and the city comes together to clean the streets of Kigali. Even the President takes part in the exercise.

Non-biodegradable plastic bags have been banned. The government fines persons or business with plastic bags.

Autojosh.com recently paid a visit to Kigali, the capital of Rwanda. While there,  something caught our attention. The network of impressive tarred roads, were all devoid of potholes!

The pothole-free tarred roads in Kigali also features streetlights that are  functional. Well-paved sidewalks further accentuate the pleasant outlook of the roads.

The road networkin Kigali is under the management of the Rwanda Transport Development Agency. The agency is supervised by the Rwanda Ministry of Infrastructure.

Rwanda - a landlocked nation - is highly dependent on road transport. The country has no rail services.

The pump price of PMS (Petrol) is 1,109 Rwanda Franc. That is equivalent of   N470/liter.

Diesel, there, sells for 1005 Rwanda Francs. That is the equivalent of N426/liter.

Rwanda Franc exchanges for 850/870 per Dollar.

Rwanda has a population of about 12,5 million inhabitants.

Paul Kagame is the President of Rwanda.

https://autojosh.com/rwanda-recently-survived-a-major-civil-war-yet-there-are-no-potholes-on-the-tarred-roads-in-kigali-see-photos/

This is one saner clan in Africa.
People there must be well mannered than Nigerians.

Nigeria!
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Only 12.5 million people? That's even less than Lagos population. No wonder Nigeria is viewed as the Giant of Africa. Autojosh show us a country in Africa of about 200 million with no pot holes, that'll be a fair comparism. Nevertheless it will be nice to tour Kigali
Kai Nigeria's illiteracy no be from this planet. Kai kai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by agabaI23(m): 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2018
Which war? You mean genocide?
Tell us about the lady who is in prison with her family for daring to declare her presidential ambition.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by hustla(m): 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2018
Olalan:
Thou not discrediting the progress made in that country this is just a show of the best places in the country....... If you put up pics of some places in Abuja and Lagos island you'll thing Nigeria is a mini Eldorado

Smh
See talk

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by RexTramadol1: 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2018
To all those saying R/wanda isn't that good bla bla, population or so

This is how INDIA,INDONESIA,SINGAPORE all started behind us

Now they are several years ahead of Nigeria and it's our reality

Not the problem of leaders really, Nigerians are so myopic that they celebrate mediocrity at any instance

I fear soon, chad will be light years ahead of us and we will keep shouting population and land mass

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Ikpongiton: 1:03pm On Sep 06, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
grin grin grin functional street light! OP, I like that!

It is the opposite in Nigeria! In fact BMCs/aka zombies should mention anything functioning as it should in this country shocked

Rwanda is under a visionary leader!!!

Here in Nigeria we celebrate mediocrity that is why we will keep having the leaders we get!

How I wish that reported earthquake can do justice once and for all to ALL these wicked leaders of ours!
it is buhari that planted that earthquake to trapped saraki
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 06, 2018
Lordofthewest:
The more the population the more problems that's why I just smile when people compare electricity generation in Nigeria to Ghana. But still not an excuse not to get it right though Ghana is like Lagos population if Lagos gets its act together it can provide stable electricity but I can't boldly say the same for 200million population.

You comment is only cementing the fact that the Chinese are far superior to us Africans, by using population as your argument.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Sleekfingers: 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2018
objobj:

That's not what he is saying. He meant the more pressure on the I infrastructure. Guess the number of cars you have in lagos alone to what is obtainable in Rwanda as a whole.

Maybe. But most of our roads are poorly tarred. I have seen roads that are tarred not up to a year. And there are lots of potholes on it.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Yea it is an excuse especially because of population density. Lagos is a tiny state with over 20million people using the available infrastructure, yet much bigger Rwanda has less population. The higher the population density the faster the rate of using the infrastructure available and the more difficult it is to keep up with maintainance

Wrong. The higher the population, the higher the amount of people available to maintain it. Population is not always a disadvantage, it can be used as an Advantage EXAMPLE: CHINA no country in Africa can be compared to china in terms off population, road usage, infrastructural usuage, heavy duty trucks on road. 1 fvcking billion and still advancing infrastructure-wise. POPULATION IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR DECAY IN INFRASTRUCTURE.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Allansmith: 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2018
Hmmmmm....God shineth thy face on our dear Country Nigeria...Amen
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by BRASH: 1:12pm On Sep 06, 2018
safarigirl:
parts of Karu and Lugbe in Abuja looks better than most of these pictures I am seeing here.

Let us not even mention Asokoro, Maitama and Wuse. These pictures better be the bad parts of Kigali because even nonsense Asaba with all their terrible roads can give me better pictures
Madam,did i hear u say lugbe? Abeg don't even go there. Am sure the angels weep whenever lugbe is mentioned. Even karu should not come in.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by CodeTemplar: 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2018
HigherEd:
Here in Nigeria the people are waiting for rccg and winners to tar road for them.
...while govt use money appropriated for roads to buy salah rams because god directly recommends ram for them but not roads.
Religion is our problem in a sense and not in another sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by safarigirl(f): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2018
BRASH:
Madam,did i hear u say lugbe? Abeg don't even go there. Am sure the angels weep whenever lugbe is mentioned. Even karu should not come in.
that is why I said 'parts'.... I did not say the entire place. I lived in Karu 8 years and I've been to Lugbe, so, yes, parts of those areas look better than these pictures. Even Kubwa and Gwarimpa have better looking places

2 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by adegeye38(m): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2018
Olalan:
Thou not discrediting the progress made in that country this is just a show of the best places in the country....... If you put up pics of some places in Abuja and Lagos island you'll thing Nigeria is a mini Eldorado
it has 24/7 power supply.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Ikpongiton: 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2018
Israelmoney:

Yes that's correct they will be less pressure on the road
but the last time i checked,they said things are better and stronger when they are bigger.may God forgive you
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by ajl: 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2018
Olalan:

Lie, lie.... we don't need any consolation.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by meccuno: 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2018
davillian:
Lol
lol grin grin grin if you know you know.........
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Idrismusty97(m): 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
That country is a "Dot" on the map with enough resources to go round, it would even be more surprising if they still have potholes.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by ajl: 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2018
Saintp:
All black African countries are shitholes Rwanda inclusive. Yes, they are better than Nigeria but they are still shithole. Unfortunately our standards in this part of the world is too low.

How many African countries have you visited to make this comment. Ordinary Abidjan, when I visited the city in mid-90s my eyes cleared say we Nija like fooling ourselves. Organized and functional city is what we are talking about.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Jamestown123: 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2018
Keep deceiving ur self and others that Kigali don't have potholes, show me which city in the world that don't have potholes. Kigali is not even close to Abuja in terms of road and beauty. Na because them the select pictures give Una una the happy go they and see how they live.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2018
youngscholar:

But if they were pictures of roads in Buenos Aires or Cambodia, I'm sure you would not have this opinion.

Black man mentality.

That’s not his point! His point is that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2018
youngscholar:

But if they were pictures of roads in Buenos Aires or Cambodia, I'm sure you would not have this opinion.

Black man mentality.

That’s not his point! His point is that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. I’m sure they’re bad sides that weren’t captured in those pictures.

I’m not implying that Nigeria isn’t underdeveloped though, considering her earnings and status.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Jackipapa: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Maybe we need a war in Nigeria, so we can restart from afresh again.....
War for where again. I beg think straight.

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by oblo(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2018
So true.. Rwanda at night
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by King44(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2018
yazach:
I have no doubt that Nigeria will be one of the best countries in the world under PMB

ALLAH BLESS ME, PMB, NIGERIANS AND NIGERIA
sharraaaaaaaaap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray / 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. / Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.