Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,936 members, 7,952,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:43 PM

My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller (34427 Views)

My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos / Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today / Lady Shares Her Experience At The ATM Which Had More Than 20 Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by gnykelly(m): 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2018
leonard002:
Guess what, I was in the streets of Lagos, just opposite Isolo General hospital this evening, sitting down with a very friendly Hausa fruit seller. He sells just water melons and pineapples.

I patronised him, then sat on his bench, was looking around and gisting with him. I noticed something very interesting.

In the space of like 20 minutes, this young man made like N1, 200 in sales. It was a very busy street.

I started mental calculations. That was before I took the selfie though. Lolz.

Ok. Let's assume that only N200 out of this guy's N1, 200 is his profit. This means this guy makes like N200 every 20 mins or N10 per minute.

Ok. N10 per minute equals N600 per hour. Multiply that by 10 hours per day, 8am-6pm. This equals N6, 000 per day OF PROFIT!

Multiply that by 30 days per month. These guys work everyday mind you.

That's N180, 000 per month! OF PROFITS!

Ok. Let's say we over-estimated things. Let's take away N100, 000 from this money.

Doing that, this uneducated roadside fruit seller still nets N80, 000 every freaking month!

Correct me if I'm wrong with these calculations!

Should you start selling fruits on a busy road?

I don't know.

But what I know is this. Whatever it is you do for yourself, it will surely pay you more than what some employers out there will pay you.

Believe me!

so when are you starting your own fruits selling business. it's easier said than done. do you know how to calculate their losses and his risk.
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by lordess(m): 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
This is the thing...

Find a out what people are dying to buy, position your "offer"
right in their eyes...

and watch them pay thee.

as simple as that.

READ This Cool Post Here:
https://www.nairaland.com/4691357/5-proven-steps-build-business
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Ugosample(m): 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2018
tiwiex:

Too much grammar that even the fruit seller has no clue what you talking about. I think humility is the key. We are generally to proud to do certain jobs but will happily work in a Mc Donalds for change. I think that is the problem in Naija. We have a big man mentality. I think the genesis needs to be traced. I have my opinion but it's mine. Let's shed the big man body and things will just get better. My take. Innovation, competition. All na grammar. If you look at our statistics. There is room for a lot of new entrants with no sophistication at all.

big man mentality indeed

That's he problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Student Selling Ofada Rice In Uniform (Photos) / Traders, Transporters Reject New Naira Notes / Ariaria International Market In Aba Flooded Yesterday (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.