Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,512 members, 7,816,237 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

How We Saved Our Relationship On The Verge Of Divorce - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How We Saved Our Relationship On The Verge Of Divorce (312 Views)

She Called Off Our Relationship Few Months To Our Wedding / My Girlfriend & I Ended Our Relationship Because Of Reno Omokri's Tweets, Advice / I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How We Saved Our Relationship On The Verge Of Divorce by Samuelgr8: 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2018
I was convinced Mel and I were going to get divorced after our first child. 100% sure. Not that we didn’t love each other, because we did. But we were young, both 24 years old. I was still in college. Our son, well… he sucked. Can I say that about a baby, because it’s true? He was a no-napper, and a no-night sleeper, and a fussy little butthole of a baby who refused to be let down. And even when we did hold him, he still cried a lot.

In hindsight, I sometimes wonder if he was colicky, but at the time, I honestly didn’t even know what that was. What I did know is that I was a young father working full time waiting tables while attending full-time college. My wife was working full time at a hardware store. No one was sleeping. NO ONE, and it felt like Mel and I were at each other’s throats all the time.

Although we split the night evenly, we still fought about who got up. We fought when one of us fell asleep on the sofa while the other held the baby, most of the time accidentally, but there is something about looking at your partner taking a nap when you are exhausted that makes you want to light everything on fire.

We fought on dates over what to order. We fought about directions and where the little money we had should go. We fought about EVERYTHING.

It came to a head at the grocery store one afternoon when I....see more

https://livelystones.com.ng/how-we-saved-our-relationship-on-the-verge-of-divorce/

(1) (Reply)

Looking For True Love / Will Trust Replace DNA Test!!!! / 15 Tips To Be A Good Girlfriend To Your Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.